• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- Oh, I like the premise of Supergirl being bored with petty criminals
- "Madly monotheistic" haha
- Not gonna leave one armed soldier behind to protect your way back home? At least it let Winn have his moment
- Sun Grenade is a cool idea
- I screamed "Just bone already!" at my TV when Mon-el and Kara were sharing that blanket on the couch.

Meh episode for me. The character moments and callbacks were all nice, but the main plot about the slavers and the rescue felt rushed.

"The only person I've seen you get that worked up about is Kara"

Yeah, and you've also seen her knock back alien booze that would kill a human at any dose.

Storyboard panel posted by Kevin Smith:

C26OFRDUUAAe_7X.jpg

I've also learned from his tweets that the ship name for Kara and Mon-El is "karamel"

jb1234

That was merely okay. Some manufactured character drama (already bored with Alex and her GF), a very rushed central storyline with inept villains and James' continued existence on the show baffles me.

I did like Winn's little story, even if it was resolved a little too easily. Still not a fan of what they're building to with Kara and Mon-El but at least they're taking it slow.

ZeroX03

Banned
Boy that was a clunky script and maybe too ambitious for the budget. Kev's direction was fine, he was left with some inconsistent stuff to work with, as is the trend with Supergirl. Also American combantats invaded an alien planet. They basically declared intergalactic war. I guess you can chock up alien normality to it being a different earth huh.

Also it's not even remotely subtle that Mon El is the prince right?

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Erm.......... that's not how Kara's abilities work? She's effectively a giant battery, her cells store energy, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use her abilities at night, underground, etc...... How did she get drained? Seems like a massive thing for someone like Smith to miss?

ZeroX03

Banned
Erm.......... that's not how Kara's abilities work? She's effectively a giant battery, her cells store energy, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use her abilities at night, underground, etc...... How did she get drained? Seems like a massive thing for someone like Smith to miss?

Smith didn't write the episode. He showed up and directed the script written by Kreisberg, Carrasco and Kardos.

The answer is red sun immediately drains them because that's convenient for the plot. Or the portal does it. Or speed force.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Smith didn't write the episode. He showed up and directed the script written by Kreisberg, Carrasco and Kardos.

The answer is red sun immediately drains them because that's convenient for the plot. Or the portal does it. Or speed force.

I didn't say he wrote it tbf, just figured it would be something he would flag up. Have them throw in a line with any one of your "theories".

Joni

If Kryptonians could keep their yellow sun energy under a red sun if they stored enough, I'd expect Krypton would be in war all the time because bad guys left the planet to power up and came back to fight.

Smoolio

Really hope they are setting up Mon-el to be one of the worst villians, and Lena as a red herring. Otherwise its going to be so generic.

Traditionally in the comics Red Sun energy has always drained Kryptonians of their powers almost immediately.

Gavin Robertson

Neo Member
Traditionally in the comics Red Sun energy has always drained Kryptonians of their powers almost immediately.

In older stuff yeah, mostly due I suspect to the fact writers didn't understand how stars actually work, but I distinctly remember both Johns and Morrison having Superman retain his abilities for hours, even days, draining slowly over time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mon El was just the royal daxxomite guy's bodyguard tho, right?

There's definitely more there, though, given that there's some group of aliens looking for him and especially because the Dominator let him go.

The only person who can corroborate his story is himself.

Mon El was just the royal daxxomite guy's bodyguard tho, right?

That's what he says. If the flashback is true, the other guy was a Prince and Mon-El was somebody who is supposed to listen to him - but the bodyguard thing could be a lie. The scene also makes sense if you view it from the perspective that Mon-El is the Prince's younger brother.

There's also the possibility that the flashback is complete bullshit that Mon-El made up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mon-El is the new "Jay Garrick"

They could make it interesting and have him be unaware himself, basically a sleeper agent with a fake past he actually believes that gets his programming turned on.

Then you'd have Kara try to flip him again with the power of love. Then the season finale could play the Huey Lewis song and we could finally top them playing a song with a lyric "Superman's got nothing on me."

I think Mon-El lied and he is the prince. it would explain how he can't do any everyday things like pour club soda. He probably left his body guard and everyone else to die when his planet blew up. Why else would that alien bow?

GulAtiCa

I think Mon-El lied and he is the prince. it would explain how he can't do any everyday things like pour club soda. He probably left his body guard and everyone else to die when his planet blew up. Why else would that alien bow?

I'm assuming that too.

Though, I don't think he purposely left. From earlier scenes, shows he was put into the pod by someone else tricking him so that he would survive.

While I'm trying to get my character status lists straight in my head: they just left Roulette stranded on that planet, right?

I'm assuming that too.

Though, I don't think he purposely left. From earlier scenes, shows he was put into the pod by someone else tricking him so that he would survive.

As stated, that story came from Mon-El himself and there's no one left to confirm it to be true.

Lame as hell to make what's basically an imposter account, I mean at least they have the real one in the bio but that's there just so their account doesn't get deleted.

Smoolio

After Zoom we don't need any more enemies masquerading as friends or fake flashbacks. Still annoys me.

You can very easily re-contextualize that Mon El flashback if necessary.

Yeah I agree, but with Mon-el they could do more of a villian origin that stems from his privilege, especially if after giving this hero gig a try and doing everthing Kara says he feels he isn't given everything he feels he is entitled to.

Maybe I just want to piss off more but hurt twitter/forum people, as the Sanvers whinning has been glorious.

Tone down? No, I want more.

Give me James and Winn. I want them to be a couple.

Yes! And Kara and Lena. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom