• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

xintin

GGs tonight to everyone in the room. Everyone is starting to get pretty tricky to figure out :)
edit - oh yeah, get some mics, we need more OHHHHHHHHHHsss and OMGSssss :lol

Flight has reach into my dreams and found my nightmares.

T-Hawk and Bison.

damn you.

ggs everyone.

Got one win....that's all that matters.

:(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Man, as my fundamental play gets better, I seem to get worse results. I did better just mashing out dragon punches and throwing wake up ultras.

Knux-Future said:
Flight has reach into my dreams and found my nightmares.

T-Hawk and Bison.

damn you.

ggs everyone.

Got one win....that's all that matters.

:(

Sorry, dude. : (

I'm just play testing almost everyone out.

Keep on practicing, Chambers.

Spike

Well, I'm a scrub and I'll be using my lowly 360 controller.

Spike - DarkKnightHP (XBL) - Canada - Toronto (EST)

GGs everyone. Flight, your Bison and that ultra that took me way too long to figure out how to guard against will haunt my nightmares.

Trying to improve my Cody. As always, lots of fun playing with you guys and gals.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Good games, guys. That SRK --> FADC --> Ultra is on the tip of my fingers. Can't believe I whiffed on the fireball the one time I pulled it out. Still felt good though. :lol

Miragith

I definitely need to invest on a stick. My thumb is getting blisters and missing certain executions on the pad is a bit frustrating. Trying to decide on RAP3 SA or the Mad Catz TE stick if you guys have any suggestions. I'll probably end up buying one this week.

Also, good games tonight! Highlight was when Chambers FADC Ultra against me.

Chamber said:
Good games, guys. That SRK --> FADC --> Ultra is on the tip of my fingers. Can't believe I whiffed on the fireball the one time I pulled it out. Still felt good though. :lol

You won the night. FADC into Ultra? We're done.

Also, there's something weird about Ryu's FADC into U1. I did it twice on Sagat, who has a large hit box, and missed twice. There's something weird going on here, can anyone explain? Is there stricter timing?

Miragith said:
I definitely need to invest on a stick. My thumb is getting blisters and missing certain executions on the pad is a bit frustrating. Trying to decide on RAP3 SA or the Mad Catz TE stick if you guys have any suggestions. I'll probably end up buying one this week.

Also, good games tonight! Highlight was when Chambers FADC Ultra against me.

I use the TE stick.

It's the reason I'm so awesome.

Yeah, I'm also considering starting a Scrub GAF YT channel, put up the highlights of the night or the best match or somesuch. If someone else can or would rather do it, PLEASE! So we can share things like Chambers' epic FADC into Ultra.

Spike

I've gone through and sent a friend request to everyone on XBL in the USA and Canada. My GT is DarkKnightHP.

conman

So are folks using the scrub chat room? Seems like every time I'm in it, there are only a couple of us (and we rarely have any kind of lobby going).

Is everyone else just matching by straight-up friends lists?

NeoUltima

conman said:
So are folks using the scrub chat room? Seems like every time I'm in it, there are only a couple of us (and we rarely have any kind of lobby going).

Most of us probably just need an invite to it. (including me please :)).

conman said:

That's how I do it on PSN.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
moviea.gif

hamchan

conman said:

Yeah I need an invite to the chat room.

Drame

Miragith said:
How does the whole chat thing work on PSN o_O? And I could use an invite as well!
#1 I'll add you as a friend.
#2 Invite you to the chat room.
#3 You join the scrub chat by clicking the chat room icon on XMB.

Reminder: you'll have to manually join the chat everytime you log in.

Arde5643

Chamber said:
Man, as my fundamental play gets better, I seem to get worse results. I did better just mashing out dragon punches and throwing wake up ultras.
Just keep at it - your problem right now is your lack of muscle memory and reaction.

Your mind comprehends the situation and has produced the necessary solution, however your bad execution gives you something totally different.
Happens to me numerous times already while using the stick - like doing taunts instead of focus attacks. :lol

This is the case of trying to get your execution up to speed with your mental game (fundamentals and footsies).

The worst thing you can do right now is give up on putting the time to condition your muscle memory to combos, reversals, etc, and instead playing recklessly (scrubbily) just to get a win.

notworksafe

Good matches earlier today and tonight. I had a lot of fun with everyone that was playing. Thanks to Kaako, Flight, Miragith, Trinidad, Volcynika and everyone else who I forgot for the good matches.

Too bad your mic wasn't working, Volc. Then we could have at least had two talkers in there. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Miragith said:
How does the whole chat thing work on PSN o_O? And I could use an invite as well!
its basically like an irc channel, persistent and once invited you can join at any time. its really great.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey, I was finally able to get into the GAF scrub room! :D Great matches tonight, guys. Really had a lot of fun. Will definitely have to start playing with you guys a lot more.

Miragith

notworksafe said:
Good matches earlier today and tonight. I had a lot of fun with everyone that was playing. Thanks to Kaako, Flight, Miragith, Trinidad, Volcynika and everyone else who I forgot for the good matches.

Too bad your mic wasn't working, Volc. Then we could have at least had two talkers in there. :lol

Fun games tonight. I went ahead and ordered a TE stick online. Hopefully it arrives this week so I can get some practice in. But until then, I will be enduring the pain on my thumb. Also, Scrub Gaf Chat seemed to be empty most of the time. More people need to join!

Volcynika, you're too good on Cammy!

sorry for bailing out early today, Scrub GAF. I'm leaving on a trip abroad soon, so I had to make preparations. I'll see if i am available tomorrow.

turnbuckle

Played my first few matches online tonight. Did better than I expected with Juri, but if I'm going to play her regularly I'm gonna have to upgrade from those madcatz pads and get a stick. Her projectile move puts my fingers in a pretzel whenever I plan to store them for later.

Turnbuckle47 (Xbox Live) if anyone wants to play sometime

Volcynika

Miragith said:
Fun games tonight. I went ahead and ordered a TE stick online. Hopefully it arrives this week so I can get some practice in. But until then, I will be enduring the pain on my thumb. Also, Scrub Gaf Chat seemed to be empty most of the time. More people need to join!

Volcynika, you're too good on Cammy!

Cammy's the only one I know how to play! D:

Trying to be good with Ibuki, but still got a lot to work on!

btrick

recently unemployed...

which means I can now get into street fighter full time!

i'm a scrub, used to play a trigger happy rufus and now looks like i'm going to be a trigger happy juri..

add me! psn: btrickery

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
:lol
Volcynika said:
Cammy's the only one I know how to play! D:

Trying to be good with Ibuki, but still got a lot to work on!

i need to work on fighting cammy cuz DAMN! I dont like to get owned :lol
Good games last night guys!

Edgeward

I didn't own SFIV and not accustomed to my arcade stick being a pad person all my life, this seems like a good place for me.

PSN ID Edgeward34
West coast

Cammy exclusive until I find a way to hold the stick that allows me to do supers, ultras, ex moves and not end up doing one when I should be doing another, I don't feel confident to go outside the confines of Cammy's thighs.

turnbuckle

Bought one of the new Tournament Edition S sticks and got overnight shipping so it better be here tomorrow. I'll be on using my old pad tonight though if anyone is up for some games. Never played a gaffer in SFIV or SSFIV before (let alone any fighting game, or any game outside of MLB The Show :p) but I fully expect to embarrass myself :lol

gsarjeant

gsarjeant - gsarjeant - XBL - USA - CST
gsarjeant - gsarjeant - PSN - USA - CST

I'm on XBL more than PSN, at least until the Stanley Cup playoffs are over. I'm loving SSFIV so far, even though I'm not very good. Seems like a good time to finally play a game with some gaffers.

KiNeSiS

Banned
KINESIS MikeCisThaILLest - PSN - USA - EST Allentown PA

My main is Cody, I can switch it up with a few characters.
I see myself as a pretty decent player....
Pretty dangerous with Cody, Test your might!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
notworksafe said:

GGs man. Endless was so fun. Need to tone down my ADD Adon a bit though lol.

Mike M

Nick N
MisterMiksch (XBL), Washington, USA.

Been maining Balrog lately, don't really have an alternate picked up. Need tons of practice, but it'd be nice to not get destroyed instantly online.

Mike M

Nick N
So what's the ettiquette for adding people in this thread? Is it frowned on to just enter everyone with an XBL gamertag and invite them to matches when I happen to be online the same time as them?

I just got fucking embarrassed by Reigun16.

To be fair to me, I'm a bit distracted, and I shouldn't have gone online.

Which segways into;

to a certain sect of Scrub GAF, I'm afraid I'll be gone for 6 weeks. I'm leaving to Beijing today, and I refuse to play videogames when I'm abroad. I'm sure I'll going to be wreaked by you fellas when I come back.

Thanks for letting me play host, and make commentary!

Edgeward

Mike M said:
So what's the ettiquette for adding people in this thread? Is it frowned on to just enter everyone with an XBL gamertag and invite them to matches when I happen to be online the same time as them?

Can't speak for everyone but if you put your GT out for people to see, I would think you would welcome such a response. Just let them know you in the message that you're from gaf, first, and they will gladly accept. I know I would and have.

Top Bottom