• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a gif from that earlier. I forgot to post the video, though. Heh.

tumblr_nxz7ovHz8t1ufsf3go1_r1_400.gif

That is one pathetic looking kick, like she doesn't have room to kick properly.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Definitely the best episode thus far for sure. A lot less awkward and clunky with its dialogue than previous episodes, Livewire's powers were used well and fun to watch, the drama both between Alex and her mother and Kara and Cat all rung true.

It's still not perfect but it's a helluva lot better than the show has been up til now.

Also LOL at Wynn.

I'm sorry, but every time I see a gif, commercial, or clip of this, the effects look cheesy and horrible. Is it just me? Or is it better in context? Or is it a part of the charm?

It really turns me off to the idea of this being worth my time. What say you GAF?

Stat Bro! Great to see you in a different topic!

It's a bit hard to say if Supergirl is really worth anyone's time at this point. We're 4 episodes in and it's not great or amazing by any means, but also not terrible. The show is still new and stumbling along while trying to figure out what it's going to be. It makes the procedural story parts stand out a little. You can feel the growing pains. You can also feel that they're trying to cater to the female audience, which is absolutely their right and doesn't really bother me, but it means that there are sometimes scenes that make me groan. Right now, the biggest draw for some people seems to be the main actress being adorable, which is kinda weak.

That said, it's still kind of fun to watch, if you're into superhero shows. But they are going to be cheesy and have lots of annoying and stupid drama and sometimes weak SFX. I think it just comes with the genre being on TV.

So ultimately I'd recommend The Flash or Gotham S2 over Supergirl at this point. Especially The Flash should be a good indicator of how this show is going to develop, since it's from the same show runner. Watch Flash and if you like it, come back in a few weeks or months to check how this show has developed.

New episode tonight!

"How Does She Do It?"
Kara is pulled in two directions when babysitting Cat's son, at the same time, National City is hit by a series of bombings. Meanwhile, James feels conflicted when his ex-girlfriend Lucy Lane tries to rekindle their relationship.

Slayven

Love they kept that from the comics.

Kat Grant could be lowdown, but she loved her kid and would fight somebody in a minute over him.

Nice flying chase

Not sure where the rest of that thing went but the chase looked cool.

"Did you fire another nanny?"

Heh, Kat gushing about her kid.

CGI looks to be better? Going back through the first season of The Flash it's something I noticed. Hopefully it improves here too

Also, Point Break is getting remade? Wut

WedgeX

Banned
Cat's son looks like the brother of Selina on Gotham.

Hint?

I was thinking the
Supernova suit

Red Tornado, moreso since T.O.Morrow was already on Arrow.

Edit:

And why does Supergirl need a different set from the Arrowverse, it's near the same exact coffeeshop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom