• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
But a pair of glasses is. It always been baffling to me how secret identities work in the Superman spectrum of things.

For the most part, Superman's secret identity is founded on 2 major pillars (these days, at least, before there was all sorts of stuff about hypnotism and face molding and all kinds of wackiness). Acting, and disbelief. Clark Kent slouches, wears clothes a few sizes too large, employs entirely different body language and speech patterns, raises his voice a few octaves... his entire appearance is a lie. The second component is that nobody's looking for Superman's secret identity, because they all assume he just doesn't have one. Why would you want to be anybody other than Superman?

Same applies here.

Huh? I said I didn't mind the "cousin", "him" stuff myself.
Sorry, I guess I misread. I'm reading and posting in a rush on my phone during commercial breaks. Anyway, I meant that people would be happy to hear the names after thinking that they couldn't use them, and complained about the him/cousin stuff.

For the most part, Superman's secret identity is founded on 2 major pillars (these days, at least, before there was all sorts of stuff about hypnotism and face molding and all kinds of wackiness). Acting, and disbelief. Clark Kent slouches, wears clothes a few sizes too large, employs entirely different body language and speech patterns, raises his voice a few octaves... his entire appearance is a lie. The second component is that nobody's looking for Superman's secret identity, because they all assume he just doesn't have one. Why would you want to be anybody other than Superman?

Same applies here.

I totally buy that explanation & it works. It's just in the TV/Film medium; it makes that just slightly harder to sell than in the comic form.

It doesn't bother me; I still love the characters/shows/movies. It's simply always made me chuckle.

Needs to pull a flash and vibrate her face. Though I don't think she's on that level of power yet.

This episode feels a bit more CW style than the pilot, think I'll stick with it for the rest of the season.

We need a lantern show for thursday and titans for friday.

Needs to pull a flash and vibrate her face. Though I don't think she's on that level of power yet.

This episode feels a bit more CW style than the pilot, think I'll stick with it for the rest of the season.

We need a lantern show for thursday and titans for friday.

Vibrate her face lol

Sorry, I guess I misread. I'm reading and posting in a rush on my phone during commercial breaks. Anyway, I meant that people would be happy to hear the names after thinking that they couldn't use them, and complained about the him/cousin stuff.

No prob. :)

And yeah, I'm sure that'll please a lot of people. It's kind of cool to know they can do it.

Vibrate her face lol

zAp2LzJ.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
that was an awful punch.

I know her evil master plan, she is trying to stop Dr. Wells from entering their Earth because if he did, not even the man of steel can stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom