• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just playin a ken that did a wake up ultra 1 and i punished with sagats ultra 2 but when ken was recovering from the u1 he ducked for a second and dodged my ultra 2 wtf?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Is any of the WCW3 stuff archived yet? Checked the Ustream for IPW but didn't see anything. Anxious to check out the Clock v Neo matches D:

USD

LeMaximilian said:
Is any of the WCW3 stuff archived yet? Checked the Ustream for IPW but didn't see anything. Anxious to check out the Clock v Neo matches D:
Day 1 and 2 were streamed on Justin.tv, so you can find footage of that here:

http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/videos

But as for the Day 3 stuff (Clockw0rk VS Neo, Finals for SSFIV Singles and Teams), there is no full archive, and nothing has been uploaded to YouTube yet.

Naar

Hey guys how can I get Seth Killians contact info for interviews and such?

I looked everywhere and couldn't find it :(

Thanks for any help I can get!!

Naar

OK thanks

I saw it earlier but wasn't sure if anybody could PM him or certain people after having been there a while.

I'll try it I guess

STG

Naar said:
OK thanks

I saw it earlier but wasn't sure if anybody could PM him or certain people after having been there a while.

I'll try it I guess

or maybe markman can help, as far as I know he is kinda like the paris hilton of fighting games, he is everywhere and knows everyone

Naar said:
Hey guys how can I get Seth Killians contact info for interviews and such?

I looked everywhere and couldn't find it :(

Thanks for any help I can get!!

Not sure how he is post SFIV, but he was kind enough to do an interview for a school assignment. So was Markman and DJ Haunts.

I even managed to speak to David Sirlin. And it was right before HD Remix dropped, and it seemed like there was tension with him and Backbone. And Bam, it comes out that he left that company.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
STG said:
or maybe markman can help, as far as I know he is kinda like the paris hilton of fighting games, he is everywhere and knows everyone

Never sully the good name of MarkMan by comparing him with that skank Paris Hilton!

MarkMan is like the Monica Bellucci of the fighting game community. Naturally gorgeous, fantastic hair, a great rack (of sticks) and only gets better with age.

Naar

Excuse my ignorance but who is markman and DJ haunts?

Players or part of Capcom?

I need someone who is part of Capcom because I am trying to do a huge event for Street Fighter and wanted their input.

Naar said:
Excuse my ignorance but who is markman and DJ haunts?

Players or part of Capcom?

I need someone who is part of Capcom because I am trying to do a huge event for Street Fighter and wanted their input.

DJ Haunts, braaaaap, braaaaaaap, braaaaap. I dub thee an honorary ninja in this ethnic soup we call the fighting game community.

Haunts is the creator of Iplaywinner. His site is an aggregate website for fighting game news. He also hosts streams for fighting-game tournaments and events, like North California Regionals, Keystone Light, Hadocan, West Coast Warzone 2, the Super Street Fighter IV preview, Haunts vs. the World, etc. He's also a Makoto player in TS and AE (Sagat player in Vanilla). He also posts here.

Markman, aka Mark Julia, works at Madcatz and is the creator of the Madcatz Arcade Stick TE, SE, TE S, etc. He is also a Tekken player and the creator of SDTekken. He's also a single dad and has a very adorable daughter. He's definitely a nice guy.

I had Seth's e-mail, but you can hit him up at Capcom Unity. In fact, don't bother contacting Capcom's marketing/public relations. Definitely go through Capcom Unity. N3ss used to work there, maybe he can help with getting a buzz over there. But if it's just a tournament or what not, it might be a tough sell. An event like CES, E3, Tokyo Game Show, etc would probably easily garner their attention. Good luck.

And if you needed coverage. IPW would be great for getting the word out. Markman might be able to sell or promote his wares.

haunts said:
since yall are fiending for a track list this is everything i can remember

Puts my guns up in the air. Ninja salute.

BTW, saw your article on IPW about WCW. Yo, did you see all of the events you've streamed since 2009. You don't owe anyone an explanation. You gave your apology, keep it moving. Providing streaming services for major west coast events and a useful website means you've paid your dues.

All those willy nillies should donate instead of giving their five cents about this or that. Braaaaaaaaap, Braaaaaaaaap.

Yes. S-kill was his fighting game community name.

Evo 2K10 results in MVC2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 — Top 8
1. EG Justin Wong
2. EMP Santhrax
3. Clockw0rk
4. EMP Yipes
5. Neo

SoCal Regionals:

Marvel vs Capcom 2
1st - EG Justin Wong (Strider, Doom, Sentinel, Storm, Cyclops)
2nd - Archiles (Cammy, Cable, Sentinel) [Playing on 6-face-button Dreamcast Pad]
3rd - Chunkstah (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, Commando)
4th - Neo (Sentinel, Storm, Cyclops, Commando)

SB5:

1. IFC.Yipes (Magneto, Storm, Psylocke)
2. Chris Schmidt (Magneto, Storm, Psylocke)
3. EMP.Xecutioner (Storm, Sentinel, Captain Commando)
4. Neo (Sentinel, Storm, Captain Commando)
5. Demon Hyo (Magneto, Storm, Psylocke)
5. Harry Potter (Cable, Sentinel, Captain Commando)
7. EMP.Sanford Kelly (Storm, Sentinel, Captain Commando)
7. EG.Justin Wong (Storm, Sentinel, Cyclops, Psylocke)

Neo is placing high but it looks like the old heads still dominate in the game, despite maining Super SF IV and whatever else.

MVC3 is going to be hype.

entremet

S-Kill just mentioned that SSFIV3D is frame accurate, online play across regions, all costumes unlocked, same game code as PS360 versions, etc.

entrement said:
S-Kill just mentioned that SSFIV3D is frame accurate, online play across regions, all costumes unlocked, same game code as PS360 versions, etc.
Impressive, but it's a shame they aren't carrying over the AE revisions.
Considering how handheld-centric Japan is though, they probably don't want to cut into arcade profits.

Degen

Ono at the Nintendo conference:

"I would now like to talk about the Virtual Boy 2, err, Nintendo 3DS."

stay free, rest of the world

BotoxAgent said:
looking forward to SSFIV 3ds...but I can't play on pad. How do pad players set up their face buttons?
Code:
  MP
LP  MK
  LK

Whenever I'm playing on a pad with only four face buttons I use the triggers for HP and HK
so the default

thanks, I guess those are the most logically way of mapping them out

but pianoing and plinking must feel really or awkward then (or they don't do it at all?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom