• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural Season 11 |OT| No, seriously, it got awesome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Was rewatching the episode where they try to kill Lucifer with the Colt. There are 5 things in creation the Colt cannot kill. I used to think it was God, Lucifer, Michael, Death and Eve. Guessing the Darkness has to be one as well. Do you guys think the writers just forgot about that plot? Was always interested to find out who the others were.

mjc

I'm hoping things start getting interesting soon..I'm starting to feel legit burnout on this show. Which is horrible, I love the first 5-6 seasons :(

I agree that the angel and demon scene in the bar was the best of the episode, maybe the season so far.

Joni

Was rewatching the episode where they try to kill Lucifer with the Colt. There are 5 things in creation the Colt cannot kill. I used to think it was God, Lucifer, Michael, Death and Eve. Guessing the Darkness has to be one as well. Do you guys think the writers just forgot about that plot? Was always interested to find out who the others were.
They might count all archangels as one thing, all horsemen as one, which might leave Eve, God, the Alphas, the Darkness.

They might count all archangels as one thing, all horsemen as one, which might leave Eve, God, the Alphas, the Darkness.

Yeah that's what I was gonna say. I assumed it was a group not singular. I always thought it was God, Archangles, Leviathans(I think Eve might be like a cousin or something of the Leviathans because of that scene with the Alpha Vamp, so I include her in with them), Horsemen, and now Darkness. It could also be that they completely forgot about that plot, considering it was Season 5 and there have been quiet a few inconsistencies with
post-season 5.
Wait hold up - season 11?

I've been keeping up with it, and still hasn't sunk in for me lol. I'll have a moment where I'm like, holy crap...they're on season 11?!

george_us

The Darkness isn't part of creation so I don't think that's a plot hole.

Goldrush

Easy to handwave away. Could be that Lucifer just didn't consider the Darkness because it wasn't in play anymore. Alternately, it's not actually "in creation" since it actually came first.

Also wonder if the fairy-type would count as well. I'm guessing they would be no weaker to it than a normal bullet based on no evidence whatsoever. Been a while, but aren't they part of a separate creation with their own God and devil? Whatever rules the Colt break to be effective might not apply to Avalon. Considering a Leprechaun alone can rival heaven, I imagine their God/devil at least are possible exemptions.

The Darkness isn't part of creation so I don't think that's a plot hole.

O yeah, that's true. The Darkness wasn't created, but I guess that would mean Death is exempt too? Since he was apparently there since the beginning. Was Eve also created? We know God created the Leviathan, but what about Eve? She isn't really a Levitation, she seems related to them though because of what the Alpha Vamp said.

Joni

Last time we saw it was when Dean killed the Phoenix I believe. After that we never saw it again, at least as far as I remember. It outlived its use, so of course the writers just forgot it even existed

The phoenix was in the past, so logically he would need to leave it there. That puts its chronologically latest appearance in Abandon all hope, when it fails to kill Lucifer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just finished the Shifter-Butler episode and wonder why the brothers never recruited a monster to join their ranks. I mean they have some werewolf friends or whatever but no one permanent. Angels, demons, yeah. But no ordinary monsters.

Oh but there was Benny though and he was the best ;~;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I just finished the Shifter-Butler episode and wonder why the brothers never recruited a monster to join their ranks. I mean they have some werewolf friends or whatever but no one permanent. Angels, demons, yeah. But no ordinary monsters.

I blame Sam.

Benny </3

Yeah, they really should have stopped after 5.

They were supposed to, and as much as I love the show for me it does end in season 5. Just like that amazing fan musical episode stated, this is worst fanfiction ever ;). Except season 11, it looks pretty strong so far.

I blame Sam.
Blame Crowly, he made Bobby's soul go to Hell, and he killed the reaper that was supposed to bring Sam back from purgatory. When that reaper died Benny offered himself to go and show Sam the portal to escape. Plus Sam wanted to bring Benny back, but Benny refused, he didn't want to hurt anyone and the struggle was real for him.

Most cases, yeah, blame the shit out of Sam because he does dumb stuff and ruins everything, but this is better for Benny as much as I loved him :(.

Haly

Noooo Sheriff Mills, noooo. Stop raising death flags.

Haly

I was watching the Sheriff Retreat episode and she was raising all kinds of flags.

She made it though. Whew crisis averted.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was watching the Sheriff Retreat episode and she was raising all kinds of flags.

She made it though. Whew crisis averted.

