• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrimzero

I had issues with the last fight.

Kara throws her once and thinks its over?

Henshaw could stab her (an evil kryptonian) in the chest and kill her but goes for her arm? Which assuming that was kryptonite didn't weaken her.

Also if not-Zod wanted to capture a DEO agent, what was stopping her?

Ok, they are not allowed to have flying fight scenes again.

The floating shots were the main ones that took me out of it for a moment, when they were moving it looked okay. I think with a sky in the background rather than the roof it would have looked better.

I'm also willing to see if they get better at those as they work out the kinks since this is only the second ep. even moreso since almost everything else looks so good.

The music in the fight was on point.

Edit: Ooh, full on Man of Steel style interactive hologram.

ah shit red eye Henshaw whats going on man.

I liked it a bit better than pilot. I think they handled the statements on feminism better with cat grant remarks. My favorite part of the episode was the montage and improving her image.

I feel like they're going too hard with the teasing for future plotlines, it's a bit distracting. The fight was off, but I can't really explain why. It's also still a little bit too fast paced. Like I said before I think I'll stick with it, it reminds me of Arrow season one a bit where it's trying to establish a lot of ground before it digs in.

Slayven

Loving it, glad things are moving at a good clip. They totally could have had ALura be all like "All according to the Light" for 20 eps.

LosDaddie

Banned
Let's just mention Superman constantly during the show.

I'm sure he's busy doing other stuff more important than saving earth from Zod-level baddies

GulAtiCa

I think a big thing that also makes it confusing, is a lot of people think this show is in the same universe as Man of Steel, when it's obviously not. Since Man of Steel was just a few years ago, hence the confusion. I don't think they did a good job of trying to separate the universes.

I'm sure he's busy doing other stuff more important than saving earth from Zod-level baddies

action311_king-superman.jpg

This is that Earth.

Slayven

Calling my shot, well studying the kryptonian prison ship he was infected with it's Bio cyber security system codenamed:"Eradicator". Eradicator being the closes human word for the kryptoian name.

PreFire

I think a big thing that also makes it confusing, is a lot of people think this show is in the same universe as Man of Steel, when it's obviously not. Since Man of Steel was just a few years ago, hence the confusion. I don't think they did a good job of trying to separate the universes.

Which Earth is the show based on in the DC multiverse?

GulAtiCa

Which Earth is the show based on in the DC multiverse?

I have no idea, I can only imagine it's its own universe separated from the Arrowverse and the Movie-verse.

Unless the Superman vs Batman movie takes place 12 years after Man of Steel or Supergirl is in the future of the movie-timeline/etc..

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Why using Superman is a double-edged sword.

Anything they do that's personal to Kara's background is going to inherently also be tied to the man in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom