• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

DuckRacer

Doc Evils said:
Got to admit that he has a point.:lol

though number 6 is interesting.
To be fair, SG never said Resistance 2 looked like shit, (s)he just posted a screenshot from an 8-month-old build while saying it's from an 8-month-old build.

This blog (Liquid Karma) screams fake, though.

1. Treyarch's James Bond game is not based on the upcoming Bond film Quantum of Solace but instead is an original Bond story.
2. Eight Days is still in development and will be at E3 this year.
3. Sony has pushed development of The Getaway 3 to the side given the release of this small indie game called GTAIV and Sony wanting to push Infamous as their big sandbox game of 2008.
No shit! I could make these rumors.
1. Too bad that EA canceled Road Rash, especially considering that EA Europe, more notably, Criterion was developing the game.
SG already said that.
2. With films based on video games still being popular it seems that Fox Atomic, the brand of Fox films geared towards teens and young adults, is taking a stab in the genre with the plans for a Grand Theft Auto film in the works.
3. The main reason behind the delays for Free Radical's Haze is that besides the game being a bit meh the studio is pulling staff members from Haze to work on Star Wars Battlefront 3 which is scheduled for a holiday 2008 release.
The only thing this guy actually goes out on a limb with is the GTA movie, and that's it.

It's actually hilarious that he slams SG for making "easy rumors" (for a lack of a better term) and the like yet everything he's saying is obvious.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Mr. Pointy said:
Would not surprise me in the slightest. Or a Crazy Taxi Compilation or something equally lazy. Heaven forbid we get a Crazy Taxi 4.
A Crazy Taxi compilation would be nice, but that's just me. :D

Johnas

3. Speaking of Square Enix, DQ4 is definitely coming to the US and Square is planning on bringing DQ5 over as well.

Never really doubted it, but this rumor is really the only bit of information we've gotten at all regarding these (besides the partial DQIV translation), so I'm happy to see this.

If only they'd make some sort of semi-announcement. Maybe possibly something at GDC?

Busty

Banned
2. With films based on video games still being popular it seems that Fox Atomic, the brand of Fox films geared towards teens and young adults, is taking a stab in the genre with the plans for a Grand Theft Auto film in the works.

This is totally false.

There was nearly a deal done with a major Hollywood studio last year but the deal fell apart at the last moment.

Take2 and Rockstar then had a change of heart and the whole thing fell through.

End of story.

Busty

Banned
MrTroubleMaker said:
I vote for a Busty blog :D

The Internet is no place for the angry, barely understandable rantings of a sexually frustrated, nerd working in the media.

.....wait a minute.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
wait a minute... surfergirl says dead rising is xbox exclusive? BS she said just a short while ago that it was going multi-plat along with lost planet 2.

Busty

Banned
msdstc said:
wait a minute... surfergirl says dead rising is xbox exclusive? BS she said just a short while ago that it was going multi-plat along with lost planet 2.

Same mistake I made. That was one of her 'offspring' rather than 'her'.

There are so many, saying so many different things who can keep track. Srly.

Hammer24

Banned
Busty said:
The Internet is no place for the angry, barely understandable rantings of a sexually frustrated, nerd working in the media.

.....wait a minute.

Just come out of the closet already and admit which of these blogs is yours... :p

Busty said:
I wouldn't get too excited about this. The other rumours in this update of hers include a video game based on JUNO.

:lol

Oh, man. Pretty sure she's just a renegade Tom Scharpling fan at this point. His call-in topic this week was Movies That Should Be Made Into Games But Haven't Been.

At this point she's just having a laugh, clearly.

Mojovonio

Banned
kbear said:
Brand new blog up. This one actually sounds kind of legit.

link

3.) The next Xbox is also well underway in development and there's several names already being thrown around at Redmond, including "Xbox Future" and "Xbox Vision". Microsoft has wisely decided to forgo any visual cues of a hardware failure this time around -- meaning, no more 'red ring of death' notice. What they've implemented instead is a built-in Inkjet printer that automatically prints out a prepaid UPS packing slip once your console fails, reducing turnaround by an average of three days.

I said WOW

this guy knows his shit.

DuckRacer

3.) The next Xbox is also well underway in development and there's several names already being thrown around at Redmond, including "Xbox Future" and "Xbox Vision". Microsoft has wisely decided to forgo any visual cues of a hardware failure this time around -- meaning, no more 'red ring of death' notice. What they've implemented instead is a built-in Inkjet printer that automatically prints out a prepaid UPS packing slip once your console fails, reducing turnaround by an average of three days.
*claps*

Someone needs to make a word doc or post or blog or website or something to keep track of all the rumors SG, Dancing Queen, SkaterBoy, and Kansas Dunes put out, and see which rumors are real and fake. Who's up for it?

Quazar

Duck said:
*claps*

Someone needs to make a word doc or post or blog or website or something to keep track of all the rumors SG, Dancing Queen, SkaterBoy, and Kansas Dunes put out, and see which rumors are real and fake. Who's up for it?

I vote you my friend.

Keikoku

Banned
none of these bloggers spoke about that ?
45819927bad59038d642e4c5a2c92.jpg

Oh wow, I can't wait for Klonoa Wii, Suikoden Wii, Kingdom Hearts 3, Megaman Wii, and all the other fake bullshit these blogs promise! Awesome!

VonGak! said:
Wow, is it Tekken, a new franchise or home made (by a very talented person)?EDIT: Damned, it's a Wii title :(

It's Breakdown, and if a sequel were to turn out to be on the Wii people would go apeshit.

AltogetherAndrews said:
No, for making it the best experience possible. First person gaming of the Breakdown type deserves Wii controls.

Breakdown was all about immersion as it was one of the few first person games to be more some floating body parts. I'd imagine that could only be enhanced with the PS3 and 360. Mirrors Edge is doing a good job of showing that.

VonGak!

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's Breakdown, and if a sequel were to turn out to be on the Wii people would go apeshit.

This is how I wanted Tekken to look, the Namco Tekken taem better pull teir act together when another Namco team can make a shooter+fighter look like this.

Top Bottom