Oh, I was afraid for a moment. If the CW wants a Supernatural spin-off so bad they should do one with Sheriff Mills. She's got a partner now and she takes care of a bunch of kids that used to be hunters, the shit writes itself. Maybe even bring Bobby back as a love interest, really I just want Bobby back...

Joni

The slow spin-off set-up with the new guy last year was working for me, but I don't think they'll go Supernatural spin-off now that the superhero craze is working.

I don't think Bobby would really work well with where the show is now though.

tumblr_m1rzznkwnQ1qdkzueo1_500.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think Bobby would really work well with where the show is now though.

No he would not, but goddamn it I still miss the fuck out of him.

The slow spin-off set-up with the new guy last year was working for me, but I don't think they'll go Supernatural spin-off now that the superhero craze is working.

I still think if they want a spin-off they should do a Sheriff Mills one. It's already set up, there's an interesting cast and a new look on the established mythos, they would just need to put it into production and I'd watch the fuck out of it.

Hyun Sai

I think I stopped this show when they shot Bobby during the Leviathan arc...

It was already a shitty season, and that was too much to handle.

Does it get better ?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think I stopped this show when they shot Bobby during the Leviathan arc...

It was already a shitty season, and that was too much to handle.

Does it get better ?
Season 7 was pretty bad. 8 was good, 9 was even better and 10 had the potential to be better than that but the writers squandered too many ideas. 11 seems a lot closer to 9 so far imo.

Episode 3 was a real stinker. Bland script, no pace whatsoever, mediocre acting.
I should have known some of the issues from season 10 would still be there despite the very strong first two eps.

Also, Rowena is officially the worst character ever introduced in this show. Go back to your Disney movie, lady.

I'm surprised so many people liked the angel/demon scene in the bar. I suggest you guys rewatch the first scene of episode 518 to see the exact same thing, only done right this time, and actually funny, and with decents actors. Just showed how uninspired the writers were to me, ripping off a classic scene from an earlier season.

Episode 3 was a real stinker. Bland script, no pace whatsoever, mediocre acting.
I should have known some of the issues from season 10 would still be there despite the very strong first two eps.

Also, Rowena is officially the worst character ever introduced in this show. Go back to your Disney movie, lady.

I'm surprised so many people liked the angel/demon scene in the bar. I suggest you guys rewatch the first scene of episode 518 to see the exact same thing, only done right this time, and actually funny, and with decents actors. Just showed how uninspired the writers were to me, ripping off a classic scene from an earlier season.

KIIypZX.gif

The only thing I hated about Rowena so far has been how she pronounced negotiation.

Season 7 is an abomination, just forget that it even exists. The show get's significantly better after season 7.

I forgot about that bar scene lol. I feel the one in season 11 is a bit more powerful though, Angels & Demons are arch rivals, so seeing two foot soldiers just talking and drinking together shows how crazy shit is going.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Call backs are fine if done right.

Anyway, this week's episode sounds really fun based on some interviews floating around the web.

Is it a surprising opinion that episode 3 was much worse than the first two ?

Serious question, I frequent a bunch of different Supernatural-related boards, and a lot of people hated it. It's interesting that most of you liked it here, because it just reminded me of season 10, in a bad way.

Rowena as a character just got better the second she left crowleys place. Shes legitimately funny.

That I can agree with.

I still think she landed on the wrong show. But if they plan to use her as "bonus" character who just pops in from time to time to mess with the brothers, I'll be fine with it. I need a break with the character after she was forced down our throats in the most ridiculous way last year.

Gaz_RB

Is it a surprising opinion that episode 3 was much worse than the first two ?

Serious question, I frequent a bunch of different Supernatural-related boards, and a lot of people hated it. It's interesting that most of you liked it here, because it just reminded me of season 10, in a bad way.

I'm not sure, but I thought all three were pretty boring. I'm hoping things will pick up.

Sucks that you feel that way, I thought the beginning was very strong.

I'm actually looking forward to the standalone episodes we know about this season. It sounds like they're really trying to make them special, which is the only way to go after 11 years I think.

That I can agree with.

I still think she landed on the wrong show. But if they plan to use her as "bonus" character who just pops in from time to time to mess with the brothers, I'll be fine with it. I need a break with the character after she was forced down our throats in the most ridiculous way last year.

I just like to think of it as her being from the Sabrina the Teenage Witch universe who somehow ended up in the Supernatural universe. Everything gets 10x funnier whenever she's on screen. I fully expect Sam to find a talking black cat and then...kill it or something and grieve about his brother doesn't love him enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom