• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradLaw

Oh my god I forgot this happened. Like I remember the event, just not the reason why it happened. Wow arrow is so dumb.

Yeah. That said, that finale was still ballsier than anything ever done in superhero tv shows. As a whole Arrow as a show used to have balls of steel. Even in S3, while it had a lot of problems, did shit other showrunners would run way in terror from. S4 seems way to safe. While they kept up the consistency before the break it was ok, but now we have neither consistency nor bravery.

They should end all current seasons on a 'oh fuck' note. In order of end date:
- Supergirl: Skies turn red
- Legends of Tomorrow: Someone from the future comes in to warn them about a huge disaster coming.
- Arrow: Huge earthquakes or something at the end of the episodes.
- The Flash: Earth-2 and Earth-3 appear in the background of the sky and they seem to be colliding.
Season ends.

Arrow: An alternate Black Canary arrives in Star City.

Joni

Arrow: An alternate Black Canary arrives in Star City.

That is for next season. Flash opens with a meeting of the heroes: Flash, Green Arrow, Vixen, Supergirl, Atom, Firestorm, Constantine, Earth-2 Green Arrow, White Canary, J'onn Jonz, ... Everyone they can still find on the three Earths. Superman will be missing, because he doesn't like them. Oliver reminds him too much of someone else that keeps attacking him.

Mariolee

Aside from some minor edgy quibbles (whenever someone's gotta stick it to God in one of these shows like "if there was a god, she wouldn't let this happen" is instant eye roll material for me) I kinda dug it. I don't know, some cool action scenes and good set up, but the dialogue and story beats are just so depthless. The actresses and actors are doing the best they can with subpar scripts in my opinion, but I mean if it works for them it works.

They should end all current seasons on a 'oh fuck' note. In order of end date:
- Supergirl: Skies turn red
- Legends of Tomorrow: Someone from the future comes in to warn them about a huge disaster coming.
- Arrow: Huge earthquakes or something at the end of the episodes.
- The Flash: Earth-2 and Earth-3 appear in the background of the sky and they seem to be colliding.
Season ends.

I would love if all the DC shows had a connected cliffhanger, but it will not happen.

I cannot get over the fact of how fucking pretty she is. Goddamn. If I ever start watching this show it's just going to be because she's so pretty.

Joni

lol what does being on CW have to do with it though?

CW has a tendency to cast pretty people. Find the ugly person:

nina-dobrev-s-departure-from-the-show-will.jpg

The-Originals-Cast-the-originals-tv-show-35635576-612-459.jpg

arrow-cast.jpg

the-flash-cast.jpg

DC-Legends-of-Tomorrow-Cast-Video-Details.jpg

BlFjLm7CAAAVInC.jpg

jane.jpg.644x532_q100.jpg

supernatural-misha-collins-jensen-ackles-creation-entertainment-91615.jpg

izombie-cast-sxsw.jpg

Hint:
It is a trick. There is none.

CW has a tendency to cast pretty people. Find the ugly person:

Hint:
It is a trick. There is none.
haha, yeah those are all good looking people but what is that saying? beauty is in the eye of the beholder? it's not like any other entertainment hub wouldn't wanna get attractive people on their mediums too.

Yeah that's something I never understood. Virtually nobody casts "ugly" people, CW or not.

Also, Melissa Benoist looks like Blake Lively when she smiles.

Joni

haha, yeah those are all good looking people but what is that saying? beauty is in the eye of the beholder? it's not like any other entertainment hub wouldn't wanna get attractive people on their mediums too.

Other networks tend to mix it up a bit more, go for older and less traditionally attractive people. Think Coulson in SHIELD, Jethro in NCIS, ...

anaron

Other networks tend to mix it up a bit more, go for older and less traditionally attractive people. Think Coulson in SHIELD, Jethro in NCIS, ...
Coulson/Clark Gregg is a good looking guy tho.

the rule of all network TV and film is generally everyone is attractive or "Hollywood ugly" meaning at worst they're average.

The CW has mostly moved away from their creepy model catalogue casting throughout the Ostroff era as evident with Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Jane, and Flash and iZombie and even some of Reign.

Still very attractive people, but not in a way that's noticeably plastic or aesthetically all similar.

ZeroX03

Banned
Season finale tonight!

#1.20 "Better Angels"
Episode Promo

SUPERGIRL FACES HER GREATEST TEST YET WHEN HER ENEMIES PLAN TO DESTROY EVERY PERSON ON THE PLANET, ON THE FIRST SEASON FINALE OF “SUPERGIRL,”
“Better Angels” – Supergirl is forced to do battle with an unexpected foe and must risk everything – including her life – to prevent Non and Indigo from destroying every person on the planet, on the first season finale of SUPERGIRL. Superman kicks back with a beer to watch. Monday, April 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Joni

I'm looking forward to Superman's appearance. Seems like his role will be epic going on that description.
Edit: Shit, sorry for the spoilers.

Bluth54

I didn't realize this was the finale tonight and the first season is only getting 20 episodes for the first season. That's pretty unusual for a network show like this.

Blader

I didn't realize this was the finale tonight and the first season is only getting 20 episodes for the first season. That's pretty unusual for a network show like this.

It started later than normal and the ratings were probably not high enough to merit confidence in a full back nine, but maybe stabilized enough to still merit a S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom