• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Stuart444

also if you let any of the non essential npcs die during the boss raid events in aincrad they are dead for good. so keep that in mind. story related npcs if they die its game over.

Honestly, that's pretty much impossible for the first 15 floors, you really have to (not) try for anyone to die and even at floor 90+, it's pretty easy to keep others alive I found.

Mendrox

Hype intensifies only a week to go. :)
I really really hope that we will get the Patch too, else I would have to import it to get the new content too.

Edit: Sinon, Sinon everywhere.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm at 75 clocked in (game doesn't record how many hours you have if you die, and I die a lot battling the over levelled enemies as a challenge lol) so more like 80-90hrs and I'm now on floor 97 of 100 from the first arc, 3rd area of 5 in the second arc, and the patch stuff I haven't even touched yet and that one adds another 30hrs to the game. Hope that puts some perspective into how massive this game is.

ive put in almost 50 hours and thats just messing around in the first and second hollow area have visited the othees by pseudo mp and cleared 4 floors of aincrad.

got sidetracked with all the other OTs i run here at GAF. i know ill put in over 100 hours easy with how i play and am equipped and leveled to rip through the story if i wanted to lol. same with my partners

Parakeetman

Honestly, that's pretty much impossible for the first 15 floors, you really have to (not) try for anyone to die and even at floor 90+, it's pretty easy to keep others alive I found.

i think you can get them killed if you dont understand basics like hate management and directional awareness for the area effect attacks which ties into hate management to keep the enemy facing you to point such attacks away from the raid group

before taking on bosses highly suggest a player get fully comfortable with the battle system.

Finish off the Hollow Area now before you finish the floor clearing arc. Just do it.

Should I? I was thinking of finishing Aincrad off before the crazy release weeks dropped so that I could just hop in and out of SAO to explore the hollow area only. Is there any benefit to finishing the latter over the former? I only have these 3 floors in Aincrad to go :p

MSMrRound

Sinon is best girl, but once you folks playing the NA/EU copy, do give Lisbeth and Silica the attention they need in-game. They never really have that chance in the anime.

Buk0KliCQAA8rEy.jpg

More deban!

Should I?

Clearing Hollow Fragment segment unlocks
Yuuki
(if I'm not wrong) and some more stuff. I find it's more advisable to clear HF before finishing off Aincard.

Parakeetman

Should I? I was thinking of finishing Aincrad off before the crazy release weeks dropped so that I could just hop in and out of SAO to explore the hollow area only. Is there any benefit to finishing the latter over the former? I only have these 3 floors in Aincrad to go :p

you get to free philia from the hollow area so she can join you on aincrad adventures i believe it was

My favorite is Sinon because of her grounded personality. Lisbeth is my second though, her story bits are just wonderful, they really added a lot of depth to her. As for Silica I only have this to say
this girl needs to buy some pants and ditch the skirt. All that ever happens to her in this game has to do with her skirt being lifted LMFAO I swear to god.

Parakeetman

Sinon is best girl, but once you folks playing the NA/EU copy, do give Lisbeth and Silica the attention they need in-game. They never really have that chance in the anime.

More deban!

Clearing Hollow Fragment segment unlocks
Yuuki
(if I'm not wrong) and some more stuff. I find it's more advisable to clear HF before finishing off Aincard.

lisbeth is mai waifu clearly best girl

now only is she would stop knocking enemies away from me ruining mah comboz Σ(T▽T;)

Stuart444

i think you can get them killed if you dont understand basics like hate management and directional awareness for the area effect attacks which ties into hate management to keep the enemy facing you to point such attacks away from the raid group

I didn't even notice that the UI has a thing that says "<<<< target" (or >>>> target, I forget off the top of my head) until like floor 95 or something funnily enough. Almost anytime I attack (even after using Switch which generally transfers aggro to your partner), a few hits from my weapon transfer aggro back onto me.

It might be, because I know MMOs but I figured Red Lines make it obvious where an attack will hit which means you just need to point that away from your party. But again, might just be because I know/have played MMOs.

You're more likely to die than have an NPC died if you don't know how to parry or side step attacks I find. (true story: that's how I lost my first ever floor boss fight)

Stuart444

You get to face a secret boss if you do.
A character who appears in NG+ but ONLY if you beat her at the end of the Aincrad arc and you can only face her if you beat the Hollow Arc first

Also if you're at area 3, you could easily finish it within a day or two depending on how much you play. (this assumes you stick to only doing the hollow area like I did when I got to Area 3)

Parakeetman

I didn't even notice that the UI has a thing that says "<<<< target" (or >>>> target, I forget off the top of my head) until like floor 95 or something funnily enough. Almost anytime I attack (even after using Switch which generally transfers aggro to your partner), a few hits from my weapon transfer aggro back onto me.

It might be, because I know MMOs but I figured Red Lines make it obvious where an attack will hit which means you just need to point that away from your party. But again, might just be because I know/have played MMOs.

