• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Interesting on Fatal Frame. Nintendo has FFIV locked up, so if she is right, that would mean FFV 360/PS3 is already in the planning stages.

Dever

Banned
Well, the Ps2 port of Twisted Metal: Head on IS coming in in 2008. Like, in a few days from now. She could have meant that. I can see her giving such an answer because the question was so vague.

KZObsessed

In regards to the Twisted Metal comment, she probably meant 2008 = TM: Head On PS2, 2009 = Twisted Metal PS3 (Blu-Ray/PSN)

edit: ^^ beaten yeh

Busty

Banned
Dever said:
Well, the Ps2 port of Twisted Metal: Head on IS coming in in 2008. Like, in a few days from now. She could have meant that. I can see her giving such an answer because the question was so vague.

That's true. I assumed that she wasn't referring to that seeing as it's so close to release, but you're right. Seeing as the question was so vague to begin with so could very well have been referencing that.

Feindflug

Darji said:
according to surfergirl GDC will be pact with games^^

1. MotorStorm 2 (yes)
2. Alan Wake (yes)
3. Socom (possible)
4. Wipeout HD (possible)
5. Too Human (yes)
6. Infamous (yes)
7. LittleBigPlanet (yes)
8. MGS 4 (possible)
9. KillZone 2 (yes)
10. Gears of War 2 (yes)

edit: Oh and:

Fatal Frame is coming to next-gen, calm down.

That's sounds awesome but I'm not holding my breath because I don't want to be disappointed - this is too good to be true - anyway I guess we'll see in about 15 days.

Dever

Banned
Lightning said:
We better get a release date for Metal Gear Solid 4 at GDC. I will be so pissed if we don't...

Wasn't it already confirmed that we'll get it in late this month? GDC seems like the obvious pick.

stotch

Banned
beerbelly said:
Too Human :lol

I am guessing Banjo Threeie will not be shown since there's been no hint about it at all.

SG said in the comments section that Banjo gameplay will be at GDC, but i don't know which post it was under.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
schuelma said:
Interesting on Fatal Frame. Nintendo has FFIV locked up, so if she is right, that would mean FFV 360/PS3 is already in the planning stages.
Arghhh damnit. I didn't read the last page, so it looked like you were talking about Final Fantasy. :(

schuelma

kiruyama said:
I don't see how they could be making two Fatal Frame games so closely together unless one is a gaiden? Or will it be outsourced?

The skeptic in me thinks the Wii game is going to be the spinoff, but I imagine Nintendo wouldn't be publishing/producing if that was the case........right??

JDSN

Banned
schuelma said:
The skeptic in me thinks the Wii game is going to be the spinoff, but I imagine Nintendo wouldn't be publishing/producing if that was the case........right??

It could be something like Code Veronica of the Resident Evil series, a canonical exclusive game for one console while the one were it started keeps getting the numbered games, but im sure she is wrong, especially because she still thinks Grasshopper's next game is on the 360.

schuelma

Madman said:
Where are you guys getting this info? There are no answers from her in the comments of the latest post. Deleted?

Hmm..she appears to have deleted her responses in the comments section.

wsippel

Banned
schuelma said:
I doubt it. But there are other possibilities, like remakes or spinoffs. The most likely one is that she's simply wrong, though...

wsippel

Banned
schuelma said:
Maybe the account was compromised once again, and someone tried to spread bullshit rumors. So many big games announced/ revealed at GDC? I highly doubt it...

Madman

wsippel said:
Maybe the account was compromised once again, and someone tried to spread bullshit rumors. So many big games announced/ revealed at GDC? I highly doubt it...
Looking at the blog again, she added something to the end of the post that seems to confirm she made a mistake.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm not sure if this has been said already:

But could Retro's Zelda spinoff be an update of Raven Blade with Sheik in it?

Busty

Banned
schuelma said:

SurferGirl said:
update note to self don't answer things when half-asleep leaves rooom for error
note to self don't type things when half-awake leaves room for errorr
note to self proofread
note to self go back to sleep

This isn't going to end well.

kbear

schuelma said:
Madman said:
Looking at the blog again, she added something to the end of the post that seems to confirm she made a mistake.
SurferGirl said:
note to self proofread
Wow, this is obvious bullshit now. 'Surfergirl' has been owned and exposed. The sad thing is she's made her way all across the gaming web. I saw tons of posts at the official Killzone forum asking about that rumor from the other day.

deepbrown

note to self proofread

Ah the irony :lol

JDSN

Banned
wsippel said:

Or maybe she realized that her bullshit contradicts her past bullshit and had to erase her bullshit post.

Salazar

If MS are publishing Project Offset, and don't at the very least say so at GDC, I will be horrified. FFS - the viral tagline was "A Storm Is Coming". ALL I SEE IS BLUE FUCKING SKIES MS

schuelma

I think SF has a couple of very good sources- she's been spot on more than a few things. But she also says a lot of stuff that is complete crap- whether by design or not, I do not know.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Once she predicted a game from Ubisoft would be bad, and once she predicted a game from Sony would launch in September 2008, which turned out to be true.

Also once she posted nine month old pictures of PoP Next Gen and an unidentifiable "resistance 2" screenshot.

Busty

Banned
It would appear that SurferGirl has reposted her comments with 'adjustments'.

Darji said:
according to surfergirl GDC will be pact with games^^

1. MotorStorm 2 (yes)
2. Alan Wake (yes)
3. Socom (possible)
4. Wipeout HD (possible)
5. Too Human (yes)
6. Infamous (yes)
7. LittleBigPlanet (yes)
8. MGS 4 (possible)
9. KillZone 2 (yes)
10. Gears of War 2 (yes)

This considerable list has been condensed into.......

SurferGirl said:
: 2/5/10, yes. Others, no.

Hmmm, that's quite a step back.

SurferGirl said:
Fatal Frame is coming to next-gen, calm down.

Has now become.....

SurferGirl said:
No, calm down.

Though 'she' did clarify her Twisted Metal comments, citing the two titles were indeed 'Head On' for the PS2 and a PSN version next year.

There are a couple of other nuggets in there (including some very grim Mother related news) this week. Catch them before they are edited again.

EDIT - The above was my 3500 post here on GAF. I know that no one cares. But still, I edit.

Roat

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
She's saying LBP and Wipeout HD won't be shown at GDC? Somehow I really doubt that, but if it happens, rep +100. If not, rep -500

She's backed it both ways now hasn't she?

Roat said:
She's backed it both ways now hasn't she?
Well, she edited them so we should ignore the first claims.

Busty said:
EDIT - The above was my 3500 post here on GAF. I know that no one cares. But still, I edit.
You made me look up how many I did, didn't knew GAF tracked that, and apparently this is my 4000th post. :lol Talk about coincidence.

lulz514.jpg

Holycrap, 10 posts a day, I gotta stop wasting this much time here.

Borys

Banned
SurferLiar said:
note to self proofread

:lol @ people still believing her

Busty

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
You made me look up how many I did, didn't knew GAF tracked that, and apparently this is my 4000th post. :lol Talk about coincidence.

lulz514.jpg

Holycrap, 10 posts a day, I gotta stop wasting this much time here.

:lol ...that's weird.

Yeah, I know what you mean, 3500 (or even 4000 for that matter) posts doesn't really seem like a lot, but compared to some posters, it is.

We appear to be the happy medium. :D

pswii60

Busty said:
:lol ...that's weird.

Yeah, I know what you mean, 3500 (or even 4000 for that matter) posts doesn't really seem like a lot, but compared to some posters, it is.

We appear to be the happy medium. :D

You obviously have too much time on your hands!

(5,710 posts)

ZeroTolerance

We all know Surfer Girl, but she says someone else can also be trusted: Skater Boy. He also replies to questions and this results into the following rumors:

- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles will get a sequel.
- We will see the in-game XMB for the PlayStation 3 between april and june.
- Nine to Twelve months after the PSP release from Secret Agent Clank, developer High Impact Games will bring the game to the PlayStation 2.
- Iron Lore has plans to make more Titan Quest games, but they are not working on it right now.
- Square Enix is working on a MMO for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The game will have nothing to do with Final Fantasy XI, an announcement will follow very soon.
- Ubisoft doesn't have plans to make a sequel to XIII.
- Volition is working hard on Saints Row 2, so there isn't much room for Red Faction 3 right now. Because of this, the game won't make 2008, but we could see a teaser at this years E3.
- The Dirty Harry game is cancelled but Warner Bros. is looking for a developer to start the development again.
- After Condemned 2 and Project Origin, developer Monolith could work on No One Lives Forever 3, but it will be released under another name.

VonGak!

Banned
G4life98 said:
whats funny..it seems like atlest 30-40% of sg's predictions hit the mark and we get new morsels every few days.

whats the problem?

It's nice that anonymous SG gives us snippets of info blocked by NDAs.

The problem starts when SG mix in her/his/their/its own speculations and thoughts into the facts without marking them as such.

It's especially an issue when it comes to comments about inside issues in studios and the quality of games as the anonymity which allows SG to break NDA hinders us in knowing the person's background and bias.

deepbrown

ZeroTolerance said:
We all know Surfer Girl, but she says someone else can also be trusted: Skater Boy. He also replies to questions and this results into the following rumors:

- Square Enix is working on a MMO for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The game will have nothing to do with Final Fantasy XI, an announcement will follow very soon.
=

Oh and so someone else calls it...I had this info last year.

Top Bottom