• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

TUSR

Banned
Who is isshak_gravi?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=111930097&highlight=#post111930097

Hey guys! Community manager for Bandai Namco Games Europe here (and the author of the post). It seems we need to clarify more what we meant and we're going to do that. Trust me, it is not PR bullshit: it would be very very stupid of us to say something false about a game that anyone can check by looking at videos online. Not to mention dishonest! (which is not my style).

What we meant to say was that you can play Infinity Moment (the floor clearing part) in Hollow Fragment, and not just the Hollow Fragment part of the game (Philia/Laughing Coffin), which felt like two games for us since we never got Infinity Moment on PSP in Europe. We'll work on the way to communicate this better.

Sorry again for the confusion! Please always assume I messed up using the correct words instead of malice next time D: it's really never my intention to mislead.

Shizuka

Now I'm relieved, looking forward to this. Just need to know that those Hearts R videos are from some random asian version and from not the final western localization.

No word on that yet, I'm not even sure if those with the Asian copy are going to get the update on the same day as the Japanese, nor if it's a patch, or DLC.

Tohsaka

Kinda sucks that it's coming out the same day as ToX 2, will have to try and split my time between playing them.

It's perfectly doable Tohsaka. SAO relies heavily on gameplay, rather than story. This game I literally play for whatever length I want right before bed, put my Vita on standby, come back the next day or not, and play some more, rinse, repeat. You can put the game down and pick it back up whenever you like, the plot is very thin (for example, Infinite Moment, you are on floor 75. Get to floor 100. That's it aha) so you won't go forgetting things. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of story, but it's more character interaction than anything.

TUSR

Banned
It's perfectly doable Tohsaka. SAO relies heavily on gameplay, rather than story. This game I literally play for whatever length I want right before bed, put my Vita on standby, come back the next day or not, and play some more, rinse, repeat. You can put the game down and pick it back up whenever you like, the plot is very thin (for example, Infinite Moment, you are on floor 75. Get to floor 100. That's it aha) so you won't go forgetting things. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of story, but it's more character interaction than anything.

I wish I could have 2 games on standby at once : (

I wish I could have 2 games on standby at once : (

Hey I'm in college getting a degree, and I'm still getting a 4.0 GPA, got my part-time job, social life, and I still play aha, it's all about time management. Of course, like I said there are days that I don't play the game at all, or any for that matter. What I meant to say is that this game you could either be playing something else, or leaving it aside for a bit and you wouldn't be lost :p

TUSR

Banned
Hey I'm in college getting a degree, and I'm still getting a 4.0 GPA, got my part-time job, social life, and I still play aha, it's all about time management. Of course, like I said there are days that I don't play the game at all, or any for that matter. What I meant to say is that this game you could either be playing something else, or leaving it aside for a bit and you wouldn't be lost :p

Im not sure where this came from.

Oh the f2p Vita game? Man I avoided it like the plague when it came out. I feel like I would get way too into it. Those types of games are way too addicting for me lol.

Well I guess I could say the same about Hollow Fragment in a way :p This coming from a guy that gets bored of games quick, this has been my go to game for over a month now, almost every night, even if just for a few minutes. Can't remember playing a game for this long without thinking of putting it aside. With the anime coming, I only feel like I will be playing it more.

RjAcUKr.gif

Mendrox

Whhhhyyy so late. It is even too late to import the Asia version now. I just.. dont want to wait so long anymore. ;__;

I guess it would depend on the shipping option that you chose. At the end of the day I payed almost 90$ to get it one day after launch, at this point I would just wait it's only a month away. You have the show starting on the 5th so by you could get your fill until the game releases in a month :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment’s Big Update Won’t Be Built Into The Western Release

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/0...gments-big-update-wont-built-western-release/

sad story

Guess they didnt pass off resources to work on during the whole process of it being made. Perhaps they want to see initial sales numbers first before committing resources to a huge update like that.

Regardless of that at least the game has more than enough content to keep folks busy in the mean time :)

Wow what a shame. I wonder if those of us with the HK copies will even get it as well. If we do, I could see things getting a little messy. A much earlier release with physical copy, with English subtitles (a bit broken but w.e LOL) AND the update vs the western digital one? :/ many people held out for it too, they are kinda digging their own graves with this decision. At the very least he was honest about it, but I feel like he shouldn't have just flat out said that ^

NolbertoS

Is the US release digital only?? Debating whether to import it for a physical one or wait for the US version. Also I heard there's adde content. Hope it makes its way out West at least.

antibolo

Banned
"won't be built into the Western release" doesn't mean "will never come to the Western release".

Just sayin'.

They probably didn't plan the extra resources to localize the update, which is supposedly going to be pretty big.

Stuart444

"won't be built into the Western release" doesn't mean "will never come to the Western release".

Just sayin'.

Yup, from the LINK that was posted:

"The update won’t be built into the Western release of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment," producer Yosuke Futami said in an interview with Siliconera. "We’re currently considering to bring the large scale update from Japan over."

It's not a definitive no, just gotta wait and see. :) but the base game has plenty of content regardless so people should be satisfied anyway.

Parakeetman

Lets put it this way people you dont buy the game and you will NEVER see the patch regardless.

Stop acting like a bunch of children and buy the damned game. Unless you would prefer Bandai Namco to not bring anything else out in the future due to poor sales eh?

Its not the first time a game does not have DLC content ready from the get go in terms of time of release in Japan vs the localized version in the US. You folks wouldnt even really be able to take advantage of most of the content anyways with the starting level as the its geared towards the higher level players from the sound of it. Sides you would need to collect all your skills anyways from leveling your sword skills and getting better gear. So lots of time to do stuff in between the wait for the content to be localized.

Remember knowing Bandai Namco they will be watching the sales numbers to decide on if its worth the resources to localize content further or not. Even if that isnt the case, it sure does play a pretty good role in the future decision making with other titles.

Am pretty sure its in one of the famitsus around the apartment, but there was something I recall for the future being Kirito and Sinon costumes available as DLC, but its not out yet. Makes sense considering the show has already started.

TUSR

Banned
If the next DLC does include Sinon costumes put me down for 10 copies of the game.

Parakeet brings up a good point. The large DLC in question is for 'end game' use only. Hopefully we get the sales to localize it in NA/EU, if not I'll just have to buy a JP copy for the DLC. It's a real non-issue for me.

Plus I have a good understanding of Japanese.

Mendax

If the next DLC does include Sinon costumes put me down for 10 copies of the game.

Parakeet brings up a good point. The large DLC in question is for 'end game' use only. Hopefully we get the sales to localize it in NA/EU, if not I'll just have to buy a JP copy for the DLC. It's a real non-issue for me.

Plus I have a good understanding of Japanese.

do you (or anyone else here) know what level the japanese in this game / these games is? how common are the kanji that are used? importing this along with some other jp only games might be an option for me..

Parakeetman

do you (or anyone else here) know what level the japanese in this game / these games is? how common are the kanji that are used? importing this along with some other jp only games might be an option for me..

The same level you need for any other JRPG thats in Japanese.

If you cant read Japanese you will have 0 idea of whats going on with the story, descriptions of skills & items which is important considering that combat is all skill based so you need to know what does what in order to survive.

TUSR

Banned

Judging from the level of combat and the speed its executed at (from watching videos) you will need to be able to distinguish abilities quickly in battle.

So pretty much what Parakeetman said.

Remember knowing Bandai Namco they will be watching the sales numbers to decide on if its worth the resources to localize content further or not. Even if that isnt the case, it sure does play a pretty good role in the future decision making with other titles.

What you are describing here is a classic example of the Prisoner's Dilemma.

Yup game is loaded with content as is. I haven't downloaded any DLC because of the whole region switch thing, I'm at 45hrs and still on floor 83 of Aincrad, and just got to the 3rd part of the Hollow Area
the beach setting looks great!
Btw, wasn't today supposed to be the day that the patch dropped in Japan?

Parakeetman

Yup game is loaded with content as is. I haven't downloaded any DLC because of the whole region switch thing, I'm at 45hrs and still on floor 83 of Aincrad, and just got to the 3rd part of the Hollow Area
the beach setting looks great!
Btw, wasn't today supposed to be the day that the patch dropped in Japan?

should be the 10th so not yet

should be the 10th so not yet

I'll make sure to "refresh" my game that night to see if we got the patch or not. Parakeet I know that you might be busy, but since you own the japanese copy, would you be able to give us brief impressions of that content? And to answer the question that has been consuming my deepest thoughts (LOL), is this a patch or DLC?

Parakeetman

I'll make sure to "refresh" my game that night to see if we got the patch or not. Parakeet I know that you might be busy, but since you own the japanese copy, would you be able to give us brief impressions of that content? And to answer the question that has been consuming my deepest thoughts (LOL), is this a patch or DLC?

they are calling it a large update so basically with that in mind id imagine its a huge patch

Top Bottom