• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

MSMrRound

Acknowledging your party member for what they are going e.g the "Nice" will regain 50.

You will regain 100+ if you manage to parry successfully when monsters are attacking.

Any way to look back at various dialogue scenes? I goofed and pressed the L button during some dialogue. I forgot how to take screenshots and was hoping to take a shot of mistranslation

Yukianesa

Neo Member
what is the advantage of being in risk 5 or is it all bad

Mostly bad. When your risk is at 5, your burst gauge recharges more slowly and you take more damage. This also applies to your enemies. Enemies risk break and take more damage.

On the other hand, it means that the enemies' focus is on you and not your partner. Your partner might not be able to take the enemies attack so keeping your risk high and not switching will keep them alive.

garath

Watching the first 10 min of the YouTube first impression video, wow. The translation is bad to the point of distraction :( especially given how much I enjoyed the anime, it makes me sad that the dialog is so bad.

Steel

Banned
Watching the first 10 min of the YouTube first impression video, wow. The translation is bad to the point of distraction :( especially given how much I enjoyed the anime, it makes me sad that the dialog is so bad.

I'm not very far in, but I haven't seen anything glaringly bad(Actually the dialogue is all coherent so far, I get the impression that'll change though).

Shizuka

The problem about the localization issue is that it's not a game coming from a very small publisher, like the UFO Interactive and Elminage Original issue (which they later fixed), but it's a big publisher like Bandai Namco with a high-profile anime game.

Doombear

I'm not very far in, but I haven't seen anything glaringly bad(Actually the dialogue is all coherent so far, I get the impression that'll change though).

Same here and I have been looking. So either it hits in a few spots farther on, or it isn't as bad. I have noticed one small missing punctuation error, and one grammar error. I need to stop looking for it though because I am having a blast doing everything else.

I love the little things that make this feel MMO-ish. The people out in the field that are also fighting, that occasionally need your help. It's great!

Steel

Banned
The problem about the localization issue is that it's not a game coming from a very small publisher, like the UFO Interactive and Elminage Original issue (which they later fixed), but it's a big publisher like Bandai Namco with a high-profile anime game.

Yeah. Also hard to believe that mind=zero can get a proper dub and this can't.
Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer japenese with subs, but damn I hate it personally.

naeS

I love it so far. Alot to learn as I haven't played any "jrpgs" before. And when the Season 1 theme played I got chills, way better than ALO and Season 2 theme songs.

This is the first and likely last time I pay $40 for a digital game on release. I do this solely to invite more localizations of the franchise.

Firestar

I just finished that first tutorial mission or whatever and now I'm back in the town. Did I miss the chance to get the story recap by mistake or is it further in?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The DLC isn't all that free lol, gotta buy it in game and it's like 1million D:

best place to make cash is from the hollow area constantly raiding the boss protected chests then selling what you no longer need or want. stats are semi random as in preset multiple versions of the same weapon just with slightly different properties.

since chests take realworld time to respawn no idea how long find a route where you can hit multiple chests and sell the stuff to agil after.

whatever you do dont sell those rocks, pieces of ore as lisbeth uses them to upgrade weapons

Doombear

I just finished that first tutorial mission or whatever and now I'm back in the town. Did I miss the chance to get the story recap by mistake or is it further in?

I believe you may not have missed it yet. A bit more happens in town and then you get an option to 'Play Recap?' or something like that. That is what you are watching for.

ramyeon

Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer japenese with subs, but damn I hate it personally.
I'm not fussed about dubs, prefer Japanese voices anyway since I can understand most spoken Japanese. That said it blows my mind that niche duds like Mind Zero and Conception 2 got pretty great localizations (Considering) while this got treated so half heartedly as far as script translation is concerned even when it's a hugely popular property.

Shizuka

When a bigger company gets a smaller game, chances are they'll treat it badly. When a smaller company gets a smaller game, they just treat it the way they treat every other game.

Firestar

I believe you may not have missed it yet. A bit more happens in town and then you get an option to 'Play Recap?' or something like that. That is what you are watching for.

Ah ok thanks. I figured they'd do it before showing the characters but that's good, it's been a while since I watched SAO.

Also, I don't think I'm ever going to get used to having the O and X swapped lol

MSMrRound

Can I purchase teleport crystals anywhere? I'm hesitant to use them so far but I'd like to if they aren't rare or anything.

Partner with Asuna.

You can access her inventory and use the teleport crystal she have over there.

It auto-refill (correct me if I'm wrong) everytime you go back to the central hub.

ALSO WARNING: Bandai Namco used a pivotal point of Hollow Fragment story arc in their launch trailer for Sword Art Online:HF.

AVOID IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Stuart444

DId you finish talking when you got back to town? if not, keep doing it. You should auto go to the Inn, where there is talking and then the recap option followed by starting in the Inn where you can then look around Arc Sofia :)

edit: woops, I didn't realize I replied so late to this lol

dragn

Partner with Asuna.

You can access her inventory and use the teleport crystal she have over there.

It auto-refill (correct me if I'm wrong) everytime you go back to the central hub.

ALSO WARNING: Bandai Namco used a pivotal point of Hollow Fragment story arc in their launch trailer for Sword Art Online:HF.

AVOID IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED.

is this true? :<

antibolo

Banned
Hey I wonder if the western release still has the Chinese localization included? Can anyone test? (switch your system language to Chinese, ie. one of the two last options in the language list).

Firestar

DId you finish talking when you got back to town? if not, keep doing it. You should auto go to the Inn, where there is talking and then the recap option followed by starting in the Inn where you can then look around Arc Sofia :)

edit: woops, I didn't realize I replied so late to this lol

Thanks, I got to it. I just assumed it would be earlier for some reason haha. Loved hearing the OP from SAO again though. I like what I've played so far, although the combat will take some getting used to.

Haha, the talking bits still have one funny line.

I was talking to
Strea
then she said something like: "In between the penetrations..." and my character said I think "Indeed".

Oh boy, that's some deep conversation right there.

Stuart444

Thanks, I got to it. I just assumed it would be earlier for some reason haha. Loved hearing the OP from SAO again though. I like what I've played so far, although the combat will take some getting used to.

That was one of the more awesome surprising things for me when I first played SAOIM and loved that they kept it in HF. :D

Steel

Banned
On a side note, this:

j535tQ4mUCZ8e.jpg

is word for word the same except penetration is replaced with progression.

vakarian32

Ok GAF you convinced me, just bought it. Haven't played my Vita in a while and I'm a fan of the anime and jrpg's, looking forward to it.

Parakeetman

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but there is really no pause button?

Souls series Hardcore mode confirmed.

dont recall one, then again just like souls never needed one. if you are on your vita cant you just put it into sleep mode as a pseudo pause? lol

Parakeetman

Is it really a grindfest with little plot? Also can someone point me to a review?

its in the OP on the first page multiple reviews

but generally for the most part GAF that has been with the asian or jp version for a while now have been highly positive. thread wouldnt be this large otherwise lol

kaiyo

I don't have the game yet but couldn't you simply use the PS Home button as "Pause" without having to use the sleep-mode? :eek:

EDIT: Beaten by a bit :p

matmanx1

Pretty good game so far! The battle system is definitely going to take some time to get the hang of but I ran through the tutorial area with no difficulties so that's all good.

Do they ever explain why Leafa and Sinon show up? Just curious.

Top Bottom