• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

Drame

Gyrian said:
One more, please! :]

My Dudley continues to be awful, and there's little learning involved when going into ranked matched against people that have dedicated countless hours to their main.

My PSN is the same as my name here.
Who do we add to get in the chat room?
Send Kardunkke a friend request and I'll invite you to the chat.

Edit: All right. Somehow the flood gates to the scrub chat have been opened. I'll see if we have to make a new room.

MrMephistoX

Yeah after trying the big kids room I think I might be a little more suited for PSN scrub. Anyone want to send along a GAFCHAT invite?

MrMephistoX on PSN

Doorman

Scrubs group, huh? Sounds right up my alley, the only other fighting game I've really tried to play was some Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and this feels way way different.

Doorman - DoormanAtLarge (PSN) - USA (EST)

Right now I've been mostly centering around E. Honda, C. Viper, and Guy...kind of an odd mix I guess. I probably won't be able to start adding folks until this evening, but feel free to send a request or message or whatever. Looking forward to trying out hilarious sumo headbutt mindgames with some more folks!

Drame

The chat invites have to wait for a while now.

I'll see if our German friends will appreciate my request.

BdoUK

I'm as scrubby as they come! I haven't been able to play Super much but when I'm on shoot me a request.

BdoUK (XBL)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ZealousD - ZealousDemon (XBL) - USA - CST

Skipped vanilla, but I was reasonably good at SSFII. I'm usually on around 11PM-2AM CST. Send me a message if you wanna play. I'm really digging Juri, she's my new favorite Street Fighter character.

ACE 1991

Ace 1991 - I ACE 1991 I (XBL) - (EST)

I'm a scrubby scrub through and through, and am DESPERATELY looking for some people on my skill level to play and train with! :D

Alucrid

Banned
Alucrid - Alucrid - XBL - EST

Hit me up whenever I'm on, I might be busy with another game though if I'm in MP, if I'm just playing single player I'll probably hop on SSFIV.

xero273

not sure if I belong in scrub gaf.

xbl and psn is xero273. Can I also get invite to gaf chat?

xero273 - xero273 - xbl -est
xero273 - xero273 - psn -est

Thanks.

Good games ACE 1991!

That site I mentioned is iplaywinner.com. They got some good stuff there. I think there is another site that some pro SF player put up online that has individual character guides. I'll try to find the site and we'll try stuff out.

On another note, I think I will take your advice and get a stick if the fight stick is that easy to mod. :)

alba

Little is the new Big
Instead of flooding the main SF4 thread with our scrubby matches, I think I'd rather just post them here among ourselves so we don't get too embarassed :D

GAF Scrubs videos:
(the list so far)

Halba (Hakan) vs Bankoiia (Cammy) Endless Battle 1
fleko (Ibuki) vs Halba (Hakan) Endless Battle 2
alba (Dudley) vs Halba (Hakan) Endless Battle 3
Xater (Blanka) vs Halba (Hakan) Endless Battle 1
fleko (Ibuki) vs Miragith (Juri) Endless Battle 1

Isamu (Guile) vs Gyrian (Dudley) Team Battle 1
Miragith (Cammy) vs fleko (Ibuki) Team Battle 1
alba (Dudley) vs Gyrian (Dudley) Team Battle 1

Cheers! I'll be updating this thread every once in a while with new videos! Long live, GAF scrubs :D

Nakazato

alba said:
Instead of flooding the main SF4 thread with our scrubby matches, I think I'd rather just post them here among ourselves so we don't get too embarassed :D

GAF Scrubs videos:
(the list so far)

Cheers! I'll be updating this thread every once in a while with new videos! Long live, GAF scrubs :D
nice :)
by the way when we ultra vs ultra i was shook up that last match

xintin

miragith is becoming a regular sparring partner for me :lol
our matches always seem to go to the wire too.

ggs with carlos too, you're juri was toughhh.
that dudley mirror was fun too, so close~

Volcynika

Oy. Hoping I can be on tomorrow afternoon/evening (have some Mother's Day stuff to do, family and all) so I'll try to be around to spar some tomorrow!

Mike M

Nick N
My god I love this game. Had some awesome matchups tonight with Rice N Beans and LosDaddie.

My headphones seemed to be on the fritz tonight though. I don't know if anyone could hear me (and if you did, it was probably half a conversation with my wife), but I couldn't hear anyone : /

Drame

xero273 said:
didn't know you could connect hakan's ultra after FA.
It only works on some of the characters and Ibuki is one of them.

The right way to link to the U2 would be after two focus attacks, but I'm pretty bad at that still. So, I have been using the "cheap" method, granted it doesn't work on everyone.

Flek

Banned
alba said:

GAF Scrubs videos:
(the list so far)

nice man ;O Wanna post that over in the "ssf4 neogaf elite thread of peoble looking down on scrubs" !?

edit: ah ok never mind, didnt read your post ;P

When's the next scrub battle? I've been getting 'better'

:( I swear when i try to make friends on GAF or post my GT.. i get no response. I feel so lonely up here

*Goes back to SSF4

hamchan

The Abominable Snowman said:
When's the next scrub battle? I've been getting 'better'

:( I swear when i try to make friends on GAF or post my GT.. i get no response. I feel so lonely up here

*Goes back to SSF4

Just camp in the chat. I have no idea when peak times are since I'm the only Australian here so I just turn up whenever :lol

Gyrian

alba said:

GAF Scrubs videos:
(the list so far)

These are great! :eek:

Amazing how different it feels when you re-watch one of your own.
Mistakes abound, but that ultra on ultra was one of those moments when everything fell into place just when it needed to. :]

Looking forward to more Dudley sparring, I feel like I'm starting to get him now.

alba

Little is the new Big
Let me know when you get online Gyrian, we need to get another team battle going today :)

Mike M

Nick N
BdoUK said:
I'm as scrubby as they come! I haven't been able to play Super much but when I'm on shoot me a request.

BdoUK (XBL)
piccolosan said:
I'm new to SF4 and looking for a sparring partner or something lol

Mr Appleboo (XBL) - USA
ZealousD said:
ZealousD - ZealousDemon (XBL) - USA - CST

Skipped vanilla, but I was reasonably good at SSFII. I'm usually on around 11PM-2AM CST. Send me a message if you wanna play. I'm really digging Juri, she's my new favorite Street Fighter character.
ACE 1991 said:
Ace 1991 - I ACE 1991 I (XBL) - (EST)

I'm a scrubby scrub through and through, and am DESPERATELY looking for some people on my skill level to play and train with! :D
Jack Random said:
Jack Random SX (XBL EST) looking for a game, toss me an invite
xero273 said:
not sure if I belong in scrub gaf.

xbl and psn is xero273. Can I also get invite to gaf chat?

xero273 - xero273 - xbl -est
xero273 - xero273 - psn -est

Thanks.
The Abominable Snowman said:
Im on XBL now. vagabond01

come and play the team chump!!

Friend requests from MisterMiksch sent to all you mofos. Reciprocate, bitches!

Tonza

PSN: Tonza4. (EU - Finland)

Im really bad and I have a hard time finding people that don't completely destroy me in the game... :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
GGs everyone, catch you guys tomorrow for some more maybe? :D (I didn't record tonight though)

Edgeward

I'll be on tomorrow night at around 7:30 pm PST till 9ish. Is the chat full? I can make a new one for all who still need to be in one. PSN Edgeward34

Top Bottom