• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Sitrus

I asked this question in another thread, but I'll ask here too.

So I just made a Japanese PSN accounts and I have question for importers: Is it generally cheaper to buy PSN store codes or importing physical games? Are there sales for PSN codes ever, like a Black Friday thing? I have a 16 gb card I'm willing to dedicate to Japanese games. I don't really have a preference on digital or physical.

There is almost never a sale for PSN codes sadly. How much cheaper getting a PSN code is compared to importing the physical varies depending on how much they(the store) charge you extra for the PSN code.
The cheapest is to get someone living in japan to buy one for you.

For physical there is the problem with import taxes and shipping in some countries which may make PSN codes cheaper, but not always. Just check some sites and compare.

MayMay

Banned
I'm afraid I didn't really follow the recent developements, but reading all of the "bought the Asian version blabla" talk on the prev. pages I assume I'm good ordering the Chinese one?

How's the english text? Is it weird and/or hilarious? lol

Oh boy. Since season 2 is airing next week (simulcast even) I feel like not getting out there is a wasted opportunity. More and more people are joining the few of us in the dark side where the Asian import lies (LOL), which means fewer western domestic sales...

Shizuka

Oh boy. Since season 2 is airing next week (simulcast even) I feel like not getting out there is a wasted opportunity. More and more people are joining the few of us in the dark side where the Asian import lies (LOL), which means fewer western domestic sales...

I doubt that'll have a significant impact, it's not like what happened with Ragnarok Odyssey.

I doubt that'll have a significant impact, it's not like what happened with Ragnarok Odyssey.
I remember that. Still back when the old Xseed forums were up. In that case the script and game were pretty much the same. At least, SAO has a diff script from the hilarious Asian one.

There are other hidden gems and that's just one of them ^ Seriously, to me the script being like that only made the game better. Makes what would be a generic anime plot hilarious to read ahaha.

Mrcapcom

I want to order this but ill be patient not like ill have time to play it right now anyway. Wish they would tell us something smh

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
wonder if they are holding off to include the july content?

but agreed that not the best job of communicating with the fans is going on here

proof of it is the fact people are starting to buy the asian version instead of holding off for the localized one for their own region

TheRook

I hope this game does come out soon, like next month soon...Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 got pushed back to August and I don't have much to play on the Vita besides Muramasa Rebirth that'll be free to PS+ subs, and Gravity Rush.

How big do you think the July update is? the digital game is already like 2.9GB right?

Shizuka

I hope this game does come out soon, like next month soon...Hyperdimension Rebirth 1 got pushed back to August and I don't have much to play on the Vita besides Muramasa Rebirth that'll be free to PS+ subs, and Gravity Rush.

How big do you think the July update is? the digital game is already like 2.9GB right?

Maybe Child of Light or One Piece? Those are my games for July.

Parakeetman

in the latest dengeki it shows off new costumes and models for characters in upcoming dlc and the large july update one being GGO models for kirito and sinon

Thought I'd do something fun, since everyone is asking how good the translation is. Every time I come upon something that's funny, I will post it here, out of context of course, just to make things better. Here's tonight's batch, in order of events, hope you all enjoy (LOL no spoilers or anything, just pure hilarity):
With Strea, after a long, steamy fight... :
And what does Yui have to say about all this whole "penetrations" business to Kirito and Asuna???

Still praying that it's a patch and not DLC... I am avoiding switching over to a Hong Kong account... But who am I kidding with the amount of content that has been announced, I bet that it's a mixture of both. Patch raises the cap levels, and such, while the actual maps are free DLC.

antibolo

Banned
names2hard4you, I don't mean to be a jerk but I wish you'd posted these shots under a spoiler tag. If you keep posting them like that I'll have to stop visiting this thread.

Also the Yui part is not even translation-related lols. Technically it's an actual spoiler (of a dumb joke, but still).

names2hard4you, I don't mean to be a jerk but I wish you'd posted these shots under a spoiler tag. If you keep posting them like that I'll have to stop visiting this thread.

Also the Yui part is not even translation-related lols. Technically it's an actual spoiler (of a dumb joke, but still).

Fixed,
tags don't work on tags lol, switched them to [URL] instead, so please do keep showing up here, the more we are and the more active this thread is, the better I think aha. I'm not trying to make anyone leave this thread.

At any rate, if any of you hear of any news on this update please do let me know. Also, for those with JP/Asia accounts, I'm actually curious, have I missed on any substantial DLC so far since the game's release? I mean, any maps or anything "big" like that, not costumes or smaller add-ons.

There hasn't been any new "maps" or anything like that so far, only the costume/mission/weapon DLCs...and I believe at the moment the JP and English/Chinese versions are pretty much in sync when it comes to DLC releases (and hopefully it stays that way).

Parakeetman

There hasn't been any new "maps" or anything like that so far, only the costume/mission/weapon DLCs...and I believe at the moment the JP and English/Chinese versions are pretty much in sync when it comes to DLC releases (and hopefully it stays that way).

actually there is a dlc area though since i have not run through it myself am unsure how different it is. was a dlc bonus from a magazine.

bobawesome

I haven't played a really fun game in a while and I'm sure I'd enjoy it based on everything I've seen so far. Subs are also very welcome. My mind's telling me no...but my body...
my body's telling me yeeeeeeeaaaahhhh-haaaa.

WiseWarrior

Neo Member
I've had the game for nearly a month now, but only started playing it recently. I've racked up 22 hours and I'm being completely honest when I say it's the most fun game I've ever played out of the few hundred I've beaten and few hundred more I haven't.

I remember how everyone loved Xenoblade Chronicles and I didn't because I hated how you attacked automatically. I feel this game is a huge improvement on the system, and it's very engaging and deep while being immensely entertaining.

I started out with a sword and shield and did the Infinity Moment section first. I got up to floor 82 without doing the Hollow sections. It was at that point I decided to try the Hollow area because I felt myself not enjoying the game quite as much as I did initially.

I switched from a one handed sword to scimitar, which I absolutely love. It's a really awesome weapon and I love the high hit chance. The first major enemy in the Hollow area I took on was about 40 levels ahead of me. I didn't back down and won. I've faced a bunch more enemies around the 40 level mark and defeated almost all of them. It's so incredibly fun going against something so much stronger than you.

I got an incredible Scimitar and am at around 900 points for it. Got a great mix of skills that are proving very useful. I finally met my match in a Hollow Area where you had to defeat knights of a high level to open doors which led to more high level knights surrounded by medium level knights. I was around level 110 and the regular knights were 125 or so and the big knights were 140. I finally met my match and had to retreat.

I love how immense the Hollow area is and it's a blast exploring everything. I've defeated nearly every boss of the first area (I believe so anyway) and am at level 112. I'll definitely come back for the red knight boss that kicked my butt before.

The English subs are definitely bearable. I have little issues with them. The only real frustration (Or dislike) I have about the game is the smithing. I'm afraid to level my amazing Scimitar any higher. It has +65 strength and +30 defense and a bunch of other stat boosts, and I'm only gaining +5 strength each time, and I've had my stats lowered before due to failing. I wouldn't mind if you failed as long as there were never any negative effects. I also initially minded how long it took to use items. The skills that shortens the times to barely anything is a huge help. The July update that will lower the time it takes to use items will be a great help though.

In conclusion, I absolutely love the game. The Vita is my favorite handheld of all time due in no small part to games like this and Persona 4. I greatly look forward to my continual adventures with this game. :D

Welcome to the club! Yes this game is quite something indeed. I too have been chipping at this game for over a month now and I still can't put it down, I wanna play other stuff but I always end up playing HF. I can't remember the last time I played a game for this long and still managed to have as much fun as I do. I also can't wait for the update and I'm praying that it really is a patch, rather than DLC. It'll be fun juggling between watching SAO 2 and playing this too. I think the fact that the show is going to be ongoing for 2 seasons is only gonna extend my playtime too.

Parakeetman

I've had the game for nearly a month now, but only started playing it recently. I've racked up 22 hours and I'm being completely honest when I say it's the most fun game I've ever played out of the few hundred I've beaten and few hundred more I haven't.

I remember how everyone loved Xenoblade Chronicles and I didn't because I hated how you attacked automatically. I feel this game is a huge improvement on the system, and it's very engaging and deep while being immensely entertaining.

I started out with a sword and shield and did the Infinity Moment section first. I got up to floor 82 without doing the Hollow sections. It was at that point I decided to try the Hollow area because I felt myself not enjoying the game quite as much as I did initially.

I switched from a one handed sword to scimitar, which I absolutely love. It's a really awesome weapon and I love the high hit chance. The first major enemy in the Hollow area I took on was about 40 levels ahead of me. I didn't back down and won. I've faced a bunch more enemies around the 40 level mark and defeated almost all of them. It's so incredibly fun going against something so much stronger than you.

I got an incredible Scimitar and am at around 900 points for it. Got a great mix of skills that are proving very useful. I finally met my match in a Hollow Area where you had to defeat knights of a high level to open doors which led to more high level knights surrounded by medium level knights. I was around level 110 and the regular knights were 125 or so and the big knights were 140. I finally met my match and had to retreat.

I love how immense the Hollow area is and it's a blast exploring everything. I've defeated nearly every boss of the first area (I believe so anyway) and am at level 112. I'll definitely come back for the red knight boss that kicked my butt before.

The English subs are definitely bearable. I have little issues with them. The only real frustration (Or dislike) I have about the game is the smithing. I'm afraid to level my amazing Scimitar any higher. It has +65 strength and +30 defense and a bunch of other stat boosts, and I'm only gaining +5 strength each time, and I've had my stats lowered before due to failing. I wouldn't mind if you failed as long as there were never any negative effects. I also initially minded how long it took to use items. The skills that shortens the times to barely anything is a huge help. The July update that will lower the time it takes to use items will be a great help though.

In conclusion, I absolutely love the game. The Vita is my favorite handheld of all time due in no small part to games like this and Persona 4. I greatly look forward to my continual adventures with this game. :D

Glad to hear the impressions plus that you are enjoying the game! Yeah the smithing stuff is a bit fubar, but seems like the only way to keep improving her skills is by advancing the story. Since the parts where she advances her skills are story related. Otherwise you are going off of pretty low percentages.

Indeed some of the best stuff is making your own crazy situations fighting stronger enemies, since I always ALWAYS love situations like that. The fact that they give you the tools to potentially do it if you are skilled enough too.

drakkykun

I'm actually more thrilled about this than Xillia 2.
Damn, Xillia 1 was such a huge disappointment. It still hurts.
At least there's Zestiria that's looking like a Graces v2.0, can't wait for it.

Back on topic, is it gonna have japanese dub?

You are asking if it's being dubbed from Japanese to English, cuz the game already has Japanese voices. If so, no, all the game is getting here in the west is an improved localization of the Asian English script as far as I know.

fahad

Neo Member
it's been 2 weeks since I ordered my copy from Play-Aisa , I expect it to arrive at my NEWYORK address next week , took to long :( .. but I can't wait to put my hands on it :)

They finally announced a release date for europe! Its coming out on the 20th of August!

Kind of sucks how it comes out a few days after i go on vacation for 3 weeks :/ Guess i'll have to find something else to play.

Good stuff, for those who decided to wait it's not too far from now. Starting in Aug the amount of game releases starts booming, it's kind of ridiculous in a good way aha.

Parakeetman

Did anyone ever got an actual confirmation from Namco that we're not getting the asian localization?

I doubt that you guys are, as it would take even more work to fix than just having someone on the US side do a proper script.

Top Bottom