• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

zulux21

I thought Sword Art Online had a GameStop exclusive physical release.

you are likely thinking of tales of hearts coming out in a few months.
sword art online doesn't have a physical version in NA otherwise I would be paying $80+ for two copies instead of $40 for a single digital copy (I assume that is the price at least)

you are likely thinking of tales of hearts coming out in a few months.
sword art online doesn't have a physical version in NA otherwise I would be paying $80+ for two copies instead of $40 for a single digital copy (I assume that is the price at least)
Oh crap, I was planning to preorder a copy tomorrow at Gamestop. Man I would have looked like a butthole. Now to make room on my Memory card sigh

zulux21

Oh crap, I was planning to preorder a copy tomorrow at Gamestop. Man I would have looked like a butthole. Now to make room on my Memory card sigh

nah you likely would have just confused them and then they would explain that sword art is a digital game that you can buy for $7 for the 3ds as if you type sword art into gamestop you get "Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword" :p

Mendrox

Only a week to go! Soooo hyped. My Vita will burn.

I am so excited that this is not even an anime game like the DBZ games or Naruto games, but rather that it is a GOOD game.

I know that the animes part 2 sucked balls, but I really like the GGO arc so far, but I also liked the Aincrad Arc. Yes the MC wins everything, but the world itself was really good. And I love the Boss' designs

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
Hey guys! Sorry I'm like super busy with Gamescom BUT I wanted to share the good news with you: YES (finallly) we are getting the patch! And we'll have free DLC on launch day (and more DLC to come). Here's the quote from the press release:
"For fans who will want even more Sword Art Online excitement, a major update will be available after launch on September 24th to extend the already-thrilling and plentiful Sword Art Online experience. This free update will raise the level cap from 200 to 250 and provide an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay including 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas and more!"

garath

Hey guys! Sorry I'm like super busy with Gamescom BUT I wanted to share the good news with you: YES (finallly) we are getting the patch! And we'll have free DLC on launch day (and more DLC to come). Here's the quote from the press release:
"For fans who will want even more Sword Art Online excitement, a major update will be available after launch on September 24th to extend the already-thrilling and plentiful Sword Art Online experience. This free update will raise the level cap from 200 to 250 and provide an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay including 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas and more!"

Whoa. That's awesome. Hope NA follows suit.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

thank you isshak gravi, once again great work keeping the fans informed and as always much appreciated that you take time out to stop by here and post. wish you all a fantastic gamescom! (^-^)

Mendrox

Yes yes yes. You are my god. Now I am even more hyped for the game and don't even think that the price tag is not justified. :) I will gladly pay for this (and Xillia 2). Thank you for the information.

Sinon, here we come. :cool:

Thanks for the confirmation, that's relatively timely even! :D And thanks for everything else too! :) Also now 8 days to go... 8 days...

JjtRuqL.jpg

Can someone freeze me please? D:
Better not, I have to study for exams :p

I haven't heard one big negativ about this game. The only thing that people complain about is that they don't have enough time to do everything in this game because the content is so rich.

Pretty much. I keep telling everyone I know that's on the fence my play time, and they just won't believe it. 75hrs, still haven't finish either the Infinity Moment or Hollow Fragment arcs, and the patch content is still untouched, and that's another 30hrs right there. Been playing this for over 2 months now, its one of the most rewarding and long lasting games I've played to date.
I know he is the EU manager, any word if this hits the US version as well?
Brotha I think you need to read the post quoting right above you lol. Yes he said US too.

Pretty much. I keep telling everyone I know that's on the fence my play time, and they just won't believe it. 75hrs, still haven't finish either the Infinity Moment or Hollow Fragment arcs, and the patch content is still untouched, and that's another 30hrs right there. Been playing this for over 2 months now, its one of the most rewarding and long lasting games I've played to date.

Brotha I think you need to read the post quoting right above you lol. Yes he said US too.

I have to stack that almost inane post of mine to typing on my iphone to ask haha, I actually reread the initial quote I did and was like I don't see it, then scrolled down more and was beaten...

Now the only thing I need to do is clear up 4gig of space on my 32 card D:

Yup like I said no excuses to import one version over the other. I would say getting it digitally is actually a blessing since this is a huge game and it is one that you'll want to have on you at all times.

Raxious

BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe SAS today announced that players will be able to enjoy an exciting DLC Costume Pack for free starting from launch until November 18th.

In anticipation of the fast-approaching August 20th launch of the PlayStation®Vita game SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Fragment, BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe SAS today announced that players will be able to enjoy an exciting DLC Costume Pack for free starting from launch until November 18th. The DLC pack will include a wedding dress, dress shirt, nightie, and school swimsuit for all the heroines to adorn.

Take up your swords and fight to conquer the perilous world of Aincrad! The SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Fragment adventure will present epic and breathtaking encounters that will occur on the 75th floor and above due to the exhilarating burst gauge combat and the twisted storyline wrought upon the players as a result of the sinister plots of the player killing guild “Laughing Coffin.” Key characters will impact the course of the story as the main character, Kirito, battles his way to the top floor.

Heathcliff is the leader of the guild “Knights of the Blood Oath,” but his real identify is Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of Sword Art Online. Why is he still here when his death was assumed after his duel with Kirito on the 75th Floor…?
Alberich wished to participate with the Assault Team on 75th Floor and higher. He leads a capable fellowship of men, dons powerful and fine equipment and possesses high enough skills to fight on the front line. However, his true ability is a well-kept secret…

For fans who will want even more Sword Art Online excitement, a major update will be available after launch on September 24th to extend the already-thrilling and plentiful Sword Art Online experience. This free update will raise the level cap from 200 to 250 and provide an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay including 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas and more!

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be coming to Europe, Middle-East and Australia on August 20th, 2014 exclusively for PlayStation®Vita on PlayStation®Network. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment latest information can be found on its official website: www.SwordArtOnline-Game.com.

O well, I'm happy with my physical copy.

Bittercup

Hey guys! Sorry I'm like super busy with Gamescom BUT I wanted to share the good news with you: YES (finallly) we are getting the patch! And we'll have free DLC on launch day (and more DLC to come). Here's the quote from the press release:[...]
Fantastic news! Thanks for the confirmation.

maouvin

OH and it's the same for the US.

Awww yisss!
Thanks for letting us know early, man! :D

TheChaos0

This means I will get the EU digital version. Thanks for the heads up!

TUSR

Banned

YES.

I love you man.

Asuna would surely understand. I mean, Lisbeth is half naked in Kirito's bed, but that's no big deal! Come on the boy couldn't help it, and she was falling off the bed!
Anime logic ftw.

MrMuscle

So did Kirito and Asuna actually bump uglies in the anime? I mean they lived together in that cottage for a while so I assume they did? Anime always weirds me out with stuff like that, because everyone looks like 10 year old kids.

zulux21

This is awesome news, I assume you work for NB in some way. Either way thanks a lot for confirming this.

question gaf, game worth buying? loved the anime and i love action games, but i can't get to love monster hunter for example (while i loved soul sacrifice, toukiden to name two..)
plus, frankly im a bit pissed (more than a bit) at the digital only policy but w/e.....
should i cave in?

MSMrRound

question gaf, game worth buying? loved the anime and i love action games, but i can't get to love monster hunter for example (while i loved soul sacrifice, toukiden to name two..)
plus, frankly im a bit pissed (more than a bit) at the digital only policy but w/e.....
should i cave in?

Yes. Well worth the price. It's nothing like hunting games.

Raxious

So did Kirito and Asuna actually bump uglies in the anime? I mean they lived together in that cottage for a while so I assume they did? Anime always weirds me out with stuff like that, because everyone looks like 10 year old kids.

There's a thing called SAO: Chapter 16.5 It's an official chapter by the author that umm....is pure hentai.

Yopis

Thanks to all that kept this thread going with videos and post. Was awesome to read and get impressions about game from the start. Time is almost here can't wait.

Soi-Fong

Goddamn... I pretty much have to get a 64 GB card now..

Edit: just checked Amazon. Which do you guys think is better, 32 GB for 65 dollars or 64 GB for 100 dollars?

Top Bottom