• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Is it possible for me to ignore Asuna in this game by virtue of liking every single one of Kirito's various love interests more?

If it was between Asuna and Klein, I'd choose Klein.

Is it possible for me to ignore Asuna in this game by virtue of liking every single one of Kirito's various love interests more?

If it was between Asuna and Klein, I'd choose Klein.
LOL hmm no because you have main events with her that are relevant for the story. However you can refrain from going on "dates" with her and pick other Heroines
you must go with Simon. Why? Because I said so.
I'm not too sure if you can do the same with Klein.

nowai

Vitabros, I am really bummed is coming out the same day as Diablo.

I am usually a day one to show support Vita owner, but my PS4 is arriving tomorrow and I know I will be all Diablo until Destiny.

I love the anime and have a soft spot for a grindy RPGs if the combat is fun. After playing Dragon's Crown again with my friends who were too cheap to buy it before it was on Plus, I am ready for another.

Unfortunately, I skipped Reaper of Souls on PC because I know it would be coming to PS4.

DX

Phlebas

Banned
Just looked up chapter 16.5

Is this canon?

"Yes... Make me...full...with your thing Kirito..."

Reads like bad fan-fiction.

St8lMaT.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
do keep things more on track and less about the novel related stuff as we have other threads in offtopic for that.

Phlebas

Banned
do keep things more on track and less about the novel related stuff as we have other threads in offtopic for that.

Sorry, will do.
This thread moves so quick, is the update/patch announced for EU/US?

Yes it was confirmed by the CM in this thread.

Also getting free DLC costumes (both regions)

Edit: The post in question

Hey guys! Sorry I'm like super busy with Gamescom BUT I wanted to share the good news with you: YES (finallly) we are getting the patch! And we'll have free DLC on launch day (and more DLC to come). Here's the quote from the press release:
"For fans who will want even more Sword Art Online excitement, a major update will be available after launch on September 24th to extend the already-thrilling and plentiful Sword Art Online experience. This free update will raise the level cap from 200 to 250 and provide an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay including 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas and more!"

Renpatsu

Hmn, what are the chances of a physical English R3 release based on the US localisation (like what FFX/X-2 HD Remaster and some other games have with multiple R3 releases) happening down the line?

I know there's DLC, but presumable that's cosmetic?

Parakeetman

Hmn, what are the chances of a physical English R3 release based on the US localisation (like what FFX/X-2 HD Remaster and some other games have with multiple R3 releases) happening down the line?

I know there's DLC, but presumable that's cosmetic?

slim to none or else they woukd have made physical copies in the first place.

slim to none or else they woukd have made physical copies in the first place.

It looks like I will be buying this game day0. I might have asked this question before, but how much fanservice is there in this game (I'm not a fan of random panty shots)?

(is this a game I could be playing on a buss?)

Ironjam

Game got my interest. Looked at some gameplay videos and it seems to be up my alley + it seems to be well received here (Gaf suggestions havent let me down yet) so i quickly watched the anime as well in preparation. Only 1 week left, cant wait :p.

Parakeetman

Wish they could've had some signup for a limited physical release or something.

Not sure if that would work.

budget was already drawn up and done a long time ago i reckon which includes things like that also unfortunately.

Parakeetman

It looks like I will be buying this game day0. I might have asked this question before, but how much fanservice is there in this game (I'm not a fan of random panty shots)?

(is this a game I could be playing on a buss?)

should be fine for the most part as you will be adventuring for a good 80% of your experience id say.

MQX

Hey guys! Sorry I'm like super busy with Gamescom BUT I wanted to share the good news with you: YES (finallly) we are getting the patch! And we'll have free DLC on launch day (and more DLC to come). Here's the quote from the press release:
"For fans who will want even more Sword Art Online excitement, a major update will be available after launch on September 24th to extend the already-thrilling and plentiful Sword Art Online experience. This free update will raise the level cap from 200 to 250 and provide an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay including 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas and more!"
Awesome :D.

I was thinking to import the game(because I was unsure about the patch coming to EU). But now it's official. The patch is coming to EU :).

Also the free DLC has the wedding dress, dress shirt, nightie, and school swimsuit for all the game’s heroines D: .(according to Silliconera :p).

Although there is fan service, just like Parakeet said it'll only happen between you clearing a floor, and going to the next. This is the flow of events:

You start on floor 76, where the main floor/hub city is. You go after the "!" For story events, you see them all, go to the central area of town, speak to the quest guy, get a few quests, head out to w.e floor u are at.

Kill everything, complete the quests (in order to unlock the ability to go fight the boss later). You will then reach the maze area, which is usually 3 floors, and at the end find the door to the bosses lair.

Go back to town, report to the guild master, he will check if you pass all the requirements, then you fight the boss, proceeding to the next main floor after defeating it.

You go back to floor 76, see more story events, rinse, repeat.

Parakeetman

Awesome :D.

I was thinking to import the game(because I was unsure about the patch coming to EU). But now it's official. The patch is coming to EU :).

Also the free DLC has the wedding dress, dress shirt, nightie, and school swimsuit for all the game’s heroines D: .(according to Silliconera :p).

there is actually more dlc than that. but perhaps its just the first batch for the west. same with how other dlc content came out over a period of time for japan

Parakeetman

Although there is fan service, just like Parakeet said it'll only happen between you clearing a floor, and going to the next. This is the flow of events:

You start on floor 76, where the main floor/hub city is. You go after the "!" For story events, you see them all, go to the central area of town, speak to the quest guy, get a few quests, head out to w.e floor u are at.

Kill everything, complete the quests (in order to unlock the ability to go fight the boss later). You will then reach the maze area, which is usually 3 floors, and at the end find the door to the bosses lair.

Go back to town, report to the guild master, he will check if you pass all the requirements, then you fight the boss, proceeding to the next main floor after defeating it.

thats for the aincrad clearing side of things. if you really are worried just work on levelling, advancing in the hollow area

TUSR

Banned
Not sure if it was already answered but what's the file size of the game going to be like including the patch?

Standalone game was 3GB, and the patch is quite a bit. Over 1GB iirc.

Let me find out for sure.

Edit: I'm not getting any concrete results on the DLC size. Someone here will have to confirm the size.

nikos

Without spoiling anything, is this game's story the same as the anime's or is it a new story within the SAO universe? I just finished the first season in anticipation.

Without spoiling anything, is this game's story the same as the anime's or is it a new story within the SAO universe? I just finished the first season in anticipation.

As far as I know (I don't have the game yet) the game starts off after Episode 14? of Season 1 and tells a new story from there on.

antibolo

Banned
OH MAN, I finally received my copy of the game I ordered back in June from Play-Asia.

That was ludicrous. I will never use Play-Asia's free shipping ever again.

Parakeetman

takes place from ep 14 totally different story from there. info was in the OT faq #6

Shizuka

OH MAN, I finally received my copy of the game I ordered back in June from Play-Asia.

That was ludicrous. I will never use Play-Asia's free shipping ever again.

I got a game I ordered on May yesterday. It varies a lot, but in most cases, it's awful.

Could you check your content manager to see the install size of the DLC/saves?
I'm not Parakeetman but I'll try to answer this. The save files usually hovers around 1.5-2.0mb (with only around 1mb that will be uploaded to the PS+ cloud). Total file size of my SAO today is 570mb and that includes the massive 1.03 update, boatloads of DLC unlocks.

Take note though that I'm using a physical retail copy. R3 (Asian) copy updated to the latest patch and downloaded all the possible DLCs.

Edit: More detailed breakdown. Quote to reveal since it is quite lengthy. All the DLCs so far included in the Asian English version available on the Asia PSN store.
;

TUSR

Banned
I'm not Parakeetman but I'll try to answer this. The save files usually hovers around 1.5-2.0mb (with only around 1mb that will be uploaded to the PS+ cloud). Totall file size of my SAO today is 570mb and that includes the massive 1.03 update, boatloads of DLC unlocks.

Take note though that I'm using a physical retail copy. R3 (Asian) copy updated to the latest patch and downloaded all the possible DLCs.

Thank you for this,

So it seems to the earlier question you should budget 3.6GB for this game.

Not sure if it was already answered but what's the file size of the game going to be like including the patch?

Thank you for this,

I updated my earlier post with all the DLCs and their file sizes. Might spoil you though.

That's all that is available on the Asian PSN store, I think there a few Japanese Dlcs still to release here (?).
Japan's version is at 1.06 (or 1.07) right now. Asia is at 1.03 but includes the contents of the patches up to 1.05. In case anyone is wondering.

Man I am excited for this, but still can not get a grasp of how this game is played via YouTube videos...

Anyone here care to take the time to upload something explaining how the heck this is played in English, I would be eternally grateful, I literally started watching the anime and trying to reach episode 14 before this comes out.

I just don't want to buy it digitally for 40$ and be frustrated. Thanks if anyone takes this Challenge or can point me o a video I may have missed!

should be fine for the most part as you will be adventuring for a good 80% of your experience id say.

Thanks both of you.

I have not seen anyone talking about the game being repetitious, is the combat system that good or does it have to do with the games theme of being like a MMORPG (whose whole purpose is to grind)?

Sitrus

Thank you for this,

The size for JP download version is currently 3441 MB with all patches and DLCs. Should be somewhere around that for the western version too.

Phlebas

Banned
I might just wait for the NA patch date to start playing again since the game play changes are so noticeable.

Going from the import v1.0 to v1.3 makes a big difference for me at least.

garath

So they said the patch will be coming west in sept right? I think it was posted but I'm on mobile right now. Hard to page through it all.

Top Bottom