• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Damn, with a 90% win percentage I'm really looking forward to some Michael Tan AE footage, he's gotta be doing something well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
schennmu said:
After having spent more time on LIVE I have to revert my initial statement on LIVE vs PSN.

PSN IS FUCKING ASS. AND FILLED WITH DP MASHING JUMP SCRUBS.

No going back.

Nothing to mention the damn turtles. PSN somehow even manages to make turtles out of pure rushdown characters.

I'm tired of playing Guile and turtling Bison. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Neutral jumping RH doesn't hit neutral standing Honda.

ferb.gif

-PXG- said:

The Yun and Yang wars.

Wow, there was a lot of crazy in that video (despite him playing the same two opponents).

That super combo did insane damage.

And now we're using FADC, standing forward to create mixups or to combo into ultra (for the full animation).

He also has a sick combo with the roll kick.

Yang seems, with the teleport, super and mantis strikes, seems like a mix-up character while Yun is the combo monster.

zlatko

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
The Yun and Yang wars.

Wow, there was a lot of crazy in that video (despite him playing the same two opponents).

That super combo did insane damage.

And now we're using FADC, standing forward to create mixups or to combo into ultra (for the full animation).

He also has a sick combo with the roll kick.

Yang seems, with the teleport, super and mantis strikes, seems like a mix-up character while Yun is the combo monster.

Mmmm they both have mix ups/pressure games. Yang is a lot like Fei Long with his mantis slashes being similar to rekkas. Dive kick sets up mix ups and do pressure, but from what I read Yun is better at it.

Juicebox did a giant write up over on SRK.com about both the twins. Worth taking a look at if you are interested in playing either or just want some good info on what to expect when you face off against them.

USD

_dementia said:
Wow, that actually did a lot of damage. Surprised scaling didn't wreak havok on it.
His first hit was with the Super though, so he didn't have to prior scaling. Plus he throws in an overhead reset mid-combo. ~525 damage using only about 55% of the time limit is still incredibly nasty.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Doesn't Yun have low health anyway. Let's see that done on the big boys like Zangief. Either way, both of them are going to be incredible annoying to play against in the right hands and yet at the same time looks to be fun to use.

N4Us

I was in an endless with some friends watching Juri vs Cammy, and at one point the Cammy player accidently taunted when Juri did EX spin, and it didn't hit Cammy at all. Juri was flat next to her too.

Forgot which taunt it was but it made me laugh.

Kadey said:
Nothing to mention the damn turtles. PSN somehow even manages to make turtles out of pure rushdown characters.

I'm tired of playing Guile and turtling Bison. :lol

Ok I gotta agree with this. Nothing is worse then playing a runaway Rufus or Viper. Offense is there main tool, and yet the match starts with these guys moving back and waiting for me to attack most of the game whether they're winning or not.

-PXG-

I haven't even touched PSN since playing on XBL. It's a world of difference. Better connection and the competition is far more vast, varied fun and apparently, more enjoyable.

EDIT

Now I'm no expert, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the alleged reset in Yang's Seiei Enbu is automatic and a result of the barrage of attacks from the shadows. It doesn't appear the player really has to do anything. As long as Yang keeps on attacking, the reset is guaranteed. Plus, as _dementia mentioned, it (seemingly) disregards damage scaling.

Sure, there are a lot of variables, and Yun has relatively low health, but how it appears right now, it's really strong. I want to see this same combo used again, against other characters, especially those with more HP.

-PXG-

I got 0.217

...Then again, I'm still waking up :lol

Hopefully the dots appear at random intervals and don't have a set time, or else it would be too easy.

I got 0.416... most of my reaction times were around 0.220 but I got a 1 second in one of my attempts. The salty run back got me 0.226.

So when is Spooky going to do those poverty streams with Min playing random games? I miss those.

-PXG- said:
Now I'm no expert, but I have a sneaky suspicion that the alleged reset in Yang's Seiei Enbu is automatic and a result of the barrage of attacks from the shadows. It doesn't appear the player really has to do anything. As long as Yang keeps on attacking, the reset is guaranteed. Plus, as _dementia mentioned, it (seemingly) disregards damage scaling.
What you're describing is a combo. Resets mean hitstun ends and a new combo or attack is performed free of scaling but the damage is not guaranteed. In the video, Yun gets tagged by a 12-hit combo, and then resetted into a 7-hit one because he didn't block the axe kick standing. I didn't notice this the first time.

Been a while since I played but started getting into SSF4 again. Ranked up my Ryu to B and landed a crossup tatsu x super in a match, which I never do. Noobish I know but I was so pumped.

fuck yea.jpg

hitsugi

LakeEarth said:
That big yellow dot was always my fastest time. It's kinda like how its easier to react to an EX move from across the screen.

hm.. the big yellow dot is always my slowest time x.x I still average under 2 with a little practice though

Duelist

I finally took the time to relearn all of the Ibuki links I knew using double-tapping. So worth it, and dem links be crispy now. :D

zlatko

Banned

The test is a little weird. Anytime the yellow flash takes longer to happen I do worse, but the closer the intervals the better my reaction is.

USD

I'm loving the Gootecks strut, feeling himself a bit too much, forgot he was supposed to be dancing. :lol

And nothing needs to be said about Mike Ross. :lol

Who is the most racist character in Street Fighter? My vote's Rose.

She absorbs fireballs and it makes her stronger, right? Think about it.

She's a gypsy whose move set involves stealing things.

Plus, nothing she says ever makes any sense.

Why, because he's a short mexican wrestler? There's like nothing racist about him. He lives in mexico so he cooks mexican food. His hairstyle isn't even stereotypical.

He's just your average jumping bean.

_dementia said:
Blanka IMO.

Hawk and Sim are up there.

Blanks? That don't make no sense. Nothing about him screams Brazil.

Hawk is up there, but sim's a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom