• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

pswii60

I think SurferGirl has started another one :lol Indiana Dunes this time

http://godofindiana.blogspot.com/

1. Forza 3 is well in to advanced development at Turn 10. Targeted to coincide with GT5's release. Some of the promised tracks for Forza 2 which didn't make it are on the way for Forza 3. Expect it late 2008 / early 2009.
2. PS3 owners will be happy to hear that they can expect in-game XMB in the very early Summer days, but do not expect all features to be available from every existing game unless patches become available (no brainer for first party titles).
3. Crazy Taxi heading to Wii
4. Think Microsoft have been quiet of late? All I can say at this point is... No news is good news. Don Mattrick doesn't waste his time messing about with tattoos.
5. Talking of head-honchos, Phil Harrison's favorite studio Evolution is working hard on Motorstorm 2 as we know. This time however, the game won't be all brown.
6. Despite what you have recently heard on the contrary, Dead Rising remains Xbox 360 exclusive and will be unveiled this year.

Some more stuff on the blog too, ReVolt coming to XBLA?

EDIT: And Wii Klonoa :)

pswii60 said:
I think SurferGirl has started another one :lol Indiana Dunes this time

http://godofindiana.blogspot.com/

Some more stuff on the blog too, ReVolt coming to XBLA?

Perhaps I should start my own rumour blog, everyone else seems to these days :p

I do wonder what Turn10 are up to at the moment, I wonder if MS will ensure they have something to go up against GT5 (if it makes it this year) or if they will pick their battles elsewhere.
Whatever Turn10 are working on, I just hope that they have in-car view this time around, I'm going to miss that moving from PGR4 to F2.

1. Forza 3 is well in to advanced development at Turn 10. Targeted to coincide with GT5's release. Some of the promised tracks for Forza 2 which didn't make it are on the way for Forza 3. Expect it late 2008 / early 2009.

I swear 'SurferGirl' already said Forza 3 was due in spring 2008...

4. Think Microsoft have been quiet of late? All I can say at this point is... No news is good news. Don Mattrick doesn't waste his time messing about with tattoos.

I hope we get some good stuff, starting to get annoyed at lack of information on their 2008titles!

6. Despite what you have recently heard on the contrary, Dead Rising remains Xbox 360 exclusive and will be unveiled this year.

So... first the rumours are "PS3 exclusive" then multiplatform, now 360 exclusive again? Im going with multiplatform tbh.

Doc Evils

LOL @ trying to release forza next Gran Turismo.

Grade A suicide. Visually too.
Nom nom nom

no way they would do it. typical surferguy bs.

Defuser

Forza 3 sent to die confirmed.

Busty

Banned
SurferGirl said:

:lol ...wh...what? How the fuck is that a rumour?

:lol She's basically saying.... there's nothing to report...and that's a good thing?

SurferGirl said:
5. Talking of head-honchos, Phil Harrison's favorite studio Evolution is working hard on Motorstorm 2 as we know. This time however, the game won't be all brown.

:lol Great. Motorstorm2. Maybe have a colour other than brown.

Please. It seems clear to me now that there simply isn't enough 'news' to warrant writing a column a few times a week.

SurferGirl has clearly shot her insider wad and is now just conjuring shit out of thin air.

Busty said:
:lol ...wh...what? How the fuck is that a rumour?

:lol She's basically saying.... there's nothing to report...and that's a good thing?

:lol Great. Motorstorm2. Maybe have a colour other than brown.

Please. It seems clear to me now that there simply isn't enough 'news' to warrant writing a column a few times a week.

SurferGirl has clearly shot her insider wad and is now just conjuring shit out of thin air.

Here is an idea for you, READ the thread and stop picking quotes out of people's posts.

Busty

Banned
Dear SurferGirl.

RE: My recent post. I was angry. I acted in haste. I sullied your good name when in fact it was the act of another and not you.

Let's use this to clean the slate and start anew.

Yours Busty.

sionyboy said:
Here is an idea for you, READ the thread and stop picking quotes out of people's posts.

Cry moar Sweetheart.

pswii60

Busty said:
Dear SurferGirl.

RE: My recent post. I was angry. I acted in haste. I sullied your good name when in fact it was the act of another and not you.

Let's use this to clean the slate and start anew.

Yours Busty.

Cry moar Sweetheart.

Busty, ya need to keep up to date man! There's SurferGirl, Skaterboy, Dancing Queen and Indiana Dunes :lol

Hammer24

Banned
pswii60 said:
Busty, ya need to keep up to date man! There's SurferGirl, Skaterboy, Dancing Queen and Indiana Dunes :lol

Someone should start a blog to keep us up-to-date with all those blogs...

Doc Evils

Cardon said:
I think Surfer Girl has spawned yet another spin-off or copycat blog with the latest being Motorcyle Boy.

http://mcboydiaries.blogspot.com/

My thoughts on SG are a bit mixed. While I do think "she" does have some connections in the industry I think most of the time her posts are just filled with logical guesses or old rumors changed around a bit.

For a laugh let's analyze some of her recent posts:

1) Facebreaker is the successor to Fight Night (it did start as a Fight Night Round 4/Fight Night 08, but evolved into something more unique), but do not fear as it is does not disregard the strong gameplay of its predecessor. Unlike the terrible Prizefighter, all people who have made significant contributions to Facebreaker are actually getting paid and are credited.

This isn't true. FN4 is still in the works under EA Canada. Why would they dump a valuable property for a new one when they can cover two aspects of the sports market and have the boxing genre on lock?

2) Resistance 2 trailer next month (you are probably reading this in February, so later this month), as well seeing the game (which looks amazing) in action in non-trailer form.

Didn't she say Resistance wasn't looking that hot at one time? I guess seeing those pics in Game Informer changed her mind. And should we be surprised that we're going to see Resistance 2 media this month considering that GDC is upon us and that's where Resistance: FOM had it's premier in playable form?

3) Yes, Onimusha 5 is coming out next year for PS360. So are Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2.

OMG you're telling me Capcom is going to follow up two of the biggest next-gen games with sequels!?!? And Capcom is going to release a new Onimusha perhaps in time with the release of the live-action film? I think we all knew these games were going to happen at some point, it's just a matter of whether they're coming out in 2009 or 2010.

5) Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and God of War: Chains of Olympus will appear on PS2 by the end of the year.

she should really try harder.

6) Sony Bend has another PSP Syphon Filter title for the fall, storyline ties into some game coming out next year (SF PS3).

Another massive revealtion none of us knew until SG told us. rolleyes.gif. Perhaps she should be interested to know that SF PS3 is going to be the first major game on the console to feature episodic content.

Got to admit that he has a point.:lol

though number 6 is interesting.

WHAT

surfergal said:
The title that Randy Pitchford was hyping today a video game adaptation of Willa Cather's One of Ours featuring a science-fiction twist and is set in the Halo universe.

So Gearbox should be working on an Halo game? Ooooohhh well

I think surfer girl will be responsible for blogger posting higher than expected profits this year. How many copycat sites can one person inspire?

I'm looking forward to Tiddly-Winks Grandpa....actually...that gives me an idea...:lol

pswii60

More from Indiana

1. Nick Burton and the Rare team that brought you Jetpac for XBLA are currently working on a fresh HD update to Lunar Jetman.
2. Wardevil is still in development at Ignition/Digi-Guys and remains a PS3 exclusive. They are also working on a full length separate 'Wardevil' Blu-Ray movie.

Busty

Banned
SurferGirl said:
The title that Randy Pitchford was hyping today a video game adaptation of Willa Cather's One of Ours featuring a science-fiction twist and is set in the Halo universe.

I wouldn't get too excited about this. The other rumours in this update of hers include a video game based on JUNO.

slider

VonGak! said:
http://forums.e-mpire.com/showpost.php?p=1809841&postcount=189

A really cool guy who works as programmer for Crystal Dynamics. CPi also posts at B3D but I forgot his alias.

Anyway, if you like tech and such then dig through his posting history. ^.^ It's worth it and he usually cut the things out in paper for us.

ShootMyMonkey at B3D if anyone wants to look up any of his previous posts. I haven't read his stuff recently but I must say he doesn't seem to have a flag planted in any camp (if you care about that sort of thing).

Busty

Banned
Luckyman said:
Where are people getting addresses to these blogs? :lol

Dumdum..

Once again it seems to be GAF----Interweb--------GAF. We should really just take out the middle man in this equation.

We should all make a pact that if someone on GAF decides to start one of these blogs, and at this point that's probably a certainty, we should call it Tranny Surprise.

The info wouldn't be any more legit, but I suspect the number of unique hits would (worringly) be through the roof.

Darji

Banned
2. Wardevil is still in development at Ignition/Digi-Guys and remains a PS3 exclusive. They are also working on a full length separate 'Wardevil' Blu-Ray movie.

its published by Sony so sure that it will be exclusive^^

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
:lol at all the blogs. Skateboy's latest rumor set is like Captain Obvious Rollcall, and the two new blogs are making it even easier for the internet to laugh at us.

pswii60 said:
Are you sure it is being published by Sony? Where did you read that? ^^
It's not.

Last i heard they are still looking for a publisher but they said they wanted to start the new ip [wardevil] to be ps3 exclusive. [or at least do the game for the ps3 first]

--

But damn, how many blogs have been added to this SG thread? :lol

pswii60

DMPrince said:
It's not.

Last i heard they are still looking for a publisher but they said they wanted to start the new ip [wardevil] to be ps3 exclusive. [or at least do the game for the ps3 first]

--

But damn, how many blogs have been added to this SG thread? :lol

If they're making a movie too, sounds like they may already have a publisher. Who knows, I'm sure time will tell.

Darji

Banned
pswii60 said:
Are you sure it is being published by Sony? Where did you read that? ^^
there was an Interview a long time ago

Sony outsources IT development to India
http://www.news.com/Sony-outsources-IT-development-to-India/2100-1012_3-6142005.html

and on the same Day Digi guyes released this announcement.

http://www.agencyfaqs.com/media/media_newslets/Media/11332.html

Says Andy Whitehurst, the Creative Director spearheading 'War Devil', "The project is being developed exclusively for the Sony Playstation3(tm) and we're excited to be associated with Sony's next generation system.

So I am pretty sure that its published by Sony Europe.
http://www.playstationfront.de/news-472-1009-WarDevil__Unleash_the_Beast_Within.html

pn18 said:
However, this could be the best game since Peggle. Srsly.

Oh man, when Peggle gets to XBLA, the whole world will be getting Ode to Joy'd. It'll be awesome.

Here's my rumor: Gals Panic on XBLA/PSN. Not true at all, but exactly what I want to hear.

Top Bottom