• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweden-GAF |OT| I'd Say It's Pretty Lagom

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha, I could summarize the whole day as FUN. I'm not gonna go into detail but the whole thing was just crazy good.

Kenka, Evilore, Corky, KAOz and Keen were all awesome to talk to and spend a day at Stockholm with :3. Keen being the guide tour felt safe at the start but lead us to a café that was on top of mountains (the wind almost killed me)! But at least we had some really good story-times up there - even though the Nürburgring news disappointed me :(

It was amazing - just walking around Stockholm, listening to the marathon, visiting the Royal Palace (you guys were crazy for almost attacking that guard), and going to Old Town (Evilore, the smooth icecream wasn't that bad right :_:?).

Key-moment of the night? On the metro-train, Evilore looks at Kenka as he grabs the hand rails (on the ceiling) and finds that he needs to do it as-well... but 10 times the overkill. So Evilore takes a good grip on the rails and pulls himself up while kicking a baby stroller so fiercely it bounces into the wall. The metro-train had just stopped so immediately as that happened, Evilore didn't even apologize but instead did this :|-face and left the train before the mother got to say anything. Kenka trying to apologize to the woman who was scared to death? Nope, didn't work (she pushed Kenka away!).

After that, Keen guided us to a rave (Blommor & Bin) which turned out to be surprisingly fun because the people there were so friendly! Turns out, I'm a great dancer - I learned some moves from the guy with the back-pack and the half-naked zombie. Oh, and speaking of the naked zombie, the plan was so get her to kiss Evilore but she couldn't even hear what I said because it was so fucking loud ._. But yeah, GREAT FUN in that place :D

It's too bad what happened outside the Karaoke-place but I'm glad that KAOz and Corky (<- obviously) got to eat as much as he wanted when we went inside! I really wanted to hear Evilore sing, but those fuckers were about to close... but at least Kenka got to sing, which I found was hilarious XD.

Arghhhhhhh, I just regret that we didn't take enough pictures (especially a group photo) - but screw it! I had loads of fun, so thanks all :3

Kenka

I think there were no pics taken. We just dashed through the 10 hours or so we were together and didn't look back.

Yoshi, can you actually walk today ? If I hadn't taken a cold shower in the hotel before sleeping, I would have been paralysed in pain today 0_o

But really great experience, Yoshi, KAOz and Corky also got a very formal invitation to kick ass at my place whenever they feel like it.
IRL GAF at its best.

edit: dat Yoshi expression.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lägg upp de bilderna som finns iaf? :)
I have a shitty phone (Samsung Mini) :( But here's one (shitty ass picture :lol):

OzLXA.jpg

Yoshichan

Yoshi, can you actually walk today ? If I hadn't taken a cold shower in the hotel before sleeping, I would have been paralysed in pain today 0_o
No, I honestly can't walk today. Everything from my leg to the deepest parts of my feet hurts right now ._. It was even a pain to drive, haha!

But really great experience, Yoshi, KAOz and Corky also got a very formal invitation to kick ass at my place whenever they feel like it.
And we thank you so much for the invitation - you are truly an awesoooooooome guy and we're definitely gonna meet up again at some point!

waypoetic

Banned
Örebro meet-up next time? Apparently there are more people living in that area, sort of. I know we got guys from Trollhättan and Skövde, maybe we should take the GAF-train all together to Örebro? We may arrive, we may arrive 4 hours late, we may never arrive..... #statensjärnvägarAB

Yoshichan

Örebro meet-up next time? Apparently there are more people living in that area, sort of. I know we got guys from Trollhättan and Skövde, maybe we should take the GAF-train all together to Örebro? We may arrive, we may arrive 4 hours late, we may never arrive..... #statensjärnvägarAB
Corky is on, I'm on, KAOz is most likely on - let's do it.

Minamu

Where is Örebro compared to Skövde? Geography is not my thing, but I'm probably up for something like that :)

waypoetic

Banned
Or do you feel that random blurb of semi right-wing propaganda was enough?

Vi tycker olika tydligen. Coolio.

EDIT: Att ogilla Mona Sahlin krävs det ingen färg för, allt från blåa till gröna till röda ogillar den kvinnan och hennes syn på hur Sverige borde vara.

Eller var det ordet "patriotism" som stack i dina ögon? Vårat grannland Norge har gott med det. Dom vet innebörden dock.

Vi tycker olika tydligen. Coolio.

EDIT: Att ogilla Mona Sahlin krävs det ingen färg för, allt från blåa till gröna till röda ogillar den kvinnan och hennes syn på hur Sverige borde vara.

Eller var det ordet "patriotism" som stack i dina ögon? Vårat grannland Norge har gott med det. Dom vet innebörden dock.

Feel free to define the following:

- How does Mona Sahlin, or do you mean SAP?, think that Sweden should be, according to you?

- How are SAP against patriotism/nationalism? Their ideology clearly puts the state front and center.

- Which parts of Swedish culture and legacy are you especially proud over?

- Do you think Swedish mothers are especially strong and loving(and apparently defend children in the streets) compared to others?

- Do you actually think Sweden will come under attack? Do you actually think we could defend ourselves? Do you know about Swedens political dealings during the Cold War(or under the whole 1900s)?

- And again why the hate towards Mona Sahlin in particular?

This rhetoric is usually heard from a certain kind of people. Not very nice people. Hopefully you have better reasons then they use to have.

Brewer

Neo Member
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat how on EARTH could I have missed this post??!?!?! A long lost brother... words fail me... should have sent a poet.

Värmlands-GAF! Although i moved here from Eskilstuna in 2011, but still. Never could have guessed that I would see pics from Klarälven on GAF, haha.

waypoetic

Banned
I'm not gonna answer all of that, it'll derail this thread to something completely different. I have answers and you're not going to find what you're looking for.

If you can't say "i love my country" without thinking "oh god that's racism" - that's messed up. I'm part norwegian and we have the words "ja vi elsker dette landet" in the nationalanthem. Now that's racism! Please...

Go ahead and make a new thread if you wanna debate swedish politics. All i was saying is that a little patriotism won't hurt this country and no one should be ashamed to say that they love this country, hell, we don't even celebrate our "national day".

I'm not gonna answer all of that, it'll derail this thread to something completely different. I have answers and you're not going to find what you're looking for.

If you can't say "i love my country" without thinking "oh god that's racism" - that's messed up. I'm part norwegian and we have the words "ja vi elsker dette landet" in the nationalanthem. Now that's racism! Please...

Go ahead and make a new thread if you wanna debate swedish politics. All i was saying is that a little patriotism won't hurt this country and no one should be ashamed to say that they love this country, hell, we don't even celebrate our "national day".

Feel free to PM me the answers if you have them, usually people don't.

waypoetic

Banned
So your original post, you know the one lacking any kind of political context(yah right), was totally just a random post with no meaning at all. No one was supposed to read it or respond.

Good to know.
You're the one looking to debate shit on a deeper level, i'm not. If you want to interpret what i said differently from what i wrote and make shit up - that's not cool. Me disliking a certain politician and saying that patriotism (that's patriotism, NOT nationalism) would do good for this country - and you twisting those things in to me voting for a certain political party : that's bullshit.

Just stop it.

You're the one looking to debate shit on a deeper level, i'm not. If you want to interpret what i said differently from what i wrote and make shit up - that's not cool. Me disliking a certain politician and saying that patriotism (that's patriotism, NOT nationalism) would do good for this country - and you twisting those things in to me voting for a certain political party : that's bullshit.

Just stop it.

Not debating anything on a deeper level, just gave you a chance to explain your post. If that's too much no problem nevermind. All I did was ask for clarification, it never was a discussion as you never replied to that.

But apparently you don't want to divulge it and that's fine with me.

Just a note on what I wrote earlier. Post like that, randomly inserted with political subtext, always gets picked up by someone in threads. And you always have to back stuff up no matter what. Just the way Gaf works. So don't be surprised if the same thing happens next time.

Forsete

waypoetic: I suspect you are a Swedish Democrat. I will report you to my union rep!

KIDDING.

We live in a free country, as long as no one votes for the Green party I am all for it.

Now, lets talk about how delicious smörgåstårta is. Who is with me?
What constructs the perfect smörgåstårta?

Räkor
Citronskivor
Leverpastej eller skinka
Tonfisk

Ingen kaviar, plz.
Ingen jädrans hamburgardressing som vissa verkar vilja ösa på, vidrigt!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It was great seeing swe-gaf :)

We gotta do that again, I had a great time constantly laughing and messing around with you guys!

KAOz

Short bus special
It was great seeing swe-gaf :)

We gotta do that again, I had a great time constantly laughing and messing around with you guys!

No shit about the laughing. I don't think we did much else. I think I was about to pee myself when we sat in the car waiting for the weird S-stop sign to turn, and Yoshi said we'd wait for the car behind us to honk.
Corky, then taught me something about Stockholm I had never known. He yells out "DUDE, DON'T WAIT FOR IT TO HONK! WE ARE IN STOCKHOLM! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEIR CARHORNS ARE? MACHINEGUNS! WE ARE GOING TO FUCKING DIE!!!"

I think you guys broke me in so many ways. I loved it.

Also, we need to find the ice-cream girl again.......

No shit about the laughing. I don't think we did much else. I think I was about to pee myself when we sat in the car waiting for the weird S-stop sign to turn, and Yoshi said we'd wait for the car behind us to honk.
Corky, then taught me something about Stockholm I had never known. He yells out "DUDE, DON'T WAIT FOR IT TO HONK! WE ARE IN STOCKHOLM! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEIR CARHORNS ARE? MACHINEGUNS! WE ARE GOING TO FUCKING DIE!!!"

Brb installing machineguns on my car :)

Yoshi said that the ice-cream girl forced strössel on the mjukglass, bad bad girl.

antipod

waypoetic: I suspect you are a Swedish Democrat. I will report you to my union rep!

KIDDING.

We live in a free country, as long as no one votes for the Green party I am all for it.

Now, lets talk about how delicious smörgåstårta is. Who is with me?
What constructs the perfect smörgåstårta?

Räkor
Citronskivor
Leverpastej eller skinka
Tonfisk

Ingen kaviar, plz.
Ingen jädrans hamburgardressing som vissa verkar vilja ösa på, vidrigt!

WTF, hamburger dressing on a smörgåstårta? Time to reinstate the death penalty to this country I hear.

Other than that, leverpastej with a seafood cake doesn't match well together. With those you have to have some sort of meat topping. Roast beef or even meat balls (a bit cheap though) with ham. With shrimps you have cold smoked salmon. And eggs.

And some caviar too, but just a bit. The taste will be to strong otherwise.

But yeah, I'm with you as earlier posts have pointed to.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

I have to admit... my preconceptions of the vehicles in Stockholm may in reality have been a dream I had about the game Interstate 76.

Good god... I mean... my god. She was folding icecream waffles with her buttocks... those dextrous dextrous buttocks.

Kenka

Guys... Evil and I are not completely done with the night yet. We'll both write about the events during the weekend very soon.

Corky, you sure about the girl ? ;)

KAOz

Short bus special
Gnyargh.

Sometimes I hate this country. Sitting looking for good, proper jobs right now. And there is seriously nothing.
Nothing at all. Piece of shit town. Starting to think I should relocate soon if I can't find anything, because this is getting silly.

No-one who sits as a boss in some kind of multicity corporation that wants to give me one? Because this sucks.

Ledsen

Gnyargh.

Sometimes I hate this country. Sitting looking for good, proper jobs right now. And there is seriously nothing.
Nothing at all. Piece of shit town. Starting to think I should relocate soon if I can't find anything, because this is getting silly.

No-one who sits as a boss in some kind of multicity corporation that wants to give me one? Because this sucks.

Where are you? Being prepared to relocate is sort of a given when you're job hunting, the only city where you can stay put while changing jobs multiple times is Sthlm. Think of it as an opportunity :)

KAOz

Short bus special
Where are you? Relocating feels like a given when you're job hunting, the only city where you can stay put while changing jobs multiple times is Sthlm. See it as an opportunity :)

Örebro.

But need to find a job before relocating aswell. It's utter shit. I'm trying to pull all contacts I have, but to no avail. It's getting a bit stressy. Baaaaah.

Ledsen

Yeah, I'm out of a job come New Year's, but it's ok. I'm confident I'll find something even if it could take a while (last time it took 8 months, but I was fresh out of uni at that point). Also I'll have A-Kassa this time :p

Örebro.

But need to find a job before relocating aswell. It's utter shit. I'm trying to pull all contacts I have, but to no avail. It's getting a bit stressy. Baaaaah.

Örebro seems like it should be big enough to have a healthy jobmarket. Something special that makes is dead? Big layoffs or such?

KAOz

Short bus special
Örebro seems like it should be big enough to have a healthy jobmarket. Something special that makes is dead? Big layoffs or such?

Not really. Alot of the jobs are "hidden". If you don't have the proper contacts, you won't find them.
Also, I'm trying to get into retail. Or, fucking ICA whatever. Problem is, I only have 6 years of Fritids and teaching in the backpack. (No formal education in that either, so yeah, I'm fucked.) It's really hard.
Been trying to look into some Lagerarbete aswell, but need a Truck-kort. So I'm fucked there too. :p Getting kind of hard-ish.

Gnyargh.

Move to Norway and get paid a lot more ;)!. Well actually I know many Swedish people who are happy for moving to Norway and working here.

KAOz

Short bus special
storafötter;41447998 said:
Move to Norway and get paid a lot more ;)!. Well actually I know many Swedish people who are happy for moving to Norway and working here.

But you guys also have more expensive living. :p

But honestly, thought HAS hit me. Same with other countries. But for now, I'm aiming to find something here.

Top Bottom