• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilcrane

Any gifs of the combo attack?

l2QZOXibLc1ACWD4s.gif

This one?

Nabs

citOJy0.gif

I'm glad so many people got to check out The Flash today. I saw a bunch on twitter saying that they need to go watch the show now. I hope they're ready for that first season for The Flash.

Rafy

I loved this episode so much, I hope they find a way to merge the two earths. Kara and Berry in the same episode turned up the charm dial to 11.

The Supergirl villains need work though, none of them feel scary on menacing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was all hype but the episode felt very Meh.

Honestly what did you expect ? Both shows are gearing up the their big season finals and this cross over was greenlit like at the last second. It was very nice to see both heroes interact with each other - but it obviously cant be compared to the 2 episode Flash/Arrow/Legends cross-over which.

Skux

Episode was great, albeit a bit rushed.

The people and firefighters coming to save Supergirl was super cheesy, but it's a much better message about superheroes than anything Batman v Superman has to offer, and consistent with the presentation and themes of Supergirl the TV show.

A lot of Arrow/Flash viewers came in expecting the same tone as the Flash. Even though the Flash is a lot lighter than Arrow it's still very dark in places, especially with its villains. Supergirl is mostly positivity and is definitely the most family-friendly of the shows.

And it was way lighter, even for a Supergirl episode. Supergirl can do drama as well as the Flash (the Red Kryptonite and Black Mercy episodes are a standout) but didn't have time to get that deep in this episode.

I feel like this was a great crossover but a bad way to introduce Flash and DCTV fans to Supergirl and didn't do the Flash much justice either, considering how nerfed he had to be to fight on equal terms with Silver Banshee and Livewire.

wildfire

Banned
I look forward to the spinoff Fire Man show after that great takedown of Livewire.

imaging the opening speech!

I look forward to the spinoff Fire Man show after that great takedown of Livewire.

Damn I didnt know it was a three way cross over with "Chicago Fire". Flash you are embarrassing Earth 1

Oliver: So How was Earth 3?

*sensible chuckle*

I was looking forward to this episode, but ended up wanting something different. It was just alright, more disappointing if anything. Flash got his ass whooped and how criminals easily escape all the time is beyond me lol.

Needed more Manhunter too.

KonradLaw

Watching this ep made me realize how lucky Barry was in his season 1 that Oliver managed to whoop his ass
before he had a chance to ruin in reputation in Central City, the way Supergirl did.

cw_sasuke

I'm for that minus Arrow.

I've accepted that what was once my favorite TV series is beyond saving and would only bring down the other 2 characters

You are nuts - Arrow and his crew are great in crossover even if his show sucks. We need Ollie and Kat to interact. Also Diggle needs to see Kara..lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm for that minus Arrow.

I've accepted that what was once my favorite TV series is beyond saving and would only bring down the other 2 characters

What is this nonsense, I'll take Oliver outclassing the metas and Diggle's amazement any day of the week. Any time there's a competent non-big bad villain Ollie ups his game to where it should actually be. Canary cheers up whenever she's not on Arrow and Thea gets sassy. Add in Roy for some enthusiasm too.

There won't be room for Felicity though, Emily Bett Rickards has a packed schedule as the lead of her show.

Chariot

I enjoyed the episode very much. It was light hearted, it had nice jokes in it (the jab at CW) and it showed that both heroes were good people. Heroes don't need to fight each other in crossovers.

Also MVP Fireman.

Whew been catching up on this since last week.

Pleasantly surprised by how good it is! Is there nothing Berlanti/Kreisberg doesnt turn into gold?!

Sölf

Man, great episode. Barry was awesome in here and him geeking out at about everything was hilarious. Also, Cat killing it with the CW line. xD

I really hope we see more crossovers in the future. Not as easy doable with the different Earths, but still would be fun.

Blader

Next Year I need a 4 hour crossover

Crisis on Infinite Earths

Supergirl X Flash X Arrow X Legends

make it happen !

If they ever did do a Crisis crossover, I would love to see -- just as cameos -- quick insert shots of other DC TV Earths being affected by red skies: Dean Cain in the Superman suit, John Wesley Shipp in the Flash costume (maybe battling Mark Hamill's Trickster?), Tom Welling, Linda Carter... Probably complicated as hell to pull off but it would be a neat nod to a DC TV multiverse.

This was the worst piece of superhero on TV ever. The fireman saving the day was the most cringe worthy shit I have ever seen. I thought, "hey, they're teaming up may as well watch and see." NOPE. There was a reason I dropped Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl and this episode was a big example why: they're all garbage.

I see The Flash still can't abuse his powers and, you know, punch people out before they even have a chance to react.

Did your earth not have Constantine, or Gotham season one, or Agents of SHIELD season one?

KonradLaw

Matt Ryan and uhhhhhh that gif of Zed?

Whole Feast of Friends episode was spot-on, with incredible finale. I've actually forgot what exactly John did in this comicbook story, so when watching the show I've realized what his plan was that was just...dear God. Not only that episode captured Hellblazer essence. It actually surpassed the issue of comic book that was the source material.

ZeroX03

Banned
Whole Feast of Friends episode was spot-on, with incredible finale. I've actually forgot what exactly John did in this comicbook story, so when watching the show I've realized what his plan was that was just...dear God. Not only that episode captured Hellblazer essence. It actually surpassed the issue of comic book that was the source material.

I don't mean to call you Patrick O'Brian, but...

Umm....

FtVrW6C.gif

I can't pinpoint what makes this clip seem silly.

I think the problem with this shot was that it didn't do anything with her powers. Instead she's somewhat slapping a piece of wood and jumping off like a 3 foot platform. The only way this would make sense is if she used her scream to knock the handrail away and jumped off and landed with her scream too.

The scene doesn't make her seem powerful or scary, just too lazy to use the stairs.

Ricker

I think the problem with this shot was that it didn't do anything with her powers. Instead she's somewhat slapping a piece of wood and jumping off like a 3 foot platform. The only way this would make sense is if she used her scream to knock the handrail away and jumped off and landed with her scream too.

The scene doesn't make her seem powerful or scary, just too lazy to use the stairs.

Which is why she used the elevator earlier lol...the best scene was the whole ice cream part,everyone looked so natural and happy,especially Kara lol,just smiling and all happy eating her ice cream slowly,like hey new guy I'm an Alien and he approves and all...

cw_sasuke

Which is why she used the elevator earlier lol...the best scene was the whole ice cream part,everyone looked so natural and happy,especially Kara lol,just smiling and all happy eating her ice cream slowly,like hey new guy I'm an Alien and he approves and all...

James didnt look that happy...lol.

Great episode and cheesy as hell in the best way possible. If Supergirl goes to the CWverse, she needs to bring Kat Grant with her. Maybe she could end the bullshit that is going on with Olicity.

Mariolee

So uh...did the Banshee powers come with superstrength cause she punched the hell out of Kara in one part, which doesn't make sense if the only change is her scream, plus Kara was ready to kill her with that piece of concrete.

So uh...did the Banshee powers come with superstrength cause she punched the hell out of Kara in one part, which doesn't make sense if the only change is her scream, plus Kara was ready to kill her with that piece of concrete.
In the comics she has super strength and speed on top of her banshee scream

Toa TAK

Banned

I thought the same thing. You just gotta roll with it.

Roooooollllllllllllllllllllllllll with it.

This is no time for comics, WrenchNinja.

Ogodei

I loved this episode so much, I hope they find a way to merge the two earths. Kara and Berry in the same episode turned up the charm dial to 11.

The Supergirl villains need work though, none of them feel scary on menacing.

Aye. Livewire and Silver Banshee's shenanigans felt very small-potatoes, kind of like they belonged on the old Superfriends cartoon. I feel like most villains today, in comics, cartoons, or on Flash or Arrow, would have spotted and blasted those firemen before they got to her.

This was the first actual episode I watched through. Jeez what the hell? Silver Banshee went through this crazy transformation like out of nowhere. I mean her costume that is. Live wire's acting... woooooow. haha

KonradLaw

The lame villains weren't enough to stop my enjoyment, but this episode would be even better if it had no real villains. Just Barry hanging out with Kara, stopping ordinary crime/accidents and just working on solution to get Barry home.

This is my first complete episode of Supergirl and it didn't leave the best impression. Silver Banshee, she discovers she has powers then gets some grey highlights, fake contacts and slaps on some halloween makeup. Worst looking superpower villain/hero in recent history.

The look for Silver Banshee was okay, but I can't get the image of these two goofing around making her look like a Day of the Dead reveler out of my mind. Kind of wish that look emerged as part of the curse. Like... when did they go shopping for contacts and shit?

650_Italia_Ricci_Silver_Banshee.jpg

Time for another Berlanti-Verse vs Smallville "Who wore it best."

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom