• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

ethelred

zoku88 said:
Wrong. Businesses try to gain as much market share as possible without becoming a monopoly. They even go so far as to keep the competition alive if they get too dangerously close.

This is Microsoft you're talking about.

Madman

Father_Brain said:
Just wondering - what, so far, has he/she been flat-out wrong about?
Her saying there was a Far Cry PS3 that was not Far Cry 2 was wrong. She changed her stance, but she was wrong.

Zenith

Banned
Madman said:
Her saying there was a Far Cry PS3 that was not Far Cry 2 was wrong. She changed her stance, but she was wrong.

she said it was canned in favour of a FC2 port, which is perfectly feasible.

ksamedi

In her comment section she mentions that Timesplitters 4 is for PS3, 360 and also likely for the Wii. There are a lot of questiones and answers but its kind of annoying to scrol up and down to see which questions she answers to.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ksamedi said:
In her comment section she mentions that Timesplitters 4 is for PS3, 360 and also likely for the Wii. There are a lot of questiones and answers but its kind of annoying to scrol up and down to see which questions she answers to.

She also says next Suikoden is for the Wii.

Madman

Zenith said:
she said it was canned in favour of a FC2 port, which is perfectly feasible.
Sure it is. But she was wrong the first time around. Backtracking on something wrong that you said before does not make you right.

Madman

Metalmurphy said:
She wasn't wrong if she stated it before the game got canned.
How would we ever be able to validate that information?

On the surface, which is all that we can look at, she was wrong. She retracted the statement, but that doesn't mean she was right all along. She said something that turned out to be false. That's all there is to it.

I'm not claiming this makes her a fake or anything. It just means she was wrong about something.

Madman said:
How would we ever be able to validate that information?

On the surface, which is all that we can look at, she was wrong. She retracted the statement, but that doesn't mean she was right all along. She said something that turned out to be false. That's all there is to it.

I'm not claiming this makes her a fake or anything. It just means she was wrong about something.
No it doesn't. It means we don't know if she was wrong or not. She could either be right on both accounts, or wrong on just one.

As you said it, no way to know it, so no use saying she's IS wrong. You don't know.

Madman

Metalmurphy said:
No it doesn't. It means we don't know if she was wrong or not. She could either be right on both accounts, or wrong on just one.

As you said it, no way to know it, so no use saying she's IS wrong. You don't know.
I agree that we don't know the real answer, but false information is false information. She said there would be a Far Cry made specifcally for the PS3 that was not Far Cry 2. Unless that comes true, she was wrong.

If something like this is allowed to slide, then everything else she claims can slide. All those sequals she has claimed are in the works could be completely false and going by your logic, if she simply says that they aren't coming now, then she wasn't wrong. Unless something that you claimed comes true, you were wrong in your claim.

I mean, it would be like me claiming there will be a Crackdown 2 and then saying later that there won't be one. Does that mean I was not wrong in my first claim?

Shiggy

She's wrong about this:

Which DS titles has Q-Games in development?
--> none

They've got two games in development. (ok, it seems to be only one, the other game "disappeared" / was cancelled?)

Madman said:
I agree that we don't know the real answer, but false information is false information. She said there would be a Far Cry made specifcally for the PS3 that was not Far Cry 2. Unless that comes true, she was wrong.

If something like this is allowed to slide, then everything else she claims can slide. All those sequals she has claimed are in the works could be completely false and going by your logic, if she simply says that they aren't coming now, then she wasn't wrong. Unless something that you claim comes true, you were wrong in your claim.

I mean, it would be like me claiming there will be a Crackdown 2 and then saying later that there won't be one. Does that mean I was not wrong in my first claim?
Wth man oO

If ND says they're gonna make a new Jack and Daxter and you tell a friend of yours about it, and later ND says they've canned the game does that mean you were wrong?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Where the hell is this crap with Sony getting an exclusive Rockstar game? I mean where is it announced and what the hell is it? Is it actually going to be any good? When is it out? I hate this...Unnamed *Insert Company* Project ****:lol

shintoki said:
Where the hell is this crap with Sony getting an exclusive Rockstar game? I mean where is it announced and what the hell is it? Is it actually going to be any good? When is it out? I hate this...Unnamed *Insert Company* Project ****:lol
Sony announced it at E3 and it's not LA Noir. Nothing more is known.

shintoki said:

Jack Tretton originally announced that Rockstar was making an exclusive PS3 game on Game Head and then there was a blog posting on the PSblog that again confirmed it and also mentioned that it wasn't LA Noire as some had speculated.

Mindlog

Madman said:

If something like this is allowed to slide, then everything else she claims can slide. All those sequals she has claimed are in the works could be completely false and going by your logic, if she simply says that they aren't coming now, then she wasn't wrong. Unless something that you claimed comes true, you were wrong in your claim.

So the only credible outlet is our lord and savior Jesus Christ and the infallible Holy Trinity. Or the various other infallible deities of our rich multi-cultural heritage.

You had to give it to him: he had a plan. And it started to make sense, in a Malcolm X sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

-J Edgar Hoover

ps, You guys believe the Rockstar PS3 game is something other than RDR 2?

Madman

Metalmurphy said:
Wth man oO

If ND says they're gonna make a new Jack and Daxter and you tell a friend of yours about it, and later ND says they've canned the game does that mean you were wrong?
That theoretical sitaution is different. If I was an insider and I started telling everyrone there would be a new J&D and that never happens, I would be wrong in my claims.

I guess if all those sequals she claims are being developed get "canceled", she won't be wrong in you eyes. In my eyes, she will be due to the fact that she made false claims.

Madman said:
That theoretical sitaution is different. If I was an insider and I started telling everyrone there would be a new J&D and that never happens, I would be wrong in my claims.

I guess if all those sequals she claims are being developed get "canceled", she won't be wrong in you eyes. In my eyes, she will be due to the fact that she made false claims.
I'm NOT saying she's isn't wrong. I'm saying we can't be sure. And we can't. Period.

What if the game really was canned?

Grrr... nm, this is pointless.

Madman

Metalmurphy said:
I'm NOT saying she's isn't wrong. I'm saying we can't be sure. And we can't. Period.

What if the game really was canned?

Grrr... nm, this is pointless.
I agree to an extent.

We'll never know either way.

Agreed.

There's a new blog along the same lines by "skaterboy." surfer girl seems to think he's credible.

A few of the more interesting rumors:

- At the moment, it's a safe bet that you'll be able to play as both Star Wars characters in both versions of Soul Calibur IV (and that you'll have to pay a few extra bucks to do so via DLC; in fact, I almost expect Namco to pull an "EA," and have the data actually on the discs, which you then pay to unlock).

- An exclusive Metal Gear game on Wii? Totally. Note the lack of the word "Solid."

- Suda 51 and Hideo Kojima's Project 'S' will absolutely result in a new Snatcher game, but not until Suda and Kojima's current projects are done.

- The identity of Factor 5's upcoming Wii game is...Turrican! Nothing from the Thornado era of the game's long development is being used here. Expect some essence of Metroid Prime, mixed with some massive scale, on the order of Shadow of the Colossus.

- Gran Turismo 4 Mobile is most definitely dead.

Activision's Call of Duty 4 has sold 3 million copies in only a month's time, and has been awarded outstanding, 90%+ reviews almost across the board. Meanwhile, EA's Medal of Honor: Airborne sold about a half-million units before completely dropping off the charts, and was met with tepid 75%-ish reviews from most critics. This so-so reception followed a fairly troubled development cycle, which saw the game go over-budget, switch engines halfway through development (from Renderware to UE3), and suffer a nearly year-long delay (after which many players still think that the game feels rushed).

Medal of Honor peaked commercially with 2002's Frontline, which sold well over 7 million copies, and EA is acutely aware of the franchise's dramatic decline in popularity since that game. They know that the series needs a serious shot in the arm. Thus, the next core game in the series, which has been in development at EA Los Angeles since mid-summer, will be distinctly different from it's predecessors. In case you haven't already guessed, yes, EA is taking a page from Activision's playbook, and will be bringing Medal of Honor into the modern era, with the next core game set in, surprise, the Middle East, a few years in the future. In an amusing twist that creates some familial continuity with the other games in the series, the player character will be the grandson of Jimmy Patterson and Manon Batiste.

The game, which doesn't have a concrete subtitle yet but is being referred to internally by the simple codename "Medal of Honor X," will be coming to 360/PS3/PC in winter 2008. There will also be unique versions coming to PSP, DS, and Wii, which will be handled by EA Canada and their resident Team Fusion. Expect an official announcement and first peeks in March or April.

LukeSmith said:
Always two there are.

kkav275.jpg

itxaka said:
Is it that bad? I never get to tried it but I <3 Wild west games.

Well I don't like wild west games so that why I said it'd suck if true. But for those that are into that stuff it'd be a good thing obviously.

Darji

Banned
- The identity of Factor 5's upcoming Wii game is...Turrican! Nothing from the Thornado era of the game's long development is being used here. Expect some essence of Metroid Prime, mixed with some massive scale, on the order of Shadow of the Colossus.

WHAT?

xaosslug

skaterboy said:

:lol

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
skaterboy said:
- The identity of Factor 5's upcoming Wii game is...Turrican! Nothing from the Thornado era of the game's long development is being used here. Expect some essence of Metroid Prime, mixed with some massive scale, on the order of Shadow of the Colossus

Add some rope that can be tied round the bosses legs to make them fall over and this rumour seems extremely plausible.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Factor 5's new game will have:

--Shadow of the Colossus scale
--Uncharted's graphics
--Assassin's Creed gameplay mechanics
--Soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda
--Level design by Miyamoto
--Cameos by Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts characters
--Madden commentary

snoopers

I am multitalented
New post about Killzone 2:

Remember this story? that figure was actually €21 million ($30 million) and it has only gone up from there (by gone up i mean it has doubled to €42 million/$60 million). by the time killzone 2 comes out it will dethrone shenmue as the most expensive video game ever made. the game should have cost the former figure but guerrilla's managerial lacks any sort of financial or work allocation skills, the studio has high turnover and a few other things. because of this incapacity a nice portion of the team at studio cambridge is assisting in development. to top this off the game may be pretty but it's barely mediocre and past the point of no return. the september release date floating around will without doubt be missed if guerrilla sticks to their intention of not releasing the game until its done which will be early next year.

To add to this, over at Insomniac, there is a general feeling of sharp resent towards Guerrilla and Killzone, as they believe that Guerrilla is imbibing the currency whilst they are delivering. In far less time and with less people, Insomniac have a far better title is further along in development. This resent seems justified.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/disaster-you-guerrillas-have-created.html

Top Bottom