• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Soi-Fong

Hah I thought about doing the exact same thing.

Just so I can get home and:

Oh fuck Grace Chen better update early. I have a 1 AM CST international flight (Wed) so I'm hoping to get this downloaded beforehand to play on the plane.

Already got an external battery pack and everything ready so I'll be in SAO goodness the whole time!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
KJnk9.gif

someone needs to edit this lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Sawashiro Miyuki being so overexposed is ruining Sinon in the game for me (haven't watched S2). Just keep imagining 20 other characters nothing like Sinon with the same voice.

TUSR

Banned
Hnghghhh my heart.

Waifu wars begins tomorrow. Still sad that I have to wait till Wednesday although I have an US account... but swapping cards is too stressful. :(

I should really give my 8GB card to someone :/

Or people need to import 64GB cards

Mendrox

I should really give my 8GB card to someone :/

Or people need to import 64GB cards

Stop... I have a 16GB card (my maincard right now cause I have everything physical except PS games and PSP titles) and a 8GB card... Can I just switch between them? I guess I have just to reset the Vita everytime hmmm...

TUSR

Banned
Both her and Lisbeth are in my mind the best characters in terms of gameplay, as well as story wise. Also they have good bed talk.

dear lord.

Stop... I have a 16GB card (my maincard right now cause I have everything physical except PS games and PSP titles) and a 8GB card... Can I just switch between them? I guess I have just to reset the Vita everytime hmmm...

You can switch between them as long as you shut it down to switch.

Stuart444

Both her and Lisbeth are in my mind the best characters in terms of gameplay, as well as story wise. Also they have good bed talk.

I'd have a REALLY hard time picking best characters now. Girl wise, Yui is my favourite. Philia and Sinon are both very close to the top for me as well. Then Silica/Asuna then Liz/Strea.

On the boys side Klein edges out Agil but I really like Agil, he's cool. I wish Thinker had been in this game just for another male character but then we'd have another girl (Yulier) because of that lol.

I also happen to like Kirito but as he's the main character you control in this game, I'm not mentioning my ranking for him.

dear lord.

It's true though, in Sinons case (GGO beginning eps spoilers)
she tells you about how she wants to become stronger but doesn't know why. That was supposed to foreshadow GGO, without giving the plot of the anime away since the game came out before it.

And truly Stuart you are right, Yui brings out so many funny/cute moments in this game, it's quite hilarious sometimes.

Parakeetman

Lisbeth and Argo all the way. lol Am glad that they finally made Argo playable, but why another dagger user. D:

Mendrox

dear lord.

You can switch between them as long as you shut it down to switch.

Shit didn't knew that it was that easy. I don't have to do anything else after switching cards? I thought it was more complicated. :( Could have save so much money...

Stuart444

Lisbeth and Argo all the way. lol Am glad that they finally made Argo playable, but why another dagger user. D:

Ah yeah, I forgot about Argo but I'll leave both Argo and Sachi out of the rankings I posted above. (it would just make it too damned hard).

I do agree, I am very happy they made Argo playable.

Mendrox

Why do so many people like Sinon..? I don't get it...

Cause she has an awesome seiyuu, her character itself is very good and she doesn't want Kiritos dick. Also not a big spoiler but could be for some people [for another design of her]
in the next arc she is a Caith Sith and looks awesome and uses bows

Why do so many people like Sinon..? I don't get it...

In the game I would say she's the only one that isn't head over heels for Kirito. She's rational, calm and more introverted than all of the other characters. As to say, she is not annoying at any time, and actually wants to fend herself on her own, without having Kirito come to her rescue. I'd say the character with the worst case of this "thirst for Kirito" in the game is actually Silica. That girl lives for him lol.

Stuart444

In the game I would say she's the only one that isn't head over heels for Kirito. She's rational, calm and more introverted than all of the other characters. As to say, she is not annoying at any time, and actually wants to fend herself on her own, without having Kirito come to her rescue. I'd say the character with the worst case of this "thirst for Kirito" in the game is actually Silica. That girl lives for him lol.

I love the start of the patch where:

Silica is coming to Kirito, all happy and then Yui knocks her out of the way. Silica just accepts defeat then because it's Yui. None of the characters can stand up to her in this game. NONE

Soi-Fong

Cause she has an awesome seiyuu, her character itself is very good and she doesn't want Kiritos dick. Also not a big spoiler but could be for some people [for another design of her]
in the next arc she is a Caith Sith and looks awesome and uses bows

Her seiyuu is amazing I'll agree and I don't exactly hate her character so far from Season 2, but I'm not exactly in love with her either. lol

I don't know. Maybe I have to read the light novels to "get her." lol

I love the start of the patch where:

Silica is coming to Kirito, all happy and then Yui knocks her out of the way. Silica just accepts defeat then because it's Yui. None of the characters can stand up to her in this game. NONE

Final boss Yui confirmed. (This is a joke for those who don't own the game lol, she definitely isn't the final boss. Or is she...)

Mendrox

Her seiyuu is amazing I'll agree and I don't exactly hate her character so far from Season 2, but I'm not exactly in love with her either. lol

I don't know. Maybe I have to read the light novels to "get her." lol

Yeah you should definitly give the Novels a try. :) She also has her badass moments and in the next arc she is very important.

