• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I almost wish they would make Philia an official character, include her after the Alicization arc or something (or put her in the progressive LN).

Ok, I'll stop going on about it but I really like Philia.

I won't spoil anything too big but I will say (in regards to Strea):
The twist with Strea near the end of the game was pretty good. Really enjoyed it.
Being vague because I'm pretty sure not too many people here have completed it but if you have, you know what I mean.

I woudlnt be surprised if she shows up somewhere in the series eventually.

naeS

I hope more people like/appreciate Philia after playing the game, she's a good character and I love her story. Also the major boss fight when you have to
go after Philia aka rescue her
is also really good.

Read that name earlier in the thread, she is a brand new character right? Or is she in the novels?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Read that name earlier in the thread, she is a brand new character right? Or is she in the novels?

Yeah shes the brand new heroine who appears in the Hollow Fragment part of the game / story.

MmyEHiZ.jpg

Always dug the look of her blade modeled after real world "sword breaker" type of design.

darkwing

it's nice to see the game expanding the story of the characters in the anime, most of the characters there were only a side bit, like Silica with her pet quest

Awh, that was what I meant... Have to reconsider this for the future. Will buy this game now with my austria account (german guy here).

Active thread is active now lol. I am surprised to see so many people here posting. I was just lurking these last months, but I am more hyped for this game than Danganronpa 2 or anything else that comes out this year (except Smash Bros I guess)

Oh nice to see another German person here :eek: I would say buy with your local account, I switched accounts for PSO2 before and it's really a big hassle :/ And same here my most hyped games except Smash Bros. are SAO and Neptunia Re:Birth next week :p

And I just realized that your avatar is supposed to be ALO Sinon :eek:

TUSR

Banned
Shit didn't knew that it was that easy. I don't have to do anything else after switching cards? I thought it was more complicated. :( Could have save so much money...

If they are tied to the same PSN account is easy. Just power down and swap them out.

Only trolls in the OT thread for season 2. Everyone hates SAO but still watch it. Story is not the best in season 1 but from here on it gets way better than episode 1 - 14 imo. I hope the trolls won't come into this thread to make the game seem bad lol.

I think the worst is yet to come, when people get their hands on the game there will be a slew of screen shots posted regarding the translation. But thankfully Parakeet already put a disclaimer in the OP regarding shit posting.

Mendrox

Oh nice to see another German person here :eek: I would say buy with your local account, I switched accounts for PSO2 before and it's really a big hassle :/ And same here my most hyped games except Smash Bros. are SAO and Neptunia Re:Birth next week :p

And I just realized that your avatar is supposed do be ALO Sinon :eek:

:p

Just realized that your avatar is Momo from super interesting To Love-Ru Darkness, just a few more days for new spoilers. ;-)

I won't change my cards then, but I hope that Sony will realize that an account system on the Vita would be awesome. :-(

If they are tied to the same PSN account is easy. Just power down and swap them out.

I think the worst is yet to come, when people get their hands on the game there will be a slew of screen shots posted regarding the translation. But thankfully Parakeet already put a disclaimer in the OP regarding shit posting.

I think the PSN OT has got you covered for that...

"Vidiogamez r 2 sirius 4 me" is what your fellow user names2hard4you is thinking right now as he sips on a nice mug of coffee.

:p

Just realized that your avatar is Momo from super interesting To Love-Ru Darkness, just a few more days for new spoilers. ;-)

I won't change my cards then, but I hope that Sony will realize that an account system on the Vita would be awesome. :-(

I still have to watch the Darkness anime, honestly the anime is too hilarious to not watch it :p And yeah seriously, with a proper account system I would have bought 30% more games already :/

RalchAC

I suppose the way "switching" with your friends online would work is them having to actually including yourself to be equipped with the right skills to drop / pull the hate from said target. Would take communication and coordination, but man am sure it will be amusing.

Im not sure how it works with humans since Im pretty sure it was that human players have their actual partners with them, which might mean you can actually give them commands normally.

Well, it wouldn't be that hard. I was a tank when I played WoW and you just needed a voice chat the works well enough for switching the boss.

Having a taunt skill + 1 or 2 attacks that generate extra hate would be enough if your friend doesn't go nuts and use his strongest attacks in the few seconds after you get the boss attention.

It would be a mess with randoms though. Unless developers put huge banners with capital red letters to advice people to switch lol.

Yeah shes the brand new heroine who appears in the Hollow Fragment part of the game / story.

MmyEHiZ.jpg

Always dug the look of her blade modeled after real world "sword breaker" type of design.

With the cloak her design is quite good IMO. SAO in general has some good MMO-like designs. Asuna's Aincrad clothes are quite cool too.

Going to push this game to the top of my play pile tomorrow. I like anime games great to see one that looks like so much fun. I spent time in SAO Season 1 anime thread and currently all about Season 2 it's just fun plain and simple.

MrMuscle

Just found a Norwegian book store that had the light novels and the Manga! Im really digging myself into a SAO hole here. And it feels great. If they and the game doesnt hold me over until Destiny launches then i dont know what will.

Listonosh

So there's some discussion about the game on the PSN thread and apparently the Western localization is just as bad (if not the same) as the Asian version?? Wha...

This was probably mentioned here already, but it seems like we're getting the Asian version. After seeing my friends review copy, it's obvious that there was little to no work done to the english subtitles. It's really bad. With that said though, the game is pretty fun. Complicated and has an overly large amount of mechanics you need to be aware of, but other than that, I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this once it comes out tomorrow

antibolo

Banned
I don't like Philia's design, her outfit is too skimpy.

I always liked how SAO's female designs had somewhat realistic body armor that was still very much feminine despite not being sexualized. Philia just contradicts all that, with what is essentially bikini armor.

Listonosh

I don't like Philia's design, her outfit is too skimpy.

I always liked how SAO's female designs had somewhat realistic body armor that was still very much feminine despite not being sexualized. Philia just contradicts all that, with what is essentially bikini armor.

Wait til you see Sinon's Assault Costume...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This was probably mentioned here already, but it seems like we're getting the Asian version. After seeing my friends review copy, it's obvious that there was little to no work done to the english subtitles. It's really bad. With that said though, the game is pretty fun. Complicated and has an overly large amount of mechanics you need to be aware of, but other than that, I can see myself sinking a lot of time into this once it comes out tomorrow

Elaborate on THE asian version.

I wonder if Bandai or whoever the hell is bringing this over offers a patch for the text :(

Wait til you see Sinon's Assault Costume...

I think the ATK and Ultimate ones but the normal, BUFF and DEF tread dangerous territory lol... Her being a serious character and all I just couldn't see her in any of those first ones. To those who are curious a quick google images search with "sinon hollow fragment costumes" will show you what I mean.

_woLf

Holy shiiiit. I stopped keeping up with this game because I figured it was awhile out. Now I see it's coming tomorrow!

Are there going to be any PS+ discounts for the game?

Mendrox

Nya... really? I could have imported all along? Just another few hours to see if it's true (I hope not... would suck, they also could have released it sooner then)

D: did you not read the opening post?

http://i.imgur.com/Chbe0pO.png

Sigh, new folks tend to just jump the gun and not actually read the OT lol. Get used to it if you do decide to stick around. Linking them or giving them an answer is the way to go :p

And Mendrox, at least you get access to the DLC without any account intricacies (if that makes things any better). You are also making the chances of the next title coming over much greater. Ultimately you are also paying less (39.99$ vs 90$).

Mendrox

There was work done on the text, that is why it got delayed from July to August.

Well Listonosh said that the Review copy seemed to be the Asian version... but nevermind. Maybe I will still import the game too, I love physical games.

@Costumes:

I need them all. Sinons wedding dress looks cute.

And everyone else.

It's like the ultimate waifu simulator + mmo

baekshi

Banned
Well Listonosh said that the Review copy seemed to be the Asian version... but nevermind. Maybe I will still import the game too, I love physical games.

It's a translation of the already translated asian copy for better and worse. Ultimately, they made it worse and took the fun out of text too.

kimtish

Neo Member
So this looks pretty decent!

But is it worth the 40?

Paying over 20$ for anything digital leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Top Bottom