• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

So this looks pretty decent!

But is it worth the 40?

Paying over 20$ for anything digital leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If having over 80-100hrs of content in one game split between two arcs that could fundamentally be two games on their own, plus extra content that adds another 30hr dropping one month after the release doesn't seem like a good 40$ gaming investment, then idk what will. I've seen worse games, with only 9 hours of gameplay be priced much higher than this.

Listonosh

Elaborate on THE asian version.

As in there was no work done on the game and we're getting the same exact version with the same bad English subtitles. Seriously, you guys haven't even seen some of these nonsensical subs. It's not even spelling mistake bad, it's terrible grammar in general.

kimtish

Neo Member
going digital is the only way for these kind/type of titles to be released in NA

I know. It's unfortunate.

I can't help but feel like I'm not actually buying anything when I buy digital, just the right to play it for a time. I'm sure its because I'm set in the old ways but it really bothers me.

darkwing

I know. It's unfortunate.

I can't help but feel like I'm not actually buying anything when I buy digital, just the right to play it for a time. I'm sure its because I'm set in my head but it really bothers me.

I actually don't have any physical Vita game left, just bought a 64GB, I carry all my Vita games all the time lol

Listonosh

There was work done on the text, that is why it got delayed from July to August.

Is this in fact true? Cause if it is...

Normally I wouldn't complain about stuff like this, but it's pretty bad.

"Every quest is of challenging..."
"Wanna always overlook at it..."

Only two examples my buddy screenshotted, but the game is littered with stuff like that.

Raxious

Got to floor 84 today, been doing every event so far. Also, is it worth to do the 'quests' the the other players will send you messages for? The items they give are useless to me, seeing as I already got the maximum amount so they get destroyed. Nor does it seem that it has any influence on the Lead group strength.

Got to floor 84 today, been doing every event so far. Also, is it worth to do the 'quests' the the other players will send you messages for? The items they give are useless to me, seeing as I already got the maximum amount so they get destroyed. Nor does it seem that it has any influence on the Lead group strength.

Generally I never actually went out of my way to do them. If they are in front of me as I go up the floors, then sure, why not? If they are in lower floors then I definitely won't go there on purpose just for that lol.

kaiyo

KJnk9.gif

someone needs to edit this lol

51dRHJw.gif

Ibuki

Banned
If the store isn't up after 5pm mountain time, I am rioting. Not really I'll just do something else but the wait is going to be insane.

baekshi

Banned
I was looking to see if i could preorder the game the other day... Why don't they have preorders for PSV games?? D=

Because reasons, never been able to pre-order in the SCEA store.
SCEE had few of their games for pre-order on Vita before but they never did it again afaik.

Now days, you can grab those cross buy indie titles that can be pre-order through the PS4/PS3/Web store and will show up Vita download to pre load.

Silvawuff

$40 seems like a good deal to me. We're essentially getting 2 games, free costume DLC until next month, and huge update patch a month after release that is also gratis.

MSMrRound

If only if they phrase it in such a way that...Infinity Movement can be seen as vanilla Persona 4, SAO:HF is pretty much Persona 4 Golden, original game+additional content as well as new character.

So close to release and it's not been amended yet? Sigh...inevitable wait for buyers getting on Bandai Namco's case confirmed.

BUT I SPENT $40! Why am I only getting one game?

Fixed some stuff.

If you think of Infinity Movement as vanilla Persona 4, SAO:HF is pretty much Persona 4 Golden, original game+additional content as well as new character.

So close to release and it's not been amended yet? Sigh...inevitable wait for buyers getting on Bandai Namco's case confirmed.

There was no need to fix it I think you read it wrong :p He wrote exactly what you rewrote. That's why he said "essentially getting 2 games" because really each arc could be a game on it's own. I don't think he meant separately

Stuart444

Is this in fact true? Cause if it is...

Normally I wouldn't complain about stuff like this, but it's pretty bad.

"Every quest is of challenging..."
"Wanna always overlook at it..."

Only two examples my buddy screenshotted, but the game is littered with stuff like that.

It was a rush job editing text/retranslating certain lines (penetrations!) in a few months time.

Let's just say, chances are, if the asian version hadn't already been translated, this game would not have been released here.

So yeah, it's not the exact same version, but it is similar. If you have the asian version, it's very easy to compare. (We have some screenshots earlier on in the thread that were posted when the game came out in asian territories even).

edit: If you go and do the quests you get e-mailed about, you can use those people in your party afterwards. I never bothered but it's there if you want.

MSMrRound

Helping these random NPCs also supposedly make the overall strength of your "assault" group stronger.

After helping out a couple, I was too lazy to bother doing so. I'll rather farm Hollow missions and improve my own character instead.

For anyone that's starting SAO:HF this week, try to go for the "Implementation of Sword Skill in Sword Skill" section as soon as you can, so that you can unlock the OSS function, which lets you chain Sword Skills together for less SP (and making it more powerful at the same time)

_woLf

Is there any chance of getting online MP in this game? If not, is there a simple way to get adhoc working online?

It seems really backwards to me that a game about an MMO doesn't have online multi. :(

Stuart444

Is there any chance of getting online MP in this game? If not, is there a simple way to get adhoc working online?

It seems really backwards to me that a game about an MMO doesn't have online multi. :(

Not likely but maybe with the sequel?

Not sure about ad-hoc working online though :(

I'll be honest, I quite enjoy the game as a single player experience. When you take down a 50+ over levelled enemy just you and your heroine you know that it was all on you and your commands for her :p

Yeah but it's nice to have options. I'm all for more options for people :)

Oh yeah for sure, I'm not saying to to add in there, in fact they already did it halfway with the adhoc inclusion. All they need is to make that system available over wifi and that's it. I could see that potentially adding a lot more hours to the game, just goofing around with friends.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
As in there was no work done on the game and we're getting the same exact version with the same bad English subtitles. Seriously, you guys haven't even seen some of these nonsensical subs. It's not even spelling mistake bad, it's terrible grammar in general.

I call bullshit.

antibolo

Banned

The game is designed around single player, the multiplayer is just a gimmick on top of it that doesn't make much sense anyway (everyone is Kirito).

naeS

21 euros each on amazon.fr. Not cheap but that stays correct.

$28 USD a piece, I'll take it. The "Sapphire Edition" that is on Amazon.fr is not on Amazon.com.

Edit: Seems I can get season 1 in the form of 4 box sets at $90 each, no thank you.

Saw a 8GB card in the clearance section of Walmart last night for $14.99, bought that in a heartbeat alongside two $20 wallet cards (couldn't find a $50). Does the PSN store usually charge tax on games? Just wondering if I'm going to have to add a dollar or two with the $40 PSN credit I just bought.

naeS

Saw a 8GB card in the clearance section of Walmart last night for $14.99, bought that in a heartbeat alongside two $20 wallet cards (couldn't find a $50). Does the PSN store usually charge tax on games? Just wondering if I'm going to have to add a dollar or two with the $40 PSN credit I just bought.

Nope, no tax.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
3GB + 500MB~ late patch = 3.5GB.

Well yeah they are different version, they worked on top of the the asian version which would be actually now truer and closer to japanese translation.

Less than a day left and we'll all know.... asian is the best.

Well, I call bullshit because I have the review copy.

Top Bottom