Its fine feel free to derail it with MP talk as its related to the title and what keeps the community from spilling out into other threads. sides once you guys get generally set up with knowing each others schedules and what nots you will have your own methods of communication by then for running games with "regulars" for new folks this would be the main meeting point and such.

Lets just pray it works since the Xlink Kai stuff is a bit of a pain looking it over and from what I remember with my PSP days when I messed with it a little.

Okay alright then! I guess you are right, we shouldn't split the community any further so keeping it in this thread would probably be best till everyone has formed groups and schedules and all.

Shit didn't knew that it was that easy. I don't have to do anything else after switching cards? I thought it was more complicated. :( Could have save so much money...

Wait wait, do you want to change between accounts? If so then you need to format the Vita every time you switch, even with two memory cards :(

Mendrox

Okay alright then! I guess you are right, we shouldn't split the community any further so keeping it in this thread would probably be best till everyone has formed groups and schedules and all.

Wait wait, do you want to change between accounts? If so then you need to format the Vita every time you switch, even with two memory cards :(

Awh, that was what I meant... Have to reconsider this for the future. Will buy this game now with my austria account (german guy here).

Active thread is active now lol. I am surprised to see so many people here posting. I was just lurking these last months, but I am more hyped for this game than Danganronpa 2 or anything else that comes out this year (except Smash Bros I guess)

Trust me as me and Parakeet were saying, 3 months ago this place was sooo quiet. We would have a few exchanges, and that'd be it. Now we have a thread so active that I have to constantly check my phone to see where we are at aha!

Stuart444

Trust me as me and Parakeet were saying, 3 months ago this place was sooo quiet. We would have a few exchanges, and that'd be it. Now we have a thread so active that I have to constantly check my phone to see where we are at aha!

I've refreshed this thread more today than I have since I first got the game lol. And been replying even more than I usually do to one thread in a short space of time lol.

naeS

I am so excited for this, binge watched the first season on Netflix and fell in love. Asuna and Sinon are my favorites.

Also, this thread is much friendlier than the OT thread for Season 2. I think I'll stay here.

You got my attention guys

Ordering blurays of the first 2 arcs on Amazon and buying the game Wednesday

Aren't they super expensive? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Stuart444

Also, this thread is much friendlier than the OT thread for Season 2. I think I'll stay here.

I unsubbed from that thread. You can get more of a discussion here (even though this is the OT for the game) or from the SAO subreddit. Even on the Gfaqs anime board, it's slightly better.

but I digress, don't want to badmouth other threads too much. Back to the topic at hand.

I am so excited for this, binge watched the first season on Netflix and fell in love. Asuna and Sinon are my favorites.

Good man.

I hope more people like/appreciate Philia after playing the game, she's a good character and I love her story. Also the major boss fight when you have to
go after Philia aka rescue her
is also really good.

darkwing

been watching a few gameplay video, I noticed Kirito drew agro by throwing a dagger(?), is this standard practise so you won't overwhelmed? just like in other games

I've refreshed this thread more today than I have since I first got the game lol. And been replying even more than I usually do to one thread in a short space of time lol.

This is so goddamn true. It helps that I went out and came back home quick since I'm sick as heck. I keep the page open while I'm doing something else, F5 it and there I see a bunch of new comments LOL.

been watching a few gameplay video, I noticed Kirito drew agro by throwing a dagger(?), is this standard practise so you won't overwhelmed? just like in other games

Yup you first target your enemy by pressing TRIANGLE. Press it again and you will call that enemy over to you. That way you can dispatch strong enemies one by one without getting overwhelmed.

Mendrox

Aren't they super expensive? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Only trolls in the OT thread for season 2. Everyone hates SAO but still watch it. Story is not the best in season 1 but from here on it gets way better than episode 1 - 14 imo. I hope the trolls won't come into this thread to make the game seem bad lol.

Parakeetman

Only trolls in the OT thread for season 2. Everyone hates SAO but still watch it. Story is not the best in season 1 but from here on it gets way better than episode 1 - 14 imo. I hope the trolls won't come into this thread to make the game seem bad lol.

I put a warning out anyone acting stupid will be dealt with accordingly via judgement by mods.

Parakeetman

Yes its the general practice of "pulling" an enemy such as whats used in MMOs. Also triangle targets what you are looking at so you can confirm the level of your target before actually fighting it. Highly suggested you get used to doing that.

Nice of you Parakeetman. :) You also gave me the hots for this game by posting all the videos these last months. Thank you for this OT and the vids!

Yep no problem and do hope all of you enjoy the game. Did some small changes to the OT with what little time I have atm since need to turn in for the night as its 0300. Will finish up the rest tomorrow.

Still need to think of a new subtitle for the OT.

Parakeet has low tolerance for those types of people (as you saw earlier) and if you visit the first page of the OT, the first thing you see is a warning to those who come to disrupt the order and good flow of the thread. We are all good people here, and quite honestly this might be one of the best, if not the best community thread I have been in since I came to GAF. Met way too many great peeps here.

Stuart444

I almost wish they would make Philia an official character, include her after the Alicization arc or something (or put her in the progressive LN).

Ok, I'll stop going on about it but I really like Philia.

I won't spoil anything too big but I will say (in regards to Strea):
The twist with Strea near the end of the game was pretty good. Really enjoyed it.
Being vague because I'm pretty sure not too many people here have completed it but if you have, you know what I mean.

Top Bottom