You're more likely to die than have an NPC died if you don't know how to parry or side step attacks I find. (true story: that's how I lost my first ever floor boss fight)

its mainly the unlucky crits which can kill npcs same with the player on occasion. even more so if ones risk level is high.

pretty much since a lot of us here are familiar with mmos can see it being a non issue but at the same time too with new players id imagine them to be a bit overwhelmed with their first boss boss raid lol. thankfully its not that difficult!

Phillia and Yuuki
uh... Do they add anything to the story? Or is it just that I can select them to bring with me to the Maze area? If so I would rather get Aincrad out of the way since really, the only challenge I get out of it now is those lvl 180 side quest bosses, and then spend all my time in the Hollow Area and Patch areas.
EDIT: Hmmmmm decisions... It's so tempting to just finish it off :X

Stuart444

Phillia and Yuuki
uh... Do they add anything to the story? Or is it just that I can select them to bring with me to the Maze area? If so I would rather get Aincrad out of the way since really, the only challenge I get out of it now is those lvl 180 side quest bosses, and then spend all my time in the Hollow Area and Patch areas.

You get character event scenes with
Philia
, not sure about
Yuuki
but you do get to use her from the start.
Also She might/should appear later on in SAOII so you might want to see her before hand. (She's in the Mother Rosario arc)

Parakeetman

Phillia and Yuuki

*insert sad sachi gif*

:'( guess I have to finish the Hollow Area first then... I really wanted to take my sweet time with it, and have it as a side project as I played whatever drops every week these next 2 months. In a way it still works out fine, I can still do the same. Also it'll level me up and it'll make those lvl 180 fights a bit more bearable. As I am in lvl 125, those things are a pain in the butt.

Welp. After sinking more than 40 hours into the game, I made a stupid decision to format my Vita to my Asian account, without uploading my save data to the PS+ cloud first. That's a bittersweet moment for me since I really can't play longer due to RL issues but atleast I can now erase my noob rush failures earlier (letting a NPC die on a boss fight, letting Asuna take a last attacking bonus). Now on the proper region, I can download the preorder dlcs and other stuffs I left when I played the game on my R1 account.

Thank God, The game is soooo good I have no problems restarting it. And thanks to the thread, I'll start again with clearing the hollow area now.

Welp. After sinking more than 40 hours into the game, I made a stupid decision to format my Vita to my Asian account, without uploading my save data to the PS+ cloud first. That's a bittersweet moment for me since I really can't play longer due to RL issues but atleast I can now erase my noob rush failures earlier (letting a NPC die on a boss fight, letting Asuna take a last attacking bonus). Now on the proper region, I can download the preorder dlcs and other stuffs I left when I played the game on my R1 account.

Thank God, The game is soooo good I have no problems restarting it. And thanks to the thread, I'll start again with clearing the hollow area now.

Ouch if I lost my 75hr save I would probably lose my shit. Set your saves to auto upload on PS+ people, for real!

Aesthet1c

My wife and I just heard about this show and have been binge watching it on Netflix.

Awesome to see there is a game too. Definitely going to have to check this out on the 19th.

WiseWarrior

Neo Member
Adding to the length posts, I've spent 90 hours. I've completed the Hollow Areas around 95% (Almost every chest minus two of the Rank 3 Bosses) I beat all 100 floors, beat the new quest in the update, and spent a lot of time battling bosses 40-70 levels above me. (Honestly, that's the most fun part about the game)

As it is now, I'm taking a break but not done. I'm strong enough now to take on level 200 bosses at level 132. It's still quite difficult, and I have other games to play, so I'll come back to it later.

Tohsaka

any news about US version being the same as Asian version or they dubbed it completely?

Play-Asia stated Asian version already has English subtitles
maybe I should get it as I prefer physical copy?

Asian Version at PA

There is no dub. The US/EU versions have Japanese voices with English text, and an improved translation over the Asian version.

Glad and surprised at how active this thread is, really enjoying reading and keeping up with everyone's different experiences (helping inspire directions to explore)

Did not get much time with it on the weekend but i got through to the 2nd hollow area i think, killed a hollow quest boss which was tough but pleasing to beat and proceeded to accidentally walk off the world into the abyss below (didn't realise this could happen)

Question below, not really a spoiler but i will tag it anyway in case people care.
Before i went past the Light blocked door there are 3 black griffins, they are only like 4 levels above me but i can't really hit them or deal damage, i have tried a few weapon types. Any help with this or more importantly how i can tell what weapon will work well against them? pretty sure it was not my hit rating cause i was up at around 200 which i have smashed level 140's with and these are 115
tldr: can you tell what weapons will work against different monsters ie. blunt works well on solid/rock/hard and slashing works well on soft/squishy/light armour

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to continue watching the rest of the anime since episode 15 left a bad taste in my mouth, felt like a bad end.
Asunaaaa &#65288; &#12388; &#1044; &#65344;&#65289;

Just remembered now that i'm at work. here are 2 play-asia vouchers for 5$ off

Won't use them so if anyone has decided to order asian version, feel free to use :D

IK-JPE-VNS
QP-DYX-MUU

ps. both expire 11th sept.

GGO is actually really good so far. Although some people said that it was slow the first few weeks, I'm a sucker for world building episodes. Make a game for the vita and I'll be there day 0.

GGO is actually really good so far. Although some people said that it was slow the first few weeks, I'm a sucker for world building episodes. Make a game for the vita and I'll be there day 0.

Yea i am loving the slow build atm. Just as long as it doesn't dump the storyline/progression in the last 3 episodes, needs to keep pacing.

I feel it could be a good feel to have like a turn based, but 3rd person combat system for the GGO game. mainly because its a shooter and i don't think an action shooter on vita like that would go down so well.....maybe wrong though, not sure how well other shooters have been received on it.

Yea i am loving the slow build atm. Just as long as it doesn't dump the storyline/progression in the last 3 episodes, needs to keep pacing.

I feel it could be a good feel to have like a turn based, but 3rd person combat system for the GGO game. mainly because its a shooter and i don't think an action shooter on vita like that would go down so well.....maybe wrong though, not sure how well other shooters have been received on it.

You have unit 13 and both killzone as good examples of amazing shooters on the system. But I could settle with what they have now, a skill based game that relies on stats rather than accuracy. Think same controls, same feel, except with long ranged weapons. Heck even
"parry" could still be in, thanks to Kirito's bullet deflecting saber!
I'm on to something big here.

You have unit 13 and both killzone as good examples of amazing shooters on the system. But I could settle with what they have now, a skill based game that relies on stats rather than accuracy. Think same controls, same feel, except with long ranged weapons. Heck even
"parry" could still be in, thanks to Kirito's bullet deflecting saber!
I'm on to something big here.

You just expressed my thoughts a heap better than i did. Haha, couldn't think of a way to explain what i was thinking, but yea, stats based rather than aiming based. Also your spoiler tag idea is solid. Plus the current system they have in SAO:HF if you think about it. Just replace all weapon types with gun types, adopt skill names as needed with same system, spend some time building the games ranged combat targeting and you basically have your game done (obv. this is ignoring the world content :p). I've got my money ready :D

Parakeetman

shooters in general here dont sell well let alone devs that can do it right. with that being said might want to get the idea of one being made for ggo out of your head

You just expressed my thoughts a heap better than i did. Haha, couldn't think of a way to explain what i was thinking, but yea, stats based rather than aiming based. Also your spoiler tag idea is solid. Plus the current system they have in SAO:HF if you think about it. Just replace all weapon types with gun types, adopt skill names as needed with same system, spend some time building the games ranged combat targeting and you basically have your game done (obv. this is ignoring the world content :p). I've got my money ready :D

They even said that they were most likely gonna work on a next game. I mean if they go for Alfheim I'll be a bit disappointing, GGO has a much more interesting world... but hey they made the second half of the first SAO better already by giving it a proper continuation, so maybe they could just give Alfheim a better start. :p

Parakeetman

They even said that they were most likely gonna work on a next game. I mean if they go for Alfheim I'll be a bit disappointing, GGO has a much more interesting world... but hey they made the second half of the first SAO better already by giving it a proper continuation, so maybe they could just give Alfheim a better start. :p

actually they can just skip it and make it about
the world created from the seed

Phlebas

Banned
Well I just did a Lvl 3 skill chain and I have no idea how I did it.

Best thing so far about the game, taking on higher lvl enemies than yourself.

That's when you really have to think about what you're doing.

Edit: What's the path to take again for the 100% hit chance?

Parakeetman

rapier

Definitely, battling these level 180 NMs gets my blood pumping. Going at it with a weaker Heroine only makes it even better :p

I believe either lvl 2 or 3 of the Rapier skill. Should be called PFT skill or something like that, and it has a red icon. Not only does it give u 100% hit chance, it also replenishes ur SP completely for 0 cost. I usually do a string of commands until I deplete my SP, and use it last.

Parakeetman

Definitely, battling these level 180 NMs gets my blood pumping. Going at it with a weaker Heroine only makes it even better :p

I believe either lvl 2 or 3 of the Rapier skill. Should be called PFT skill or something like that, and it has a red icon. Not only does it give u 100% hit chance, it also replenishes ur SP completely for 0 cost. I usually do a string of commands until I deplete my SP, and use it last.

The SP recovery skills should be the last skills you learn on the rapier.

The SP recovery skills should be the last skills you learn on the rapier.

Yup or you can also do it the long way, unlock the Katanga, get it's SP skills, get to the last lvl and that will too unlock those same skills as the rapier. Both lvl 6 rapier and Katana unlock that particular subset.

Guys I'm about to face the worst of high level enemies. College finals. Got my first one today. Time to buff my INT and DODGE lol.

garath

8 days NA release? 8 days.

Anyone know the size of it yet? I still only have an 8 gig card that I shuffle things around with. I can probably get rid of a few things but hoping my 3 gigs remaining will do the job.

matmanx1

No dub, GAF is your reviews and they have been mainly positive.

And yes women only as you are still playing as Kirito for the story.

I thought you could sort of woo Klein? Wasn't there a picture floating around somewhere of Kirito holding Klein in his arms walking around town with him?

matmanx1

I actually just finished the first volume of the light novel this weekend which I liked surprisingly well. It's an excellent complement to the Aincrad arc of the anime.

Top Bottom