• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden-GAF |OT| I'd Say It's Pretty Lagom

Rotmos med fläsklägg > all that crap.

fl%C3%A4skl%C3%A4gg_rotmos.jpg

So awesome that one can not express it in words.
Oh yes.

Raggmunkar med fläsk.
raggmunkar.jpg
I can actually taste it. Need to get some supplies and do this tomorrow.

Kamaji

Thanks so much, especially for the apartment info. Do you know if there's any housing website with built in google maps like www.padmapper.com? Prices are not as bad as I was expecting so that's a big plus.

And thanks to everyone else who gave suggestions as well. It's a big decision but one that I'm definitely leaning toward at the moment. I'll be in and out of this thread with questions in the future.

Not really to be honest. But both cities are quite compact so you just have to decide on which neighbourhood and pick something. For example: My parents flat in Lund is 0.9km from the central station in Lund in one direction and 1km from fields (where Lund ends) in the opposite direction.

berg ark

Fråga till folk som köper många böcker online:

Vilken är den snabbaste och billigaste internetbokhandeln som du använder?
Amazon.co.uk är ganska snabb men krångligt med tull, använde precis Adlibris, tog 3 dagar sedan jag beställde, var relativt billigt 100 kr för en "hardcover" bok på 350 sidor.

Kamaji

Amazon.co.uk är ganska snabb men krångligt med tull, använde precis Adlibris, tog 3 dagar sedan jag beställde, var relativt billigt 100 kr för en "hardcover" bok på 350 sidor.

Adlibris eller Bokus. Tycker inte att Amazon eller andra utländska sidor lönar sig så mycket längre och frakten är ju sjukt mycket segare.

Everything is relative to what you are used to i guess =) My mom moved back to the arctic circle when she divorced my dad because she found stockholm "too hectic", a friend of mine from new york loves Stockholm because she finds it "quaint and tranquil"..

Personally i think it's both and that's why i love it so much! Stockholm you beautiful metropolitan global village! <3<3<3
Yeah, having lived on the country for 22 years has made me love it, the open fields, the forests, the horses, everything is perfect except when you want to go to the stores and is out partying. :)

squared

En tråd jag missat ju..

Någon mer än mig själv som representerar Hälsingland? Har inte orkat läsa hela tråden..

ttk

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

Fast. Cheap. Free delivery worldwide.
Easily the best.

Ledsen

Haha :D

Båda vi är från Ljusdal.

English
We both are from Ljusdal

and you haven't answered me re: Hälsingland meetup! neither has anyone else though, so I guess putting it at the bottom of the OP was a stupid idea... maybe I should make a new thread... or not, that seems excessive. I'll just paste the list in this thread later, and then post it on every new page or something until we have a few people. Unless you don't want to meet your feelow GAF:ers for a beer and some shit-talking!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I tried learning some Swedish last year, and then downloaded the audio files and PDF from some site a GAFer linked to. I think it's a great language, although plurals didn't make much sense to me. I mean they did, but why you so many! I don't know if I'll continue with it again, but at least I'm able to pronounce the R fairly well, since I know Spanish. :p

Fake edit: Found the link to the thread.

fanboi

Banned
Ooooops, I did read it ENTIRELY, sorry 'bout that!

Nej, du skojar... ? Seriöst?

REVEAL YOURSELF!

You aswell?

Dear god...

Ljusdal new capital of NeoGAF

EDIT: Well there are pictures of me and my family on this site... but I don't know who Ledsen is, a mystery!

Ledsen

Alright so here it is, don't let me down guys, let's crush the myth of the asocial norrlänning :)

HÄLSINGLAND MEETUP

add your username, dates you are available, and city you would prefer. We'll probably just go out for a beer or some food and talk, or if anyone would like to volunteer their home that's fine too... unless you're creepy.

1. Ledsen (any fri/sat in september/october are fine I think) - Ljusdal

squared

Haha wow, I would've never though that there'd be (at least) THREE Ljusdalsbor on GAF.. how small is this world, really?

2. squared (most of the fridays and saturdays works for me too) - Ljusdal

You aswell?

Dear god...

Ljusdal new capital of NeoGAF

EDIT: Well there are pictures of me and my family on this site... but I don't know who Ledsen is, a mystery!

Yeah, but have over 7k posts, not like I'm going to search through them :p But I think I can figure out your name based on your PSN ID :)

antipod

I tried learning some Swedish last year, and then downloaded the audio files and PDF from some site a GAFer linked to. I think it's a great language, although plurals didn't make much sense to me. I mean they did, but why you so many! I don't know if I'll continue with it again, but at least I'm able to pronounce the R fairly well, since I know Spanish. :p

Fake edit: Found the link to the thread.

The plurals aren't that hard to learn. There aren't that many of them and they usually depend on how the singular ends. The hard part is to learn which gender the word has (common or neuter) as they are a bit random... :p The gender might influence the plural.

At least the verbs are really easy.

KAOz

Short bus special
Wow, so many Norrlänningar på GAF.

I will read all your posts in broken norrländska now. Urk.

But tell me, how is internet working there? Are you hooking it up to stones, or snow, or bjärvar or something? Or do you just wish really hard and it works?
Didn't think lappkåtor had electricity.

Jag skojar. Jag älskar er NorrGAF.

jorma

is now taking requests
Wow, so many Norrlänningar på GAF.

I will read all your posts in broken norrländska now. Urk.

But tell me, how is internet working there? Are you hooking it up to stones, or snow, or bjärvar or something? Or do you just wish really hard and it works?
Didn't think lappkåtor had electricity.

Jag skojar. Jag älskar er NorrGAF.

Hmm jag har alltid trott att Örebro låg i Norrland typ.

/Stockholmare

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
can somebody explain me from historical point of view why Sweden isn't religious?

KAOz

Short bus special
Hmm jag har alltid trott att Örebro låg i Norrland typ.

/Stockholmare

.....skämt? Snälla. :p

Nah, we are basically the middle of Sweden damnit. "Heart of Sweden" and all that. Back in the days, we where the town that connected all cities all over the country. The number one trading city more or less.

Shiet man, only got 2 hours by train to reach Stockholm.

I miss Stockholm though. Used to live there a few years back. Kind of miss it. Lived in Älvsjö. Moved there from Örebro, then back again after a year.

Ryo

Not going deep into any analysis of religion in Sweden I can point out the fact that we are quite secular is a rather new phenomenon. The generation of my grand parents (born around 1915) where very much a religious generation with things as Sunday mass attendance almost mandatory.

Paertan

can somebody explain me from historical point of view why Sweden isn't religious?

odin-vs.-jesus.jpg

uY4Eu.jpg

.....skämt? Snälla. :p

Nah, we are basically the middle of Sweden damnit. "Heart of Sweden" and all that. Back in the days, we where the town that connected all cities all over the country. The number one trading city more or less.

Shiet man, only got 2 hours by train to reach Stockholm.

I miss Stockholm though. Used to live there a few years back. Kind of miss it. Lived in Älvsjö. Moved there from Örebro, then back again after a year.

skämt? snälla.
The middle of Sweden is close to Ånge.

sverigekarta.JPG

Ledsen

Not going deep into any analysis of religion in Sweden I can point out the fact that we are quite secular is a rather new phenomenon. The generation of my grand parents (born around 1915) where very much a religious generation with things as Sunday mass attendance almost mandatory.

Yep. Like the rest of Europe, Sweden has been a highly religious country since it's christianization (around 1100 iirc)... until recently.

fanboi

Banned
Haha wow, I would've never though that there'd be (at least) THREE Ljusdalsbor on GAF.. how small is this world, really?

2. squared (most of the fridays and saturdays works for me too) - Ljusdal

Yeah, but have over 7k posts, not like I'm going to search through them :p But I think I can figure out your name based on your PSN ID :)

Oh... :|
I'm that well known in Ljusdal? :)

So... who are you then?

Majine

Banned
One of the things I'm proud of this country. Also I think we have a relatively low amount of hardcore religious nuts.

waypoetic

Banned
Religion? Not so much. People believe in money, themselfs or the statsminister.

But ask Paertan, he lives right in the bibble-belt (Jönköping). Riiiiight in the sweetspot. I've been to Jönköping and BOY do they love their Jesus. Paertan is the only sane one living there.. BUT YOU'RE GONNA CLEAN UP TOWN, ELLER HUR KOMPIS?

KAOz

Short bus special
Oh, come on :p

You NEVER know.

Some Stockholmare jag har mött..... makes you weep. Same goes for Göteborgare, Skåningar and Örebroare. Some people... makes you want to watch the world burn.

You should meet some of my ignorant friends. :,(

You're actually right...

...if you don't consider Norrland a part of Sweden.

No, only Skåne. :p

jorma

is now taking requests
You NEVER know.

Some Stockholmare jag har mött..... makes you weep. Same goes for Göteborgare, Skåningar and Örebroare. Some people... makes you want to watch the world burn.

You should meet some of my ignorant friends. :,(

No, only Skåne. :p

We're not stupid, just arrogant =)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We're all alike

No matter where you're from

flesh and blood

wooooooooooo

fuck

Paertan

Religion? Not so much. People believe in money, themselfs or the statsminister.

But ask Paertan, he lives right in the bibble-belt (Jönköping). Riiiiight in the sweetspot. I've been to Jönköping and BOY do they love their Jesus. Paertan is the only sane one living there.. BUT YOU'RE GONNA CLEAN UP TOWN, ELLER HUR KOMPIS?

Never saw religious propaganda posters before I moved here. Here they are pretty common. Barely never met any really religious person before, except old people.
But I'm doing what I can trying to convert people. At least at work most people are atheists since I work as an engineer. But I walk past the mormons everyday...

waypoetic

Banned
If you think stockholmare is stupid, then you should höra en göteborgare - they Sound stupid! They sound like alcoholics, especially the ö-bor.

KAOz

Short bus special
Never saw religious propaganda posters before I moved here. Here they are pretty common. Barely never met any really religious person before, except old people.
But I'm doing what I can tyring to convert people. At least at work most people are atheists since I work as an engineer. But I walk past the mormons everyday...

Easily fixed: buy loads of bicycles. LOADS. Like a storage.

Then tell them that if they convert, they get a cykel på köpet.

squared

Oh... :|
I'm that well known in Ljusdal? :)

So... who are you then?

Haha, I don't know how well-known you are, it's just that I remember your name, I mean you went to Slottegymnasiet too, no? And I found you on Facebook, so I put two and two together and ta-da! I don't have a FB-account myself though.

I live on top of Albins Leksaker (funny thing - "Albin" was my grandfather, and the store is owned by my mother), and I think I'm the only one around here with a matte green Subaru Impreza.. :p

If you think stockholmare is stupid, then you should höra en göteborgare - they Sound stupid! They sound like alcoholics, especially the ö-bor.

Hey, my sambo is from Göteborg! Not an ö-bo though..

fanboi

Banned
Haha, I don't know how well-known you are, it's just that I remember your name, I mean you went to Slottegymnasiet too, no? And I found you on Facebook, so I put two and two together and ta-da! I don't have a FB-account myself though.

I live on top of Albins Leksaker (funny thing - "Albin" was my grandfather, and the store is owned by my mother), and I think I'm the only one around here with a matte green Subaru Impreza.. :p

Hey, my sambo is from Göteborg! Not an ö-bo though..

Wait now... Albin... are you related to Mikael Persson?

I drive sometimes a black Skoda Octavia :D (Allthough I now drive a Subaru Legacy)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I refuse to believe that I'm the only Karlstad-gaffer here.

Bloody hell we have more people from the middle of nowhere ( yes I said it! ) than Karlstad aka Beststad.

waypoetic

Banned
Bounding up in this.

In the ära of this tråd, i will make a classical swedish dish for tonights dinner BUT you get to choose which one!

Halv åtta hos mig.. BITCH!

KAOz

Short bus special
Bounding up in this.

In the ära of this tråd, i will make a classical swedish dish for tonights dinner BUT you get to choose which one!

JULBORD! :D

Or bara Smörgåsbord. We ain't going to make it easy for you my friend.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Bounding up in this.

Wienerschnitzel
pommes frites
rödvinssky ansjovis
kapris och citron

Top Bottom