• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
FindMyFarms said:
Hey, I played in a GAF XBL tourney once... all I can say is thanks for the TE! :lol

/psn gaf represent
Yo auugh, why so raw!? :D

Shoutouts to everyone on gaf-chat who bodied my ass tonight haha.
Damn TE stick stopped working for lobby at the end but I could still type with it in psn chat which was weird as fuck. Never had that happen...anyone else got similar issue with madcats TE (first ones)?

Edit:
-PXG- said:
Yes it is.

Now, I'm no pro, far from it, but I hate this game with a passion when someone, who clearly sucks at the game, beats you. Getting beaten by some scrubby ass, turtle ass Akuma is the worst feeling in the world. Blanka and T.Hawk players can eat dick in the ninth circle of Hell for all eternity.
As surprising as it may sound, I know that feeling all too well. :lol

SmokeMaxX

-PXG- said:
Yes it is.

Now, I'm no pro, far from it, but I hate this game with a passion when someone, who clearly sucks at the game, beats you. Getting beaten by some scrubby ass, turtle ass Akuma is the worst feeling in the world. Blanka and T.Hawk players can eat dick in the ninth circle of Hell for all eternity.
Runaway Akuma is irritating, but hit him once or twice and he has to come to you.

Blanka is easy as pie for 90% of the cast (pray you don't main T Hawk or Gief). Blanka balls can be punished on hit/block by almost the entire cast. The entire cast can stuff Blanka balls coming at you with either a jab or a harder hitting normal. Electricity can be stuffed since it has slow startup. Most gimmicks are torn up by crouch tech. Don't meaty Blanka and you won't get wake-up Ultra'd. Simple strategies work very well against Blanka unless the Blanka is good. It's difficult for Blanka to blow up crouch tech for big damage. His B&Bs consist of mostly one frame links or pianoing electricity. It's difficult for Blanka to get in. And a vast majority of Blanka's tools are heavily punishable if you don't use them perfectly. Hit someone with Blanka Ball? You might get Ultra'd. Hit someone with Up Ball when they meaty you? Prepare to get Ultra'd. Accidentally miss crouching fierce? Well, that's a heavy jump in combo.

T Hawk really sucks in Super. Unless you're playing the 1% of T Hawks that actually know how to use him, punish him for his mistakes. St. RH is pretty slow. Condor Dive is heavily punishable and easily knocked out of the air even if he tries to whiff in front of you. T Hawk doesn't really have anything major that discourages you from trying to jump out, so mixing between that, backdash, and whatever reversal you have makes him less of a threat than Zangief.

Edit: Beaten... :lol

Someone on the comments said Daigo won 19 and Mago won 21 from their 40 matches.

Double Edit: Did Markman ever announce which player MadCatz picked up?

Well it's probably not Tokido because he's supposed to be retiring. Mago would be interesting. Really great player. I was hoping for an American player but I guess the good ones are all sponsored already and have contracts :lol

HiResDes

_dementia said:
Well it's probably not Tokido because he's supposed to be retiring. Mago would be interesting. Really great player. I was hoping for an American player but I guess the good ones are all sponsored already and have contracts :lol

Tokido is seriously retiring? I thought it was a joke. NO! Say it ain't so.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Juicebox write up on Yang

PALM (QCB + P)

LP - feint
MP – Does NOT knock down on hit. You can FADC, dash forward, and get cr.LK or cr.LP to combo with strict timing.
HP – Slower startup than MP version. Knocks the opponent down and away. Causes half-juggle.
EX - Hit-invincible for a brief period. The invincibility runs out just before the attack becomes active, however. It is similar to Viper's EX seismo. Knocks away, causes wall bounce and half-juggle. Follow it up with HK Rolling Kick or Ultra 2 (half-animation).

