• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

Ryn

Definitely good matches tonight. Got my ass handed to me but I won a *couple* matches.

Chora: I got an issue with your Balrog that needs settled haha.

Gyrian

Kadey said:
Who wants to play now PSN?

Sent you an invite to the chat; if one of us is on, there's usually an Endless Battle set up. :]

itsnervedamage said:
Is there a scrub chat I could get an invite to?

PSN is itsnervedamage

Sent you a friend request, chat invite is next when you accept!

Chorazin

Ryn said:
Definitely good matches tonight. Got my ass handed to me but I won a *couple* matches.

Chora: I got an issue with your Balrog that needs settled haha.
I should be on Thursday night for sure, maaaaybe tomorrow night but 3D Dot Game Heroes is calling me!

Tonza

I should be done with this game for now but I think I'll be drawn to play it again soon.

Playing the game is like I enjoy punishing myself. :lol
20+ hours and over a week and still I lose 95% of the matches. Kinda losing hope here.

Gyrian said:
Sent you an invite to the chat; if one of us is on, there's usually an Endless Battle set up. :]

Sent you a friend request, chat invite is next when you accept!

Thanks for the invite!
I'm gonna try to be on after work tonight.

Drame

All right fellow PS3 scrubs.

I'll be leaving on a work trip tomorrow so I'll need someone to handle the chat invites before my return on monday.

Any volunteers?

Drame said:

I'll be leaving on a work trip tomorrow so I'll need someone to handle the chat invites before my return on monday.

Any volunteers?

PM what I need to do and I can take care of it.

Gyrian

Tonza said:
I should be done with this game for now but I think I'll be drawn to play it again soon.

Playing the game is like I enjoy punishing myself. :lol
20+ hours and over a week and still I lose 95% of the matches. Kinda losing hope here.

Don't despair yet.

Stay with one favorite character and learn as much as you can. It will pay off over time.
Just this past weekend I was starting to think I'd never pick up on Dudley.

Also, if you join in at the chat room, you will start picking up on our individual play styles, which goes a long way in taking you to victory.
For me, this is one of my major downfalls playing Ranked games. I start 'getting' my opponent by the time the fight is all but over, never to see them again. It's amazing how many Ranked players depend on a couple of gimmicks that they will execute over and over regardless of their opponent's character and actions.

Drame said:

Any volunteers?

I've been sending a few invites, when I cross this topic at the right moment.
Looking forward to see your Hakan upon your return. :]

Doorman

Gyrian said:
Don't despair yet.

Stay with one favorite character and learn as much as you can. It will pay off over time.
Just this past weekend I was starting to think I'd never pick up on Dudley.
Funny, I was under a very different impression when I hopped in on Monday... :p

I understand that it takes time, so the hardest part to me for now is just figuring out who I actually want to focus on. I'm so inexperienced with fighters in general that I don't have a favored "play style" to work out, so it's hard to tell if I suck with a character just due to lack of skill or if they're a mismatch for how I want to dictate a match. I guess learning those differences will also come in time.

Anyway, I'll probably be around tonight for more punishment. Slowly whittling down the characters I'm using to try and establish a couple of mains, so we'll see how it goes.

Gyrian

Doorman said:
Funny, I was under a very different impression when I hopped in on Monday... :p

I understand that it takes time, so the hardest part to me for now is just figuring out who I actually want to focus on. I'm so inexperienced with fighters in general that I don't have a favored "play style" to work out, so it's hard to tell if I suck with a character just due to lack of skill or if they're a mismatch for how I want to dictate a match. I guess learning those differences will also come in time.

Anyway, I'll probably be around tonight for more punishment. Slowly whittling down the characters I'm using to try and establish a couple of mains, so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, I don't think we risk Monday repeating itself any time soon. :s

You missed last night, where a non-scrub Vega ran an even longer streak on 3 of us.
Meph finally ended up breaking him with Adon. I despise his jumping claw move; match after match I just could not find a way to punish it, or just plain dodge it reliably.

Anyway, I'd suggest picking two characters at most (preferably one), and sticking with them.
Spend time in Training mode. Besides helping improve your execution, it's very handy to figure out how your character can break specific moves that your opponents rely on. Trying to figure this out in a real fight can leave you dead quickly, as we found out last night.

Doorman

Good games tonight, Gyrian, Alba, Evil. I feel incrementally better even if I only managed two wins all night.

I know that most people recommend sticking with a single main, but I feel like that might kill my spirit a little too much. :D I'm thinking I might approach this like I did TvC, where I formed three teams to center my focus around, tweaking them if necessary. The question to me for now is which three fighters to go with, as I have some characters I like to use, but I'm not sure they necessarily match my play style. That third spot is really the big question mark right now.

PSN Friend me (itsnervedamage) with GAF in the subject and I'll send you the chat room invite.

I'll check my inbox after I get back from work tomorrow...which is around 6 or 7 EST.

Edgeward

Alright scrub gaf, I'll be on 7:30 til 9 PST. Let's get a good room going cause Cammy is taking the night off, and I want to learn some Balrog and I can't do that getting murdered in ranked matches.

Gyrian

Volcynika said:
So close to my 10 wins in endless!

:lol

:(

r043rm.png

alba

Little is the new Big
MASH DAT DP!

GGs everyone, did my 10 wins trophy tonight as well and started to finally get something consistent going with juri. This weekend will be hype! :D

Edgeward

What you gonna do when a round begins?
(SHORYUKEN!) (SHORYUKEN!)
What you gonna do when they block that hit?
What you gonna do when your opponent's fullscreen, spamming Tiger Shots, preventing you from proceeding?
(SHORYUKEN!)

That 10 wins was thanks to my Balrog. D=

alba

Little is the new Big
SHORYUKEN! :lol Tonight activities were brought to you by Ken Masters!

And no, I got that before you switched to Balrog :p

Chorazin

Edgeward said:
What you gonna do when a round begins?
What you gonna do when they block that hit?
What you gonna do when your opponent's fullscreen, spamming Tiger Shots, preventing you from proceeding?
(SHORYUKEN!)

That 10 wins was thanks to my Balrog. D=

I felt bad playing The Abominable Snowman last night, I was playing with my Juri trying to get some practice in and he was whipping me realy good. I switched to Pink Cowboy Ken just for laughs and did some flowchart shit and barely beat him.

Then I had to leave because my oven was beeping, which meant that my stromboli was ready to eat! :lol

Doorman

Mmmm....stromboli...

I'm definitely up for some games at some point tonight, not sure when specifically I'll be on though. I'm having a really hard time trying to decide if I should stick with Guy as my second, or maybe try to build up someone else instead. Tonight and the rest of this weekend should unfold those answers to me, I hope.

Can I get added on the list.

Wigsta78 - UK - PSN

I've already joined the Gaf text chat channel, so just need to play with some gaffers.

Currently learning with Vega.

Mike M

Nick N
Had my first ragequit today. Higher ranked Sagat player just couldn't handle the 'Rog!

On the one hand, I'm strangely flattered, on the other, I really could gave used the points : /

I'd be up for some rounds, particularly in the next couple hours.

PSN: corrosivefrost

I'm no pro... and I've been trying to learn some of the other characters (besides ryu/ken) while working to unlock all the colors.

I'm definitely scrubby with most anyone I'd pick, I'd wager. :D

Gyrian

Kadey said:

Not my finest moment, but it's moot; you were on fire today. :eek:
Your ability to turn around a fight is scary. There was one round in particular that was just incredible. I need to find that replay.

I don't even think we played the exact same matchup twice, so there were always surprises in store. Awesome fights, looking forward to the challenge when we meet again. :]

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Gyrian said:
Not my finest moment, but it's moot; you were on fire today. :eek:
Your ability to turn around a fight is scary. There was one round in particular that was just incredible. I need to find that replay.

I don't even think we played the exact same matchup twice, so there were always surprises in store. Awesome fights, looking forward to the challenge when we meet again. :]

Ah. I'm known to use a variety of characters. I'm about halfway through the roster to gauge who I like to add to my mains.

The match, I think this is the one you were talking about.

bisoncomeback.gif

Doorman

Volcynika said:
Not fighitng against Kadey confirmed!
Same here. I've still only managed to beat Gyrian like once, and if that's the competition I have to look forward to once I actually make it to that level...

Didn't play nearly as much as I thought I would this weekend, only squeaked in an hour's worth today for some trials and a quick easy arcade run. I still really suck at this whole "focusing on one or two mains" thing.

Kadey said:
The match, I think this is the one you were talking about.

[gif]
.............I should just stop playing.

Top Bottom