• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

~6 hours in, only on second boss of Aincrad. I think I'm getting better at how the combat works at least. I feel like it's going to take quite a bit of time for me to "get" everything.

ramyeon

Lying in bed with Sinon and she asks "Do you do this with others?" I say yes and her happiness bar almost fills completely up lol.

The "Dating" part of this game is tedious, it would be better if the conversations made any kind of sense. This isn't even the fault of the localisation (Although there are a bunch of typos), the Japanese screens I saw didn't make any sense either lol.

JPS Kai

~6 hours in, only on second boss of Aincrad. I think I'm getting better at how the combat works at least. I feel like it's going to take quite a bit of time for me to "get" everything.

If you're trophy hunting, two things to keep in mind.

One, always get the last hit (you'll see it on the results screen) and DO NOT sell the item you get.

Two, never let any NPC's die during the boss fight.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is the bar when you open the friends list the level of bond? Trying to get those trophies at least right now.

Xenus

It started to click with me on the first hollow mission taking down those guys protecting the chests. I started to learn the link combos to kick their ass and proper use of the regen skill and switch.

Damn this thread moved so fast. Been kind of busy these past few days, since I get two weeks off before going back to college and need to get stuff done before I go back again. Haven't been able to be as active as I should on here to help folks out, but I see the other vets giving good advice, and everyone seems to be helping each other. Great stuff :D

Still getting my bearings, and not being able to play for extended periods of time hasn't helped much. I'll admit its kind of overwhelming to see all the skill and know what to spend points on and what to hotkey. Basically that dog picture people have posted- I have no idea what's going on.

Couple questions:
1. Is stun and paralyze the same thing? Philia keeps telling me to stun enemies and I used a skill that paralyzes (which doesn't always paralyze) to maybe do it.

2. What is a dead end? I was fighting a big troll guy with a greataxe. He wasn't destroying me or anything, but I guess I started from the area's cutscene?

Keep in mind that I'm literally a couple hours in. Hopefully this will all sink in at some point, because I see myself spending a ton of time into this.

Xenus

Still getting my bearings, and not being able to play for extended periods of time hasn't helped much. I'll admit its kind of overwhelming to see all the skill and know what to spend points on and what to hotkey. Basically that dog picture people have posted- I have no idea what's going on.

Couple questions:
1. Is stun and paralyze the same thing? Philia keeps telling me to stun enemies and I used a skill that paralyzes (which doesn't always paralyze) to maybe do it.

2. What is a dead end? I was fighting a big troll guy with a greataxe. He wasn't destroying me or anything, but I guess I started from the area's cutscene?

Keep in mind that I'm literally a couple hours in. Hopefully this will all sink in at some point, because I see myself spending a ton of time into this.

Stun you need use your skill that is on square as defualt I forget what it was called.

Dead end happened to me once. Phillia died. I think it might happen if either of youtr party memebers die.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Couple questions:

paralyze messes with characters actions so on occasion you are unable to perform an action correctly.

stun is you stop a single action and the enemy for a very brief period of time.

dead end is when your partner dies you need to pay attention to their status at all times.

Couple questions:

1) unless you changed your skills, stun was the original square skill you started with. They are two different statuses from what i seen playing for over 12 hours already.

2) Dead end? Only time I ever saw it was when I either died or my partner died. So from your description, you were good, maybe your partner died.

1) unless you changed your skills, stun was the original square skill you started with. They are two different statuses from what i seen playing for over 12 hours already.

2) Dead end? Only time I ever saw it was when I either died or my partner died. So from your description, you were good, maybe your partner died.

Ah, that might be it. I wasn't paying attention to partner HP. Do they generally require you to heal them or do they take care of it themselves?

Is it supposed to say that or is that just part of the lazy localization?

svgivj.jpg

Why is this game more expensive than Dragon Ball Z and One Piece despite those two having boxed releases also ?

Sorry Namco but with the way it's priced on Polish PSN store I can get Diablo 3 or Destiny for few euros more from the shop.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thought as much. I'm honestly worried about Tales of Hearts translation now since they obviously did such a good job with SAO...

people need to understand why this is fucked up. its because they used the asia script instead of actually localizing it internally in the US. whoever did the asia script was clearly not one whos first language is english

if it was done internally in the us correctly it would not have turned out like this.

PewPewK

Is it supposed to say that or is that just part of the lazy localization?

svgivj.jpg

At least it's not written as 蜘蛛の糸... that would have been even more embarrassing.

people need to understand why this is fucked up. its because they used the asia script instead of actually localizing it internally in the US. whoever did the asia script was clearly not one whos first language is english

Yeah, but it's not the exact same script. They had someone do an edit pass over it, but they still missed a lot of mistakes.

Example: "It that black man sexually harassing that maid!?" -> "Is that man in black sexually harassing that maid!?"

There are a number of edits like that to the script from the Asian version, but even still, some errors like "If you don`t want to be taken the advantages, use your brain more..." exist.

ramyeon

Just reached the entrance to the first labyrinth. Pretty fun so far, I've been using Sinon and she seems a bit weak since she's even lower level than the other girls, levelling up is pretty slow too D:

Looking for the Valley Herbs needed for a quest and I found one but are there other spots I can find them or do I have to come back after a day has passed and get it from there again?

Xenus

The first few hours I played seem pretty good except the occasional odd word order/missing word or misusage of plurals. So that gives me hope in that given the extra time for the new content patch to drop gives them more time to revise the script.

PewPewK

Just reached the entrance to the first labyrinth. Pretty fun so far, I've been using Sinon and she seems a bit weak since she's even lower level than the other girls, levelling up is pretty slow too D:

Looking for the Valley Herbs needed for a quest and I found one but are there other spots I can find them or do I have to come back after a day has passed and get it from there again?

They're all in the section where you defeat the giant spider after going through the cave with the Lizardmen. No need to come back, you can find em all there.

darkwing

You can do it a few times on the same spot until it says you can't find anymore today, rezoning seems to work for me but there are other spots

JPS Kai

If you look into the skills you can purchase/unlock, there's an active skill you can purchase that gives your partner 100% of your EXP. I haven't tried it yet and can not confirm if it stacks with the EXP boost skill as well.

darkwing

If you look into the skills you can purchase/unlock, there's an active skill you can purchase that gives your partner 100% of your EXP. I haven't tried it yet and can not confirm if it stacks with the EXP boost skill as well.

wow, this is a good find

ramyeon

They're all in the section where you defeat the giant spider after going through the cave with the Lizardmen. No need to come back, you can find em all there.
Do you remember where they are? I found one behind the spider and one while going up the hill but I can't find a third.
You can do it a few times on the same spot until it says you can't find anymore today, rezoning seems to work for me but there are other spots
Could only gather once from these spots, probably because they give quest items. Rezoning didn't work either.
Yeah saw that one, probably gonna grab it next since it seems useful for sure.

Edit: Found the third one! Now another silly question. Teleport Stones are easy enough to buy or find that I can use them without caring too much right?

ramyeon

Man, NMs are no joke. Wandered off the path and got a quest to kill Roughneck but he destroys me in mere seconds despite being the same level.

PewPewK

Edit: Found the third one! Now another silly question. Teleport Stones are easy enough to buy or find that I can use them without caring too much right?

You can buy them back in Arc Sophia, but they're like a million gold per. Not that bad at higher levels, but a little expensive when you're starting out.

artsi

Got to the anime episode 14 yesterday and started the game. Feels pretty good, but man..

"Ok here's a new elf-waifu for you, look at her big boobs, LOOK"

"Hello brother! It's me, your sister!"

Dl0Hx.gif

darkwing

Got to the anime episode 14 yesterday and started the game. Feels pretty good, but man..

Dl0Hx.gif

to be fair, technically she is not, plus you are married with a kid

Steel

Banned
... Ok at this point the translation has some pretty consistent errors. It's like the further you get in the lazier the editing gets.

HIR0

Dl0Hx.gif

Not blood/biological sister.

darkwing

So on "The Sweetness Challenge", I've finished the quest and am trying to turn it in, but he keeps saying my inventory is full. Viewing my inventory says that I'm at 39/200. I've sold tons of shit, send some to storage, and he still says it's filled. Bug or am I missing something?

lol I just remembered this, you have to clear out the Hi SP potion slot since it only stores 10 in your inventory and the quest will give you 8

Xenus

they compressed it. was a little longer in infinity moment

Yeah it feels like they did it neadlessly though. It feels like they compressed the first 2-3 hours of the psp game into that 3 minute recap when it wouldn't of taken that much just to leave it in and have your present beggining scene a an hour or two in. Did they cram all the story of the first game like that into sections or is it pretty much the same from here on out with possible tweaks to account for the new characters\changes in minor plot points?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
... Ok at this point the translation has some pretty consistent errors. It's like the further you get in the lazier the editing gets.
It's totally intentional and ties into the glitches to skills and inventory you encounter during that one scene mmmmmmmmmhmmmmm.

PewPewK

lol I just remembered this, you have to clear out the Hi SP potion slot since it only stores 10 in your inventory and the quest will give you 8

Yeah, thanks, that was it (though I figured it out earlier). But for anyone else wondering, that's the solution.

---

Is it bad I'm training skills by pulling mobs over my level, backing myself into a corner, and plugging the vita into a charger and leaving it unattended while I browse GAF. When the attack noises finish I go over, pick up a new mob and repeat.

Is there a faster/better way to do this? My Scimitar skill is up to 705, but getting those last 295 points so I can train katana's is gonna be a bitch.

ramyeon

Yeah it definitely progressively gets worse. The opening parts were pretty much perfect but now that I've just discovered the first boss room it's pretty bad. Understandable but really broken English.

--

Just unlocked my first stat related costume! ...it's... interesting.
Not sure about this one haha. Her other ones look better so I guess I'd better get to work on unlocking those.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah it definitely progressively gets worse. The opening parts were pretty much perfect but now that I've just discovered the first boss room it's pretty bad. Understandable but really broken English.

--

Not sure about this one haha. Her other ones look better so I guess I'd better get to work on unlocking those.

nose bleed

darkwing

It's totally intentional and ties into the glitches to skills and inventory you encounter during that one scene mmmmmmmmmhmmmmm.

LOL they could have just added a one sentence explanation in the NA version, then the localization errors would make sense

anyways is the upgrade number thingy a percentile based chance? like 9 would mean only 9% chance

kiryogi

Banned

--

How long did it take you to do that? I've been praising the hell out of Strea on which should be all ATK actions, but their graph indicators aren't budging a single inch.

Mendrox

So I try to level Sinon up right now (why does my waifu start with such a low level? :( ). But I have a questions for other weapons
Can she use bows if I find them? Immediately?

Game is cool and I am scared that I won't play any other titles the next weeks.

--

so KLK-eqsue

Conan-san

Yeah but still the setting is there. Got to satisfy that siscon audience.
Trust me, it's something fans were not amused with back when the cartoon was playing it up for drama.

I'm maining Asuna as I am not one to be polyamurius and also side Klien so I can basically be Barnaby.

That said the game going 'dood, you're just a magnet for trouble' in regards to Kirito's social life is pretty great.

Phlebas

Banned

--

Oh god I guess I unlock Sinons costumes first.

ramyeon

How long did it take you to do that? I've been praising the hell out of Strea on which should be all ATK actions, but their graph indicators aren't budging a single inch.
Not that long actually. ATK Support maxed out real quick, and then I just switched a lot with her and praised her for switching. Cooperation seems harder to level up and I'm not sure exactly what the criteria is, but I think it might be stunning when she asks and stuff like that. Switch only had to be mid way to unlock the costume too, not max.

Top Bottom