The hitbox on palm counts as a projectile. Dudley can duck through it, Ibuki can EX neck breaker through it, etc. This also explains how it destroys projectiles.
Breaks armor.

block advantage:
LP - Technically none as it's not an attack. Yang does not have a normal that can be made "better" on block by canceling into LP palm, but it's great for fakes and mixups.
MP - -3 or -4, but pushes away to avoid most punishes.
HP - Same as MP version.
EX - Piledriven by Zangief. Likely -4 or worse.

ROLLING KICK (DP + K, different motion from 3rd Strike)

LK - Fully invincible on startup(I KNEW IT), does not travel horizontally.
MK – Projectile invincible only. Rolls about ½ screen, then attacks upwards.
HK – Projectile invincible only. Rolls about ¾ screen, then attacks upwards.
EX – Projectile invincible only. Rolls to opponent (homing), then attacks upwards.

All versions anti-air well, but LK is the most consistent. MK, HK, and EX versions require strict timing but allow anti-airs from farther away than normal.
For the MK, HK, and EX versions, the roll will stop and the attack will begin if Yang reaches his opponent or if his opponent is directly overhead.
All versions are completely projectile invincible. Each version goes completely through Chun Li's Kikosho ultra as well as Juri's low Fuhajin.
LK is the only version worth using as a wakeup attack.
You can FADC any version.
You can do Rolling Kick, FADC, dash forward, half-animation ultra 2.

block advantage:
Any strength is horribly bad on block, like a missed HP shoryuken from Ken. Don't miss.

MANTIS SLASH (QCF + P)

All versions have very little range. They are not suitable for poking. As far as I can tell, the EX version has no properties besides the extra hits.

block advantage:
LP - -2 on the first slash. -3 or worse on each successive slash.
MP - -3 or worse on each slash.
HP – same as MP version.
EX – same as LP version.

COMMAND DASH (QCF + K, different motion from 3rd Strike)

LK – Travels about a 1/3 screen distance.
MK - Travels about a ½ screen distance.
HK - Travels about a ¾ screen distance.
EX - Travels about a ¾ screen distance. Hit-invincible for its duration.

This move is identical to Abel's Marseilles Roll. You can hit the startup or the recovery of the LK, MK, and HK versions, and you can throw any part of any strength.

COMMAND GRAB (HCB + K)

LK - reaches from about 1.5 crouching jabs away
MK - reaches from about 1 crouching jab away
HK - reaches from about 1 crouching jab away
EX - reaches from very slightly more than 2 crouching jabs away

All versions have the same recovery, and it's very bad. Only slightly better than a missed SPD from Zangief.
All versions seem to have the same startup, which is very fast. You cannot cancel into it and still have it connect like Fei Long's.
After the grab is over, you are in proximity to use close moves such as close MP or close MK. Plenty of other normals are possible, though.

SEIEI-ENBU (QCBx2 + P, different motion from 3rd Strike)

Just like Genei-Jin, this will take much more time. Sorry I don't have more for you right now. However, I'm 99% sure that Yang can do REAL unblockables with this move.

NOTE: If you land either of Yang's ultras during Seiei-enbu you do NOT get extra hits.

TO BE CONTINUED...

HiResDes said:
Tokido is seriously retiring? I thought it was a joke. NO! Say it ain't so.

He says he's going to play for a couple of years more and then do something else. But there are a bunch of people who "retire" and then come back.

Tokido's already sponsored.

Rocwell

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Juicebox write up on Yang

SEIEI-ENBU (QCBx2 + P, different motion from 3rd Strike)

Just like Genei-Jin, this will take much more time. Sorry I don't have more for you right now. However, I'm 99% sure that Yang can do REAL unblockables with this move.
I suspected as much, if Yang gets in on you with super and you don't have an invincible reversal you're done.

Did he have unblockables in 3rd strike? If not what kept him from having them? Did S-E just function differently in that game?

LakeEarth

~Devil Trigger~ said:
COMMAND GRAB (HCB + K)

LK - reaches from about 1.5 crouching jabs away
MK - reaches from about 1 crouching jab away
HK - reaches from about 1 crouching jab away
EX - reaches from very slightly more than 2 crouching jabs away

All versions have the same recovery, and it's very bad. Only slightly better than a missed SPD from Zangief.
All versions seem to have the same startup, which is very fast. You cannot cancel into it and still have it connect like Fei Long's.
After the grab is over, you are in proximity to use close moves such as close MP or close MK. Plenty of other normals are possible, though.
I don't see the advantage of using mk or hk over the lk version if they really have the same startup and recovery. The move itself doesn't do any damage.

Rocwell

LakeEarth said:
I don't see the advantage of using mk or hk over the lk version if they really have the same startup and recovery. The move itself doesn't do any damage.
One version might have more frame advantage after the grab than the others making it easier to combo after. Or not.

I always wanted to get in on those combo challenges but I'm too cheap to buy something that I can capture video with :(

Rocwell

Threi said:
heh you know I have an idea in my head how to pull that off with DJ...just don't have the execution for it :lol
I dunno, Maj wants it done with default stun gauges, I don't think you can combo 4 up kicks without it and I don't think you can build up enough stun with them. I know you can do lk up kicks into mk/hk version but I don't think you can go from mk/hk into ex or vice versa?

I know how you feel though I was trying to figure out how Makoto could combo 4 hayates but I don't think it's possible without some cheating :(
4 fukiages is easy peasy though

XenoRaven

This seems super easy for Chun if you can do her infinite. Though that's assuming you're still at the same frame advantage when you cancel lk legs into mk like you would do for hk into mk legs normally. You'd only have to do 2 loops, one lk and one hk, then you could just do cr hp xx EX legs. That's pretty lame though. Then again, that's not an easy infinite.

Imm0rt4l

I love how Goukens jumping strong xx tatsu is a good means of carrying your opponent into the corner. That plus having legit blockstrings makes me a happy man. Still gonna main the fuck outta Yun though.

HiResDes

Imm0rt4l said:
I love how Goukens jumping strong xx tatsu is a good means of carrying your opponent into the corner. That plus having legit blockstrings makes me a happy man. Still gonna main the fuck outta Yun though.
Gouken has come a long way, I used to think he was kind of a joke in Vanilla.

Threi

notag
Rocwell said:
I dunno, Maj wants it done with default stun gauges, I don't think you can combo 4 up kicks without it and I don't think you can build up enough stun with them. I know you can do lk up kicks into mk/hk version but I don't think you can go from mk/hk into ex or vice versa?
I was thinking with air slashers.

lp slasher > j.mk > cl.lk xx mp air slasher > cl.jab > cr.jab > st.lk xx ex air slasher > level 2 FA > dash > st.lp > cl.lk xx hp air slasher > st.jab > cr.jab > cr. forward.

problem is spacing and charge time, but in the corner all fireballs can be comboed into st.jab. its a 1f link though. Adding more jabs gives you more charge time but makes the spacing and ultimately comboing into fireball more difficult. The close lk is used because you don't get any pushback. I tried something like this and had a lot of trouble with the followups, it might not even be possible.

Rocwell

Threi said:
I was thinking with air slashers.

lp slasher > j.mk > cl.lk xx mp air slasher > cl.jab > cr.jab > st.lk xx ex air slasher > level 2 FA > dash > st.lp > cl.lk xx hp air slasher > st.jab > cr.jab > cr. forward.

problem is spacing and charge time, but in the corner all fireballs can be comboed into st.jab. its a 1f link though. Adding more jabs gives you more charge time but makes the spacing and ultimately comboing into fireball more difficult. The close lk is used because you don't get any pushback. I tried something like this and had a lot of trouble with the followups, it might not even be possible.
Oh, I see. Was assuming you were going to take on jackknife kicks since Maj already beat Air slashers to death when Super first came out and that's what he started the video with ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom