• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the channel in Canada that airs Supergirl completely butchered the commercial breaks, kept going to break in the middle of scenes lol, they apologized today but it was kinda funny

Joni

I think Mon-El lied and he is the prince. it would explain how he can't do any everyday things like pour club soda. He probably left his body guard and everyone else to die when his planet blew up. Why else would that alien bow?
I think I like the idea that he doesn't know more.

jobrro

Lovely message, not the official Twitter account.

I wish that was the official Twitter account. Great response.

How can these people and their children not come across this in real life which would spur the question?

Makes me feel like I am living in a different era from some other people on this planet.

On topic: Liked the latest episode though it didn't live up to my Kevin Smith expectations. Though that could be because he had a pre-existent script, which I accept. Still enjoyed the episode, some good lines in there.

Sort of thought it would be written by him based on his Superman Lives experience. There was no giant spider.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't like Mon El as a romantic interest that much. I don't think he's selling it as a would be hero. And a villain twist probably wouldn't work for me.

But he works as a presence. And comic relief. He's kind of like HR over on Flash currently. He's just nice to have around because of how he bounces of the other characters, even if he's nothing of substance.

MartyStu

I don't like Mon El as a romantic interest that much. I don't think he's selling it as a would be hero. And a villain twist probably wouldn't work for me.

But he works as a presence. And comic relief. He's kind of like HR over on Flash currently. He's just nice to have around because of how he bounces of the other characters, even if he's nothing of substance.

Neither do I, but he has been the best option presented thus far for Kara.

Short of Wynn actually being Braniac 5, I do not think her other two options are going to be revisited.

Of course Lena is the Dark Horse option, but I doubt anything will come of all the unintentional(?) sexual tension.

So Mon El it is.

Makonero

Neither do I, but he has been the best option presented thus far for Kara.

Short of Wynn actually being Braniac 5, I do not think her other two options are going to be revisited.

Of course Lena is the Dark Horse option, but I doubt anything will come of all the unintentional(?) sexual tension.

So Mon El it is.

I hope they introduce the Legion soon. Brainiac 5 gonna sweep Kara off her feet.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Does anybody like Mon-el as a romantic interest? I know I don't. I mean if they're going down that road, I'd rather they just rip the band-aid off quick. Mon-el and Lena is a better pairing in my eyes.

ZeroX03

Banned
Every romantic pairing Kara has been given feels like a fourth grade cute crush thing, rather than someone with romantic and sexual chemistry. Mon El, James, even Barry. They're not even really horny teenagers, even if I think it's supposed to be written that way. It just feels like Melissa Benoist wants to hold hands with these guys, except Winn who's having a tantrum in the corner. She feels too wholesome for romance to work. All the characters except Alex and Maggie feel like they haven't quite hit puberty. Now Alex finally has and is the horny teen.

Lena is the only character I've felt Kara have that spark with, and that was certainly unintentional.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kara was so frigging stupid this episode. Really didnt like how she brushed off Finn being mugged and beaten up - she didnt even care for like second before and forgot it even faster. Really weird for her to behave like this...sure they have to move on with the plot and all but that reaction was weird.

Mon-El was funny this episode though, still dont know whats the point of Guardian/Jimmy - he will die at the end of the season right ?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I agree with my girlfriend. This felt like a very Buffy-ish episode, both in plot and dialogue. Mon-El's quipping was well done and they've made significant progress in him being a likeable character. Even Wynn, who is usually only obnoxious, came off as symSpathetic.

"HEY GUYS! LOOK! I'M A BADASS!"

"START THE CAR START THE CAR!"

So Mon-el's backstory is total bullshit right? He's not a guard and totally the prince

The dominator sparing him thing, along with mon-el trying to change the subject about the prince, plus these space dudes trying to hunt them down, seems like it's setting up a big reveal

shingi70

Banned
So Mon-el's backstory is total bullshit right? He's not a guard and totally the prince

The dominator sparing him thing, along with mon-el trying to change the subject about the prince, plus these space dudes trying to hunt them down, seems like it's setting up a big reveal

I assumed the twist was Mon El screwed the prince over and took the ship to get out of there.

I agree with my girlfriend. This felt like a very Buffy-ish episode, both in plot and dialogue. Mon-El's quipping was well done and they've made significant progress in him being a likeable character. Even Wynn, who is usually only obnoxious, came off as symSpathetic.

"HEY GUYS! LOOK! I'M A BADASS!"

"START THE CAR START THE CAR!"

Yeah, the episode's plot was very similar to a specific Buffy episode, I want to say the first episode of season 3? It's the one where Buffy is waitressing in the city as "Anne" and stumbles onto a plot by some demons to capture healthy young people to use as slave labor in another dimension.

I think Mon-El lied and he is the prince. it would explain how he can't do any everyday things like pour club soda. He probably left his body guard and everyone else to die when his planet blew up. Why else would that alien bow?

I presume they were both Princes, maybe his brother saved him. So he didn't lie, he just didn't tell the whole story.

Dysun

Seems pretty clear that Mon El is the prince, the real question is who are the people chasing him and why do they have the Dominators under their thumb

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Didn't see this posted in the thread yet. Kevin Smith mentioned on his Fat Man on Batman podcast that he'll be directing another episode of Supergirl this season. He flies up to Vancouver: Home of Superheroes in early February.

Didn't see this posted in the thread yet. Kevin Smith mentioned on his Fat Man on Batman podcast that he'll be directing another episode of Supergirl this season. He flies up to Vancouver: Home of Superheroes in early February.

I wonder who the "Friend of Smith" getting a cameo this episode will be?

His first Flash episode had Jason Mewes

His second had his Geeking Out co-host Greg Grunberg

His first Supergirl episode had his daughter, Harley Quinn Smith.

Should we start speculating now? I'm guessing Ralph Garmin is probably next in line.

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode of Buffy tonight!

#2.10 "We Can Be Heroes"
Episode Promo
LIVEWIRE IS SET LOOSE UPON CENTRAL CITY - After Supergirl's only memorable villain Livewire (guest star Brit Morgan) seemingly breaks out of prison, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is intent on recapturing her. After training Mon-El (Chris Wood), Supergirl takes him with her when she sees Livewire attack the NCPD but things go awry when Mon-El puts Supergirl before the citizens of National City. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) decides to come clean with Kara and M'Gann (guest star Sharon Leal), has a psychic attack and collapses into a coma. Rebecca Johnson directed the episode written by Caitlin Parrish & Katie Rose Rogers (#210).
spg210a-0270b-228146.jpg

also wickedly spoilery photo of Mon-El's costume

Grizzlyjin

Mon-el's costume was designed in a partnership with Maxwell Lord and LensCrafters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom