• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, didn't Peter Facinelli promote the show with some other cast member last summer? I remember something like that, but his absence is odd. And lol at abandoning the super obvious romantic arc between Alex and him and pretending nothing ever happened.

Volimar

Guys,
Cyborg Superman
was literally in the promo.

I literally haven't seen the promo.

By the way, didn't Peter Facinelli promote the show with some other cast member last summer? I remember something like that, but his absence is odd. And lol at abandoning the super obvious romantic arc between Alex and him and pretending nothing ever happened.

I don't know. I always got the impression that he was into her but she was shining him on for the DEO.

So I started catching up on this show on Netflix.

It's better than I expected based on the terrible quality of the pilot and the crossover episode I watched last year. Just finished the Toyman episode, so that's where I am in season 1.

My biggest problem so far is that Supergirl doesn't actually have any of her own villains. They're all Superman castoffs. That and the very obvious attempt to give her 1-to-1 versions of his villains when they don't take Superman's directly. Like Maxwell Lord being an extremely obvious stand-in for Lex Luthor.

Not sure if that's a problem with the show or a problem with the comics that just translates into the show.

And also Jimmy Olsen is there, but he's really her version of Lois Lane. And Winn or whatever is her Jimmy, and then they also bring in Lucy Lane and General Lane and this is getting ridiculous.

Also the plot seems to revolve around a ton of Kryptonian bad guys, so you'd think maybe Superman would want to get involved. Maybe? A little?

Honestly it feels like a spinoff to a show we aren't allowed to watch.

Man, looking at the synopsis, half of that stuff doesn't really matter for Season 2, which has far less struggle. It's impressive how my characters and concepts they outright jettisoned.

2jUCCPg.jpg

So we've all be expecting the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover that's coming later this year to be a Music Meister episode, but I just realized something- this is Supergirl. It could be a Mxyzptlk episode.

So we've all be expecting the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover that's coming later this year to be a Music Meister episode, but I just realized something- this is Supergirl. It could be a Mxyzptlk episode.

Will they reveal such a powerful and ridiculous character like Mxyzptlk? I doubt it. But it would be awesome if they did.

I kickstarted this WatchAir antenna thing with the intent of having it be another source of OTA DVR recordings (since the HTPC at my parents' house is maxed out with their stuff Monday nights). They delivered their product insanely fast for a Kickstarter product, but I've yet to get it to actually record anything (it literally says "Generic error" every time I try to schedule it). They don't even have their customer support systems set up yet so I can't even put in a support ticket for the problem, and I've had the thing for nearly two months now. So any time I'm not at home at 8PM on a Monday night, I can't Supergirl live and have to wait to watch it the next day on the CW app.

Sorry, just venting. Won't be joining you guys tonight :(

Ugh, I had thankfully forgotten about that...

Rachel Bloom will probably be free by the time they've started filming that musical cross over... Flash writers seemed to be pretty high on the idea of it her playing the character.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ugh, I had thankfully forgotten about that...

Rachel Bloom will probably be free by the time they've started filming that musical cross over... Flash writers seemed to be pretty high on the idea of it her playing the character.

Wait, really?

Finally, CW-nepotism is paying dividends.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Man, looking at the synopsis, half of that stuff doesn't really matter for Season 2, which has far less struggle. It's impressive how my characters and concepts they outright jettisoned.

Interesting.

Also I was wrong, they are also just doing Martian Manhunter stories, which I'm actually totally okay with.

WedgeX

Banned
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom