• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do the combo challenge with Sakura, but it would have to be easy mode since I would have to stun Seth in order to do it.
Bison might be able to do it with scissors, providing you can press enough normals prior to build up a meter... but I doubt it.

Fraeon

dragonballjoseph said:
I can do the combo challenge with Sakura, but it would have to be easy mode since I would have to stun Seth in order to do it.
Bison might be able to do it with scissors, providing you can press enough normals prior to build up a meter... but I doubt it.

Unless you're planning to do it with fireballs, there already are 2 Sakura entries. Since I'm already late to the party with Sak, this is what I was planning to do with her:

traded hp srk, cl.mk x ex srk, fadc, cl.mk x lp srk, mp srk

The next combo I'll probably try to do is with Chun's legs. Just got to work out where to put lk legs so that it'll work.

SmokeMaxX

dragonballjoseph said:
No way Bison can do it. You'd need 7 meters to do it.
lk sk, fadc, mk sk, fadc, hk sk, fadc, ex sk. Unless you did something like hk sk trade and combo that into a short or something. Or alternatively, you might be able to do a big jump in combo and stun Seth which reduces the meter down to 5 bars since instead of FADCing, you can FA crumple into the next scissor kick.

On second thought...
I guess a theoretical combo would be (on Seth)
J. hp, cl. st. fp (or cr. mp, cr. mk for meter gain), rh scissors, fadc, cr. lk, cr. lk, cr. lk, mk scissors, fadc, cr. lk, cr. lk, cr. lk, lk scissors. There should be a stun somewhere in there. If not, adjust the combos accordingly. Maximizing normals to gain the extra meter required for ex scissors or an additional fadc if necessary.

LakeEarth

Maybe you could start the combo with EX scissors trading with focus and continue the combo from there. That way you can build a bar to get 2 FADCs. I'm not sure but I think if its going to work, it has to start off with a trade of some kind.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
NOBODY FUCKING PLAYS JOJO

;_;
I don't play JOJO, but I'm down to play some A3, 3S, or SSF2T! Hit me up. Keep in mind I never played any of these when they were new (stopped playing after Champion and Rainbow edition back in the day), so I suck terribly, but I still have fun scrubbing it up. ^_^

Dartastic

After watching the latest stream for MvC3 and knowing that there isn't going to be AE DLC for a considerable amount of time, I have come to the following conclusion: fuck this game, I'm out.

El Sloth

Banned
God's Beard said:
My friend finally took his xbox back, no more Street Fighter 4 for me :-(

Back to Jojo.
My brother just sent me this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-...Video_Games&hash=item2a0d22cfc8#ht_500wt_1122

Dude on ebay said:
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING: you are buying an online ticket for $5.00 to win a BRAND NEW (250 GB) Xbox 360 IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING WITH one game. once confirmation of your purchase is made an email with you ticket number will be sent out to you. YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE A TICKET NUMBER UNTIL PAYMENT IS MADE FOR THE TICKET(S) PURCHASED. the tickets will be numbered 001-300. 001 going to the first purchaser and so on. Once 300 tickets are sold the drawing will take place randomly using a computer, and one lucky winner will be guaranteed their Xbox 360. once the winner recieves their Xbox 360 feel free to jump up and down because you just won a $300 system for $5.00!!! Thank you and Good Luck.

Could be a scam, but who knows. It's just 5 bucks.

Yuripaw

Banned
I already posted on the SSF4 matchmaking thread, but that thread looks like it's been dead since August, so I thought I'd post here as well.

My PSN name is Ockman

If anyone on PS3 still plays this, and would like to add me, please do so. Just mention you're from gaf in the message. I'm not the most skilled player at SSF4, I lose probably 90% of the matches I play online because all those people are just so much better than me. I still really do love the game though, so I'm looking for similarly skilled players to play with sometimes.

Natural

Well Spirit of Jazz just gave me the beatdown of a lifetime. The kind of beatdown that makes me want to stop playing :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yuripaw said:
I already posted on the SSF4 matchmaking thread, but that thread looks like it's been dead since August, so I thought I'd post here as well.

My PSN name is Ockman

If anyone on PS3 still plays this, and would like to add me, please do so. Just mention you're from gaf in the message. I'm not the most skilled player at SSF4, I lose probably 90% of the matches I play online because all those people are just so much better than me. I still really do love the game though, so I'm looking for similarly skilled players to play with sometimes.

I'll add you. PSN is SeraphisCain.

notworksafe

Yuripaw said:

My PSN name is Ockman

I'm a scrub too, so I'll add you. :D I'm notworksafe on PSN.

Natural said:
Well Spirit of Jazz just gave me the beatdown of a lifetime. The kind of beatdown that makes me want to stop playing :lol

You were just back-dashing way too much man, you were actually doing a great job against my tornado throw option selects but as soon as I caught on to what you were doing I just decided to go in with step kick combos.

Good games though, you managed to get a few on me in random. I loathed myself after losing that Hakan/Honda match when it came down to the wire, why I decided to try and punish a jumped headbutt with a dash grab I'll never know.

Imm0rt4l

Natural said:
I think the worst beatdown I'd ever taken was from Hugo101's rufus back during vanilla, never felt so helpless. I've since leveled up though.

Natural

Spirit of Jazz said:
You were just back-dashing way too much man, you were actually doing a great job against my tornado throw option selects but as soon as I caught on to what you were doing I just decided to go in with step kick combos.

Good games though, you managed to get a few on me in random. I loathed myself after losing that Hakan/Honda match when it came down to the wire, why I decided to try and punish a jumped headbutt with a dash grab I'll never know.

Yeah your Abel pressure was quite hard to keep up with! I thought back dashing would help but realised I was doing it way too much when you kept step-kicking me. Jumping seemed to not work when I tried and I felt I'd just get chipped to death crouch blocking till you got tired or something. Definitely something I need to work on with Guy. I tried poking you quite a bit to get your health down but as soon as you got in it was over to be honest.

Good games though, makes me want to completely up my game! I'll play you again soon when I've levelled up a bit!

MIMIC

Banned
CPS2 said:
Maj put up a SSF4 combo challenge, you gotta come up with ways to do all 4 versions of a special move in one combo...
http://sonichurricane.com/?p=5705

I was thinking about how to do this with Fuerte. Seems pretty impossible since he technically only has 1 move that uses the traditional light/medium/hard/EX system: leg throw.

Might work with quesadilla bomb (the move no one uses) but the CHARGE TIME is what determines the intensity of the move and not the button used. And according to Event Hubs, the intensity is broken down in terms LEVELS (1, 2 and 3) and not light, medium or hard.

I wonder if that would be acceptable.

TimeKillr

Just popping in to inform you guys of a big tournament tomorrow -

http://nemesis.mtlsf.net/

Starts rather early in the day, and should be streamed and all. Art is going to be there with Spooky, and so will Chris Hu and Dieminion, alongside some of Canada's strongest players, like Chi-Rithy, JS Master and others :)

TimeKillr said:

Starts rather early in the day, and should be streamed and all. Art is going to be there with Spooky, and so will Chris Hu and Dieminion, alongside some of Canada's strongest players, like Chi-Rithy, JS Master and others :)
Cool, will tune in.

Fraeon

dragonballjoseph said:
Fuerte can do it easy.

RSF (jab run) > RSF (strong run) > RSF (fierce run) > RSF (EX run)

It should be something that hits the opponent, though. It doesn't matter what it is (there's an entry that uses all of Seth's tandens) but the move clearly has to hit the dummy for it to be accepted.

TimeKillr said:

Cool, will tune in.

CPS2

MIMIC said:
I was thinking about how to do this with Fuerte. Seems pretty impossible since he technically only has 1 move that uses the traditional light/medium/hard/EX system: leg throw.

Might work with quesadilla bomb (the move no one uses) but the CHARGE TIME is what determines the intensity of the move and not the button used. And according to Event Hubs, the intensity is broken down in terms LEVELS (1, 2 and 3) and not light, medium or hard.

I wonder if that would be acceptable.

I think as long as there's 4 versions of the move and they all connect, it should be fine. There's no difference with LP/MP/HP run tho right? =P That'd be pretty easy lol

Leunam

GGs to whoever DeulistXI is.

Haven't played in so long and it shows. I'm surprised I even landed my bnb into Ultra.

MIMIC

Banned
CPS2 said:
I think as long as there's 4 versions of the move and they all connect, it should be fine. There's no difference with LP/MP/HP run tho right? =P That'd be pretty easy lol

I think this is impossible after all. :lol I was playing around in training mode and so far I can't find any method to go from level 1 q-bomb to level 2 q-bomb. After FADCing the level 1, all you can do are LPs and q-bomb comes out too slow to connect after a LP.....and LP won't connect to anything that WILL connect to another q-bomb (even after using the run cancel)......

ugh.

As far as the run is concerned, some people say that the MP makes the RSF easier but I've never tried it since more buttons are required:

R(MP)S(LP)F(HP) = 3 different buttons
R(LP)S(LP)F(HP) = only 2 different buttons

Natural said:
Yeah your Abel pressure was quite hard to keep up with! I thought back dashing would help but realised I was doing it way too much when you kept step-kicking me. Jumping seemed to not work when I tried and I felt I'd just get chipped to death crouch blocking till you got tired or something. Definitely something I need to work on with Guy. I tried poking you quite a bit to get your health down but as soon as you got in it was over to be honest.

Good games though, makes me want to completely up my game! I'll play you again soon when I've levelled up a bit!

Okay, don't be down on your jumping. It was helping you on a hell of a lot of situation and I wasn't ever punishing accordingly so you should have kept doing it.

The reason I won the matches is because I focused your pokes and then you'd back-dash expecting a dash tornado grab early on. However you kept on doing this so I altered to step-kick your back-dashes recovery. I think the one time you considered this and let loose another attack I predicted you'd do it and let go of focus and crumpled you. I felt this pretty much spelled the end of our set and from that point on I went to the step kick as I knew you'd back dash. This was all down to one crumple and in a set of matches you can't let that get to you.

I think the other flaw you had was that you continued to attack after my block-strings ending in staining shot. Unless you go for a reversals, or back-dash there's no reason for me not to continue the step-kick pressure. The lesson being that if an Abel locks you down is a crouching shot/jab block string you should backlash out after the final standing short as he'll be unable to do anything about it. Also your eagerness to end the match was a real weakness, when Abel has full super he'll be able to take you out with an anti-air super for example. Don't feel there's any kind of rush if you're a character whose full screen attacks leave you at a advantage.

As for your strengths I though your unorthodox shit was great, your use of slides were well thought out (really, you didn't fall for the 2/3rds dancing at all) and your prediction of back-dashes was great. As Abel I really thought you had me locked down (as I did you) and you should have used that as an advantage.

Given I've played I little guy I feel you should have used your fierce rather than roundhouse (against Abel) and if things got closer than that your should have gone to your MP>HP>Elbow thingymagie specical for pressure as my only answer would be a ex-tornado grab.

I know the results look pretty bad but I really only beat you because of a couple of things you didn't pick up on. Keep it up and I'm sure you could floor me :)

As a side note Wiseblade will never stand a chance in hell unless he picks another character (as he is still better than me!)

AZ Greg

OT but... :p

So me, Satyamdas, and Vexco (Axis on GAF) have been playing on Poker Stars lately just for fun (play money). Turns out they are just as free as they are in SSF4. :p

royalflushl.jpg

I'm AZYUMA86, Saty goes by his normal name, and Vex is spartandigi. :D

Anyway, if any of SF4 GAF wants to play some hands with us then drop by the GAF ranbats IRC channel.

eissan

AZ Greg said:
OT but... :p

So me, Satyamdas, and Vexco (Axis on GAF) have been playing on Poker Stars lately just for fun (play money). Turns out they are just as free as they are in SSF4. :p

royalflushl.jpg

I'm AZYUMA86, Saty goes by his normal name, and Vex is spartandigi. :D

Anyway, if any of SF4 GAF wants to play some hands with us then drop by the GAF ranbats IRC channel.

man vex is a freaking shark! right after the hand you won 1.4 million in he won 5.8 million! jesus! he's like the daigo of poker LOL

Satyamdas

Banned
XenoRaven said:
Royal flush? This proves it. You're just lucky.
LOL, what Greg conveniently fails to mention is that he frequently runs out of chips and gets bailed out by the charitable donations of me, Vex, and random dudes at the table who take pity on him. Also that he got completely and thoroughly SCHOOLED by this one guy for something like 150K before his lucky hand. Royal flushes are cool, but when you would have never even played the hand without dat bail out, calling people free kind of rings hollow. ^_^

Also, eissan, the dollar amounts are 1:1. So vex won 1,400, not 1.4 mil.

Satyamdas said:
LOL, what Greg conveniently fails to mention is that he frequently runs out of chips and gets bailed out by the charitable donations of me, Vex, and random dudes at the table who take pity on him. Also that he got completely and thoroughly SCHOOLED by this one guy for something like 150K before his lucky hand. Royal flushes are cool, but when you would have never even played the hand without dat bail out, calling people free kind of rings hollow. ^_^

Also, eissan, the dollar amounts are 1:1. So vex won 1,400, not 1.4 mil.
ibi71I.gif

AZ Greg

And what Saty conveniently forgets to mention is that this guy who "thoroughly SCHOOLED" me was going all-in with shit hands and lucking out. He busted out a few minutes later. I just caught some bad breaks. But that's what happens when you try and play wisely but are facing people who have the "It's play money, screw it" mentality and go all-in with 3-8. Shit is gonna happen.

I guess I just need to start playing like Saty. Dude plays like his play money balance came from equity on his Grandma's house. Guy is tighter than (Insert sexual joke here). He'd be reluctant to bet even if he had my royal flush. :D

Stay free Saty!

TimeKillr said:

Damn I hope I get up early for this..:D

TimeKillr said:

Nice! I want to see some JS Master, and some Chi-Rithy since he couldn't make it to Canda Cup.

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
AZ Greg said:
And what Saty conveniently forgets to mention is that this guy who "thoroughly SCHOOLED" me was going all-in with shit hands and lucking out. He busted out a few minutes later. I just caught some bad breaks. But that's what happens when you try and play wisely but are facing people who have the "It's play money, screw it" mentality and go all-in with 3-8. Shit is gonna happen.

I guess I just need to start playing like Saty. Dude plays like his play money balance came from equity on his Grandma's house. Guy is tighter than (Insert sexual joke here). He'd be reluctant to bet even if he had my royal flush. :D

Stay free Saty!
Why don't you girls quit arguing about play money and put some real cash in your guys account so I can rob you guys.:D

USD

Sako doing some crazy Seth combos. :lol

j.HP → cl.HP → Shoryuken → FADC → Headstomp (first hit) → Dive Kick (whiff) → Full Headstomp → Dive Kick (whiff) → UC2

I didn't even that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom