• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Am I crazy or does Yun say his awesome third strike round win of, "Slap the condom on!" in AE for one of his sayings between rounds? I heard the start of it in a video on SRK, but then it got skipped over. He also has his hat twirl after he wins a round.

USD

the_log_ride said:
Too lazy to translate, but I can give a quick breakdown of the combos they listed:

Yun's Recommended Combos

cr.LP → st.LP → st.LK → st.MP → HP Zesshou (Rush Punch) 187 Damage 286 Stun

cr.MP → st.MP → HK Nishoukyaku (Up Kicks) 222 Damage 340 Stun Note: Depending on the distance, cr.MPx2

EX Zessho → UC1 440 Damage 200 Stun

Yang's Recommended Combos

cr.LK → st.LP → cr.MK → HP Tourou (Mantis Slash/Rekka) 199 Damage 323 Stun

Tenshin → cl.MP → HP Tourou 195 Damage 246 Stun

cr.MK → HP Tourou (two hits) → FADC → UC1 439 Damage 190 Stun

zlatko said:
Am I crazy or does Yun say his awesome third strike round win of, "Snap the condom on!" in AE for one of his sayings between rounds? I heard the start of it in a video on SRK, but then it got skipped over. He also has his hat twirl after he wins a round.
What's he really supposed to be saying? I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII right now and Snow says the same thing during his winpose.

Imm0rt4l

-PXG- said:
YAY!

I'm over 1000 PP! I'm still a scrub, but not free as fuck :p
Speaking of PP, I have this tendency of checking players pp when I enter a room. If it's over 3-4000 I expect a pretty good player over 5 and 6k and I'm expecting high level play given they use their main. I'm not sure if their is an effective way of boosting, but I've found that pp can be more misleading than I originally thought. A guy on my friendlist who plays guile has over 4k, but he's pretty ass and it trips me out, he abuses low roundhouse and I've been punishing him for it, but old habits die hard it seems, rather than deleting him I'll probably tell him he really needs to stop spamming that shit. I shouldn't put stock into PP anyways since of course some people play multiple characters and even more don't bother with ranked. I haven't played ranked in 6 months.

HiResDes

USD said:
Too lazy to translate, but I can give a quick breakdown of the combos they listed:

Yun's Recommended Combos

cr.MP → st.MP → HK Nishoukyaku (Up Kicks) 222 Damage 340 Stun Note: Depending on the distance, cr.MPx2

So st.LP → st. LP → st. LK →st. MP → HP (Rush Punch) doesn't work anymore, you have to crouch now?

USD

HiResDes said:
So st.LP → st. LP → st. LK →st. MP → HP (Rush Punch) doesn't work anymore, you have to crouch now?
They're recommended combos, not the only combos.

USD

Now with the comments on each combo:

YUN'S SUGGESTED COMBOS

Connecting the 3F cr.LP into TC1 and finishing off with a special move. If Up Kicks land you can quickly send your opponent towards the corner.

cr.MP → st.MP → HK Nishou (Up Kicks) 222 Damage 340 Stun Note: Depending on the distance, cr.MPx2

Because both cl.MP st.MP are special-cancellable, they're incredibly strong normals. Also, dependent on the opponent and spacing, cr.MPx2 is also possible.

It's a bit difficult from mid-screen, but it's a fundamental combo into Ultra.

YANG'S SUGGESTED COMBOS

cr.LK → st.LP → cr.MK → HP Tourou (Mantis Slash/Rekka) 199 Damage 323 Stun

A combo from the 3F cr.LK. Since the link into st.LP is tight, if you chance it to the 4F cr.LP you have more advantage and the combo is easier to do. Since it's easier to do to wake-up attacks if you change the the finishing Zourou to MK Senkyuutai (Roll Kick), choose which to use based on the situation.

An example of a combo from Zenpou Tenshin. Since both normal and EX put Yang at +7 on hit, you can combo into cr.MK, cl.MK, cl.HP, and other moves.

cr.MK → HP Tourou (two hits) → FADC → UC1 439 Damage 190 Stun

An example combo of connecting Ultra from an FADC. Of course, you not only combo with UC1, but UC2 as well.

USD

About Yun's Dive Kick

Though both Yun and Yang have the Raigekishuu (Dive Kick), which they can use as a starting point for attacks in a variety of ways, the hitbox is unusually small, while the hittable box is unusually large. With a simple strategy of attacking with Dive Kick, there's the risk of the move simply being stuffed, depending on the opponent's attack.

For those on the defensive side, we recommend countering using moves like light normals with high points of attack, and medium normals with high priority.

If blocked at the head, Yun is at ~-8 to -4.
Blocked at the waist, Yun is at ~-3 to +0.
Blocked at the feet, Yun is at ~+0 to +4.

If you can skillfully aim for the feet, Yun will be at an advantage after the block.

gutabo

USD said:
If blocked at the head, Yun is at ~-4 to -8.
Blocked at the waist, Yun is at ~-4 to +0.
Blocked at the feet, Yun is at ~+0 to +4.
Thanks again USD! Anyone knows if there are similar numbers for rufus?

USD

About Yang's Sei'ei Enbu (SC)

Sei'ei Enbu: A Super Combo where, following an attack from Yang, every ten frames, the shadows will attack an additional two times. Since Main attacks and shadow attacks have different properties, we'll discuss them a bit. Main attacks generally have the same properties as normal attacks. Exceptions include cl.HP and cr.HP, which do slightly different amounts of damage.

Shadow attacks do about 1/4 of the damage of the main attack, and do no (dizzy) stun, even if the hit lands. Also, all shadow attacks counts as upper-body attacks, so you can block them from both a standing and crouching guard. Furthermore, shadow Lvl.3 Focus Attacks are blockable, and shadow throws won't connect.

Though (depending on its use) Sei'ei Enbu is a Super Combo capable of doing massive amounts of damage, since there is scaling as the hits of a combo increase, we suggest knocking the opponent down during one combo and attacking again from wakeup.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
No Overhead for Shadows???? Booooooooo
111YAN_01.jpg

and...

111YUN_01.jpg

hitsugi

Shadow limitations = no ezmode unblockables for yang D: perhaps some kind of corner knockdown into 50/50 cross up though

USD

I'm pretty sure it means he has no unblockables at all. As long as you're blocking the attacks Yang himself is doing, you're fine.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wished they have player mode like in vanilla. The points are a distraction for somebody who doesn't care about them.

That being said, I'll play some games tonight. Maybe tomorrow too if I don't go into work.

Congrats to Eissan for winning the scrubs tournament. It isn't over yet though. He still has to face one more person.

Winners of the thing that I said will start getting their stuff in Feb. I'm too lazy to organize stuff right now.

Think about running another major team tournament but this time when AE hits. Just like last time, everybody will have about a month to practice with your team mates before the tournament actually begins.

After having spent more time on LIVE I have to revert my initial statement on LIVE vs PSN.

PSN IS FUCKING ASS. AND FILLED WITH DP MASHING JUMP SCRUBS.

No going back.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
USD delivering yet again - thanks for the Yang Super translation, looks like there won't be any unblockables whatsoever...

Yun Dive kick looking real fair right now too, and since they've specified that they're talking about Yun's kick only, Yang's might be completely different hitbox-wise...

SmokeMaxX

Skilotonn said:
USD delivering yet again - thanks for the Yang Super translation, looks like there won't be any unblockables whatsoever...

Yun Dive kick looking real fair right now too, and since they've specified that they're talking about Yun's kick only, Yang's might be completely different hitbox-wise...
Eh, Blanka Balls have just about the same hitbox as that dive kick (and got even worse in AE). Doesn't stop people on NeoGAF from crying about it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Lost Fragment said:

Oh wow - Makoto train is getting some serious passengers for real - thanks for these!

SmokeMaxX said:
Eh, Blanka Balls have just about the same hitbox as that dive kick (and got even worse in AE). Doesn't stop people on NeoGAF from crying about it.

Unfortunately, Blanka haters are worldwide - the stigma that comes from the hate that makes him scarier than he actually is tends to work in my favor though, let them keep over-estimating him... :lol

USD

I actually missed the comment on Yang's second combo (and put one of the sentences for the first there on accident). I just remembered the article mentioning Tenshin, and me not translating it. Edited my earlier post. Here it is:

An example of a combo from Zenpou Tenshin. Since both normal and EX put Yang at +7 on hit, you can combo into cr.MK, cl.MK, cl.HP, and other moves.

Shingin

I've just finished uploading the rest of Level|Up's ae event from Sunday on youtube. You can check them out here some are quite long but its in preparation for our upcoming AE Tournament on February 5th which will be streamed and recorded by me and the rest of the levelup crew. Level|Up Presents SSF4:Arcade Edition Tournament @ Round 1 Arcade! Feb. 5

Lots of Makoto and yang gameplay featured in these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmhYpJC2f6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_sYSoP1K6g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ttO33wSXsw

Degen

Had a meet with some SRKers who live around here. Cool people... damn good too.

This was my first time playing SSF4 on 360, so I got to see what the hate for the D-pad was about. Lord have mercy :lol I did okay, though.

schennmu said:
After having spent more time on LIVE I have to revert my initial statement on LIVE vs PSN.

PSN IS FUCKING ASS. AND FILLED WITH DP MASHING JUMP SCRUBS.

No going back.
NO U

*tomahawk buster, tomahawk buster, tomahawk buster*

SmokeMaxX

Skilotonn said:
Unfortunately, Blanka haters are worldwide - the stigma that comes from the hate that makes him scarier than he actually is tends to work in my favor though, let them keep over-estimating him... :lol
Blanka's my sub and let me tell you the cr. lk -> throw, cr. lk -> hop, cr. lk -> cr. mk, and cr. lk -> ultra mixup is godlike. First two make the opponent want to crouch tech. Last two make the opponent get blow up.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
http://shoryuken.com/f315/ssf4-arcade-ranking-260060/index6.html#post10069713 said:
◆ National Battle Point total (at 1/10)
No. 1 umehara (Yun) / 2034 against 1744 wins / winning percentage 84.74% / BP [48 501] / MASTER
No. 2 / / Mago (feilong) / 1269 against 1063 wins / winning percentage 83.77% / BP [45 944] / MASTER
No. 3 / / TOKIDO (gouki) / 1036 wins against 1233 / winning percentage 84.02% / BP [37 381] / MASTER
No. 4 / / Michael tan (Ken) / 818 against 733 wins / winning percentage 89.61% / BP [36 912] / MASTER
No. 5 / / nemo(yang) 1323 wins against 1677 / winning percentage 78.89% / BP [36 807] / MASTER
# 6 / / kindevu (Yun) / 1075 against 907 wins / winning percentage 84.37%/BP[36 378] / MASTER
# 7 / / bonchan(sagat) / 825 against 605 wins / winning percentage 73.33% / BP [35 981] / MASTER
# 8 / / -6(gouki) / 726 against 599 wins / winning percentage 82.51% / BP [35 664] / MASTER
# 9 / / nen (Yun) / 817 against 664 wins / winning percentage 81.27% / BP [35 623] / MASTER
No. 10 / banbaban(yun)/ 1103 against 797 wins / winning percentage 72.26% / BP [35 570] / MASTER
No. 11 / hatigasira san(yun) / 803 against 641 wins / winning percentage 79.83% / BP [35 518] / MASTER
No. 12 / darui(Dhalsim) / 1107 against 876 wins / winning percentage 79.13% / BP [35 464] / MASTER
No. 13 / uryo(sakura) / 625 against 569 wins / winning percentage 91.04% / BP [35 295] / MASTER
No. 14 / MDR / / (Rufus) / 523 against 474 wins / winning percentage 90.63% / BP [35 282] / MASTER
No. 15 / amiyu(gen)/ 696 against 603 wins / winning percentage 86.64% / BP [35 222] / MASTER
No. 16 / jimii(blanca) / 1004 against 812 wins / winning percentage 80.88% / BP [35 222] / MASTER
# 17 / ACQUA(ibuki) / 1053 against 895 wins / winning percentage 85.00% / BP [35 133] / MASTER
No. 18 / nekojita(abel) / 840 against 716 wins / winning percentage 85.24% / BP [35 117] / MASTER
No. 19 / katuo(sagat)509 against 429 wins / winning percentage 84.28% / BP [35 027] / MASTER
No. 20 / mizoteru(feilong)/ 1011 wins against 1355 / winning percentage 74.61% / BP [35 016] / MASTER

I want to see Momochi's Makoto :(

hitsugi

A lot of unfamiliar names on that list.. I wonder if -6 is somehow k-66. That guy probably quit when akumas far RH combos were removed

◆ National Battle Point total (at 1/10)
No. 1 umehara (Yun) / 2034 against 1744 wins / winning percentage 84.74% / BP [48 501] / MASTER
No. 2 / / Mago (feilong) / 1269 against 1063 wins / winning percentage 83.77% / BP [45 944] / MASTER
No. 3 / / TOKIDO (gouki) / 1036 wins against 1233 / winning percentage 84.02% / BP [37 381] / MASTER
No. 4 / / Michael tan (Ken) / 818 against 733 wins / winning percentage 89.61% / BP [36 912] / MASTER
No. 5 / / nemo(yang) 1323 wins against 1677 / winning percentage 78.89% / BP [36 807] / MASTER
# 6 / / kindevu (Yun) / 1075 against 907 wins / winning percentage 84.37%/BP[36 378] / MASTER
# 7 / / bonchan(sagat) / 825 against 605 wins / winning percentage 73.33% / BP [35 981] / MASTER
# 8 / / -6(gouki) / 726 against 599 wins / winning percentage 82.51% / BP [35 664] / MASTER
# 9 / / nen (Yun) / 817 against 664 wins / winning percentage 81.27% / BP [35 623] / MASTER
No. 10 / banbaban(yun)/ 1103 against 797 wins / winning percentage 72.26% / BP [35 570] / MASTER
No. 11 / hatigasira san(yun) / 803 against 641 wins / winning percentage 79.83% / BP [35 518] / MASTER
No. 12 / darui(Dhalsim) / 1107 against 876 wins / winning percentage 79.13% / BP [35 464] / MASTER
No. 13 / uryo(sakura) / 625 against 569 wins / winning percentage 91.04% / BP [35 295] / MASTER
No. 14 / MDR / / (Rufus) / 523 against 474 wins / winning percentage 90.63% / BP [35 282] / MASTER
No. 15 / amiyu(gen)/ 696 against 603 wins / winning percentage 86.64% / BP [35 222] / MASTER
No. 16 / jimii(blanca) / 1004 against 812 wins / winning percentage 80.88% / BP [35 222] / MASTER
# 17 / ACQUA(ibuki) / 1053 against 895 wins / winning percentage 85.00% / BP [35 133] / MASTER
No. 18 / nekojita(abel) / 840 against 716 wins / winning percentage 85.24% / BP [35 117] / MASTER
No. 19 / katuo(sagat)509 against 429 wins / winning percentage 84.28% / BP [35 027] / MASTER
No. 20 / mizoteru(feilong)/ 1011 wins against 1355 / winning percentage 74.61% / BP [35 016] / MASTER

Jesus. I know it's still early (hell, we don't even know if the entire playable roster is available yet) but this looks there is less variety than SF4/SSF4.
Maybe it's just me :/

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Accidentally posted the older one. Whoops. This is the one I meant to post.

◆ National Battle Point total (at 1/11)
1st umehara (Yun) BP48349 MASTER(Grand Master sf4 ryu bpNo1)
2nd mago (feilong) BP47084 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 sagat highest BP)
3rd TOKIDO(gouki) BP37381 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 gouki bpNo1)
No. 4.kindevu (Yun) BP37225 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 rufus viper, bp 100000 over ryu sagat gouki)
No. 5.nemo(yang) BP37136 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 chunli bpNo1)
No. 6.Michael tan (Ken) BP36972 MASTER( Master sf4 ken bprank5or6)
No. 7.bonchan(sagat) BP35981 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 sagat top4 )
No. 8.darui(Dhalsim) BP35786 MASTER( Master sf4 Dhalsim BP70000over Bprank4or5 )
No. 9.nen(yun) BP35780 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 rufus , bp 130000 over)
No. 10.uryo(sakura) BP35285 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 viper bpNo1)
No. 11.banbaban(yun) BP 35651 MASTER(Maybe Master sf4 ryu)
No. 12.hatigasira san(yun) BP35518 MASTER (Grand Master sf4 only one guile yazu)
No. 13.Tackle maeda(yun) BP35517 MASTER (Yun famous 3rd player)
No. 14.momochi(makoto) BP35300 461 against 390 wins / winning percentage 84.6% (Grand Master sf4 gouki,ryu)
No. 15.chichimonda honda(vega) BP35282 MASTER
No. 16.MDR(rufus) BP35282 MASTER(Grand Master sf4 rufus bpNo2)
No. 17.-6(gouki) BP35253 MASTER(Grand Master sf4 gouki)
No. 18.sin Aojiru guile (feilong) BP35248 MASTER 737 against 586 wins / winning percentage 79.51%(Grand Master sf4 viper is dashio)
No. 19.amiyu(gen) BP35222 MASTER
No. 20.jimii(blanca) BP35222 MASTER

Not that there's a ton of difference.

vg260

Enk said:
It's about time this popped up on Games on Demand. Now I can finally retire my disc.

I have been anxiously awaiting this, but I was expecting some sort of greatest hits pricing. $39.99 is ridiculous when this is clearanced out all over the place. 19.99 at Target, $16 at Amazon, etc. At the very least it should be the current "going price, which seems to be $29.99 going by Gamestop.

They could sell a whole ton more of these games on demand for people who want to drop their disc, but original MSRP by the time these come out is ridiculous.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
Jesus. I know it's still early (hell, we don't even know if the entire playable roster is available yet) but this looks there is less variety than SF4/SSF4.
Maybe it's just me :/
Vanilla rankings were basically a dozen Sagats with a smattering of Ryu, Akuma, and Rufus, iirc.

didn't that Nemo guy move from chun to yang?

looks like its working out for him.

DryEyeRelief said:

his english is not that bad imo.

But careful , If you push Zangi into corner , you CAN NOT let him throw you (even 360) , because you don’t have Quick Stand Up anymore , and it will make you self into corner .

Xenon must be proud :lol

glad to see he's gonna do his thing to keep improving his main.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
2&2 said:
I have been anxiously awaiting this, but I was expecting some sort of greatest hits pricing. $39.99 is ridiculous when this is clearanced out all over the place. 19.99 at Target, $16 at Amazon, etc. At the very least it should be the current "going price, which seems to be $29.99 going by Gamestop.

They could sell a whole ton more of these games on demand for people who want to drop their disc, but original MSRP by the time these come out is ridiculous.

And yet, it's still so tempting. :lol But I'm going to wait for them to drop the price.

Lost Fragment said:
Accidentally posted the older one. Whoops. This is the one I meant to post.

Not that there's a ton of difference.
13 different characters in the top 20. Good variety. Uryo's Sakura must be sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom