• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

Bob White said:
I agree....this shit is getting stupid. It's like they're doing the same shit that turned people off of SF all over again. Tons of fighters on the way....throwing in "evil" characters again. I'm all for hype, but this shit looks like some fanboy naruto shit. Hey, capcom, I'd LOVE a different variation of C Viper. Why should shoto fans be able to have all these different versions of their favorite play style? Throw some other fucking styles a bone.

Fuck it. MVC3 will kill sf4 and hopefully SF vs Tekken will bury it. That's how turned off I am to the mindset of adding these two fucking characters. OK, I'll go cry moar somewhere else.
Loooool

MIMIC

Banned
esbern said:
wheres this mike ross interview about the new shotos? was it on the stream? could somebody sum it up a bit?

I saw most of it. Of what I remember, he said that they suck and are in no way, shape or form top tier (and that the twins, Dhalsim, Makoto and Fei Long are all the best of the bunch). But said that its early and will soon be "figured out". And he wants an Evil Honda.

Then some guy with flip flops came on and I turned it off =p

Clakey D was in the interview too. He said Oni and Evil were fun characters but they weren't going to mess with the top tier Makoto, Yun, Yang, Zangief, etc.

MIMIC said:
I saw most of it. Of what I remember, he said that they suck and are in no way, shape or form top tier (and that the twins, Dhalsim, Makoto and Fei Long are all the best of the bunch). But said that its early and will soon be "figured out". And he wants an Evil Honda.

Then some guy with flip flops came on and I turned it off =p

What?

Dascu

Spiderjericho said:
Clakey D was in the interview too. He said Oni and Evil were fun characters but they weren't going to mess with the top tier Makoto, Yun, Yang, Zangief, etc.
Wait, what did I miss here? Makoto is top tier in AE?

USD

http://tokidoki77.blog138.fc2.com/blog-entry-36.html

The words of KSK from 12 years ago, masterfully translated by Tokido:

KSK said:
All I need is winning. I don't do attractive match, If someone ask me to do, I can not do it.
I use strong move first of all, I try even infinite combo when I have a chance
because I don't want to excuse. I don't want to think that I would win if I did it.

"cheap" "boring" "cowards" " bad stick" "out of condition"
These are taboos for me. These are just excuse when I lose.
This is just words which just make a rule for opponent, then I criticize him who doesn't obey it.
"Game is Game with a rule" hence We don't need to make extra rule.
If I do anything, it is OK. I'm free in the rule.
If you are frustrated as a loser, do anything for win.
If I was criticized by anyone, I am happy instead.

Someone says "if I lost the match, it is OK that we had a good game."
I don't understand what they say.
I'm wonder if they had a hundred of lose streak, they stick to their opinion?
Don't they matter the fact that they lost 100 match, if they had a good game?
I don't understand completely what for they are still alive.
What means of "Good game" in the first place?

I don't say I'm not strong, because if I say so, it means insulting the player defeated by me.
Moreover there are no logic and philosophy if I fight with the thinking that I'm weak.
I don't want excuse. if I won with the thinking, just insulting for opponent.

Check the link for some 2nd Impact action.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, a fireball Ultra that can also be done in the air, AND a Raging Demon that can be used on the ground and in the air? Sick. Nasty even.

Even though I didn't really end up playing my Street Fighter ever, Ryu, in SF4/SSF4 that much, I really want to try out Evil Ryu - he certainly doesn't look broken, plus he takes ridiculous damage, but I'd like to put him to play.

USD said:

I was watching the stream. Whoever was the more nerdier of the commentators was stating how much he disliked SFIV (while his partner was on the phone telling his girlfriend why he doesn't like it).

I can understand the argument about the animations.

But I was in the middle for the ultra argument. How can you complain about ultras, where in ST you were guaranteed to have a super every round (sometimes two).

And don't get me started on whiff fighter three. At a low level it's fun, but when the two players introduce parries, it becomes parries/guessing game and whiffing moves to build a super death move (Chun, Ken or Yun super).

I'm glad MVC3 is coming out, so all of the buzz kills can have another game to complain about while all of the SFIV fans can still sit back and enjoy AE/Super (though MVC3 is going to be great).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Spiderjericho said:
And don't get me started on whiff fighter three. At a low level it's fun, but when the two players introduce parries, it becomes parries/guessing game and whiffing moves to build a super death move (Chun, Ken or Yun super).

You mean what Yun/Yang reintroduced in AE? Whiffing Palms to build fast meter for Supers?

3rd Strike continues to have a great community (especially in Japan with RanBats going on all the time after all these years) 11+ years after its release. MvC 2 for 10. I think we could all safely say that SSF4 will be lucky to enjoy it for half that (Personally, I think Capcom will mistakenly release SF5 as a last gasp of this gen then will go into fighter hibernation again).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
God's Beard said:
Nah, SF5 for second year of next gen.

Remember. This gen is supposed to last until 2013 or some shit. You think Capcom will sit on SF until 2015? Of course, they are flooding the market with the help of Namco with vs. Tekken shit...

USD

Kaako said:
Damn, Oni and E.Ryu look crazy.

New Excellent Adventures up btw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LyKEJVGH4g&hd=1
The sexual tension is delicious.

flashmetroid2no6u.gif

NinajHeartless said:
Another fantastic episode ^_^

Also, a great Crosscounter. Peter was trolling hard on that episode.

And Kintaro, TS was not regarded highly when it was released. It wasn't until a few years later.

But fighting games seem to be a decent niche right now, so Capcom will release SF X Tekken, CVS3, Darkstalkers or whatever.

And technically, ST is the longest reigning fighting game in the community.

kitzkozan

God's Beard said:
I honestly don't even think Justin likes playing SSF4 that much. He seems way excited for Marvel, though.

Yeah,this is quite obvious. :p

It pretty much confirm that he was saying that the game is ass in that tournament in philly.

He's far from the only one not liking SSFIV or even IV in general and it will easily be proven when MvC3 is released and quickly become the main event FG in the US for the next 4-5 years?

Not only that,I honestly think MvC 3 already look like the better game.Not a big fan of the versus serie,but I have to agree with Haunt when he say that it DOES look like the 2.5D game closest to the old school ones (and the numerous combo options/flexible game engine will give it more longevity than IV as well).

When you have a fighting game with the deepest player base EVER then of course you'll have people that don't like the game. But it goes without saying that they like competition so of course they'll play the game. It just goes without saying that when you have that many players, then for sure not everyone will like the game. It's not even a comment on the quality of the game, it's just numbers. Regardless though, I can 100% guarantee Wong does not hate sf4, he actually enjoys the game a lot.

But yeah, MvC2 was justins first love, why WOULDN'T he be super excited for 3?

_dementia said:
What does SFII have to do with this? :p

Haha, sf2 competitive scene (with regards to both numbers and talent pool) doesn't even come close to 4's :p Not only were there less players, but the knowledge of the game was small and lack of free flowing information meant the level of play back then was extremely low, which is why there were very few top players.

KS Seven X said:
I don't get why people use Justin Wong's words as an example of IV < 3s. Daigo is the opposite and prefers IV > 3s.

I don't think peeps are using wongs words to back that particular argument up. Wong likes IV way more than 3 though. Almost every single CvS2 player likes 4 way more than 3 as well. Choi/Ricky/Buk all hate 3s with a passion.

FindMyFarms said:
I don't think peeps are using wongs words to back that particular argument up. Wong likes IV way more than 3 though. Almost every single CvS2 player likes 4 way more than 3 as well. Choi/Ricky/Buk all hate 3s with a passion.

That explains why Art hates 3s as well.

FindMyFarms said:
Haha, sf2 competitive scene (with regards to both numbers and talent pool) doesn't even come close to 4's :p Not only were there less players, but the knowledge of the game was small and lack of free flowing information meant the level of play back then was extremely low, which is why there were very few top players.
But you said player base.

Mr Jared said:
Haunts and I are appearing on Destructoid today at 1PM PST to play the Street Fighting game. Now I gotta go pick that bum up :D

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-iplaywinner-playing-super-street-fighter-iv-192190.phtml
Turquoise Jeep music videos on the stream right now. Too godlike.

rocK`

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
are they any good?

Yes, they are good. They aren't great, but I can see them sitting at mid tier, definitely higher than DeeJay, new Abel, etc.

eissan said:
would I main evil ryu if I main ryu right now?

Nah, two different play styles. If you mained Akuma, chances are you might look into Ryu (cuz of the easier to hit ultras).

rocK` said:
If you mained Akuma, chances are you might look into Ryu (cuz of the easier to hit ultras).
But his mixup game is way weaker than Akuma's thanks to no demon flip. no air Tastu -> sweep for untech knockdown either.

kitzkozan

KS Seven X said:
That explains why Art hates 3s as well.

A lot of top player hate 3rd strike,it's simply a love or hate game.If every top player were to speak out about their favorite/most hated SF,I am 100% sure that 3rd strike would be the top 3 as most hated and also top 3 most loved.

You can dislike IV,but hate 3s even more. :p I don't think Daigo is a fan of IV,but he made it clear in past interviews that he couldn't stand 3rd strike.

Probably the case in the case of Wong,but it's just normal that he would be far more hyped for MvC3 at this point since it's his favorite kind of FG just like Art lost motivation for IV now that arcana heart 3 has been released in Japan. ;)

Find, I love you, but I'll disagree as far as player base. The quality of the player base and the information available for new players to get acclimated today is much better than yesterday (that's a durp).

But SFII is probably one of the greatest multi-player games of all time. If you're talking about arcade presence, it was #1 in every country (lost favor in the U.S. when MK II came out, not sure about Japan or other countries). The home game sold more than 6 million copies (more than IV). The game was a phenomenon.

Not to take anything away from IV, but it was like a favorite cousin you didn't see in awhile.

I do agree about these top players remaining competitive at whatever is relevant at the time. Some didn't like IV but continued to play it. I'm sure MVC2 heads will not like certain aspects of MVC3.

Threi

notag
rocK` said:
Yes, they are good. They aren't great, but I can see them sitting at mid tier, definitely higher than DeeJay, new Abel, etc.
I thought AE DeeJay was pretty decent, considering he got so many buffs :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom