• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

In this game I learned everything that I know by playing and experimenting, along with the tips given by users from here. Any questions that you have send them our way. As I mentioned on my previous post, I probably won't be able to stop playing this any time soon aha!

I was just reading through your previous as i am waiting for Destiny also. Going to be fantastic. What did u mean by this "Weapons have stats, as well as levels and skills of their own"

I noticed you can put items onto skills or something? couldn't see what it did.

How long should i expect my starting weapons to last me for??
Also with crafting i am unsure on the translation. will it "fix" my starting weapons or does it like....reset stats or something.

For combat i am basically ATK->Burst->ATK->Burst->Switch->ATK->Burst->ATK->Burst->Stun ****so on and so forth
Attempting to parry to regenerate SP when it gets low, i don't really understand the use of dodge, nothing seems to be significant to warrant it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was just reading through your previous as i am waiting for Destiny also. Going to be fantastic. What did u mean by this "Weapons have stats, as well as levels and skills of their own"

Also with crafting i am unsure on the translation. will it "fix" my starting weapons or does it like....reset stats or something.

For combat i am basically ATK->Burst->ATK->Burst->Switch->ATK->Burst->ATK->Burst->Stun ****so on and so forth
Attempting to parry to regenerate SP when it gets low, i don't really understand the use of dodge, nothing seems to be significant to warrant it.

some moves cant be parried thats where dodge comes into play

1- Well weapons do have stats, I will use an old screenshot of mine to exemplify a bit:

14463354788_9caba93f71_z.jpg

As you can see here, these stats are all changed depending on the weapon that you are carrying. As for the leveling, under "Main Skill" you see "Twohand 225". At this point in the game, I had 225 exp points in that particular two handed sword skill tree (which is where your skills are). Each type of weapon has it's own tree, with it's own unique skills. Some trees can only be unlocked after completing a full tree from another weapon though.

2- Items in weapons, no one really knows what they do, and it isn't explained anywhere in the game either. Left those blank personally :p

3 and 4- It really depends. If you are focusing on Aincrad, the weapons that you are carrying should have higher or samish stats as the ones being sold at the main store (don't forget to reinforce your weapons with Liz! Progressing in the story will make her chances of making your weapons level go up increase). Crafting requires that you have specific orbs. These weapons tend to be better than the ones that you find, but this requires a bit of grinding, or just playing the game normally for a good while.

5- Use the "Nice" button! Not only will you be nurturing your Heroine's AI (making the behaviors that you say Nice to more likely to occur) but make her base ATK, DEF, or BUF go higher! In return you get a bit of SP too. You will be able to unlock SP regen skills further along in one of your weapon skill tree (katana, which needs to be unlocked by using the scimitar, and the rapier I believe).

Ugh kind of a long post, sorry. But hope I was able to help!

Ugh kind of a long post, sorry. But hope I was able to help!

All good. Every piece of information is useful. I had not really considered using a different weapon, i actually go to wondering about swapping after seeing the specific attack type weakness of the F76 boss.

Does dodging well award SP too?

Forging and upgrading is underway. I think i will do 2 more missions in hollow area tonight then have another "stab" :p at the F76 boss.

Just remembered the other thing i was going to ask, because i spent 30 minutes looking at it last night to no avail. The hollow quest/challenges, Implements i think they were called. Did one last night and now it expands to like 20 others.
What is the significance and should i aim for specifics?

JPS Kai

I keep forgetting that this one's coming out so soon. It's coming at a perfect time, in that lull between finishing up Akiba's Trip and having to focus on clearing out my backlog before the September deluge hits.

Parakeetman

All good. Every piece of information is useful. I had not really considered using a different weapon, i actually go to wondering about swapping after seeing the specific attack type weakness of the F76 boss.

Does dodging well award SP too?

Forging and upgrading is underway. I think i will do 2 more missions in hollow area tonight then have another "stab" :p at the F76 boss.

Just remembered the other thing i was going to ask, because i spent 30 minutes looking at it last night to no avail. The hollow quest/challenges, Implements i think they were called. Did one last night and now it expands to like 20 others.
What is the significance and should i aim for specifics?

i think there was a perfect dodge bonus but forgot what it does. basically your reward is not dying for dodging correctly lol

Tohsaka

I keep forgetting that this one's coming out so soon. It's coming at a perfect time, in that lull between finishing up Akiba's Trip and having to focus on clearing out my backlog before the September deluge hits.

Kind of a bad time for me. It comes out the same day as ToX 2, and Neptune comes out soon after that. I'm probably going to wait for the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip 2, I think.

JPS Kai

Kind of a bad time for me. It comes out the same day as ToX 2, and Neptune comes out soon after that. I'm probably going to wait for the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip 2, I think.

ToX2's on my watch list but it would go straight into the backlog next to ToS. My editor usually handles the Tales games, so the more obscure titles usually find their way onto my desk.

I'm hoping to finish every game I get in a week, some I think are doable, others not really, specially because of my addiction to SAO. Akiba's, Xillia2, Nep, then in September, Danganronpa 2, Destiny (oh boy this one...), Natural Doctrine, Shinovi Versus, Persona 4 AU... Gonna be a crunchy 2 months with a release every Tuesday till October. There's also college for me to worry about so it's not like I can just marathon all these.

Parakeetman

I'm hoping to finish every game I get in a week, some I think are doable, others not really, specially because of my addiction to SAO. Akiba's, Xillia2, Nep, then in September, Danganronpa 2, Destiny (oh boy this one...), Natural Doctrine, Shinovi Versus, Persona 4 AU... Gonna be a crunchy 2 months with a release every Tuesday till October. There's also college for me to worry about so it's not like I can just marathon all these.

yeah natural doctrine dont think that one is possible within a week lol

yeah natural doctrine dont think that one is possible within a week lol

Neither that nor Xillia 2 or Neptunia I think I could see the former getting back logged though, just like it's predecessor did for a while... Akiba's Trip I hear is kind of shortish if you don't screw around too much, Danganronpa 2, I'm probably going to binge play it till the end, Destiny... Well Destiny is Destiny, and it's my most anticipated game of the year so it might take over my SAO craze (or not).

Yup my 1 week goal is pretty much unrealistic for the majority of all titles that I mentioned.

Parakeetman

Ok so what's the best way to fast track to the 100% hit skill I saw mentioned a little while back?

I think thats in the rapier tree. yep rapier tree. not sure if the name is correct for the localized one but the JP name was Perfection Style. Highly suggest getting the SP centric skills too which are after the accuracy ones.

garath

Damn. I can't wait to play this. End of the month can't come soon enough. I hope it's a $30 game though I think that's wishful thinking.

I think thats in the rapier tree. yep rapier tree. not sure if the name is correct for the localized one but the JP name was Perfection Style. Highly suggest getting the SP centric skills too which are after the accuracy ones.

Yup those SP skills from the rapier tree along with the ones in the katana tree are really indispensable, specially against bosses, or enemies of a higher level than you.

Parakeetman

Damn. I can't wait to play this. End of the month can't come soon enough. I hope it's a $30 game though I think that's wishful thinking.

The only 30 dollar game I can remember for the west was Freedom Wars. SS delta was 36.

Yup those SP skills from the rapier tree along with the ones in the katana tree are really indispensable, specially against bosses, or enemies of a higher level than you.

More the 2H axe high lv skills combined with the 100% hit cause some serious damage.

Parakeetman

I was actually surprised at FWs price, I was actually expecting the usual 40$ for it.

I guess Sony knows that the hunting genre doesnt do as well in the US therefore dropping the price to something a bit easier to grasp, though might bite them in the ass later am sure other companies are not as amused about it.

Phlebas

Banned

Ok sounds good, thanks for the reply.

Do I need to lvl another weapon first before I can use the Rapier?

Parakeetman

Dont believe so. You should be able to buy one from the shop. Just be warned its a little bit of a low damage weapon, so be ready for some drawn out fights at times. Though thankfully one of the sword skills drops DEF of your target.

The first boss
the giant eye is weak to piercing type of damage so would be good to have leveled up.

I guess Sony knows that the hunting genre doesnt do as well in the US therefore dropping the price to something a bit easier to grasp, though might bite them in the ass later am sure other companies are not as amused about it.

Yeah, you have DD only games with what I'd say have less content than FW that sell for 45$ on the store. Plus 30$ is the price of the physical release, DD might be cheaper, who knows.

I believe the only two that need full trees to be used are the Katana (full scimitar tree to unlock the katana skills) and the two handed sword (full 1 sword tree to unlock the tree).

Stuart444

I recommend leveling up the dual sword skills at some point, and get the Eclipse. That move was indispensable to me near the end.

It was thanks to that and some parrying/running around that I beat the second two level 180 monsters that you have to fight for quests.

Running around, avoiding most attacks and using the Eclipse a lot (and SP potions before the battle has begin + two SP battle skills being equipped) helped me win the fights at level 124.

Fun stuff but yeah, the Eclipse is a great move. :)

HIR0

Got a question regarding the implementation system.
I know there are hollow points and the other number requirement.
That's the number of hollow missions we have to complete to acquire the skill right?

Parakeetman

Got a question regarding the implementation system.
I know there are hollow points and the other number requirement.
That's the number of hollow missions we have to complete to acquire the skill right?

Yes that should be correct.

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
So a fan asked me how this line would be changed. This has led to the best email of my career so far.
855542291.jpg

It's going to be:
"Well, we've been battling through these Floors for a while now. I should hope we've gotten better at it."
Who ever asked me for this, hope you get the EU/US game now :p

So a fan asked me how this line would be changed. This has led to the best email of my career so far.
855542291.jpg

It's going to be:
"Well, we've been battling through these Floors for a while now. I should hope we've gotten better at it."

If it wasn't $60+ shipping on Playasia I'd easily get that over the usa digital. >.>

RalchAC

855542291.jpg

It's going to be:

Look at Asuna's face. She looks... satisfied. Klein must be a beast.

Stuart444

Regardless of the price, this game does have 70+ hours of content easily so it will be worth the purchase.

I'm taking a break from the game myself now until the ENG version comes out, just so I don't burn myself out. (Plus ToX2 is coming out so I'll have that as well to play while playing SAOHF).

I do wonder when we'll get news of the next SAO game, probably next year I assume. Hopefully HF does well enough to get it over here as well :D (I can only imagine it being released during SAOIIs run can only help it)

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T CLICK THE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME.

All I have been doing is play this during my free times. I dun goofed and let a side character die on an earlier boss level so I will not get a silver trophy. I've already sunk 20+ hrs into the game and I don't want to go all over again for a single trophy.
I'm currently past floor 85 and just finished the quests for 86th for the Infinity side. I also have progressed enough
to see Asuna in a nude apron, Bathed with Lisbeth on a cave, saw pina progressed from a weak to a one hitter dragon with the small girl and earned a kiss from my supposed sister (urgh).
On the Hollow side however,
I'm stuck on Bastea. what should I do to unlock the tower at Bastea. Mission tells me I should talk to Philia over some ruins but where? Anyone help?

Stuart444

On the Hollow side however,
I'm stuck on Bastea. what should I do to unlock the tower at Bastea. Mission tells me I should talk to Philia over some ruins but where? Anyone help?

I forget, try going back to the hub and talk to Philia there? (maybe head back to Floor 76 and then return, sometimes I did that and it helped progress things a bit) Besides that, I'd just recommend exploring a bit and seeing if she initiates any talking herself? Or talking to her at random points in Bastea.

Top Bottom