• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

Chorazin

I guess I need to play on PSN more with you guys. I dunno if my Balrog is scrub anymore but every other character I try and use sure is! :lol

Drame

Phew, it sure is nice to travel for free.

Time to get back into Super once again. I just hope that I still remember Hakan's moves. :lol

Doorman

Edgeward said:
Good fights last night, guys. The double ultra in the Honda/Chun match was awesome.

S.....someone else plays E. Honda? Well crap, I'm really in for it now. :lol My strategy with him is so basic that I don't expect to win any more than a couple of matches with him in this group. I really need to figure out how to get myself out of enemy rushdown situations, it's been my Achilles Heel ever since I started playing.

naib

xbox nub. might get PS3 ver soon. Have vanilla SF4 on PS3

Halfway decent with Ibuki. That's about it.
Used to play with Sim, Sakura, and Guile. Horrible at all of them.

XBL: naib
Add me! I love vodka!

edit: is there a reason there's no FoF XBL scrub list?

naib

Add naib on PSN and XBL. Y'alls GTs are too long. :p
naib.

Picking up SSF4 for PS3 when I grab RDR mañana.

Tonza

Got my octagonal gate for my TE stick today so put it in and gave the game a whirl after almost a week.

Played 2 ranked matches and won the other. (and took the other to third round)
Mind you that I have around 15% win percentage.

I was skeptic on whether the gate would make much difference but I think it does. I made much less miss inputs I think. Need to test more.

Edgeward

I'll be on from 7:30 to 9 pm PST, as I finished the Yakuza 3 and waiting on RDR. So it's fighting time, SLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAP!

Mike M said:
Gouken's new alt is also pretty awesome looking. Between the two of them, they're pretty much the best new costumes in Super.
The coolest thing is when he performs Tatsumaki Gorasen, it looks like he's pulling the brim of his hat down as he lands!

Doorman

Is there some sort of secret PSN scrub chat that I wasn't invited to or something? Seems like whenever I find the time to get on now, nobody is ever around. On one hand it gives me a chance to try and improve my rankings...but then again after just going for about 40-50 minutes and not winning a single match, this game is certainly not being very good on my confidence level right now. It's frustrating to be even unable to beat noticeably-bad players.

Edgeward

No, the chat can be quite dead at times, I just usually find 2 people on when I decide to play at night. It's certainly not as lively as it was in the first 2 weeks, but it's to be expected especially when new games are being released.

For those reading and not in the chat, send a friend request to Edgeward34 and I can take it from there. New peeps are always much appreciated, I'm just too lazy to look through the topic and type them all on my ps3 controller. =(

LosDaddie

Banned
Mike M said:
Gouken's new alt is also pretty awesome looking. Between the two of them, they're pretty much the best new costumes in Super.

Agreed. Are you going to get the new Boxer outfit when it comes out?

Edgeward said:
No, the chat can be quite dead at times, I just usually find 2 people on when I decide to play at night. It's certainly not as lively as it was in the first 2 weeks, but it's to be expected especially when new games are being released.

For those reading and not in the chat, send a friend request to Edgeward34 and I can take it from there. New peeps are always much appreciated, I'm just too lazy to look through the topic and type them all on my ps3 controller. =(

XBL scrub here, but I ended up double dipping due to the price drop. Will send you a message later tonight on PSN.

Mike M

Nick N
LosDaddie said:
Agreed. Are you going to get the new Boxer outfit when it comes out?
I'm sure I'll end up downloading it, but I'll have to see how it looks in person to see if I want to start actually using it.

Just saw info on a patch. Counter hit damage on M. Bison's (Dictator) Ultra 2 was too low.
Does that mean that when someone throws a fireball and you ultra in the middle of his fireball action, thats a counter hit?

alba

Little is the new Big
I really need to get back into playing mode and get back with you guys, logged a few days ago but nobody was there. We need Halba to come back :p

Drame

alba said:
I really need to get back into playing mode and get back with you guys, logged a few days ago but nobody was there. We need Halba to come back :p
I have been pretty busy with work for the past week, but now it's starting to look better. That means: I have actually time to play games!

I'll start inviting peeps to the Scrub Chat once again tomorrow and try to get the good old Endless fight of Scrubs going.

Doorman

I plan to be on tonight, probably in a couple of hours. The good news is, I think I've finally settled on my main team. Bad news is, I still pretty much suck with all of them and doubt my skill will be increasing any time soon. Meh, at least it's good rushdown practice for everyone else.

Vard

I wish I knew this thread existed earlier. Here's my info:

Vard - Scorch9 (PSN) - USA - Pacific

Mostly play as Sakura but hoping to experiment with other characters more often for fun.

360 Scrub here, gamertag is Slade5912. I'll be playing regularly until I get SMG2, then I'll be on randomly when I have a few minutes to kill here and there.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
pankaks - pankaksreborn (360) - USA - EST

Feel free to shoot me an invite if I'm online.

Dave1988

Got this game a few days ago and I'm a total scrub. Add me if you want some free wins.

Dave1988 - Dave1988 (PSN) - Poland - Europe

Edgeward

I'll be on tonight per usual time, 7:30- 9 pm pst, maybe playing RDR to pass time if no one else is on but be not discoruaged as I will switch to make time for my gaf scrubs.

I'll do the last couple guys a solid and add and invite you to the chat. =)

alba

Little is the new Big
We have new recruits so yeah :p Drame will get on tonight, same here let's get this party started :D

Gyrian

Dave? Biggz? Welcome, old friends! :]
I'll try to be on tonight. My recent control incident has decisively leveled me down.
I need to get back with it.

Drame said:
Tonight we shall get oily!

Drame, I met you on my very first night with Super, and I've yet to see your oil.
Looking forward to ti!

Drame

Gyrian said:
Drame, I met you on my very first night with Super, and I've yet to see your oil.
Looking forward to ti!
Hehe, I've been having a hard time finding time for games lately.

Seems that I'm just getting old.

Edgeward

Really good round of games tonight, guys! We got close to a full room goin and some nice Ibuki, C Vip and Sakura action I don't normally see.

sure beats all those Dudley's I used to see. :lol Nice Gillian Seed Avatar, Gyrian.

Good games guys, I was the one playing Ibuki. I need to pick up a cheap USB keyboard or something, using the stick to type was just lame lol.

Edgeward

Yes, do! Chat would be even better when it's not me and Gyr hogging it up all the time.

I just noticed how many of people in the OP I've never even seen in the chat or played before. :lol

Drame

I'm sorry that I didn't get to play with you guys yesterday, but I did manage to play some randoms on the ranked. I did pretty good considering that I hadn't played in a long time.

Seems that I should be able to dish some matches during the weekend. Hopefully then I'll be able to play with you guys once again.

hamchan

I have no idea what time you guys normally play due to time zones so I'll just camp in the chat room over the weekend.

Gyrian

Edgeward said:
Nice Gillian Seed Avatar, Gyrian.

Thanks. My hat is off to you for knowing what it is. :]
Good games last night, too!

hamchan said:
I have no idea what time you guys normally play due to time zones so I'll just camp in the chat room over the weekend.

You can find me and a few others like Edge around 8-12pm Central Time US.

Doorman

Scheduling lately has kept my gaming time slightly down, and what I do have has been almost solely devoted to Super Mario Galaxy 2 this week. I definitely don't want to fall even further behind the rest of the group than I already am, but it's going to be tougher finding time to play.

That said, once I get enough of SMG2 out of my system I'll try and make some more time, to keep my skills nice and rusty rather than completely decrepit.

gsarjeant

Drame said:
I have send friend requests to everyone on the list again as Kardunkke.

Remember to accept the friend request and I'll invite you to the chat.

Is this still the scrub channel? I've finally gotten around to signing in in the past week or so, but haven't seen anyone else.

EDIT: Question answered. Why yes it is!

Edgeward

Good games tonight, gsar! I forgot to turn off the video stream of Alpha Protocol so that's probably why it was a bit laggy, I apologize. But I finally got my endless ten trophy. :lol

So for sure tomorrow, since my te stick will be arriving in the mail, I'll be on same time you guys usually find me 7:30 to 9 pm US Pacific. So hopefully I'll see you guys there so I can break this new stick in.

gsarjeant

Thanks, Edgeward - and agreed! Good games. No worries about the lag. Glad I could help with that trophy. :D

Is there a shortcut to jumping between the chat room and the game? You seemed to be getting back and forth much more quickly than I.

I had a great time. The next few days are bad for me but I'm definitely looking forward to more scrub time next week. Have fun breaking that stick in!

Edgeward

Well, nothing special. I just leave it on the chat window after I type something out and then press the home button to exit, so when I hit the home button again it's right there on the chat window ready for me to type is all. Unless there is some other way people have been doing it? o_0

I'll see you next week, then! I've been hellbent on getting that trophy for a while, so I was giving no quarter. :lol

gsarjeant

Ah, ok. I was hitting Circle to back all the way back out to the XMB. It didn't cross my mind to exit with Home. Another thing learned. :lol

Edgeward

Good games tonight guys. Well for you all, I was terrible with the new stick, it's learning all over again,

Ufokidd if you still have problems try changing your dns settings

SETTINGS > NETWORK SETTINGS > INERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS > WIRED CONNECTION OR WIRELESS >

WIRED CONNECTION > CUSTOM > MANUAL SETTINGS > AUTO DETECT > AUTOMATIC > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

WIRELESS > ENTER MANUALLY > ( ENTER SSID OR CONTINUE ) > ( CHOOSE SECURITY OR CONTINUE ) > CUSTOM > AUTO > DO NOT SET > MANUAL ( DNS1 : 208.67.222.222 , DNS2 : 208.67.220.220 ) > AUTO > DO NOT USE > ENABLE > X > X

Top Bottom