• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

• Lord is totally this show's Lex.
  • "They're not toys! They're adult collectables." Winn is so me.

That was another good episode.

Toa TAK

Banned
Kara, she's told you to use conditioner twice already. Get on that girl.

Between this episode and the last, the show is shaping up. Still rooting for Kara to win out with Jimmy, though. Nerd love has gotta prevail.

And yeah, while Lord is their Luthor, I was getting heavy flashes to this.

Kara, she's told you to use conditioner twice already. Get on that girl.

Between this episode and the last, the show is shaping up. Still rooting for Kara to win out with Jimmy, though. Nerd love has gotta prevail.

And yeah, while Lord is their Luthor, I was getting heavy flashes to this.

Don''t even need to click, I already know what you're talking about.

anaron

another strong episode. show is really starting to gel nicely.

there's so many neat little touches that I adore about this show. I loved Cat questioning Carter about liking Supergirl beyond her appearance

leng jai

Probably my favourite episode so far.

Now I basically know nothing about the lore of Superman/Supergirl but what's the actual explanation of people not recognising them in their normal lives?

Mindwipe

Probably my favourite episode so far.

Now I basically know nothing about the lore of Superman/Supergirl but what's the actual explanation of people not recognising them in their normal lives?

It varied. In the early days they used to say Clark had "super hypnosis" that stopped people being aware. In recent years they've tended to stick more to the idea that Clark is a good actor and can compress his spine a bit to make him look much more slovenly and shorter, plus the residents of the DC universe are generally unobservant.

strafer

so yeah, Melissa is totally in the second episode of the first season of Homeland. And she's naked.

I thought that was her.

Ushay

I'm on on episode 3..
Lmao did Superman just save Kara's ass.
Please tell me this ain't a regular occurrence?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how is the show holding up so far?

I've been meaning to get on board with this, but I hear mixed opinions on it, much more so than even Arrow.

Right now I'm watching Gotham, The Flash, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and so far I'm enjoying Gotham and the Flash the most, though this season of Arrow has been a major improvement over the last one.

Pilgrimzero

Winn has toys and eats cereal for dinner, and she admonished him for it. He's so deep in the friend zone he should build a house there.

you know the more I think about it the more I hate the Kara/Jim/Winn thing.

Kara who is a "nerd" herself drooling all over the alpha male who just showed up, Jimym is supposed to be a nerd himself), while shunning if not completely oblivious to the long time admiration of Winn.

Yea she can like whoever she wants etc but the whole alpha male Jimmy thing thats shes drooling over is just so.... CW.

Tabby

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how is the show holding up so far?

I've been meaning to get on board with this, but I hear mixed opinions on it, much more so than even Arrow.

Right now I'm watching Gotham, The Flash, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and so far I'm enjoying Gotham and the Flash the most, though this season of Arrow has been a major improvement over the last one.
First couple of episodes were rough with all the "I'm a girl I can kick ass" and "but supermans" but these last 2 episodes have been great, definitely the weakest out of the other 3 DC shows but only because the others have been amazing.

On par with the first couple of Flash episodes in my opinion before all the "oh shit" episodes and with no Cavanagh swag.

Joni

That was a fantastic episode. Can't decide if this or last episode is the best yet.
Carter was a good guest star, but it was also nice to show Cat is a doting mother. She is more than just an annoying boss like Jameson, she is more a Perry.
And Winn really just an adult Carter.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
"You spent more time in the Friendzone than in the Phantomzone."

/dead

Arrow, Flash and Supergirl all now have started with
an enemy as an ally
I mean come on wtf.

If you're just now starting to see the pattern between all CW/CBS superhero shows, then I don't know what to tell you.

All of them pretty much have the same blueprint.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
The whole "testing" Supergirl angle was done in Lois and Clark. It was interesting to see it done again here. Lord is definitely the Luthor of this series.

I know these shows have to be a bit on the nose sometimes, but showing the guy with his almost entirely open jacket, where you can clearly see his bomb, sitting in the train like that? Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom