• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Ryuukan

The intro with Philia has no engrish whatsoever, its clean so far.

Yui is on my friends list

don't worry, daddy will find you!!!

Phlebas

Banned
Anyone got more screens of the bad localisation or out of context sentences? Love to look at these things

Mqpmxax.jpg

"Kirito, please stun the enemy!"

I don't know how!!! X doesn't even attack, its like Im in a different world!!!

I'm still trying to figure out the combat, but I think square does a quick stun. I'm pretty much just mashing circle right now with a square thrown in when it's available :p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm still trying to figure out the combat, but I think square does a quick stun. I'm pretty much just mashing circle right now with a square thrown in when it's available :p

After you guys get out of the tutorial check what skills are mapped to what on your quick bars.

Circle should be attack if they really didnt change the button usage. I think havent played in a long while now due to work and other things. D:

Parakeetman

None of the ingame descs say it stuns.

From what I remember there are 2 attacks that specifically stun. One of them takes far longer to come back than another and do think that might be the starting one. Since there is another one you can unlock later.

Parakeetman

Onslaught does stun if not under cooldown and it's the default square skill. The effect is best seen when using it in the startup time for enemies skills.

The other skill was called Bash? I think. Id look at the strat guide with all the skill names but am a bit busy atm.

Sitrus

The other skill was called Bash? I think. Id look at the strat guide with all the skill names but am a bit busy atm.

You are right. It's called Weapon Bash (hopefully) and it's a quick way to stun and raise enemy risk level a bit. Comboing it with an AI waiting for your stun will almost always raise enemy risk to 5. In short, a good skill to have.

Parakeetman

You are right. It's called Weapon Bash (hopefully) and it's a quick way to stun and raise enemy risk level a bit. Comboing it with an AI waiting for your stun will almost always raise enemy risk to 5. In short, a good skill to have.

Yeah, never used it but pretty sure I saw that mentioned in a vid before.

I always had to make use of the two constantly and being sure that one was active to save my ass when necessary. lol Am pretty sure in my vids you see me using both on occasion.

------

Updated the OT adding a review and user provided info section (misc links) though no fancy text links yet for the reviews, just hard links. also am leaving out obviously shitty reviews so it has to have at least some valid points in it to be put up.

Parakeetman

For folks already in the HF area, when you cant open a treasure chest, its usually because there is either a monster linked to the chest or you have not killed the boss.

Game will "bug" out if enemies chase other NPCs out of the area as they usually dont return to said spot therefore with them or one of them being linked to the chest you will be unable to open it. So if you can kill all of the weak enemies first then go after the boss to prevent situations like that in sections that have other NPCs wandering around / fighting as when they get their asses kicked they run like hell which pulls the monsters with them at the same Looney Tunes speed.

Usually leaving the area and coming back fixes it.

Parakeetman

indeed lol.

Also dat Sandwich gif at the end. Soooo cute <3 <3 <3

I liked what I had it at before. Think it was

"No word on localization Sorry!"
then linked to the Sachi tear gif lol.

judging from the silence would be a good indication that downloads are done for folks are all running amok in SAO lol.

#YOLO

new users remember "Parry" is your friend, but does not work against everything. For the most part should be pretty obvious what it doesnt work on.
RR3fLXA.gif

There is another skill that you use to counter things like breath from enemies and whatnot I believe. I do have it but never used it myself.

Eh folks seem to be getting their feet wet already. Response seems to be pretty positive on the Internetz, and this thread is just moving at full throttle. Any time you have any questions you know where to come, we are all good people here :D

Ryuukan

Eh folks seem to be getting their feet wet already. Response seems to be pretty positive on the Internetz, and this thread is just moving at full throttle. Any time you have any questions you know where to come, we are all good people here :D

How long until I have to do something other than press O nonstop

Doombear

judging from the silence would be a good indication that downloads are done for folks are all running amok in SAO lol.

Loving it so far. Closing in on the end of the first Hollow. Really intense, energetic, and fun so far. I like having to time things, pay attention to what my partner is suggesting, watch for parryable attacks, even pulling mobs ala MMOs is good fun. I haven't seen even a hiccup in the text so far, but then it hasn't been long.

I can see how it seems that way, and you could just press O til dead, but there are far more effective ways to fight, stuns, parries, and combos with your partner seem to really speed things along. Managing Risk is still a little confusing to me. Does switching reset it?

Parakeetman

You actually shouldnt be pressing O non stop as if you have not edited the combo list all you are doing is wasting SP by having the Sword Skill automatically activated at the end.

You need to earn Skill Points from leveling up your weapons that have a number representation of how far along it has progressed.

Skill points is whats used to buy new Sword Skills (offensive skills) and Battle Skills (buffs, debuffs, healing, etc)

Loving it so far. Closing in on the end of the first Hollow. Really intense, energetic, and fun so far. I like having to time things, pay attention to what my partner is suggesting, watch for parryable attacks, even pulling mobs ala MMOs is good fun. I haven't seen even a hiccup in the text so far, but then it hasn't been long.

Good to hear!

Parakeetman

How do you switch targets... manual says left and right buttons, wtf is that on a Vita

its literally the left and right keys on the Dpad. its kind of a mess with how it works really lol, but you will get used to it eventually. breaking off of a target and out of combat totally is a whole nother story too...

Parakeetman

Doing that just makes me end up using the dpad shortcuts. D:

shit i dont have my game active, since there was a button combination you had to press. It was really odd with how they did it truthfully.

X then left / right? cant remember. D:

wait think X is used to actually break off combat when in the mode to actually switch targets... or something like that.

Great responses to the O thing as you can see we all help each other here, which is great! And great responses, I am away from home now, but when I get back I expect to see a ton of others responding but how much they like it.

Doombear

So many skills, and already I have points to spread around from the jump. Going to hang on to them a bit until I decide what I want to do.

If memory serves, while it would take a lot of grinding, you CAN feasibly unlock everything for every weapon yeah? I am not saying it would be smart, or fun, but it's possible yeah?

Oh and here is the first time anything mentions HOW to stun, like stated the actual skill description says nothing about Stun.

ib0X6RpGSPD8pY.png

Parakeetman

So many skills, and already I have points to spread around from the jump. Going to hang on to them a bit until I decide what I want to do.

If memory serves, while it would take a lot of grinding, you CAN feasibly unlock everything for every weapon yeah? I am not saying it would be smart, or fun, but it's possible yeah?

Oh and here is the first time anything mentions HOW to stun, like stated the actual skill description says nothing about Stun.

ib0X6RpGSPD8pY.png

Im not exactly sure how many skill points you would get if you went and 1000ed all of the weapons in the game. But one thing is for sure eventually you will want to start thinking long and hard about which skills you pick as the higher up you go the more expensive they become in skill point cost.

So I just accepted my first side-quest (protecting a farm?) and I'm a bit confused about how to know where to go to do it. Can I only access those two areas from the teleporter, or is there an exit from town too?

The game recommended I start with the Hollow Area, so I don't want to go off in a bad direction this early on.

Parakeetman

So I just accepted my first side-quest (protecting a farm?) and I'm a bit confused about how to know where to go to do it. Can I only access those two areas from the teleporter, or is there an exit from town too?

The game recommended I start with the Hollow Area, so I don't want to go off in a bad direction this early on.

Aincrad is by far easier than the Hollow Area as Hollow Area was designed more with folks who are familiar with the game / combat in general.

For Hollow Area its only done from the teleporter, Aincrad you can go to the other zones by leaving the towns main gate, but then you will literally have to walk everywhere yourself. Once you have certain points open up in Aincrad you will be able to teleport to them as in each floor.

One upside with the Hollow Area is there are little "checkpoint" stones which you can activate allowing you to teleport back to the locations of them from the main terminal. Seriously helps in some areas.

Yukianesa

Neo Member

Im not exactly sure how many skill points you would get if you went and 1000ed all of the weapons in the game. But one thing is for sure eventually you will want to start thinking long and hard about which skills you pick as the higher up you go the more expensive they become in skill point cost.

Unfortunately, there are not enough skill points to learn everything even after mastering evasion, shield, and all the weapons. However, there should be more than enough points to learn everything you want to learn. Just be more prudent at the beginning as to what you want to learn and what you don't.

Aincrad is by far easier than the Hollow Area as Hollow Area was designed more with folks who are familiar with the game / combat in general.

For Hollow Area its only done from the teleporter, Aincrad you can go to the other zones by leaving the towns main gate, but then you will literally have to walk everywhere yourself. Once you have certain points open up in Aincrad you will be able to teleport to them as in each floor.

One upside with the Hollow Area is there are little "checkpoint" stones which you can activate allowing you to teleport back to the locations of them from the main terminal. Seriously helps in some areas.

Thanks, I will check out Aincrad first then. I just found it by leaving the gate and helping some people, so I will continue to explore a bit.

Parakeetman

Thanks, I will check out Aincrad first then. I just found it by leaving the gate and helping some people, so I will continue to explore a bit.

Its a lot smaller area and the monsters are weaker than yourself so makes things a bit easier to get used to the mechanics. Though there will be some boss types of enemies that might make things a bit challenging, so just be sure to check the level of enemies when you are unsure of if you should be hitting something or not lol

Aincrad will make you feel like this for a little while
aUmdDrF.gif

Making you feel all invincible

Then you wander into the Hollow Area and it turns into this
Death_in_SAO.gif

:D

Ok, just watched the first 15 episodes (1 more than the 14th just to have a safe margin). What should I do first in this game? the 24 last floors or the plus content that wasn't in the PSP game? Any tips? Thanks.

Just saw the post above, thanks!

maouvin

Ok, just watched the first 15 episodes (1 more than the 14th just to have a safe margin). What should I do first in this game? the 24 last floors or the plus content that wasn't in the PSP game? Any tips? Thanks.

Check the link on the post above yours.
edit: ha!

Top Bottom