• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Cat Grant Fan Club Member #1

"...and liberals love to feel guilty" killed me.

Nice episode. Predictable, but still fun. I hope most of the future episodes are like this one. And they better bring Livewire back this season.

Also, I'm glad the writers are addressing the criticisms within the show itself. This show knows what it wants to be and doesn't pretend it is something else.

anaron

I thought the fight choreography in the first scene between Kara and escaped prisoner was a step up as well.

dat Tancharoen

Penguin

Cat Grant Fan Club Member #1

"...and liberals love to feel guilty" killed me.

Nice episode. Predictable, but still fun. I hope most of the future episodes are like this one. And they better bring Livewire back this season.

Also, I'm glad the writers are addressing the criticisms within the show itself. This show knows what it wants to be and doesn't pretend it is something else.

I've been on the Cat-train since... honestly liked her since Lois and Clark, but really liked her in the pilot leak over the summer!

I made a gif from that earlier. I forgot to post the video, though. Heh.

tumblr_nxz7ovHz8t1ufsf3go1_r1_400.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So much for that looking better on film than it did in the promo pics. Yikes.

Good episode I thought, Livewire was handled well for he most part. Nice effects and nice that we're finally getting some backstory on Kara's adoptive parents.

Grizzlyjin

I thought we all agreed that the fucked up meta human prison they had in Star Labs took the cake.

Absolutely fun episode. It finally had some character development and none of this constant cousin talk to be seen. Really great.

Some of the CGI was a bit N64 iffy, like the whole helicopter scene, but I guess it made sense to focus the budget on the villain, which looked pretty good. Loved the whips.

anaron

oooooh

Episode 7 synopsis
"Human for a Day"

Kara and her friends must rely on their inner strength and courage when an earthquake strikes National City. Also, Alex’s mistrust of Hank reaches a breaking point when the earthquake traps them in the DEO with Jemm (Charles Halford), a powerful alien escapee, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Dec. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.[/quote]

Joni

Kara and her friends must rely on their inner strength and courage when an earthquake strikes National City. Also, Alex’s mistrust of Hank reaches a breaking point when the earthquake traps them in the DEO with Jemm (Charles Halford), a powerful alien escapee, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Dec. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.[/b]
Why would she need her inner strength? She can probably survive an earthquake. I'm also thinking nothing will happen with Henshaw at this point, maybe episode 8 or 9.

Chariot

Was pretty cool, if a bit on the nose. What I liked the most was the talk about livewire beginning way before the powers, while she wasn't a really criminal person before, just a slightly negative one.

Only thing I didn't like was "Shut up, you mean girl". Really? That's your one-liner?

Joni

It really looks like Berlanti is interested in saving Glee actors from the scrappy heap. Jacob Artist is already on Quantico so he doesn't need saving, so that leaves Becca Tobin. Get cracking Berlanti. It is also a nice casting in itself, as Jenner clearly has chemistry with Benoist. Marley-Ryder became the fan-favorite couple, despite little Puck being her destined choice.

Mariolee

I really don't like how they hit you over the head with everything in this show, even compared to The Flash. Subtlty goes a long way.

Even so, I enjoy the actors so much that I'm willing to put up with the scripts. I really love Cat's character.

It literally says he's her husband in the beginning of the article. Hah. Anyway, they got married early this year. I remember it even trending on Facebook and other places.

Penguin

It's funny unlike Arrow and The Flash, there isn't a person that Supergirl really "haS" to end up with like in the comics.

It's kind of refreshing... in a way

Though both shows seem to steer away from the standard coupling.

It's funny unlike Arrow and The Flash, there isn't a person that Supergirl really "haS" to end up with like in the comics.

Hey, Brainy might show up. You never know.

Pilgrimzero

So let me get this straight.

Superman takes his freshly crashed cousin and drops her off at a home where the husband/father works for the governments alien hunters, which of course the alien hunters were made aware of her.

Am I getting this right?

That's some golden age Superman dickishness right there.

Joni

He is the IT nerd, he is me, so I'll ship him.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm sorry, but every time I see a gif, commercial, or clip of this, the effects look cheesy and horrible. Is it just me? Or is it better in context? Or is it a part of the charm?

It really turns me off to the idea of this being worth my time. What say you GAF?

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm sorry, but every time I see a gif, commercial, or clip of this, the effects look cheesy and horrible. Is it just me? Or is it better in context? Or is it a part of the charm?

It really turns me off to the idea of this being worth my time. What say you GAF?

For me, it's part of the charm.

Like how Limewire got her powers, I was sitting there going, "Really?" lol

Joni

I wonder if they realized the scenario kinda happened in Lois & Clark too with a kid getting Superman powers after Superman catches a plane and gets hit by lightning.

I wonder if they realized the scenario kinda happened in Lois & Clark too with a kid getting Superman powers after Superman catches a plane and gets hit by lightning.

I instantly thought of that episode. Having not looked at previews my next thought was "She gonna get Supergirl powers".

So let me get this straight.

Superman takes his freshly crashed cousin and drops her off at a home where the husband/father works for the governments alien hunters, which of course the alien hunters were made aware of her.

Am I getting this right?

That's some golden age Superman dickishness right there.

The order is a bit off. Jeremiah wasn't coerced into working for the DEO until after Kara had already been left in his care. This apparently never made it back to Superman when it happened, and Kara apparently obeyed the order to not listen in since she had no idea Henshaw had been the one to draft him.

There is a question as to why Jeremiah purported to be an expert on Kryptonian physiology, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom