• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yep, screwed either way. But we have to buy it to keep getting nice things.

Dont see how you are screwed considering you are even getting the game in the first place. Now if it was US and no EU then sure. Otherwise yeah not seeing the screwed thing. Let alone fair price for amount of content, esp when amount of work taken to localize it is brought into the picture.

Ahzrei

Banned
Dont see how you are screwed considering you are even getting the game in the first place. Now if it was US and no EU then sure. Otherwise yeah not seeing the screwed thing. Let alone fair price for amount of content, esp when amount of work taken to localize it is brought into the picture.

Will buy day 1.

I still hope we get that patch though.

Parakeetman

Will buy day 1.

I still hope we get that patch though.

Agreed, really do hope all of you in the EU also get the patch so you will be able to even further enjoy the title. But at least until then there is a TON of stuff to do. :)

Mendrox

Don't see the reason when I could just import the game a long time ago and also get every patch for sure (and don't have to hope for it). Retail would have been very nice, 5$/5€ cheaper would have solved every complain. Just sucks to not have it in your hand, because I think it is magical to open new games or to have them in a package.
I also know that this game has content for over 100 hours, but I could have played it a long time ago and hoped for a cheaper price. Now I don't want to import the game because I want to support the game for future releases (so that Bamco doesn't say that we europe people dont support them). It's just a bad circle of problems. :-(

I'm the European CM! I'll have info for the European price but not the other countries.

Which will be: 39.99 euros. Sounds like a fair price to me but, you know, people are never happy :p
No new info concerning the patch, but I promise your patience will be rewarded soon! (disclaimer: this is not confirmation of getting or not getting it).
EDIT: so sorry for that double post...

I want to thank you for the constant updates you bring too :) And to me 39.99€ is a good price, no complains here. I would have preferred a physical release but I understand it's not always possible and I'm happy we get the game at all!

not really considering when you look at other titles prices.

I wouldn't say it's not just the price for those who are interested, it's more the timing AND the price. This is the season in which core gamers have a ton of stuff releasing, and if those people are anything like me, not only do they have limited time, they also have a limited amount of money to spend. I understand why people are saying what they are saying.

TUSR

Banned
It depends on the publisher, and if the game has also a physical release. It seems that if the game also has a physical release it is more likely to be also on PSN for 39.99€

I just wasn't too sure on the Euro pricing for new games, I know in Canada new games are typically 29.99-49.99. Which at the max is still almost 10CAD less than the EU release.

Regardless im still buying this and importing, I want to see the DLC released in NA/EU.

If you guys have Facebook, I've started a fun popularity contest. Vote for your favorite character :p http://bngames.eu/SAOcontest (hope it's okay to post this).
#TeamSinon

#TeamSinon

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago and am finally getting around to watching the anime. At episode 12 right now. Is it okay to drop off after 14 and start playing?

TUSR

Banned
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago and am finally getting around to watching the anime. At episode 12 right now. Is it okay to drop off after 14 and start playing?

Honestly, just full stop and pretend SAO doesn't exist after 14 episodes.

Stuart444

I liked all of Season 1 (including the fairy arc) though even I'll admit, I hate what they did to Asuna in it. She gets like one badass moment when she
breaks out of the cage
but the rest of the time, she's just a DiD :(

As for the price, I looked up Atelier Totori Plus and Demon Gaze (former is digital only, latter is physical and digital) and on the EU store, they were both 39.99 euros (Dollars on American store) and £32.99 for Demon Gaze, £34.99 for Totori Plus on the UK store (yes same price on the EU store but on the UK store, they are different prices o_O)

So comparing those to SAOHF, and I think the price is pretty good.

We do have several weeks before release, maybe we'll find out about the patch soon, next week maybe? (the week before release)

Here's hoping :)

Tsunamo

$58 (converted from Euros to AUD) is a littlebit hard a price for me to swallow for a digital only game (only $2 less than what the retail price for One Piece Unlimited World Red was here) but given Bandai Namcos digital pricing for Australia for Vita games i'm hoping it'll be more closer to the $50 mark here which sits perfectly fine with me if the game's as content heavy as everyone's saying.

Really looking forward to its release later in the month and the patch if we end up getting it eventually.

MrMuscle

Started re-watching SAO today just to hype myself up for the release of the game. Watching it in its original language this time around seeing as thats the voices ill hear ingame. Hm, while typing that i realized i dont know if they used the same voice actors. Can anyone confirm if they did?

Started re-watching SAO today just to hype myself up for the release of the game. Watching it in its original language this time around seeing as thats the voices ill hear ingame. Hm, while typing that i realized i dont know if they used the same voice actors. Can anyone confirm if they did?
Same JP VAs yes. Japan has very high esteem for their voice actors, so there's that. Usually a character belongs to that one person until the end of their days (take Igor from the Persona series as an example).

Phlebas

Banned
Sooo, after about 30 minutes or so all I can say is....Penetration!
Aha

Gaze your eyes on this

lYrDThX.jpg

matmanx1

Behind Destiny, SAO Hollow Fragment is my most anticipated game of the fall. I like the story and characters and the gameplay looks like it is right up my alley.

It stinks that our EU brethren are having to pay more for the same game but hopefully the game will be worth it, even at the higher price.

Honestly I have always been expecting $40 for the digital version in the USA. I have no idea why someone would be expecting anything less for a game with so much content and work that went into it.

Arthos

It's up there with my most anticipated game of the year along with Persona Q. Pokemon? Ehh.

I'm hoping they make a GGO game and are able to bring it over, too.

TUSR

Banned
Honestly I have always been expecting $40 for the digital version in the USA. I have no idea why someone would be expecting anything less for a game with so much content and work that went into it.

For me it was unfamiliarity with Vita digital only releases, my initial reaction was more of a "Wow is this normal?" as opposed to a "Wow this is too much!"

There is just so much content in the game that a $40 price tag is justified.

Stuart444

It makes me happy to see so many people here who are going to buy it. Also checked Gfaqs with a thread full of people who are buying it.

Fingers crossed that this means good things for the game when it's released :D

WiseWarrior

Neo Member
Posting my question again before it gets lost in the influx of new posts due to the price announcement.

So far I've attempted to take on the
Hydra-like boss in the Volcanic area
Died twice, each time getting it to 2/5th health. Definitely winnable, just very difficult due to its attack patterns. Question to those who've played the update. Are the other level 200 NMs easier or harder than the
hydra?
The
knight with four legs surrounded by the lesser knights, also in the Volcanic area
seemed rather easy in comparison, and I halved its health with my old weapon that's 4x weaker than my current one.

Stuart444

Why do I have a shared inventory tab with
Sachi
... д・´)

Because
Kirito had one with her and being dead does not negate it. You don't need to be married to have a shared tab. Also one of those items in her tab, open it in Kirito's room if you haven't :)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm don't remember that happening in the show. And yeah I assume
the voice recording will be the same one from the show?
Really great attention to detail if so.

Stuart444

Hmm don't remember that happening in the show. And yeah I assume
the voice recording will be the same one from the show?
Really great attention to detail if so.

It wasn't elaborated too much in the show but was mentioned in the LN I believed. Also
No voice recording but the music is there. ;_; when I heard it

Little details like having Sachi's message in the shared inventory tab is just so fucking cool. These devs thought of everything to make this an extension of the show.

Parakeetman

Little details like having Sachi's message in the shared inventory tab is just so fucking cool. These devs thought of everything to make this an extension of the show.

this game is what the second half of the first season should have been (´Д`|||)

Although I did not hate the 2nd half of the show like the majority of the people did, I'd have to agree, the Aincrad/ Hollow Fragment arcs in this surpass ALO by a huge margin.

Here's hoping that for their next title they go after GGO and not ALO :p

Top Bottom