• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I know this isn't normally the place for this, but if you could spare a few minutes to help me out briefly... I have a Blaze Twin Shock Arcade stick, limited edition black, that is still in the box. It is used, but in good condition and everything works perfectly on it. It looks exactly like this if it helps you identify it:

http://oi53.tinypic.com/j7apfk.jpg

Works on both PlayStation and PS2 with no modifications and apparently PS3 if you get a cheap adapter. I kind of want to sell it because of limited room and the like. But the trouble is that I have no idea of its actual value. Very few results turn up outside of images when I searched for it. The only details I could find had a price range that was all over the place. Can anyone shed any light on the approximate value of this kind of object?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Backdashes aren't considered airborne the whole way through, so if you think one's coming you can forward dash and you'll recover before them and you can grab them while they're in the tail end of their recovery. Depending on the character you're fighting, you can option select a forward dash and still have enough advantage to grab them. Or if you want to get really fancy, you can option select a kara karakusa.

I think what caused the karakusa to whiff in that video was the invincibility frames and not the airborne frames though.

USD

Valle calling motherfuckers out. :lol I'm pretty sure this is pointed at JSMaster, who was talking shit about Valle.

From his twitter:

Alex Valle said:
ProTip: Talking shit to an OG is just speaking in our native tongue. If you wanna come up, just win when it counts or stay a bum.

USD

entrement said:
Where was this? The background and all?
JS was talking smack on the Nemesis 2 stream yesterday, and someone mentioned this to Valle on the Level|Up stream, also yesterday. Valle kept it clean on air, but you could tell he wasn't pleased. :lol

hitsugi

USD said:
JS was talking smack on the Nemesis 2 stream yesterday, and someone mentioned this to Valle on the Level|Up stream, also yesterday. Valle kept it clean on air, but you could tell he wasn't pleased. :lol

was JS directly speaking toward / about Valle, though?

Imm0rt4l

Conceited said:
Yeah, said he was washed up and he couldn't do what Eric Hai could.

Looking forward to see what happens at WCW now.
oh is that what he said? I think Erics Ryu was pretty ace, but I'm not sure I'd say it's on par with Valles.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Well, JS is a bit of a troll, and he seemingly changes his mind with the flip of a coin so I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Threi said:
that being said, i think JS can take Valle on a good day.

Problem is...he's a bit inconsistent.

Pretty much, he seems to play well when the pressure is really on though. I guess it really comes down to if the JS from Canada Cup shows up to WCW or the JS from Nemesis and other non-majors.

hitsugi

Conceited said:
Yeah, said he was washed up and he couldn't do what Eric Hai could.

Looking forward to see what happens at WCW now.

well the whole washed up thing has been done to death in the SF community.. and for a very, very long time now.

There really aren't many Rog players left in So Cal so I'm not sure how good Valle's Ryu would do against JS at this point.. but I'd bet it anyway

USD said:

He said the smack talk today doesn't get to him. He replied, "I'm for the 90s"

AZ Greg

How about them Eagles Kadey?

aaron-rodgers-champ-belt-o.gif

zlatko

Banned
Tiger uppercut said:
SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!

YOUR AVATAR?!

*ETERNAL RAGE*

/derail.

Valle was free to randoms a few days ago on SRKlive.

I'm sure JS Master could take on Valle.

Uuuh. I'm not going to make excuses for Valle on SRKLive for w/e reason he got blown up when you were viewing, but think a little bit about it.

A) Not a tournament
B) ONLINE LAG
C) Was he just playing Ryu the whole time or fucking around with other characters?

I seriously doubt Xbox Alex playing T.Hawk is the same thing as his Ryu at a tournament.

As for JSmaster I've been on the, "he's a shit head" committee since CanadaCup where he did nothing but mouth off on the stream to just about everyone and even said the USA sucks. He can talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk he stumbles quite a lot.

If him vs Valle happens soon though he is going to get exposed.

Imm0rt4l

JS could definitely beat Valle, I've never seen anyone body Justin that bad. Justin made it close the next time they fought though.

Conceited said:
I don't think thats fair at all. He beat Daigo, Mago, Justin Wong, Air, Mike Ross, Gootecks, Arturo, etc. etc.

He beat Daigo and Mago in a 3v3 match. It was only 2 rounds to win. Not the same thing as actually beating them in a tourney.

zlatko

Banned
KS Seven X said:
He beat Daigo and Mago in a 3v3 match. It was only 2 rounds to win. Not the same thing as actually beating them in a tourney.

This.

I'm not trying to discredit his Rog which is def. awesome, but other than Canada Cup where has JSmaster shined and shown himself? Valle has been around as long as the scenes existence and has proven himself long ago as one of the best.

I'd still root for and think that Valle could take JS in a tournament bracket if they meet up. We'll see if it comes to that. Or maybe they can play some exhibition matches of a first to 10 set.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
KS Seven X said:

Yeah but that doesn't really discredit what he did, and he actually beat Mago twice.

None of this means anything however, he is obviously an extremely skilled player and so is Valle so who knows what would happen were they to actually fight. I was just saying it's not fair to say he can't back up his talk when he clearly can.

Conceited said:
I don't think thats fair at all. He beat Daigo, Mago, Justin Wong, Air, Mike Ross, Gootecks, Arturo, etc. etc.

TBH, Daigo was 1-1 against JS Master (he beat him in the exhibition and beat him in the team tournament). I want to say Daigo was using Guile not Ryu.

JS beat Mago during the exhibition and team tournament but lost during the actual single tournament when Mago chose Sagat.

I think Justin would beat JS, but it's hard to tell as JS was really inconsistent in the teams and singles tournament.

And seriously, Valle has nothing to prove at this point. He's giving back to the community right now, consistently places high in tournaments (probably only getting blown up by Daigo, Wong, Ortiz) and has major accomplishments under his belt. It just seems random and disrespectful to just go at him (unless he was popping off at JS first).

I say the hype returns this coming weekend. Hopefully, Valle, Wong, Gootecks, Ross, Keno, Marn and a few people from Norcal show up (besides IPW).

zlatko said:
As for JSmaster I've been on the, "he's a shit head" committee since CanadaCup where he did nothing but mouth off on the stream to just about everyone and even said the USA sucks. He can talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk he stumbles quite a lot.

Please, you've hated him ever since he beat Sabin at that small tourney for the free airplane ticket to Canada Cup. :D

Oh, and of course he's going to shit talk the US. Canada ain't Japan. US aren't the underdogs in this situation.

zlatko

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
Please, you've hated him ever since he beat Sabin at that small tourney for the free airplane ticket to Canada Cup. :D

Oh, and of course he's going to shit talk the US. Canada ain't Japan. US aren't the underdogs in this situation.

I don't even think I watched more than 5 minutes of that stream. I just remember the very endingish point some really dark ass room. Tuned back in later and Arturo lost which I thought was hilarious since he went all the way out there and got blown up. :lol

Really though shit talk is shit talk. I talk some BS too, but I don't have a stream camera up on me full of a ton of US players watching when you're trying to make a name for yourself AND represent your country.

If Daigo did NOTHING but tell the USA they suck and talk shit do you really think there'd be that following/respect he has now? I seriously doubt it. Being a bit humble and respectful goes a long ways if you ask me.

Like I said though shit talk is shit talk, and a little bit of it for funsies is good for rivalries and such. Taking a massive shit on stream out of your mouth is a different story though. I think the only other player who talked that big of mess as of late is F.Champ and he isn't exactly loved by a lot of people for it. If that's just JSmaster being himself that's fine, but I'm going to stay in the camp that that is the kind of person I do NOT want to see win jack shit in life. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AZ Greg said:
How about them Eagles Kadey?

It's alright. Use to Philly teams not named the Phillies choking every year. I'm not that disappointed in the lost since it's the Packers. If it were the Giants or Cowboys it would be a different story. -=looks at Kuma=-

I was wondering about that whole JS/Valle thing since I caught it last night. JS started it or there is more to it than what we saw on the stream? It came out of the blue. Maybe JS was just trying to hype up Canada. Eric Hai is pretty good but yeah, most of us would say he's not on Valle's level. Even as a joke, that's sort of going too far since they aren't homies or anything. It's going to be interesting this coming weekend.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Kadey said:
It's alright. Use to Philly teams not named the Phillies choking every year. I'm not that disappointed in the lost since it's the Packers. If it were the Giants or Cowboys it would be a different story. -=looks at Kuma=-

I was wondering about that whole JS/Valle thing since I caught it last night. JS started it or there is more to it than what we saw on the stream? It came out of the blue. Maybe JS was just trying to hype up Canada. Eric Hai is pretty good but yeah, most of us would say he's not on Valle's level. Even as a joke, that's sort of going too far since they aren't homies or anything. It's going to be interesting this coming weekend.

Well JS, Dieminion and a bunch of people (including Art maybe?) were saying that Eric Hai was the best Ryu in North America, and then someone brought up Valle at some point and thats when JS said he was washed up and past his prime, then he came back later when Eric was beasting and said something like "Lets see Valle do that".

Conceited said:
Well JS, Dieminion and a bunch of people (including Art maybe?) were saying that Eric Hai was the best Ryu in North America, and then someone brought up Valle at some point and thats when JS said he was washed up and past his prime, then he came back later when Eric was beasting and said something like "Lets see Valle do that".

They need to have a money match between JS and Filipino Champ. The discussion afterward will be hilarious.

And Valle still has gas in the tank. He had that spectacular match with Daigo. And he's come out second a few times to Marn and Ricky Ortiz (WCW, NCR, Devastation, etc). He's won a few events. But think about it, Justin and Ricky beat everyone and people like Vance, Flash, Art, Sanford, Valle, etc are always second fiddles.

Degen

Crisis said:
Hey guys. I know this isn't normally the place for this, but if you could spare a few minutes to help me out briefly... I have a Blaze Twin Shock Arcade stick, limited edition black, that is still in the box. It is used, but in good condition and everything works perfectly on it. It looks exactly like this if it helps you identify it:

http://oi53.tinypic.com/j7apfk.jpg

Works on both PlayStation and PS2 with no modifications and apparently PS3 if you get a cheap adapter. I kind of want to sell it because of limited room and the like. But the trouble is that I have no idea of its actual value. Very few results turn up outside of images when I searched for it. The only details I could find had a price range that was all over the place. Can anyone shed any light on the approximate value of this kind of object?
that thing is huge

huuuuuuuuge

$50?

Duelist

Lotta QQing about trash talk. Man up, it's part of the game. I sure Valle's not taking it personally.

The fighting game scene would be boring if we didn't have people like Filipino Champ, JS, etc.

I agree that Valle's past his prime(age does that to ya), but to say hes washed up is just laughable seeing as he places top 8 in almost every major he goes to.

I just bought this and damn... I suck big time at this game. I went online and got my ass handed to me too.

I'm going to buy an arcade stick but if I have friends over I'll need to buy two so it doesn't look uneven.

vulva

Man, JS doesn't represent Canada. He represents JS (both himself and I guess his school since he named himself after it haha). I really need to see if any of the other big names from Toronto are going to WCW (and MTL too, for that matter). Remember how JS did pretty well against Mike Ross? That's a 50/50 with our Honda here (davero). JS is extremely good, but he's not all Canada has to offer, at all.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I want to see that match go down - even though I liked how he played the few times I've seen him, I'd just love to see JS play Valle just to see the drama that would unfold regardless if he won or not.

And I'm not really a huge fan of Valle either, so it really wouldn't matter which way it would go to me, but I just don't wanna good trash talk go to waste like that... :lol

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, sorry to interupt the general chit-chat, but just a quick shoutout to J-GAF.

I'll be in Tokyo from this coming Monday for a couple of weeks. It's a long-shot, but if anyone is around and fancies teaching a fellow GAFfer a thing or two at AE, I'd love to have a few matches :)

Drop me a PM or something if you're up for dropping some 100yens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom