• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 32: Kaôh Rng |OT| Anything that can Kaôh Rng, will.

vypek

Still, if he had it on him, he could have quickly dropped it where he was getting checked out by medical and then whispered the location to Aubry, right?

Back during One World, Jeff told Colton that he could, but he chose to keep it as a souvenir anyway.

This was my thought but I figured in the shock/disappoint of getting pulled from the game that he didn't consider it.

NYR

You can really tell the effort they made last year with the all star season to ensure health wasn't a problem, pretty crazy watching it in reverse.

Aubrey definitely got saved. Neal could of gone far in the game. But one survivor hit it right on the mark thinking Scot's going deep into the game because he's really not playing for the money.

Winner confessional at the end there by Aubry. Such a great quote to boot. Hoping her and the other brains can turn things around on the brawns. Cydnee's ok, but those other douches have to go.

Aubry is my favorite behind Tai, so while I feel bad for Neal, I'm happy she dodged that bullet. At least he gets to go to the jury.

RE: personal season rankings, I wasn't crazy about last season (too self-aware for my tastes)

I liked last season, but I definitely agree that there was way too much lecturing from Stephen about the game.

Unison

Aubrey has had an amazing arc this season... I hope she gets at least one big move before she goes.

A true pity about Neal, on such a pivotal episode.... I really wish the producers waited 3 hours to pull Neal, since that vote was critical.

kirblar

Aubrey has had an amazing arc this season... I hope she gets at least one big move before she goes.

A true pity about Neal, on such a pivotal episode.... I really wish the producers waited 3 hours to pull Neal, since that vote was critical.
They don't have room for multiple double votes, they already used their double elim earlier than they wanted when Caleb left.

Unison

They don't have room for multiple double votes, they already used their double elim earlier than they wanted when Caleb left.

Definitely lame though.... and if it just sets up a Pagoning of the brains, it's really not in the best interests of the show... That scenario is never interesting. Maybe an evacuation after the vote and another twist would have been a better approach... These random evacuations really undercut the ability of these players to play. Hopefully some of them get second chances.

Of course, it's distinctly possible that Neal would have just idoled himself and Aubrey would have gotten the boot this episode, with Neal next week had there been no evacuation, so I can't really complain too much....

I knew to expect evacuations this season because Mark Burnett blabbed about them in an interview a year ago, but they are never a great outcome for the show or for the contestants. Sad all around.

TheYanger

Winner confessional at the end there by Aubry. Such a great quote to boot. Hoping her and the other brains can turn things around on the brawns. Cydnee's ok, but those other douches have to go.

Aubry is my favorite behind Tai, so while I feel bad for Neal, I'm happy she dodged that bullet. At least he gets to go to the jury.

I liked last season, but I definitely agree that there was way too much lecturing from Stephen about the game.

Yeah Aubry is totally gonna end up being the hero.

Just finished San Juan Del Sur (in less than four days), outside of the full reunion hour.

What a great season. Nat deserved to win. I think I remember reading she had, but am glad I mostly forgot. Reed was right about Missy, and Jacqueline didn't do enough, although she had an amazing body.

Keith was a bit rude at times, but was awesome as things got going. Jeremy was the same.

I could see SJDS being enjoyable to watch if you binged it all. That'd make it a lot easier to get over that awful pre-merge.

RE: Neal's HII, according to Probst, he could've handed it off to Aubry if he'd wanted to:

Because we were aware he had an idol and knew he might want to give it to someone, either in public or in private, we discussed this beforehand. Our decision was yes, he would have been allowed to give his idol to someone and here’s why – he didn’t know he was going to be pulled from the game. The decision to pull someone is made by a doctor after examining in private and that’s not anything Neal should be expected to anticipate. So once he was pulled, it seemed fair to let him do or say whatever he wanted on his way out. I actually thought he would do it.

kirblar

Yeah, Neal basically saying he was pissy and selfish at the time and then got wracked with guilt. I'm sure he could have handed it to Jeff for production to deliver in a confessional too given the weird circumstances.

These people are bad at Survivor, and this season pales in comparison to San Juan Del Sur, plus South Pacific.

Jason and Scot are stupid for how drunkenly open they were. Deb's an idiot for being so brazen and confident.

Eugh.

EDIT: Poor Neal, but why wouldn't he have given Aubrey his idol? That's really selfish.

kirblar

SJDS was fillllllled with awful players. Most newbie seasons will be.

The key is that they play hard, which this cast is doing. S30's did not.

The bad play was made San Juan del Sur so great and memorable.

"Stick to the plan"

Jon constantly flipping on his alliance

Drew "Basically I'm a badass" Christie

The whole mess of a tribal council where they voted him out with votes in every direction

Keith telling everyone Jeremy had the idol, and then going back and finding it while everyone was talking about that

Wes and Alec having an actual gross off right in front of the woman whose vote they needed.

Josh trying to tell Baylor that she owed him being in an alliance.

Reed calling Baylor a brat in front of everyone.

Such terrible game play. But it made for a really fun season to watch, and everyone was without a doubt out there to play hard.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First season of Survivor I've watched in a decade, I'm assuming from the twitter accounts the season has already played out, it's not happening in real time like Big Brother?

kirblar

Are spoilers a big deal then? Or are they easily avoidable?
For old seasons, easy to avoid.

There were very few spoilers for this thread until the CBS fuckup recently, so just avoid comments sections. And avoid watching S31, its a second chance season, will spoil a bunch of earlier seasons.

omg_mjd

With Neal's idol presumably gone I guess another one might be planted on the island? I hope Aubrey gets it and plays it vs Scot/Tai/Jason and we'll get to see whether a superidol gets played to counter it.

kirblar

With Neal's idol presumably gone I guess another one might be planted on the island? I hope Aubrey gets it and plays it vs Scot/Tai/Jason and we'll get to see whether a superidol gets played to counter it.
In a 3-idol season 2 need to be KOed before a fresh one enters.

Talonz

I'm surprised they don't get check out daily to be honest. It just seems like it's a matter of time that they don't catch something in time. Couple hours if it gets into his joints? Holy fuck... that's not to mention the ear bug form earlier this season. I was cringing praying she didn't lose her hearing in that ear. I was legit wtf get out there and check. Those camera people have to have a duty to report stuff like that for medical reasons.

It's shame we are losing such good competitors this season. Caleb and Neal had a good game going on.

Grexeno

NxJfe7q.gif

15 minutes until the ACTUAL merge episode!

Top Bottom