• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

I am officially a scrub, the regulars on GAF chat have been kicking my ass and I have sunk low

PSN: JeRkY

GT: philishave

I don't want to take my vanilla mains, I want to learn the new characters

Chamber

love on your sleeve
gutter_trash said:
I am officially a scrub, the regulars on GAF chat have been kicking my ass and I have sunk low

You play Dudley I take it? Maybe you could teach me something. :D

LosDaddie

Banned
Mike M said:
My god I love this game. Had some awesome matchups tonight with Rice N Beans and LosDaddie.

My headphones seemed to be on the fritz tonight though. I don't know if anyone could hear me (and if you did, it was probably half a conversation with my wife), but I couldn't hear anyone : /

Yeah man, great games on Sat night! This game is fucking awesome. Little to no lag and the matches load fast.

If you can't already tell, I'm mainly just going to play with Akuma (my main) and Juri. There's no way I can improve my game if I play with more characters. So I hope I don't bore you when we game.

If anyone else wants to game at nights (starting around 10pm EDT), send me an invite.
GT: LosDaddie

Gyrian

gutter_trash said:

Alba and I are learning Dudley too; welcome, Gent. :]
For the times I've been on, I'd say it's the British invasion all over again, with plenty of Dudley and Cammy to love, haha.

Drame

Edgeward said:
I'll be on tomorrow night at around 7:30 pm PST till 9ish. Is the chat full? I can make a new one for all who still need to be in one. PSN Edgeward34
No need for a another room, as the chat is never full.

When we have 16 peeps on the chat at the same time, then we need to make another room.

Edgeward

Drame said:
No need for a another room, as the chat is never full.

When we have 16 peeps on the chat at the same time, then we need to make another room.

Okay good, I wasn't exactly sure how the chat rooms worked on ps3.

alba

Little is the new Big
Drame and I got an endless battle going on right now if you guys want to join! :D

GET ON NAO GYRIAN! :lol

PSN: itsnervedamage

VA, USA

I didn't pick up sf4, so I'm a total noob.

Button mashed my way through the alpha series back in the day but I just got a stick and I'm working on actually learning the game.

Mike M

Nick N
LosDaddie said:
Yeah man, great games on Sat night! This game is fucking awesome. Little to no lag and the matches load fast.

If you can't already tell, I'm mainly just going to play with Akuma (my main) and Juri. There's no way I can improve my game if I play with more characters. So I hope I don't bore you when we game.

Yeah, I'd noticed a trend there. Heh heh.

I'm still working out who I want to use as my alt, so in the mean time, I'm random selecting the shit out of my matches so I can figure out who else I want to put the time to learn and to unlock colors and stuff.

Think I can safely rule out Hakan though, god what an ass beating I got on those matches on Saturday :lol

Tonza

ggs today. I think I managed to get a round in the games I played... :lol
Even Scrub gaf is too good for me. Scrub-Scrub anyone?

Man I need to practice more. In training mode the combos and setups are so easy but it's oh so different story in an actual match.

Biggest problem is blocking though. I have no idea where to block against different attacks.

alba

Little is the new Big
GGs everyone! Hope to get you all back together later tonight :) GAF scrubs is always fun :D

And that random select thing, haha I sucked so bad :lol (Not to mention I did it 3 times in a row... good job fleko :p)

Drame

alba said:
GGs everyone! Hope to get you all back together later tonight :) GAF scrubs is always fun :D

And that random select thing, haha I sucked so bad :lol (Not to mention I did it 3 times in a row... good job fleko :p)
It's not tonight it's night.

Dang it!

Doorman

Tonza said:
ggs today. I think I managed to get a round in the games I played... :lol
Even Scrub gaf is too good for me. Scrub-Scrub anyone?

Man I need to practice more. In training mode the combos and setups are so easy but it's oh so different story in an actual match.

Biggest problem is blocking though. I have no idea where to block against different attacks.
I feel this way a bit coming out of my first few Scrub GAF matches too. Hopefully that will change once I finally settle on some mains and really focus on learning their intricacies. Those jump-in cross-up attacks ruined me against Jerky and Miragith today. :p

I might try and get on again briefly in a little bit, but it probably won't be for long.

EDIT: So, I pretty much hate Dudley now...nice games to everyone that was around tonight. I had no idea that people with 1000+ BP mains were considered scrubs around here, I guess it just goes to show how long of a way I really have to go to be anything close to mediocre at this.

alba

Little is the new Big
Good fun, 5am here gotta go but those team battles were really something!
The random kens were great too :lol

See you guys tomorrow, I'll set up records again this weekend and get some uploading going. Until then, peace xoxo.

Edgeward

Doorman said:
EDIT: So, I pretty much hate Dudley now...nice games to everyone that was around tonight. I had no idea that people with 1000+ BP mains were considered scrubs around here, I guess it just goes to show how long of a way I really have to go to be anything close to mediocre at this.

BPs just mean you've played ranked a bit, nothing to really denote skill. That said the Dudley players do go gentlemanly all game long. :lol

Good fights tonight guys! I'm gonna go to sleep dreamin of my soul getting stolen by Bison. x_x

Gyrian

Doorman said:
I had no idea that people with 1000+ BP mains were considered scrubs around here, I guess it just goes to show how long of a way I really have to go to be anything close to mediocre at this.

What Edge said.
It's confusing for Vanilla players (I know I was), since they've essentially changed what BP stands for.
All it's telling you is how much the player has used the character. You can evidence it from my 1,000+BP and my horrible 400ish companion PP.
My overall win ratio with Dudley is still abysmal, I've got a long way to go.

Awesome games tonight, everyone. :]
Now, who will

ify4cx.gif

to the British Invasion?

Miragith

Good games tonight! I still need so much more practice =(.
Oh, and I was going to purchase an octagonal gate. Just making sure that's the right one for the Mad Catz TE stick. Sorry if I don't seem to respond or talk much in chat, I just hate using the stick to type lol. I'll get a keyboard by Wednesday.

Edgeward

Miragith said:
Good games tonight! I still need so much more practice =(.
Oh, and I was going to purchase an octagonal gate. Just making sure that's the right one for the Mad Catz TE stick. Sorry if I don't seem to respond or talk much in chat, I just hate using the stick to type lol. I'll get a keyboard by Wednesday.

I use my ps3 controller in the player 2 slot to type out stuff. :3 Sad no one has a mic though but me it seems.

Arde5643

Any tips for being better at executing combos in real matches? While I can do some of them in training, I always go back to my bad habit of mashing and messing up my combos big time in actual matches....

Oh yeah, can you also add me to the list of scrubs? XBL GT is mailarde

Gyrian

Arde5643 said:
Any tips for being better at executing combos in real matches? While I can do some of them in training, I always go back to my bad habit of mashing and messing up my combos big time in actual matches....

Well, a part of that is that you're more likely to be nervous against a live opponent and miss your execution. Practice a solid couple to begin with.
The next important bit is to get consistent at finding chances to land the opening hit and reacting on it. It'll be tough and you will miss, but over time your execution will improve.
Start simple! :]

Edgeward said:
Sad no one has a mic though but me it seems.

I've got one, but you wouldn't want to hear me during a match. :p

What I'd love is a solution for the text chat where you don't have to switch back to the XMB.
Why can't I just type in-game and have it sent to the chat room? :s

Volcynika

Edgeward said:
I use my ps3 controller in the player 2 slot to type out stuff. :3 Sad no one has a mic though but me it seems.

I have one, but I had issues making it work when I was in a game with notworksafe. D:

Chorazin

This sounds like the place I belong! I have SSFIV for both systems

XBLA: Cthulhu Rises | PSN: Chorazin

I'm mainly on XBLA, but feel free to add me on PSN too. Looking forward to playing with some people around my skill level!

xero273

alba

Little is the new Big
Edgeward said:

I do have a mic but since I switched to the slim, it seems the syncing has gone to the crappers, I'll fix that today though :D

Edgeward

I'll be on again 8:00 to 9:30 pm PST, if anyone needs a chat invite and hasn't gotten one send a FR to Edgeward34. If Drame/Kerdunkle hasn't already. :p

Drame

Edgeward said:
I'll be on again 8:00 to 9:30 pm PST, if anyone needs a chat invite and hasn't gotten one send a FR to Edgeward34. If Drame/Kardunkke hasn't already. :p
Thanks for the help Edgeward.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I didn't realize we had so many Dudley players. Maybe I'll just stick with Ryu/Ken (because clearly there aren't enough).

Volcynika

Sorry for anyone that invited me earlier. My brother got on to make a new user to play another game, since I'm not home until evening D:

Doorman

Edgeward said:
BPs just mean you've played ranked a bit, nothing to really denote skill. That said the Dudley players do go gentlemanly all game long. :lol
I guess part of my point then is that, regardless of skill level when compared to the masses, they've still played the game enough with that character to understand a lot of the moveset and string together some nice combos. I've seen enough evidence of it with the Dudleys around to know where I stand right now.

Edgeward said:
I have a mic (or rather, it's my sister's mic since it's her PS3), but I haven't figured out how to use it yet. I don't think people will want to hear me randomly blurting things out in the middle of a match anyway. :lol

Ryn

Any games going on sometime now/tonightish? I'd like to join in on some gaf games.

Ryn - SakuraRyn (360) - USA - Ohio

Top Bottom