• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl S2 |OT| The Sky's the Limit - Mondays 8/7c on The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I grew up with Sorbo's Hercules! That's made me excited for this episode. Probably the most excited I've been since Superman for this show.

I only saw Hercules in the two episodes of Xena he appeared in and never got to watch it because Netflix took it down like Xena smh. I hope he's better than the rest of the villains shown so far.

Platy

What is with live action shows with money and trying to make Mr. Mxyzptlk hot ?

Also, Arrow loves his cult Sci Fi actors and Supergirl love the Pop 90's actors

Platy

This is the CW, of course he was going to be hot.

Louis and Clark
W0WTMOp.png

Smallville
BoBliSQ.jpg

There is something VERY wrong when the best version of something is in the SUPERBOY tv show

plWOALR.jpg

Joni

Also, Arrow loves his cult Sci Fi actors and Supergirl love the Pop 90's actors
It is really easy to find which shows these people loved. Doctor Who, Spartacus, Glee, old superhero stuff,... They are really only missing an actual doctor and Xena.

So they're doing Bryan Hitch's first arc on Justice League probably.

Kara had every right to be mad a Olsen and other guy. Olson coming with the you can try? What the fuck he going to do? He's just a photographer. Him becoming a superhero is the dumbest shit and I thought his friend would've learned after almost getting blasted on. I'm surprised when he comes with I don't have to have powers nobody checks him with he has no training he's just a photographer. Kara's sister and the DEO can go in the field because they're trained for that shit and the dude who is now working for the DEO is saying the same shit. He's still playing a part, he just likes the thrill of getting in the action which is crazy.

I mean, he opening debut was against the Parasite, against whom he did pretty well.

If anything, he's absolutely right about Mon-El. Guardian and been more useful and focused than Mon-El. The only time he really got scrubbed out was this episode, once because of Mon-El and the second with Mon-El.

Okay, I'll say it.
I don't like really like the Martian stuff this season. M'gann has been a bust...so far. But given that this next episode is focused around that storyline, maybe this will be a turning point.

The problem with the Martian stuff is that Miss Martian's actress isn't great. That would be fine on the rest of the show, but all of her scenes are with David Harewood, who is an amazing actor. The contrast makes their shared scenes drop like a stone.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The problem with the Martian stuff is that Miss Martian's actress isn't great. That would be fine on the rest of the show, but all of her scenes are with David Harewood, who is an amazing actor. The contrast makes their shared scenes drop like a stone.

Yes! It's like when Jesse L Martin or Tom Cavanagh have to do an emotional scene with anyone on The Flash, the other actors can barely keep up, but at least they have scenes with other actors.

I'd trade Mon-el for a more fun M'gann. Kara taking on a teenage alien protege sounds more interesting to me.

ZeroX03

Banned
Guest casting only means so much when they can't find compelling characters for them to play. A good villain would be welcome any time now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Guest casting only means so much when they can't find compelling characters for them to play. A good villain would be welcome any time now.

nonindigo.jpg

Name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's a new episode tonight if anyone's interested.

#2.11 "The Martian Chronicles"
Episode Promo
WHITE MARTIANS ATTACK THE DEO - Armek (guest star Terrell Tilford), a White Martian, descends on National City intent on taking M'gann (guest star Sharon Leal) back to Mars to face her punishment as a traitor. Hank (David Harewood) and Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) determine the best way to keep M'gann safe is to bring her to the DEO. However, when it is revealed that Armek shape-shifted into M'gann and is now loose in the building, the team realize he could be disguised as any one of them. Winn (Jeremy Jordan) realizes that this sounds like two episodes from last season lazily combined into one. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#211).
spg211a-0088b-229829.jpg

Pachimari

Honestly I wish Supergirl didn't have a team, and just went out flying when she heard trouble somewhere, and just had fun with saving people. Then they could do a b plot besides that where we follow her sister on some overarching mission. While Jimmy Olson could have a task at the Costco Corp instead of heroing like Supergirl and Mon El already do. But instead this is build up as a team effort like The Flash and Arrow.

Toa TAK

Banned
I just wish Martian Manhunter didn't get his butt handed to him so easily. He's almost useless and it's a shame for both the actor and character. His side story regarding the White Martians should be right up my alley considering the character but for whatever reason it just isn't enthralling.

Makonero

I just wish Martian Manhunter didn't get his butt handed to him so easily. He's almost useless and it's a shame for both the actor and character. His side story regarding the White Martians should be right up my alley considering the character but for whatever reason it just isn't enthralling.

welcome to j'onn j'onzz

W4ZmfTp.jpg

Joni

I just wish Martian Manhunter didn't get his butt handed to him so easily. He's almost useless and it's a shame for both the actor and character.

Indeed. They're having him job too much. They should do a part where he actually can defeat an enemy Kara can't.

I meant to say this earlier, but I thought it didn't make much sense how the Livewire clones can hurt Kara with their bare fists and get hurt from Guardian's fists.

Magwik

Banned

He didn't get the name J'obber J'onzz for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom