• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thoughts on Episode 10
- At least the DEO cells have toilets for their unlawfully imprisoned super freaks
- "Deadly penpal you see once a year" lol
- Guardian vs Supergirl: Daybreak of Morality
- The way this show handles Kara's relationships is uncomfortably juvenile, even for a CW show.
- Alex seems to be positioned as the voice of reason between Kara's naivety and Martian Manhunter's overzealousness. They're both kinds alien racist but Alex brings them back
- "Such a nasty woman." Oh man hahaha
- That Shark Tank joke is perfect cause high valuations has been an issue recently

I'm on the fence about Supergirl letting Livewire go. On one hand, it's incredibly reckless given how unstable she is. On the other hand, it gives Supergirl a different dynamic with her reccuring villains, sorta like comic book Flash or Wonder Woman. Where they develop a deeper understanding of their adversaries beyond punchy kicky.

Meh episode cause I thought the Martian stuff was boring and took away from the other plots being more developed. But I liked it more than last week.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wow at Kara in this episode. It's James' body and it's his right to choose what to do with it. Also she knows human heroes exist and can survive, even if James is no Oliver.

Livewire twist was kind of given away by the episode synopsis saying she "seemingly" escaped. Livewire should've just killed Supergirl. Also they're really pushing the rival angle because she's the only slightly compelling villain the series has. It's a little sad.

The Martian stuff felt way too heavy. The writing and effects and Miss Martian's actress really had trouble making it work.

Mon El continues to be a perplexing mess of comedy. With super speed and jumping apparently.

Winn and James are officially a couple now.

#2.11 "The Martian Chronicles" Promo
(Supergirl wears bloomers huh?)

AV Club: B

Xenoboy

Wtf Kara, don't be dissin' on James when can probably take care of half the street heroes 1v1 on E1. You even met fucking Wild Dog...

The episode was okay. I like that they let Livewire go. I want Kara to go to E1 and have nice chat to Ollie about this and with Barry about nemesis's

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
'Supergirl' adds Teri Hatcher in reoccurring role

teri-hatcher-2.jpg

Not much information. Just that she'll be in Season 2 in a reoccurring role and
that she'll be the "Big Bad of Season 2."

Great addition. Loved her on Lois & Clark.

Joni

Good damn Kara, just kiss him. First she rejected Winn, now Mon El and meanwhile she dated those two charisma suckers.

Grizzlyjin

Hell, she was married to one of 'em in real life.

He's a weird one. I can't tell if we're seeing the extent of his acting or he is just being typecast. He played very similar roles in Everybody Wants Some and The Edge of Seventeen. Good looking, dumb jockish but non-threatening

Melissa surprised me in Patriot's Day. She might have given the best performance in that entire movie in just 1 scene.

Joni

He got on Glee by a reality show. Like Irish kid who was so Irish, Jesus, girl I don't remember, girl in wheelchair who is rightfully mean against Artie and Alex who is the only one that could actually sing. I don't think the Glee project was such a good idea in hindsight.

Toa TAK

Banned
Kara was wired this episode. Let Jimmy and Winn just do their thing. She's already had her lecture on the dangers and if they refuse to listen that's on them.

Also, mah man Mon-El and that awkward high-five. 🙃

Pachimari

I really didn't like Kara and how she treated her friends in this episode. Who is she to tell James what to do. Although I get her concern, but man, that was a bit too much. At least we got a lot of hero action.

Smoolio

Apparently the upcoming Vday episode:
Will all Kara/Mon-El focused with b-plot Alex/Maggie, gee I love Kara being reduced to a love interest on her own show (if their past interactions are anything to go off). As much as I love Sanvers, if the episode turns out as expected really makes it feel like tokenism at its finest.

Apparently the upcoming Vday episode:
Will all Kara/Mon-El focused with b-plot Alex/Maggie, gee I love Kara being reduced to a love interest on her own show (if their past interactions are anything to go off). As much as I love Sanvers, if the episode turns out as expected really makes it feel like tokenism at its finest.

There's a description for that episode now:

DC COMICS’ MR. MXYZPTLK HITS NATIONAL CITY – When Mr. Mxyzptlk (guest star Peter Gadiot), a magical imp, shows up on Earth and declares his love for Kara (Melissa Benoist), she tries to let him down easy, thinking him harmless. However, he decides it’s a challenge and starts to wreak havoc on National City. Mon-El (Chris Wood) has seen beings like Mr. Mxyzptlk on Daxam and knows how dangerous they can be. He and Kara argue over how to get rid of Mr. Mxyzptlk, further straining their relationship. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) celebrate their first Valentine’s Day together. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Jessica Queller & Sterling Gates (#213). Original airdate 2/20/17.

Grizzlyjin

Show needs a good villain. Or even a good semi-regular villains. Flash has Savitar, Arrow has Prometheus, the Legends have the Legion of Doom, and Supergirl has...those alien bounty hunters & a Dominator?

I liked what they were doing earlier in the season with Cadmus. Arc was succinct and presented a threat that was relevant to the events that have occurred in-universe. Things have felt aimless since then. Basically, BRING BACK CYBORG SUPERMAN

Joni

I liked what they were doing earlier in the season with Cadmus. Arc was succinct and presented a threat that was relevant to the events that have occurred in-universe. Things have felt aimless since then. Basically, BRING BACK CYBORG SUPERMAN
It is starting up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sorbo has been cast as Rao, the former God of Krypton, in an arc called Rao Is Not Dead.

Kara had every right to be mad a Olsen and other guy. Olson coming with the you can try? What the fuck he going to do? He's just a photographer. Him becoming a superhero is the dumbest shit and I thought his friend would've learned after almost getting blasted on. I'm surprised when he comes with I don't have to have powers nobody checks him with he has no training he's just a photographer. Kara's sister and the DEO can go in the field because they're trained for that shit and the dude who is now working for the DEO is saying the same shit. He's still playing a part, he just likes the thrill of getting in the action which is crazy.

Dysun

While Kara is correct, she comes off completely unlikable in her interaction with Jimmy. Sometimes the show fumbles the easy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom