• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
stabicron7 said:
Don't think its just that, any dread kick can be U1 punished on block I believe. Not sure about his other stuff but guessing probably.
Oh sure, you can actually punish a bunch of stuff with Chun's U1, but making people be extremely wary of throwing fireballs helps her game so much even if you never actually land the thing.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
So true. I facepalm whenever a chun picks U2 vs DeeJay. That ultra alone tips the scales so heavily in her favor, whenever a chun picks U2 i assume they don't know the matchup at all.

but hey you feel like a badass when you can c.short into ex legs into U2.

I am still trying to determine what Ultra is best for matchups. Lately I am going Ultra 1 for shotos, obviously Honda, Balrog and Blanka. Against DJ I just can't see her hitting him after fireballs. It's just too fast or if an EX Version the one behind will hit him. I do need so check some frame data to see where she has advantage, but I guess DJ is one of those cases where either one can work out. I still can't find how U1 is better against DJ, but I only have you as a valid matchup experience =P.

Threi

notag
stabicron7 said:
Don't think its just that, any dread kick can be U1 punished on block I believe. Not sure about his other stuff but guessing probably.
technically* anything that isn't a jab, short, or strong :p

*as if anyone has reactions that fast....only all his specials can realistically be punished.

i mean not to complain or anything...could be worse, I could have bison's poor specials.

SmokeMaxX

Threi said:
technically* anything that isn't a jab, short, or strong :p

*as if anyone has reactions that fast....only all his specials can realistically be punished.

i mean not to complain or anything...could be worse, I could have bison's poor specials.
Psssh. I play all the charge characters and Super DeeJay has some horrible special moves. And don't get me started on his U1. But anyway, you guys are blowing what I said out of proportion. Bison has good specials. They're just not as godlike as people try to make them out to be. Bison's top tier, but he has legitimate weaknesses too. Guile's bad enough for Bison to get in on, but at least once he knocks Guile down, he can keep the pressure up pretty easily. Not so with Honda.

Axis

Relix said:
I am still trying to determine what Ultra is best for matchups. Lately I am going Ultra 1 for shotos, obviously Honda, Balrog and Blanka. Against DJ I just can't see her hitting him after fireballs. It's just too fast or if an EX Version the one behind will hit him. I do need so check some frame data to see where she has advantage, but I guess DJ is one of those cases where either one can work out. I still can't find how U1 is better against DJ, but I only have you as a valid matchup experience =P.

ultra 1 against deejay without a doubt...dash ultra can punish every fireball he can throw from any range. good reads will lead to you landing u1 way more than you expect to...even if not j.fp target combo->u1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ex legs->u2

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TC.FP > Ultra 1 is hawt.

I vastly prefer U1 to be honest =P

To this day I still have issues punishing blocked Blanka balls. I know I have to Dash Ultra but it truly is a mixed bag. Sometimes yes, sometimes nop.

SmokeMaxX

Relix said:
TC.FP > Ultra 1 is hawt.

I vastly prefer U1 to be honest =P

To this day I still have issues punishing blocked Blanka balls. I know I have to Dash Ultra but it truly is a mixed bag. Sometimes yes, sometimes nop.
I don't think you HAVE to dash Ultra. We have a Chun here that punishes it without dashing I believe. I think you just have to get the timing down though. Activate it right before he hits the ground so that it'll punish him in his ground recovery and now throw him out of the Ultra.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
SmokeMaxX said:
I don't think you HAVE to dash Ultra. We have a Chun here that punishes it without dashing I believe. I think you just have to get the timing down though. Activate it right before he hits the ground so that it'll punish him in his ground recovery and now throw him out of the Ultra.

Really? They usually block it. I activate it quickly after blockstun and still no go. They always block. I've caught a few with the Dash Ultra though.

Now... U1'ing Balrogs is a great feeling =P

SmokeMaxX

Relix said:
Really? They usually block it. I activate it quickly after blockstun and still no go. They always block. I've caught a few with the Dash Ultra though.

Now... U1'ing Balrogs is a great feeling =P
From the Chun board on SRK:
After blocked balls, you can close with walk up strong punch, or if you have it, Hosenka, which is automatic after a dash or requires timing if you're not confident in the dash ultra.

EDIT: Blanka board claims you can Ultra Blanka balls even on HIT, but I don't know the conditions of that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn, Valle is so good looking it's not even funny.

N4Us

I remember that from the stream, JSMaster was heckling FChamp a lot during his match against ChiRithy and Champ flipped him off after he won a match.

DryEyeRelief said:
66slc.png

USD

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/01/18_3002.html

RYU
About cr.MK's hitbox
-Active frames reduced by 2, from 5F to 3F, hittable box is larger
-Total frames also reduced, from 23F to 21F, so you can stick out the move at a higher rate, but because the hurt box is exposed at the front, you have to be cautious

CAMMY
About Cannon Strike's height restriction
-During the rise of the jump, you can CS after passing around the 6th line on the Training Stage wall (after the 9th airborne frame)
-During fall, can CS while above the 3rd line (27F)

C. VIPER
About Burning Dance's (UC2) hitbox
-In Super, the hitbox was at the tip of the foot and only marginally larger than the hurtbox
-In AE, the hitbox is multiple times larger, making it easier to use in combos, as an air-to-air, etc.

GUY
About Guy's normals
-st.LP's hitbox is extended upward, and the hittable box is significantly reduced, making it rather good for a light normal
-Far st.MP is extended at the fist, making it easier to use as a quick poke. Coupled with the lowered hitbox for st.HP, you can land the Target Combo from a farther distance

BALROG
About Buffalo Head's damage change
-All headbutts now do 100 damage
-cr.LPx2 → cr.LK → HP Headbutt now does 134 damage (down from 162), 299 damage with Violent Buffalo (UC1) added to the end

Next is Ken, Vega, Rufus, Fei Long, Juri and Dhalsim.

TimeKillr

N4Us said:
I remember that from the stream, JSMaster was heckling FChamp a lot during his match against ChiRithy and Champ flipped him off after he won a match.

Pretty much what was happening.

Trash talk is very, VERY common here (especially in Montreal) and JS started doing what we do to each other all the time. :)

Chi-Rithy is a super nice guy and doesn't really do it much outside of with friends and stuff.

He's also too good for me - in about 3 months, I think I won like... 3 rounds against him? Crazy shit. :)

USD said:
BALROG
-cr.LPx2 → cr.LK → HP Headbutt now does 134 damage (down from 162), 299 damage with Violent Buffalo (UC1) added to the end

bleh. I don't agree with this change.

def sim

Threi said:
le sigh my A tier character sucks balls whatever will i do

For real, I don't understand emo Bison's at all. "Boo hoo why can I have 6 options on wake up and have incredibly long range and safe burst damage from normals. Woe is me."

Wallach

eissan said:
Does this work for and agaisnt him? meaning he can reach further but he is more exposed?

Just plain ol' nerf. His hittable box means the area which he can be struck while actually performing cMK.

def sim

eissan said:
Does this work for and agaisnt him? meaning he can reach further but he is more exposed?

Against. He can't reach further, only easier to be counterpoked by say, Giefs st.short buffered into GH.

entremet

USD said:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/01/18_3002.html

RYU
About cr.MK's hitbox
-Active frames reduced by 2, from 5F to 3F, hittable box is larger
-Total frames also reduced, from 23F to 21F, so you can stick out the move at a higher rate, but because the hurt box is exposed at the front, you have to be cautious

CAMMY
About Cannon Strike's height restriction
-During the rise of the jump, you can CS after passing around the 6th line on the Training Stage wall (after the 9th airborne frame)
-During fall, can CS while above the 3rd line (27F)

C. VIPER
About Burning Dance's (UC2) hitbox
-In Super, the hitbox was at the tip of the foot and only marginally larger than the hurtbox
-In AE, the hitbox is multiple times larger, making it easier to use in combos, as an air-to-air, etc.

GUY
About Guy's normals
-st.LP's hitbox is extended upward, and the hittable box is significantly reduced, making it rather good for a light normal
-Far st.MP is extended at the fist, making it easier to use as a quick poke. Coupled with the lowered hitbox for st.HP, you can land the Target Combo from a farther distance

BALROG

Next is Ken, Vega, Rufus, Fei Long, Juri and Dhalsim.
I'm confused. Didn't Capcom already release all their AE changes?

USD

entrement said:
I'm confused. Didn't Capcom already release all their AE changes?
Yes, but now they're going with more detailed breakdowns of certain moves, with images showing the changes.

gutabo

rance said:
For real, I don't understand emo Bison's at all. "Boo hoo why can I have 6 options on wake up and have incredibly long range and safe burst damage from normals. Woe is me."
Yeah, and even complaining about honda's butt slam... that move is such a punish magnet. Biggest LOL at "I can't apply pressure to XXXXX", from a Bison player. SMH.

By the way a big hug to everyone, I'm kinda just lurking now since real life has a grip on me nowadays :(

Grifter

oh, I recognize that js dude from a tourney. i got destroyed into loser's by his butt-buddy and came back to play that dude again for fourth place, adjusted my game, and won in one of my most closest and bitter-inducing matches. next for me was js in the loser's final (after their team huddle break) and i lost in what felt like a very winnable game, i recall his timing was pretty sick tho. that was a while ago so i'm sure he'd throttle me now.

that came back to me cuz my friends got a running joke out of it. between my and js' matches, he was snapping his fingers at his gf for her to get him water. we mock that to this day.

vulva

chun player here who can't dash ultra 1 worth anything.

That said, blanka balls are incredibly easy to punish with ultra 1. I can punish them 90% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom