• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

rav

I decided to support my region (NA), and get it in physical (JA) after completing the NA region version.

I recently checked back on what people answered to my question, and thought I'd update the thread. :)

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
8 days NA release? 8 days.

Anyone know the size of it yet? I still only have an 8 gig card that I shuffle things around with. I can probably get rid of a few things but hoping my 3 gigs remaining will do the job.

It's about 3GB, so I guess that should be enough!

Guys, Kirito is winning the vote. This can not stand! #TeamSinon

MSMrRound

Guys, Kirito is winning the vote. This can not stand! #TeamSinon

Sinon is leading against the other female leads.

Sinon-RL-GGO-ALO.png

I'm okay with that.

Stuart444

I actually just finished the first volume of the light novel this weekend which I liked surprisingly well. It's an excellent complement to the Aincrad arc of the anime.

I'm in the middle of it, it's pretty cool though I do take notice of certain things that have been retcon'd by both the anime and Progressive Vol 1 (which I think is out next year officially)

Still the LN is a fun read.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Finished s1 of the show, really did not like that second to last episode |`Д´|

Can start playing again though now that that's resolved. Should I start watching s2 and be introduced to Sinon or do they do a good enough job of that in the game?

Can start playing again though now that that's resolved. Should I start watching s2 and be introduced to Sinon or do they do a good enough job of that in the game?
If you watch it before, let's just say that a lot of things that aren't implied in the game will make a lot more sense like, slight spoiler
her fixation for getting stronger.

garath

If you watch it before, let's just say that a lot of things that aren't implied in the game will make a lot more sense like, slight spoiler
her fixation for getting stronger.

Hmm.. I guess I should finish S1. I'm on ep22. Might as well get to the good stuff in S2.

The reason why she is the way she is, is literally explained in the first and second episodes of the second season. I played the game without knowing it and it didn't detract from the game one bit. But when the show came out I put the dots together and it made a lot more sense because in the game
she doesn't really know why she wants to be stronger either.

Listonosh

Is there a reason the game gives you the ability to make your own character, even though cutscenes and portraits still show standard Kirito as your main character?

Is there a reason the game gives you the ability to make your own character, even though cutscenes and portraits still show standard Kirito as your main character?

Here's my best guess. Why can you change attributes? Because you are in a game. You can change your looks in games, and SAO is no different. You are still the same person playing the game (technically speaking you are playing as Kirito in his VR set, same player can change his character looks). Now why don't they change the portraits and name? Too many variables at force, there are like, a couple dozens of different combinations that you could make, it would be too much work to code all those variables.

I went and got rid of my own progress by mistakingly downloading instead of uploading my save file to PS+... Sigh 3 hours lost, and I'm now back on floor 96, with the lvl 180 dragon undefeated... I can't believe this.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I went and got rid of my own progress by mistakingly downloading instead of uploading my save file to PS+... Sigh 3 hours lost, and I'm now back on floor 96, with the lvl 180 dragon undefeated... I can't believe this.

yeah thats the thing anyone who uses the ps plus ul / dl service has to be careful of. am always trying to make sure i dont pick the wrong one D:

matmanx1

I'm watching S2 right along with the rest of you but so far I still like Asuna the best and voted accordingly. Sinon might be more realistic but Asuna is still the ideal woman afaik.

yeah thats the thing anyone who uses the ps plus ul / dl service has to be careful of. am always trying to make sure i dont pick the wrong one D:

This totally blows... Even though I only lost 3 hours in game, those 3 hours were full of me dying trying to kill those lvl 180s. So I lost something like 5-7 hours right there. Fuckk.

Tell me how I am back where I was in just an hour... I killed both lvl 180s first try, in less than a minute each. All I did was equip my dual swords, and just spam the long 16 hit combo skill thanks to the SP regen skill and this new charm that I bought that grants faster SP regen as well. That and me ordering Sinon to attack whenever my animation was about to finish, kept both monsters trapped in our attacks and couldn't even move. I left from these two battles untouched, and with a big grin on my face. What a few days ago was two 3 hour struggles was today two 5 min quickies.

HIR0

How the heck are some of you taking on NM enemies that are like 50 levels ahead of you?
The highest I've beaten was that Monarch boss to undo the seal for the second hollow area and it was only like 30-35 levels above me.

How the heck are some of you taking on NM enemies that are like 50 levels ahead of you?
The highest I've beaten was that Monarch boss to undo the seal for the second hollow area and it was only like 30-35 levels above me.

In my case, 55 for myself, 60 for Sinon :p It's all about using the right skills, right timing and right weapon. That along with some good commands for your Heroine, cuz really 80% time I lose the battle because Sinon gets too close to the enemy's area of attack (which usually causes a 1 to 2 hit kill when the levels are that far apart).

WHAT?

I read a while back I think even in this thread that she was only in the DLC.

Damn this is good news.

Wasn't me, I'm always raving about how awesome she is, and I don't even have an Asian account :p Granted she's not the greatest of characters, but once you max one of her skills out (I recommend BUFF btw) she is a buff/debuf/stat ailment beast. You do the work, she weakens the enemy slowly. Also both her and Lisbeth, like I mentioned earlier, are in my opinion the best two characters in this game, story wise.

HIR0

WHAT?

I read a while back I think even in this thread that she was only in the DLC.

Damn this is good news.
She's definitely not DLC but an inclusion from the very start of the game.
However, her circumstances and I guess her story/background is different from the anime.
That's all I can say without spoiling.

Soi-Fong

Game literally comes out the day of my flight to the Philippines to visit family. Hope I can download it beforehand. I'll have SAO goodness the whole flight then!!

Also, Lisbeth!! ;)

She's definitely not DLC but an inclusion from the very start of the game.
However, her circumstances and I guess her story/background is different from the anime.
That's all I can say without spoiling.

The bolded, I would say isn't so true... Read below if you are up to date on GGO.

Sure her, SPOILER
memory loss isn't in the show, but that worked as a device as to not spoil the show to the buyers of the game, this came out well before the show did. HOWEVER you are given an idea of her always trying to get stronger, and not wanting to be dependent of others, which directly relates to her trauma from the show. Pretty much her whole arc here, although it isn't the offical route, was a foreshadowing of this season that is on now.

Game literally comes out the day of my flight to the Philippines to visit family. Hope I can download it beforehand. I'll have SAO goodness the whole flight then!!

Also, Lisbeth!! ;)
But we have a physical release of the game here, although to redeem the dlc codes you need to have a South east asian PSN account.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I haven't restarted yet. Will post a humorous post later to commemorate my lost 40+hr save.

Soi-Fong

But we have a physical release of the game here, although to redeem the dlc codes you need to have a South east asian PSN account.

I'd rather have the clean translations though from the NA version. :p But since I am gonna be in Quezon City for most of the trip, I might go hunting for the physical release then. Not sure where I would start though.

The DLC sounds tempting though, but I'm just hoping it gets localized also.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

its possible if you have all the right skills unlocked and know how to deploy them efficiently

HIR0

The bolded, I would say isn't so true... Read below if you are up to date on GGO.

Sure her, SPOILER
memory loss isn't in the show, but that worked as a device as to not spoil the show to the buyers of the game, this came out well before the show did. HOWEVER you are given an idea of her always trying to get stronger, and not wanting to be dependent of others, which directly relates to her trauma from the show. Pretty much her whole arc here, although it isn't the offical route, was a foreshadowing of this season that is on now.

Is this revealed around the cut scene when
she drops out of the sky?
I think I remember that part.

TUSR

Banned
that's what I figured. It will likely depend on how the first month's sales do... thus why I will be getting this day 1.
I'm supporting the NA release but I'm torn which to start playing. There is enough content in the base game to tide me over for a while.

zulux21

I'm supporting the NA release but I'm torn which to start playing. There is enough content in the base game to tide me over for a while.

that's kind of my thoughts(that the base game has plenty of content), heck I need to locate a new vita memory card for my wife anyways so that she can actually download and play the game with me.

Top Bottom