• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

WrikaWrek

Banned
snoopers said:

24e98ut.gif

The game looked pretty fun at E3. So the comments about the quality are weird.

And by the time the game releases, costing upwards of 60 million and stepping into shenmue level of budget, wow.

I mean, they HAVE to deliver.

Mrbob

I'll believe that.

Once 2008 finishes, no one will give a shit about Killzone 2 while everyone will be raving about Resistance 2. Killzone 2 has been sent out to die thanks to Insomniac. You can quote me on that.

Alx said:
What is that supposed to mean ??? o_O

That Guerilla's title is sucking up huge amounts of money and apparently isn't showing much for that investment, while Insomniac are doing better work, faster and with a smaller workforce and budget.

If true, I can understand the resentment.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Maybe they are spending all that money on that engine? Is this the curse of the E305 trailer!?

In the never ending struggle to meet the target they forgot what was important!?

karma!?

Dante said:
I welcome both Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 into my home with open arms. kittonwysmile.gif

Out of nowhere.

i'm sorry, i'm late to the surfer girl thing, but reading some of the posts... is it just a good compilation of rumors going on the web, or there's more? (but somehow i'm missing?) did she ever said anything NEW?

Nolan.

Yeah, i'd believe the killzone thing. Also if the thing about insomniac is also true Sony should really start noticing their studios that are delivering. Such as thegamecompany and Insomniac with far less people and in a lesser period.

Dante

WrikaWrek said:
Maybe they are spending all that money on that engine? Is this the curse of the E305 trailer!?

In the never ending struggle to meet the target they forgot what was important!?

karma!?

Out of nowhere.

I don't understand why it has to be one or the other with some people. I'm extremely excited for both and hope they both release this Fall.

Draft

I think Surfer Girl is pretty spot on in terms of news, but I don't put too much stock in her opinions about games, so freak outs are probably premature.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Dante said:
I don't understand why it has to be one or the other with some people. I'm extremely excited for both and hope they both release this Fall.

OOOOHHHH

You were talking about the Kz2 vs Resistance2 :lol

I was seeing a scenario of "Even if the game is shit, it's welcome in my house", which was looking pretty weird. I mean at least in my house shitty games aren't welcome.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yeah I definitely don't think Insomniac is as good as say infinity ward or bungie when it comes to developing FPS games, but they are still leagues and leagues above guerilla. I think sony should shovel all their funds into insomniac. Funny to know that Killzone 2 is going to, how should I say this, follow in the footsteps of its' predecessor?

Kittonwy

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
That Guerilla's title is sucking up huge amounts of money and apparently isn't showing much for that investment, while Insomniac are doing better work, faster and with a smaller workforce and budget.

If true, I can understand the resentment.

Yeah but whatelse is new? That could be said of any of the SCEE teams. Naughty Dog and Insomniac have always delivered more quality games. How many quality console games have SCEE teams done outside of maybe Singstar and Motorstorm?

I don't believe that Story at all.

First off, is it even Guerilla managing the budget or is it Sony? Would Sony even allow that nonsense? Isn't Guerrilla even credited in the thanks section on Insomniac games? The work that Guerilla is doing is being used in several other projects as well so how can it not be paying off? The $21 mil was a estimate not what it was costing back then. $70+ is insane and never gonna happen.

Also, the game will sell great. Even if it sucks. That's hype for you.

Mrbob said:
I'll believe that.

Once 2008 finishes, no one will give a shit about Killzone 2 while everyone will be raving about Resistance 2. Killzone 2 has been sent out to die thanks to Insomniac. You can quote me on that.

Oh people will care, the second KZ2 is shown again in a new location people will start drooling for it just like they were after the last E3. That doesn't mean R2 won't be awesome, but it's not going to make people forget about KZ2 or vice versa.

Ceb

It's funny that even PS3 owners are somehow worried that Killzone 2 will eat into Resistance 2's hype. R2 is a known quantity and KZ2 looks very promising. People should be happy about getting two potentially great games.

I wish these guys would stop posting Wii rumors. It's become quite clear there's not much of worth in development for Wii and getting fans' hopes up is just cruel.

Suikoden, Metal Gear, and "Metroid Prime meets SOTC" Turrican? My First Suikoden: Play n' Spell, Snake Teaches Typing, and Factor5dogs, more likely.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Metalmurphy said:
I don't believe that Story at all.

First off, is it even Guerilla managing the budget or is it Sony? Would Sony even allow that nonsense? Isn't Guerrilla even credited in the thanks section on Insomniac games? The work that Guerilla is doing is being used in several other projects as well so how can it not be paying off? The $21 mil was a estimate not what it was costing back then. $70+ is insane and never gonna happen.

Also, the game will sell great. Even if it sucks. That's hype for you.

I thought the part us gamer had to be concerned with was the quality of the game...

Kittonwy

Banned
Ceb said:
It's funny that even PS3 owners are somehow worried that Killzone 2 will eat into Resistance 2's hype. R2 is a known quantity and KZ2 looks very promising. People should be happy about getting two potentially great games.

I'm more worried for Killzone 2 because Resistance 2 is bringing a totally awesome feature-set that few if any FPS can hope to match.
Indifferent2.gif

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Snah said:
Uh, is Surfer girl proven to always be reliable?

I don't see anything mediocre with KZ2. :/

He didn't say it looked bad. He said it seems to be struggling in the gameplay department. The area where gaf couldn't care less. Therefore, KZ2 is still on pace to be the best game ever.

Dante

Ceb said:

Hey, I'm totally with you, both are in my most wanted games of this year :D

snoopers said:

I'm not exactly well informed about above mentioned blog and it's credentials, so if this is some well known "oracle of truth"-blog please excuse me, but could any of you guys tell me why anyone should believe that? Conveniently doubling the budget? Saying that the lack of quality is why the Cambridge studio is helping out (they lend a helping hand a lot within SCEWWS)?

To me, it sounds like someone just got excited about R2 and the lack of information about KZ2 makes place for rumours like this.

I don't think anything is wrong with KZ2, just because we don't hear anything. And KZ:Liberation proved to me that they are indeed capable of getting better and actually delivering a good piece of software.

Lightning

Banned
All I can say that if Killzone 2 sucks Sony should get rid of Guerilla Games. They are money wasting idiots.

Good graphics does not equal good game.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Kittonwy said:
I'm more worried for Killzone 2 because Resistance 2 is bringing a totally awesome feature-set that few if any FPS can hope to match.
Indifferent2.gif

Agreed. R2 is going to deliver all these awesome goods, with less budget, less time, and better gameplay. THAT, is what will screw KZ2.

Lightning said:
All I can say that if Killzone 2 sucks Sony should get rid of Guerilla Games. They are money wasting idiots.

Good graphics does not equal good game.
Shut up.

Killzone Liberation is one of the best portable games ever :D

stotch

Banned
Resistance 2 will take 2 years, killzone 2 is in its 4th year of development, so killzone costing double to make...isn't surprising. This is like a sensationalist hit-getter post.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Let me just say one thing. This rumor might be bogus, but remember what you say now.

Because we can't just rely on what she says for some stuff and then for other stuff dismiss her.

I've chose to believe in what she says since sometime ago, when the things she says start being BS, then i'll change my opinion. But let's not say "She's been proving very reliable" one day, and then the next day be all like "TO hell with her, how does she know? She doesn't know shit".

Just sayin´

Ceb said:
Let's hope this rumor spreads so it puts pressure on Sony to show something new at GDC. :lol

I'd imagine they want to give R2 the spotlight there. I doubt Sony really cares about any of this stuff, they bought all the time they need with KZ2 after showing it at E3 last year and shutting up so many people.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Snah said:
The gameplay mechanics look really good too. Best use of FPS cover I've seen.

Once again, you keep saying best you've seen. He's not talking about what you see. He's talking about what you PLAY. Face it, KZ2 will seem like a ridiculous money waste when R2 delivers all the goods.

Tideas said:
...because it's the first game that has FPS cover, lol.
Name one FPS that has a REAL FPS cover system. Leaning system != Cover system

squatingyeti said:
Once again, you keep saying best you've seen. He's not talking about what you see. He's talking about what you PLAY. Face it, KZ2 will seem like a ridiculous money waste when R2 delivers all the goods.
Cause 2 great games can't happen right?

And the fact that Guerilla is working on Edge which is being used in several other Sony games is totally making it a waste of money.

Ceb

SolidSnakex said:
I'd imagine they want to give R2 the spotlight there. I doubt Sony really cares about any of this stuff, they bought all the time they need with KZ2 after showing it at E3 last year and shutting up so many people.

Oh yeah, good point about R2. E3 it is then...

Loudninja

SolidSnakex said:

Yep, and people who actually played it found the game fun as well.I guess it time to shut them up again?

What in the hell?

Top Bottom