• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-Genius said:
Hey, sorry to interupt the general chit-chat, but just a quick shoutout to J-GAF.

I'll be in Tokyo from this coming Monday for a couple of weeks. It's a long-shot, but if anyone is around and fancies teaching a fellow GAFfer a thing or two at AE, I'd love to have a few matches :)

Drop me a PM or something if you're up for dropping some 100yens!

Damn you. I still need to make it out to Japan.

BlackGoku03 said:
I just bought this and damn... I suck big time at this game. I went online and got my ass handed to me too.

I'm going to buy an arcade stick but if I have friends over I'll need to buy two so it doesn't look uneven.
If you want to buy two wait for markman's 2-for-1 sales

the_log_ride said:
@MiniBoss: I wanna see how much you've improved

Just promise me you won't ultra from full screen and grab my limbs. :lol

I got better with my punishes ( Back HP cancel to EX yoga flame), gettting a lot more air to air jumping mp, NOT using that HK slide and blocking when I am out of range for Back HK.)

I need to stop hitting a button after I land a jumping HP (been ultra'ed and uppercutted too many times when I stick out MP) What hurts the most is losing to Bisons that are worse than my Bison. Still the feeling of winning with Sim is so good.

ok guys...I'm sorry to say this but my computer is dying...without it i cannot organize the ranbats. so until i can stabilize it so im not blue screening every 4-6 hrs or get a job where i can buy a new one the ranbats are on hiatus. soon as i can confirm my computer is not dying i will resume the show, but until that happens the ranbats are on a temporary hiatus.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
They're only unsafe if the person you're playing can punish them and that guy missed the punish like 8 out of 10 times. If it was me, at some point I would've like, did a Blanka ball and did ultra as soon as I recovered because dude would've got nailed.

BitchTits

BlackGoku03 said:
I just bought this and damn... I suck big time at this game. I went online and got my ass handed to me too.

I'm going to buy an arcade stick but if I have friends over I'll need to buy two so it doesn't look uneven.
The longer a game like this has been available the stronger the competition is because casuals drop off and really only the hardcore players are left, it's a shame. I stopped playing because it was increasingly difficult to find anyone on my level to play against.

BitchTits said:
The longer a game like this has been available the stronger the competition is because casuals drop off and really only the hardcore players are left, it's a shame. I stopped playing because it was increasingly difficult to find anyone on my level to play against.

You should be fine as long as you avoid endless battle. There are enough average/bad players available in ranked. (Including me! :lol)
And if you can't win in real low PP area, (search custom match > same skill) hit the training room and watch some videos on basics.

El Sloth

Banned
BitchTits said:
I don't know about that, my friend who is still pretty new to fighting games is constantly running into people as good or worse than him in ranked all the time. Then he goes and creates a lobby and gets blown up by a bunch of B and A rank players. :lol

BitchTits said:
I agree! But I'm not going to give up yet. I'll keep practicing.

I never was very good at 2D fighters but I figure I'd give it a chance. I'm pretty good at Virtua Fighter and decent at Soul Calibur but that was on the PS2. It's time consuming to reach the level I once was. And even more so when I'm trying to become better at Street Fighter.

HiResDes

_dementia said:
he seems to throw out a lot of unsafe balls though
But at least he knows they are unsafe. I've found when you play too respectful sometimes it works against you. I like to throw out a bunch of short wheelkicks with Bison in the first round just to see how a person will react.

Tashi0106 said:
I played against AlukardNY a bunch. His Juri beats up my Cammy all the time. :lol

He was just lost during that whole match, he could of punished those unsafe and predictable blanka balls a bunch of diff ways. It's a 6-4 match against blanka, but easily seems like 7-3 if you can't punish blanka balls. Dive kicks are the worst way to punish, unsafe and can be rainbow rolled to hell. I'm sure he's a decent/good juri but he needs to learn the dreaded matchup.

BitchTits

I think the range of players is probably better in the USA since the numbers are bigger, but in Euroland, it's a bit harder to find a decent match in my experience.

I am gonna pick the game back up once Yun/Yang hit the consoles.

BitchTits said:
I think the range of players is probably better in the USA since the numbers are bigger, but in Euroland, it's a bit harder to find a decent match in my experience.

I am gonna pick the game back up once Yun/Yang hit the consoles.

It also depends on the time you play. E.g. Saturday/Sunday you might run into more beginners. Monday night... not so much. Just lost 700pp :lol. And had a few matches against a French pro player who I will cheer for now in the Beat By Contest. I'm still thinking about going. That list is ridiculous:

- Mago
- Tokido
- Sako
- EG (Justin, Marn, Ricky)
- V-Ryu
- Alioune
- Ryan Hart
- Luffy

Biggest SF star ensemble in Europe ever I think.

Between Mike Ross namedropping Kate Botello a few episodes ago and this episode with Gootecks and Mike Ross talking about their exploits with AOL and IRC...:lol

N4Us

My favorite Blanka trick is if reg ball gets blocked, ex ball on landing.

Also was cracking up at the stories of Gootecks' AOL mischief. It's a bit weird that I never had AOL and yet knew exactly what they both were talking about, guess lurking on emu boards back in the day did that to me...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Balrog is looking so snazzy, but that Fei Long alt is just too BOSS for words, shit.

Rio Carnival Blanka - I'm loving it, all lit up and taking up almost half the screen... :lol

Man I still hate the idea of buying the alts, but I'd buy both of those packs for the three alts I mentioned above, easily. Balrog should have had a red suit as well though.

Gen's is pretty sick as well, I don't play him though.

juri blanka used to be bad for me but its hella fun now.

Divekick is actually a good punish for a blocked blankaball if you are good at toediving you can either dive to get closer to where he will land or if you are close enough to the corner you can tag him personally with the dive if you hit him high enough you can u2 after.

c.strong stuffs blankaball if your timing is good.
keeping a fireball stocked is alright too because you can use it to punish BB on hit.

pretty much the match boils down to you being willing to take damage.

its the one matchup however you want to avoid cornering jimmy

Spoke too soon

AkumaHokoru said:
juri blanka used to be bad for me but its hella fun now.

Divekick is actually a good punish for a blocked blankaball if you are good at toediving you can either dive to get closer to where he will land or if you are close enough to the corner you can tag him personally with the dive if you hit him high enough you can u2 after.

c.strong stuffs blankaball if your timing is good.
keeping a fireball stocked is alright too because you can use it to punish BB on hit.

pretty much the match boils down to you being willing to take damage.

its the one matchup however you want to avoid cornering jimmy

oh and ranbats are back on. i seem to have stabilized my comp

Is it by any chance a memory leak problem?

schennmu said:
When are the new costumes released? Need Fei outfit asap.

They can't be serious about that Blanka outfit! :lol

• Balrog, Vega, Sagat, M. Bison, Seth — Jan. 11, 2011

• Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Fei Long, Gen — Jan. 25, 2011

• Full Costume Pack — April 26, 2011. This will run 1,440 Microsoft points, or $18.00 USD

I really wanted a Red Balrog suit :(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
KS Seven X said:
Damn you. I still need to make it out to Japan.
Haha, thanks for rescuing me from page bottom. Good luck in your quest for Japan!

Man, that Fei alt makes me want to pick him up. All about the pink suit.
Seth-o-tron is pretty neat as well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
111yun01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom