• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl Costume Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some of you guys seriously expect them to go with something wildly different from the classic look? The cape and skirt look is iconic. There's no way in hell they ever would have used that trench coat costume, for example.

Looks stupid. If you're going to make the costume dark, gritty, etc., don't make the costume look like it was designed for a 6 year old.

Lookin at the hi-res images, looks like there's some subtle red stitching on the suit itself that I didn't notice before.

supergirl-first-look-image-full-body.jpg

Yup, just along the arms and down the sides/front I think.

EDIT: We need to retire the words "dark" and "gritty".

Dennis

Banned
Just get rid of the leggings - bare legs - and make the colors a bit more vibrant, and we got a stew going.

Sojgat

Belt line is too high (looks like a school uniform), and the stockings need to go.

Other than that, I like it.

pixelation

Well the suit is... sorta ok sans leggings, but i don't like their actress choice, she doesn't look like supergirl and she isn't that good looking.

J10

Banned
The skirt is a mistake. Should have gone with a onesie. The visible stitching makes it look like cosplay. The shield is dope, though.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks thoroughly boring. Colours so oddly muted, actress just looks... far too plain. Would just think she was a hobbyist cosplayer if ever seen out and about.

Poyunch

There just needs to be more going on with her top. As it is now, her upper half is just all one giant blue thing. At least add a different shade of blue.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
There just needs to be more going on with her top. As it is now, her upper half is just all one giant blue thing. At least add a different shade of blue.

I'm thoroughly confused as to why they fought against colouring in the chest plate gold/yellow. Or why they went for such a dark and boring blue.

I think its the best TV superhero costume so far. It looks better than the Flash costume did promo images.

I think Reverse Flash has the best costume currently on tv,
Colors are better and the suit has a few upgrades the Flash suit needs(leather shoulder parts and sleeves).

Finaika

I love it!

Helen Slater's Supergirl / Matrix costume was always my favorite Supergirl costume :D

I was afraid they were going for a more modern armored look, was very relieved they went for the classic look instead.

ericexpo

i'm happy it's a costume and they accepted people want to see superheros look like superheros. not wear sweatshirts with logos

clarkkentmasquerade.jpg

anaron

I've never seen Ollie's suit outside the show's lighting. Had no idea it had so many different shades of green going on.
both suits look so much better here

also wtf gaf, we have a dude who creates a Spiderman avengers gif that sets the internet on fire but no one can do an easy photoshop trinity

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
both suits look so much better here

also wtf gaf, we have a dude who creates a Spiderman avengers gif that sets the internet on fire but no one can do an easy photoshop trinity
It's confirmed to be set in the same world Arrow/Flash?

anaron

It's confirmed to be set in the same world Arrow/Flash?
sort of

they're beating around it and are saying they want to spend time with Kara first but almost every single person behind Flash and Arrow are doing Supergirl and they've said multiple times that they are "open to a crossover"

ReiGun

That's clearly a photoshop. His costume isn't even close to being that kind of green.

I know that. I was referring to the amount of shades. When I see it on the show, it just looks like one solid green to me. I never really noticed there were lighter or darker areas.

Skux

If you want to know more about Supergirl's history and main storylines check out Emergency Awesome, one of my favourite YouTubers for comics info http://youtu.be/K9MLiJ-wSqs

Do the boots have heels? Impossible to tell in those darkened photos.

bms2993

Banned
Why does head look so big? Looks photo shipped to me. The brake do not match up with the risotto and looks off putting. Would bang bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom